The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I sure hope those NK bags contains something a bit more exciting and exclusive than new gym clothes for Victoria...

Old 12-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Commoner

Breakfast with Daniel

Daniel W is marketing his new gym not only with an homepage, http://www.balancetraining.se/ but also with breakfastmeetings, one of which has been attended by Kerstin Weigl, a rather serious kolumnist at aftonbladet (link in a previous posting by Yennie). Two more will be held in January and seats could be reserved through the homepage. The interior is designed by highly acclaimed minimalist interior architects Claesson Koivisto Rune, and the yearly membership fee is SEK 10500. CKR has also been responsible for the redesign of Operakällaren, Sandro Catenaccis restaurant.

Old 12-18-2005, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
I sure hope those NK bags contains something a bit more exciting and exclusive than new gym clothes for Victoria...
hahahaha
The always same size of his packages/bags makes one suspicious, doesn´t it?
When I go Christmas shopping (what I don´t do anymore...for what do we have the inet), then I carry packages in different sizes.
BTW is it normal for Swedish shopping centers to have bags with the logo of the shopping center, but not to have bags with the logos of the single shops in the shopping center?
Old 12-18-2005, 05:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
hahahaha
BTW is it normal for Swedish shopping centers to have bags with the logo of the shopping center, but not to have bags with the logos of the single shops in the shopping center?
hmm, no I dont think so. atleast I cant think of any right know...

But NK is quite special. Kinda like Harrods in London.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
hmm, no I dont think so. atleast I cant think of any right know...

But NK is quite special. Kinda like Harrods in London.
Thank you, Yennie. I know it´s special and I can´t think of a comeparable shopping center here.
Also thanks for the article and the new photo of Daniel. I must say this mustard-coloured winter jacket doesn´t look bad!
So a comparison to the great Jack Nicholson. I guess I´m alone, when I say, how cool it would be to watch his princely career, when Daniel would also share the character with Jack Nicholson
But I can see the physicial similarities:
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P...2.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Strangely in the pic, provided of Aftonbladet, Jack´s smile and facial expression reminds me more of a funny/happy Vickan
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/05...ck-717_368.jpg

Generally I loved to read the article. Finally a real descripion and not gossip on him from second...third...fourth...hand
Old 12-22-2005, 06:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissan
Aftonbladet

Daniel & Vickan fick fira i förväg

http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vd7mt.jpg
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/1671/vd28rv.jpg

Julen får Daniel och Victoria fira på var sitt håll, men i går kväll passade de på att smygstarta julfirandet med middag tillsammans med ett okänt äldre par på anrika Operakällaren i Stockholm.

Full story here.

Translation:

Since D&V have to spend christmas on different locations they started an early christmas yesterday at the old restaurant operakällaren in Stockholm with an unknown elderly couple. They arrived about 19.30 and ate turbot (a fish) with saffron risotto and shared a bottle of red wine. They left about 22.30. They sat in the back of the restaurant where they could have some privacy but everyone noticed them when they left. Victoria looked happy and smiled at everybody and Daniel smiled too!
now we know who the other couple are. Its the swedish diplomat Barbro Sasch-Osher and her american husband Bernard.
Victoria and Daniel met them when they stayed at the residence during their holiday in San Fransisco in spring 2005, according to Svensk Damtidning
Old 12-22-2005, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

1 more picture of Victoria & Daniel having dinner from billetbladet
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2006, 08:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Victoria and Daniel attended the wedding of Victoria former clasmate Eric Falk to Fatoma Hafström in Roslagskulla. The guests said Vicotria was in a great mood and very happy that Eric got married. the couple had chosen disney music for the service, A whole new world, from Aladdin and Can you feel the love tonight, from the Lion King. After the wedding there was a posh party in Cedergrenska tower in Stocksund, there were 20 speeches but Victoria prefered a low profile and gratulate them in private. After the wedding waltz Victoria and Daniel danced to latest tunes of Madonna and Charlotte Pirelli(Very classy choice of music all over, if you ask me )

Ofcourse the lazy photographer has not gotten any pictures of daniel but here is a smal one of Victoria, Patrik Østeberg via expressen

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=501847
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love that brown colour on Victoria...very classy! Too bad there´s no photos of Daniel... would have been nice to see them together!
Old 01-08-2006, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the informations, Larzen.
So they go on with attending weddings. What about an own one Or are they searching for inspirations (Please no Disney Music and Madonna...I fear the worst with these 2 Britney-fans )
What I can see Victoria looks good. I only would have felt a little cold without long sleeves and/or a Jacket.
Hopefully other media have pics of Daniel too.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissajames
I think Victoria looks good in glasses. Glasses nowadays are fashion assersories as well as helping one see properly!
Also a useful way of preventing one from crying when cutting onions.

Which I suppose Victoria does on a daily basis :)

Larzen > Is this Patrik Österberg a papparazzi ??

He also supplied pictures of the royal family at the church service on Christmas Day.

Although I can't help myself from looking at these pictures once they are published I have to admit I could live without them. But I guess they pay Patrik Österberg's bills
Old 01-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn
Also a useful way of preventing one from crying when cutting onions.

Which I suppose Victoria does on a daily basis :)
I´ve tried that with the glasses, and it doesn´t work. I had some protection glasses from chemistry lessons, and they worked, because they protect your eyes all around

Quote:
Larzen > Is this Patrik Österberg a papparazzi ??

He also supplied pictures of the royal family at the church service on Christmas Day.

Although I can't help myself from looking at these pictures once they are published I have to admit I could live without them. But I guess they pay Patrik Österberg's bills
As much as I know he is one. But I would say the Swedish Royals can´t complain. They are left alone like no other Royal Family in Europe. Besides I think to be photographed at something "half official" as weddings or church services is nothing one should complain about.
And good for Mr Österberg, that his bills get paid, Vickan´s are also paid in a very generous way of the Swedish ppl
Old 01-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Peter Magnusson and David Hellenius as "Vickan" & "Daniel":
http://www.tv4.se/player/categories....d=36443&more=1
(choose Daniel och Victoria testar på att sitta i parlamentets panel on the left)

In the sketch they participate in "Parlamentet" (Some kind of Satire programme). "Vickan" (just like the original) makes her besserwisser statements. The audience doesn´t consider her as funny. "Daniel" on the opposite gets a lot of laughs. In the end he is offered to become part of the show, and "Vickan" sulks.

I think it´s funny...but somehow I think this will also be a problem in reality. I don´t think Victoria & Daniel will ever particiapte in Parlamentet but I wonder, what would happen, when Daniel would be funnier than Victoria (the few things we have "heard" of him hint that) and will appeal to the people. Victoria is known for her "one girl show", she is best when she performs duties alone (without her family), I wonder, if she´s ready to share the attention. Maybe that´s the reason, why it all takes so long
Old 01-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

that's cruel! poor victoria. if people had a male actor impersonate me like that I would cry.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
that's cruel! poor victoria. if people had a male actor impersonate me like that I would cry.
It seems Victoria is always played of men in sketches (not at least because the world of parodies is dominated of males)
The combo who makes the show is a group of three. And somehow the girl in the team wouldn´t fit as Victoria or Madeleine.
I wouldn´t mind, when an male actor would play me, I guess I would feel rather hurt through the things they say. Not at least because there´s a grain of truth in it. Carl Philip is shown in a very abstract way, which hasn´t to do much with the real Carl Philip. So I guess he doesn´t care much, even though the shown image isn´t very charming.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think this show is brilliant entertainment, I can understand that maybe Victoria, Silvia and Daniel dont think so , because I think they are the ones who get it worst in this show. Carl Philip portrait does not seem to have much foundation in the truth, and Madeleine is portraid as a Gucci barbie but its not really that mean towards her in my oppinion. I however think Silvia especially cant be amused with this show, they pick her accent, her movements, her hair and her way of speaking so good and I have even started to listen to Silvia in a new way and cant avoid making the comparrison with this character. I cant help but laugh at Vicotrias sharp chin and the way she is portrayed as a besserwisser and miss sensible, yes its a little over the top but it makes for great entertainment... I do wonder if the royals them selves watch it:o
Old 01-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
I think this show is brilliant entertainment, I can understand that maybe Victoria, Silvia and Daniel dont think so , because I think they are the ones who get it worst in this show. Carl Philip portrait does not seem to have much foundation in the truth, and Madeleine is portraid as a Gucci barbie but its not really that mean towards her in my oppinion. I however think Silvia especially cant be amused with this show, they pick her accent, her movements, her hair and her way of speaking so good and I have even started to listen to Silvia in a new way and cant avoid making the comparrison with this character. I cant help but laugh at Vicotrias sharp chin and the way she is portrayed as a besserwisser and miss sensible, yes its a little over the top but it makes for great entertainment... I do wonder if the royals them selves watch it:o
I just think that this kind of moking of the royal family weakens their position. regular celebrities can and should be sent up but the royal family should be accorded special respect.

but that's just me. i'm a little extreme. making fun of the queen used to be a crime punishable by jail in the netherlands and I for one am sorry that is no longer the case.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
I just think that this kind of moking of the royal family weakens their position. regular celebrities can and should be sent up but the royal family should be accorded special respect.

but that's just me. i'm a little extreme. making fun of the queen used to be a crime punishable by jail in the netherlands and I for one am sorry that is no longer the case.
Yes, let´s put the Hey Baberiba-gang to jail for making fun of a family, who cashes millions for making 4 months holidays a year (The Bernadottes are this week still on holidays) :p
But that´s just me
Well, I can understand, that one wants to protect the head of state, since it represents a part of the national identity, but everything has limits. When some Royals would act by showing more dignity and class, the parodies would be different or wouldn´t exist
Old 01-11-2006, 04:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I haven´t done it for a while, and maybe you (or poor Yennie, who has to answer all my questions ) have thought, that I stop, but nada
I wonder, what this week´s Se&Hör headline mean:
Victoria´s hard decision and Victoria escaped from the wedding (and something with "Daniel", but I can´t figure it out, since it´s so small
http://www.soh.se/Templates/Login/Lo...px%3fid%3d4716
Old 01-22-2006, 09:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

An article from Norwegian Her og Nå on Victoria and Daniels New Years stay in Åre, close to the Norwegian border, Her og Nå is the lowest quality rag in Norway but somehow they managed to get these pictures exclusively, the text is not exactly Pulitzer worthy though:p

Quote:
Victoria and Daniel are beaming with happiness these days, together with two other couples they went to the mountains for New Years. The couple follows Swedish tradition (me ) and don’t show their love in public, but when they were not skiing separately the enjoyed time in the family carbine at Storlien. The Swedish RF has as tradition to celebrate New Years at this cabin ever since the children were small, but last year they did not go because of the tragic tsunami

Vickan and her bf came by train to Storlien two days before New Years, it had fallen more than 1 meter of snow, and the two turtle Dows and their company was driven up to the cabin. After their cars had got stuck in the snow they had to use snow scooters to get there. The sporty gang used the days to ski, on Friday they spent the night at after ski at Storlien Mountain Hotel, which is the closest neighbour to the royal cabin which was a gift to the family in 1933

Usually they go out for dinner at the hotel, but this time they preferred to eat in the cabin, New Years Eve the couples celebrated together, but they might have looked at the splendid fireworks the hotel sent up to honour their guests

The Swedish Heir had a lot of fun hiding for the many photographers that tried to take her picture, when all the press thought she was going out with her love Daniel it turned out it was one of the Body guards that was skiing with her, shortly after came Daniel together with one of Victoria’s female friends

The second day in the New Year Victoria and her friends their best to fool the press, everyone thought they were going out driving when the police guards drove the car in front of the cabin, instead they went on a snow scooter safari in the Swedish mountains. Victoria’s press game continued until they were returning to Stockholm in the evening, the Press thought they were on to them when a snow scooter with all the luggage drove over to one of the sleeping cabins of the train, there they patiently waited for the Princess and her boyfriend to board the train, instead they decided to drive to the next station where the boarded the train
Me: the swedish press need to get in shape, how could this be the only pictures taken when they are staying at such a smal place

Victoria and Daniel, pictures by Kurt Pedersen and Frode Thingstad

Tags
crown princess victoria, current events, daniel westling, relationships