The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 11:00 AM
Courtier

Unhappy Poor Daniel

What a great "friend" a true friend would not do that. Unfortunately if Daniel becomes Princes Daniel then he will have to get used to things like that.

Old 04-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Courtier

These photographs show Daniel's true colours - a nice, joyful man. Now we can see why Crown Princess Victoria likes him so much.

Old 04-21-2006, 08:04 AM
Aristocracy

gita > i agree

what's so offensive about those pix ??
i can't see he needs to be embarrassed about those.

drinking a few beers isn't exactly a criminal act.

if he was using drugs or being violent that would be offensive.
or if he was a member of the republican movement
Old 04-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

sigh, no, the lazy press has not taken pictures of them at the same place since new years and then not even together. Anyway here are the pics from above, scanned from soh
Old 04-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

omg, poor Daniel

Those photos are just... wow. Clearly he spent alot of time at the gym back then aswell
Old 04-24-2006, 04:38 PM
Courtier

Yes yennie you are right he did spend a lot od time in the gym all those years ago.

I meant to say it is clearly obvious like you said Yennie.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:54 AM
Royal Highness

I was quite impressed with the picture of Daniel at the King's birthday.

With slicked back hair and glasses the same colour as his hair .... I was left with the impression .... "fashionable".

In regards to glass frames and colour there-of, I'd say Daniel has more sense than I what I saw last year with Victoria and her low wide glasses.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

new photos of Daniel in Stockholm with an unidentified man.

photos by hotgossip / http://www.tv4.se/kandis/470313.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4C6D3EFC-69D7-4151-B976-CA0BF7D4D015.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	249011  
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Aristocracy

Daniel and some of his colleagues came to my office last week. Since his new "Balance Gym" is located next to my office, they would like to get us as customers. However, they spoke about the gym (which sounds very nice) and about training and what you should eat and those sorts of things. He spoke with quite an heavy accent and sounded a bit "dorky" but he seemed very nice and made everybody laugh.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:54 AM
Serene Highness

thanks for sharing your experience Cissan, explains alot of the attraction. I think it was joanne woodward( mrs paul newman) that said "sex appeal only goes so far, but a man that makes you laugh everyday is a treasure"
Old 06-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissan
Daniel and some of his colleagues came to my office last week. Since his new "Balance Gym" is located next to my office, they would like to get us as customers. However, they spoke about the gym (which sounds very nice) and about training and what you should eat and those sorts of things. He spoke with quite an heavy accent and sounded a bit "dorky" but he seemed very nice and made everybody laugh.
Cissan,
It is amazing that you had an opportunity to observe Daniel and come to your own opinion about him. I love when someone has this type of experience and shares it with fellow royal watchers. Good for you !
Old 07-05-2006, 11:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Daniel & the Defence....

This week, Svensk Damtidning has a guide for Daniel Westling into the wit & etiquette of royal life. One part of it is the issue of honorary military titles and positions, were they ask if it’s likely that Daniel would get one if he and Victoria will marry.

The answer seems to be no, probably not, but Christian Braunstein, lieutenant colonel, from the Defence’s council for traditions, doesn’t give a definite answer. He’s hesitant that it will happen in our day, if it’d been 30-40 years ago it would’ve been different. But he adds that for practical reasons, it would be possible for Daniel Westling to receive a honorary insignia in the Defence, just because it would carry significance for relations with other countries, for state visits etc.

Montage by Svensk Damtidning.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:32 AM
Commoner

According to Stureplan.se he is in båstad to promote his gym "Balance" for two days.
http://www.stureplan.se/articles/2704/
Old 07-12-2006, 06:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

one more photo of Daniel in Båstad!
Perhaps I´ll go to Båstad tonight, I´ll keep my eyes open

photo from Aftonbladet / VILLE ERICSON/GLIFE.SE
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2006, 02:05 AM
Heir Apparent

When did we last see pics of them together? At the birthday party for the king?

All the world is talking about paparazzi - does that mean that if there aren't pictures, the couple is not together any longer?
Old 07-13-2006, 06:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
When did we last see pics of them together? At the birthday party for the king?
Were there photos of them together? I dont remember seeing any... in fact, I dont remember when I last saw a photo of Victoria and Daniel together...
thats bad :)
Old 07-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
Were there photos of them together? I dont remember seeing any... in fact, I dont remember when I last saw a photo of Victoria and Daniel together...
thats bad :)
The last pics of them together were published in early december 2005, later Larzen scanned 2 pics from a Norwegian mag showing Victoria and Daniel on Christmas skiing holidays. But they weren´t pictured in one frame.
We have though seen several pics of Daniel...e.g. on the way to the King´s private birthday party. But I wouldn´t give much on that, since other friends were present as well. An itch in my little toe does say me, that there´s something rotten in this relationship...
Well, I guess we will get to know soon, if he travelled to Öland for the birthday or not...

New pic of Daniel in Båstad (From Aftonbladet.se) Can´t help...he looks as if he could say any second: Buy a membercard, or me and my "brothers" will fix a barbell around your feet and will throw you into the baltic sea...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mafiosi2.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	254528  
Old 07-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
The last pics of them together were published in early december 2005, later Larzen scanned 2 pics from a Norwegian mag showing Victoria and Daniel on Christmas skiing holidays. But they weren´t pictured in one frame.
We have though seen several pics of Daniel...e.g. on the way to the King´s private birthday party. But I wouldn´t give much on that, since other friends were present as well. An itch in my little toe does say me, that there´s something rotten in this relationship...
That's a feeling I share. I mean, the princess reaches an age where she should be thinking about marriage and children. It is more difficult for her doing both: being the heir to the throne and being wife/mother - I agree with the queen in this aspect. And it's getting more difficult with each passing year. Don't tell me that her parents don't realize this as well.

So IMHO it's either deciding to marry Daniel or to end the relationship - she simply doesn't have that much more time if she doesn't want to marry Daniel. She'll need someone else and has to start looking for somebody (amybe that's what her "social studies" were all about ) and finding her future spouse soon. In this context I really wonder why there are no longer pics of Victoria together with Daniel...

Or we'll see Carl Philip marry Emma, so that the Royal line may go via his children while Victoria stays unmarried, but with boyfriend.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that the reason we don't get as many private/paparazzi pictures of the Swedish Royal Family as we do of the other European Royal Families, is because first of all - the Swedish media is rather lazy (it feels like most of the journalists do their job via their desks, and they love to take news directly from telegrams from the news bureaus, instead of writing their own stories), and we don't have paparazzis in the same way they do in continental Europe. It's a new phenomenon here, we don't have a group of paparazzis following the royals or celebs, but whenever there are those kind of pictures - it usually comes from a press photographer who had luck or wanted to make an extra buck, or then from foreign paparazzis.

Also, the Swedish royal children aren't as interesting as many of the other Royal Families in Europe currently, because they've had the same partners for years and years, they lead quiet lives outside of their duties, there are no big scandals - and there haven't been any royal engagements, weddings and adorable children to follow. And that's an important factor to have paparazzis around, I'd say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Or we'll see Carl Philip marry Emma, so that the Royal line may go via his children while Victoria stays unmarried, but with boyfriend.
You almost made my heart stop for a second there! I hope to God that won't happen, but I don't think it will either, Victoria loves children. Maybe she needs a little reminder that she's gonna be 30 next year... Also, an unmarried Crown Princess and then Queen, that would be very embarassing and not seen as normal. No matter how harsh it sounds, being the Heir does not only include inheriting the Crown, but also producing heirs.
Old 07-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
It's a new phenomenon here, we don't have a group of paparazzis following the royals or celebs, but whenever there are those kind of pictures - it usually comes from a press photographer who had luck or wanted to make an extra buck, or then from foreign paparazzis.
I think there are paparazzi photos taken, but they arent that interesting so the magazines never publishes them. When I had access to alloverpress there were new paparazzi photos almost every day, and not one of them was ever published in a magazine as far as I know...

so I think its a mixtue of lack of interest from the magazines (+ perhaps to expensive photos?) and the number of proffesional paparazzis in Sweden

Tags
crown princess victoria, current events, daniel westling, relationships