The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 05:42 AM
Aristocracy

"Samtidigt kan Expressen avslöja kungens viktigaste julklapp till kronprinsessan: Nästa år får Daniel Westling också delta i mer officiella sammanhang - vid sin flickväns sida."

WHAT?!

Old 12-14-2005, 05:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishme
"Samtidigt kan Expressen avslöja kungens viktigaste julklapp till kronprinsessan: Nästa år får Daniel Westling också delta i mer officiella sammanhang - vid sin flickväns sida."

WHAT?!
He will replace Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg and will become her Mentor.
I think this is a typical Expressen-conclusion. No clue of the Monarchy, but writing 1000 articles on it.

Old 12-14-2005, 06:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
So what do you believe? I´ve problems to believe Expressen´s version. Not at least because I could imagine, that their families would want to have their "children" with them. Victoria will be on the 26th in the SVT-studio (hopefully no moderator asks her, how she experienced the Tsunami tragedy ). So this would mean Christmas eve at Drottningholm, and then only a short Christmas day to go up to Daniel´s parents. Well, he could go alone...
If I had been together with my boyfriend for 3, 4 and 6 years, like in the case of the royal children, I would DEMAND to spend christmas with him. I think it's crazy that the king won't allow that. He has to accept that his kids are adults who are starting their own families now. If I was one of the royal children I would spend christmas with my boyfriend/girlfriend and not with my parents.

In conclusion, I hope that Expressen is right, but I'm afraid that it's Aftonbladet who is right.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissan
If I had been together with my boyfriend for 3, 4 and 6 years, like in the case of the royal children, I would DEMAND to spend christmas with him. I think it's crazy that the king won't allow that. He has to accept that his kids are adults who are starting their own families now. If I was one of the royal children I would spend christmas with my boyfriend/girlfriend and not with my parents.

In conclusion, I hope that Expressen is right, but I'm afraid that it's Aftonbladet who is right.
I think we had the very same discussion last year, you had the same position and I´ve still mine. IMO Christmas is a festivity for the nuclear family (in the opposite to New Year). I don´t know any young couple, who wouldn´t celebrate Christmas with their nuclear families. Mostly the couples, I know celebrate alone with their families and meet then later the evening. Or some young couples celebrate 3 hours with her family and then three with his (or vice versa). This works of course only, when couple and the families live only a few kilometers away. Which isn´t the case for Daniel & Victoria or Carl Philip & Emma.
Personally I would prefer Christmas Eve at the Westlings. They seem to be a very close nice family...and probably little Hedwig & Vera are with them. Christmas with children is IMO always more special than a lot of twens and their parents. I don´t think, that Christmas at Drottningholm is very relaxing. At least not for a "newbie"
Old 12-14-2005, 08:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
He will replace Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg and will become her Mentor.
I think this is a typical Expressen-conclusion. No clue of the Monarchy, but writing 1000 articles on it.

hahahaa....

mmm i think this whole thing is..ODD...
and i dont believe it for a second..coz as u say..its typical expressen..and i couldnt drescribe their knowledge on monarchy better than you just did
Old 12-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Serene Highness

By the christmas dinner at Operakällaren yesterday who is the man and woman on the left/right site of the crownprincess?
Old 12-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna
By the christmas dinner at Operakällaren yesterday who is the man and woman on the left/right site of the crownprincess?
Aftonbladet doesn´t know it. But doesn´t he look like Mats Jansson, who is said to be Daniel´s mentor.

Mats is now boss of Axfood (I guess it´s the same as Axa food...and they made a business deal). Operakällaren is owned of Alessandro Catenacci. He is a friend of Daniel and member of the board of Master Training. He is also involved in Alberto Biani´s fashion business. Victoria and Daniel attended in February Biani´s fashion show. Hm, I feel like a loony, knowing such things
Old 12-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Aftonbladet doesn´t know it. But doesn´t he look like Mats Jansson, who is said to be Daniel´s mentor.

Mats is now boss of Axfood (I guess it´s the same as Axa food...and they made a business deal). Operakällaren is owned of Alessandro Catenacci. He is a friend of Daniel and member of the board of Master Training. He is also involved in Alberto Biani´s fashion business. Victoria and Daniel attended in February Biani´s fashion show. Hm, I feel like a loony, knowing such things
that's not loony at all! and if it is, we're all loony together. i'm loony for knowning who your avatar is.

that's interesting info. what does Mats do with the Biani fashion house? is he an investor or does he have some creative control as well?
Old 12-14-2005, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
that's not loony at all! and if it is, we're all loony together. i'm loony for knowning who your avatar is.

that's interesting info. what does Mats do with the Biani fashion house? is he an investor or does he have some creative control as well?
Not Mats, but Alessandro, the owner of the Opera cellar (where they ate) is connected to Biani. I though can´t say how. It was one time mentioned in an article on Daniel and his connections.

Yes, maybe we are all loony. But knowing ETW is only natural...I think she already belongs to the Royal family Well, then again to know and deal with the RF is a bit...strange...as well

Noooooo, girls...the 4 button Tiara...ok, sometimes Victoria has her fashion slips, but that...at her wedding day?! I hope and pray, that she will choose one of the grand Tiaras (Braganca please ) and that pollyemma doesn´t need to jump. She should be able to say the baby out of this marriage (the baby, who would wear one day the 4 button Tiara )
Old 12-14-2005, 12:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

oh how nice to see Danne and Vickan out´n about again :)
Operakällaren must be a nice place to celebrate Lucia at

psst: I dont think its a good idea to hotlink the pictures from Aftonbladet. Doesn´t that steal bandwith?
Old 12-15-2005, 03:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Duuuuuniels new gym:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/special/bildspel/3205/no.jpg

In the opposite to Master Training, everyone (with enough money...still) can work out there. You don´t need to be recommended of 2 other members.
This gym will also have a room for children, rooms for massages and solariums.
Daniel will own 20%, 50% will be owned of the other gyms (of course gyms can´t own things ...I guess Abladet means the Co-owners in Master Training) and 30% come from secret investors.
Of course Miss Vickan won´t work out there (after all it´s a folkligt gym for everyone and not a secret club...), but what about a job as nanny for the children in the gym? Finally some real work and when she knows how to keep children quiet (DVD-player ), she could also read the books, she needed nearly the whole autumn off for
Aftonbladet says Daniel and Victoria ate in the Opera cellar with an american couple and Victoria paid the bill...

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...747105,00.html
Old 12-15-2005, 06:17 AM
Commoner

Balance with Axa

Quote:

Axfood have nothing to do with Axa. Axa is owned by Cerealia which belongs to the farmers cooperatives (Lantmännen) while Axfood belongs to the Johnsson family (Antonia Ax:son Johnson and other familymembers).
It was suggested in a previous post that the unknown 30% investor in Balance with Axa is Axa but according to Dagens industri (paper edition) it is not.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tog
Axfood have nothing to do with Axa. Axa is owned by Cerealia which belongs to the farmers cooperatives (Lantmännen) while Axfood belongs to the Johnsson family (Antonia Ax:son Johnson and other familymembers).
It was suggested in a previous post that the unknown 30% investor in Balance with Axa is Axa but according to Dagens industri (paper edition) it is not.
Oh, ok. Thank you. The names sounded so similar. :o So DI has again an article on Daniel?
Old 12-15-2005, 08:28 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Oh, ok. Thank you. The names sounded so similar. :o So DI has again an article on Daniel?
No that was in the old article.
Sydsvenskan had a huge article on DW, Ockelbo and monarchy (7 pages, paper only) a couple of weeks ago but it didn´t contain much new information. It seems that Café Opera is one of the main sponsors of Ockelbo Basket (wonder if they think they have a large potential customerbase in Ockelbo). It also said that DW subscribes to three newspapers (Dagens Nyheter, Svenska Dagbladet and Dagens Industri).
Old 12-15-2005, 09:20 AM
Heir Apparent

this is an article from danish BT on victoria & daniel :

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=...fid=100021705/

Kongen inviterer kærester til jul

I år er det ikke kun julemanden, de svenske kongebørn kan glæde sig til at se den 24. december. For første gang er alle børnenes kærester nemlig inviteret med, når der skal fejres jul på slottet...

can anyone translate ?
Old 12-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
this is an article from danish BT on victoria & daniel :

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=...fid=100021705/

Kongen inviterer kærester til jul

I år er det ikke kun julemanden, de svenske kongebørn kan glæde sig til at se den 24. december. For første gang er alle børnenes kærester nemlig inviteret med, når der skal fejres jul på slottet...

can anyone translate ?
It basiclly says that Daniel, Emma and Jonas are invited to celebrate christmas with the royal family for the first time.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:34 PM
Majesty

i really cant figure out daniel and his business.
i did not think that he can own a busniess and be queen consort then again as somoene said the king own soliden and that is a business also stenhammar

is daniel trying to to make so much money and then sell to be able to have ´his own money and do not need victorias and the state... how is it with prince henrik, prince benard and prince philip do they have or did they have their own money
Old 12-17-2005, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
i really cant figure out daniel and his business.
i did not think that he can own a busniess and be queen consort then again as somoene said the king own soliden and that is a business also stenhammar

is daniel trying to to make so much money and then sell to be able to have ´his own money and do not need victorias and the state... how is it with prince henrik, prince benard and prince philip do they have or did they have their own money
well Philip, bernhard and henrik all came from aristocratic families so I suspect they each had some independent wealth though i'm sure it varied greatly.

Bernhard was always very annoyed at suggestions that he married Juliana for her money and took pains to point out that his own family was wealthy. (just how wealthy they were is subject to dispute)

Henrik has his own wine making business from his estates in france. his name and title is displayed prominently on the label of the bottle. that's about all i know though. perhaps a danish poster could shed some light on how much of the profits Henrik pockets for himself, what goes to charity etc.

Charles also runs his Duchy of Cornwall like a business and gets $$$ from that.

I dont think Daniel continuing to run his gym and making money off it after a potential marriage to Victoria is out of the question. royals do run businesses as we see, though (like Henrik's wine and Carl Gustaf's Soliden) they've always been fairly traditional businesses -tied to land and property.

A gym would be a pretty radical departure. we'll see how it goes...
Old 12-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma

A gym would be a pretty radical departure.
I think THAT´S the POINT, it is all about. Owning something as prince consort is nothing new or something, that is per law forbidden. But it´s a lot about image. As example (I don´t want a politicial discussion, and I know the whole story is more complex than Daniels) I want to mention the german ex chancellor Gerhard Schröder, who got now a job through Putin and who will (probably) work in the Switzerland for a Russian gas company. Of course it´s not forbidden for an EX-chancellor to work in high lucrative jobs, but when you aim for a reputation as philantropist and do-gooder, it´s the worst you can do and which he also gets to feel now through a lot of criticism.
Being a prince consort is very much about seeming like a philantropist and do-gooder...and IMO high lucrative businesses (which aren´t just about managing your money and doing traditional Royal stuff) and prince consort don´t go together. It´s far too much about making profit. When Carl Gustaf sells stuff at Solliden, it´s IMO something, which would be done anyway. While a gym with the idea, that ppl work out here, because it´s related to the Prince Consort doesn´t seem, as if it would (need to) be done anyway.
Of course he could just act as investor...but still...IMO it wouldn´t help to create an princely image.

Out of the last Aftonbladet-article, I´ve posted

Det här är en idé han har gått och tänkt på länge. Det blir lite av en dröm som förverkligas, säger Frida Lindström.

Frida Lindström, who will handle the sale of the new gym to Daniel and the other investors, about Daniel:
This is an idea he has worked for and thought about for long. This will be some kind of dream to be realised, says Frida Lindström

What´s the point of realising such a project/dream, when he would get out of the practical work in 9 months (next possible date for an engagement....I still believe in a summer wedding) Can one even realise such a project in nine months (building it up, searching customers...)
This let me assume two different things:
1. No wedding at all (but then I don´t get, why no one at the court says him "make a decision finally...or stop talking to the press/DI")

2. A wedding next year. And we are totally fooled (of ETW, Daniel, Victoria...)

Possibility 3 (wedding 2007) seems (at the moment) strangely more unlikely to me than 1 and 2.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

New photo of Daniel shopping for christmas presents in Stockholm.

from aftonbladet/ Per Olof Sännås

from this article: http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...748824,00.html
Its written by a woman, Kerstin Weigel, who met Daniel at a course at the new gym and she basiclly says that Daniel reminds her of a young Jack Nicholson.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NYHETER-18s14-daniel-658_368.jpg
Views:	3804
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	221204  

Tags
crown princess victoria, current events, daniel westling, relationships