Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, Current Events Part 3: July 2005 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is probably always one of the least serious threads on TRF ;) ...but yeah, let´s move on, Daniel also does. According to Daniel Nyhlén´s weekly column "confidential" Daniel Westling has changed his way with journalists and Paparazzo. When Daniel lately noted a photographer in front of his apartment house, he waved to him, went to him and changed a few words with him. In the end both guys wished each other a happy Christmas. Aaaawww, a good boy, he is :)

http://www.tv4.se/kandis/439291.html

Svensk Damtidning this week reports about a little encounter one of their reporters had with Daniel Westling recently. Daniel is currently in the middle of realising his newest gym project, the new luxury gym “Balance” (the name is his own idea) in the middle of Stockholm city.

It is at a gathering for around fifty eventual clients to be and colleagues that the encounter took place. Daniel was in a great mood and the reporter notes that he is very well trained, a flat stomach – but not a broiler.

- First I had the ambition that we would be the best in Sweden, but then we started to talk and plan around it all when someone suddenly said: “why not best in the world, he tells the small gathering of people.

- And I wanted everything to be black, a little raw. But when I saw the proposition from the architect firm I changed my mind.

Italian furniture in the reception room, black floors, sober black gym machines, custom made work out programmes and three floors filled with all kinds of work out possibilities, some with the open fires left. That’s how it will look. 2500 square metres planned luxury with great rooms for yoga, pilates, spinning, nutritional advice, massage, personal trainers – and an annual fee of 10 500 Swedish crowns. The trendy architect firm Koivisto Rune is responsible for the interior decoration.

Daniel plans to have everything done for 24 February.

The reporter writes that Daniel exuberates warmth and realness, and understands than Victoria has fallen for him – imagining how different he is from all of the super spoilt “daddy’s boys” that has previously filled her sphere. She also notes that he smells good from a nice after-shave, and there is a slight scent of coffee (which he had recently had).

A giggly little conversation takes place, and in the end Daniel “reveals” that he works out on a daily basis.

Pictures of the new gym and his colleague Frida Lindström by Stella Pictures via Svensk Damtidning

Very interesting, GrandDuchess. Thanks for the translation.

a) What is a broiler?
b) Was the giggly conversation described?
c) The best gym in the world...yeah...and I´m the greatest Royal reporter in the world ;)

Thanks

Thanks GrandDuchess for the article translation. How many gyms do Daniel own now? Does he own some sort of hotel/resort as well?

Thank you.

Gita said:
How many gyms do Daniel own now? Does he own some sort of hotel/resort as well?
He is part owner of Master Training (which consists out of 2 gyms). It´s said he owns 70% of Master Training. And it´s said he own 20% of the new gym "Balance with Axa". He doesn´t own parts of hotels and spas etc.
As much as I know he invests in horses (for horse races) and he owns a little business "DW friskvård" (dealing with health issues...massages etc.)

I´ve noted, that Daniel seems to have a habit with touching arms (very interesting news, eh :p )

Quote from last weeks Svensk Damtidning (from a "colleague" out of the health branch):
He is a very physicial/bodily person, who likes to touch the ones, he talks with. In the middle of a talk it can happen, that he touches you at the arm.

Out of an article of columnist Kerstin Weigel, who attended a breakfast meeting of Daniel´s new gym:
-Nice that you are so interested in training, he (= Daniel) says and pads my upper arm.
No shyness, no fear
And no photos
-Have you really thought that, he asks nearly pityful

The second breakfast-meeting was attended of a journalist from Svensk Damtidning (GrandDuchess has written a summary above) She tried to ask Daniel about his own training:
-How often do you self train?
Daniels smile grows. Spontaneously he places his hand on my arm and says quiet in his soft gästrikland-ish dialect: "How cute you are...(Implying: only try my dear...you won´t get any private things out of me)...no, no, that´s something I don´t wanna answer on. This feels unsound"

And 2 pics of evidence. (Un)fortunately only of him and Victoria:

dwtouching1dn.jpg

a) Is it just just me, who can already picture him touching Queen Elizabeth´s upper arm? :rolleyes:

b) Daniel´s way with female journalists is...ehum...interesting...a little jingoistic and narcistic...isn´t it (?:confused:?)

Last edited:
I'd say it's :eek: that it's only female journalists who interview Daniel. I could probably get tired of that :p too if I was Daniel.

Daniel is a 110% businessman. I believe he discretely touches people's arms as a work habit. He is trained to determine in which state your biceps are and what some training could do to improve them.

Arm touching

Maybe deniel touches peoples arms as a fiendly gesture as well to make them feel welcome and at ease?

I guess it´s some kind of both. He wants to be friendly and he is used as gym trainer to check out and touch his clients. I (not known for being prudish or really shy ;) ) remember, that the trainers in my former gym were also very "bodily" types. They touched you all the time. When one isn´t used to it, it´s a little "awkward"...even though a little more physical contact among human beings wouldn´t be bad (and don´t get me wrong I mean just pure harmless interactions ;) )

The new gym is open

According to expressen (http://expressen.se/index.jsp?a=541183) Balance with axa held a sneak prewiew yesterday and opens for business today. DW is very happy about it says expressen.
According to balancetraining.se someone called Daniel will hold spinning classes at friday afternoons for 55 minutes at 17.30pm.

Does Crown Princess Victoria work out in the gym when other members are there or does she only work out in privacy with no-one else around (minus the bodyguards)?

Oh nice gym by the way!

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniels dinner

According to our friend Daniel Nyhlén Daniel Westling have eaten dinner at the very upmarket restaurant Riche last monday with Åke Bonnier, a very wealthy member of the publishing family that owns Expressen. Mr Bonnier is not working in publishing, he is a priest in the church of Sweden. The article is largely speculation of what they were talking about and how much DW´s business gains from his ties to the crownprincess. The full article is at http://www.tv4.se/kandis/450677.html.
64655DD0-7F04-4273-9D4F-0224E46C5FD1.jpg
7C1DA229-492B-46A8-BB9D-C0ACA2E7698F.jpg

Two pictures of Westling and Bonnier.

Svensk Damtidning (see Ritva´s site http://www.ritva.com/_private/tid4774f.jpg ) last week had an article where they claims that the Master Training at Regereingsgatan (the original Master Training) have moved to premises next to Balancetraining.

We all know that sooner or later the "before" pictures show up and today it is Daniels turn, Expressen publishes pictures of Daniel Westling on a trip to Cyprus from 1993 A FORMER friend and successful business man that (ofcourse) want to be anonymous says that he got to know Daniel on that vacation and that he is a generous man, funny and wanted to hug everyone, he drank mostly bear but generally knew when to stop, they kept in contact for a while after the vacation but with tiem it become more rare. Today the sulking friend is disapointed Daniel has lived in Stockholm without getting in touch or reply to his messages.

I wonder if it is him who has sold Expressen theese pictures then, and how it must be for Daniel to wake up tp theese:p
http://expressen.se/index.jsp?a=566278

Attachments

• 104c7c8a.jpg
    104c7c8a.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 398
  • Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
oh, poor Daniel :D
But after all, it could have been worse. Its not like he is laying on the floor or anything :rolleyes:

Poor Daniel

What a great "friend" a true friend would not do that. Unfortunately if Daniel becomes Princes Daniel then he will have to get used to things like that. :rolleyes:

These photographs show Daniel's true colours - a nice, joyful man. Now we can see why Crown Princess Victoria likes him so much.

gita > i agree

what's so offensive about those pix ??
i can't see he needs to be embarrassed about those.

drinking a few beers isn't exactly a criminal act.

if he was using drugs or being violent that would be offensive.
or if he was a member of the republican movement :rolleyes:

sigh, no, the lazy press has not taken pictures of them at the same place since new years and then not even together. Anyway here are the pics from above, scanned from soh

omg, poor Daniel :D :D :D

Those photos are just... wow. Clearly he spent alot of time at the gym back then aswell

Yes yennie you are right he did spend a lot od time in the gym all those years ago.

I meant to say it is clearly obvious like you said Yennie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was quite impressed with the picture of Daniel at the King's birthday.

With slicked back hair and glasses the same colour as his hair .... I was left with the impression .... "fashionable".

In regards to glass frames and colour there-of, I'd say Daniel has more sense than I what I saw last year with Victoria and her low wide glasses.

Attachments

• 4C6D3EFC-69D7-4151-B976-CA0BF7D4D015.jpg
    4C6D3EFC-69D7-4151-B976-CA0BF7D4D015.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 437
  • C472D6EC-20C7-4FDE-8F05-4C3EFA3F5414.jpg
    C472D6EC-20C7-4FDE-8F05-4C3EFA3F5414.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,719
Last edited:
Daniel and some of his colleagues came to my office last week. Since his new "Balance Gym" is located next to my office, they would like to get us as customers. However, they spoke about the gym (which sounds very nice) and about training and what you should eat and those sorts of things. He spoke with quite an heavy accent and sounded a bit "dorky" but he seemed very nice and made everybody laugh.

thanks for sharing your experience Cissan, explains alot of the attraction. I think it was joanne woodward( mrs paul newman) that said "sex appeal only goes so far, but a man that makes you laugh everyday is a treasure"

Cissan said:
Daniel and some of his colleagues came to my office last week. Since his new "Balance Gym" is located next to my office, they would like to get us as customers. However, they spoke about the gym (which sounds very nice) and about training and what you should eat and those sorts of things. He spoke with quite an heavy accent and sounded a bit "dorky" but he seemed very nice and made everybody laugh.

Cissan,
It is amazing that you had an opportunity to observe Daniel and come to your own opinion about him. I love when someone has this type of experience and shares it with fellow royal watchers. Good for you !

Daniel & the Defence....

This week, Svensk Damtidning has a guide for Daniel Westling into the wit & etiquette of royal life. One part of it is the issue of honorary military titles and positions, were they ask if it’s likely that Daniel would get one if he and Victoria will marry.

The answer seems to be no, probably not, but Christian Braunstein, lieutenant colonel, from the Defence’s council for traditions, doesn’t give a definite answer. He’s hesitant that it will happen in our day, if it’d been 30-40 years ago it would’ve been different. But he adds that for practical reasons, it would be possible for Daniel Westling to receive a honorary insignia in the Defence, just because it would carry significance for relations with other countries, for state visits etc.

danielmilitrmontagesdtv2720069.jpg

Montage by Svensk Damtidning.

one more photo of Daniel in Båstad!
Perhaps I´ll go to Båstad tonight, I´ll keep my eyes open :D

photo from Aftonbladet / VILLE ERICSON/GLIFE.SE

Attachments

• west210.jpg
    west210.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 1,519
When did we last see pics of them together? At the birthday party for the king?

All the world is talking about paparazzi - does that mean that if there aren't pictures, the couple is not together any longer? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom