Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, Current Events Part 3: July 2005 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don´t see them sharing a wedding. It´s good PR and it seems Carl Gustaf says never no to festivites with many Royals.

Since it´s so empty here, I post two old pics from summer (Clasos). This shy smile. Isn´t he the reincarnation of "shy Di" ;) :p

I think it was nice, that Victoria did an other big trip (to Monaco) this year, but now I wouldn´t mind to catch again a climpse of her and Daniel. Maybe something Christmassy...Vickan & Danne at the Christmas market (with enough "Glögg" inside to tell us about their wedding plans ;) ...is Glögg sold without problems at Christmas markets in Stockholm :confused: )

A little "cutting" from KLICK. According to this Daniel doesn´t make a big thing (in the very opposite to his contacts with journalists) out of it to be photographed with "fans". When a man waited in front of his apartment house he didn´t refuse be photographed with him. Maybe we should give it a try (GrandDuchess, Josefine?...but maybe you shouldn´t mention, that you write on TRF...he could see you as journalists ;) )

klickdan9qa.jpg

Interesting... Daniel W has fans. Who knew :D

What does it say about Madeleine... below the text about Daniel there is a story about Madeleine and Lussan shopping together...

Yennie said:
Interesting... Daniel W has fans. Who knew :D

:D Probably only an other "Ockelboy", who wanted something special as memento from his big trip to the big city ;)

What does it say about Madeleine... below the text about Daniel there is a story about Madeleine and Lussan shopping together...

If only I would know...this cutting is nothing more than a screenshot from a programme on SVT (around 16:30), where the great Daniel Nyhlén was invited.
But probably it´s about that what little Len must do every afternoon after university:shopping ( I wouldn´t mind, when she now even would go shopping in the morning...after all the NPA is coming) :D

Last edited:
Daniel Westling was at my office last week in business. I did not speak to him myself but my boss did. She said that he was very polite and that he seemed quite smart. She was also very impressed by his social skills. When he passed by my desk I realized that he was shorter than i thought. Perhaps 175 cm.

Daniel Westling was at my office last week in business. I did not speak to him myself but my boss did. She said that he was very polite and that he seemed quite smart. She was also very impressed by his social skills. When he passed by my desk I realized that he was shorter than i thought. Perhaps 175 cm.

Wow, it seems these days it´s more likely that TRF-members catch a glimpse of Daniel, than that we do it via the press. :eek:
Isn´t your job about helping people to avoid to pay too high taxes (well, for the state "too high taxes don´t exist" ;) ) What was Daniel doing there? Is he a repeater ;) :p
I know...in comparison with Victoria he doesn´t seem much taller. It seems when it comes to men, Victoria doesn´t go for the tall guys. Daniel Collert was/is also dwarfish in comparison to many other scandinavian men

Last edited by a moderator:
"I can honestly say that there won't be a wedding next year," says Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg.

"The King turns 60, and it is evident that one wouldn't put a wedding at the same time as that."

http://expressen.se/index.jsp?a=479602

And I particular liked the quote from an anonymous friend: "It's about a snowball's chance in hell that Victoria would be allowed to get married the year her father turns 60."

Last edited:
norwegianne said:
"I can honestly say that there won't be a wedding next year," says Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg.

"The King turns 60, and it is evident that one wouldn't put a wedding at the same time as that."

And I particular liked the quote from an anonymous friend: "It's about a snowball's chance in hell that Victoria would be allowed to get married the year her father turns 60."

that's probably right, but, an engagement surely a great birthday gift for the princess' father.

norwegianne said:

The quote is really good, but I don´t like the message.
And I still wonder, if the 60th birthday is also something very special for "ordinary" Swedes. I ask, because I couldn´t say this about my surroundings. The 50th birthday is very special (biiiiig party, even my father, the birthday party pooper had one), the 60th is mostly more "modest" celebrated

In the middle of February Daniel will open a new gym (2500 square meters) It´s name will be "Balance with Axa". There products of Axa (bread, pasta, cereals, but also instant meals) will be sold.
Daniel says to Dagens Industri:
We get access to knowledge about food and dietetics through Axa. At the same time Axa gets a completely new possibility to sell their new products.

http://www.expressen.se/expressen/jsp/polopoly.jsp?a=479607

I dont get it, is this ANOTHER interview with Dagens Industri (The 3. so far?) or is it from the previous one, I cant remember reading anything about AXA in that interview, I guess we know which paper will be getting their engagement interview.

Larzen said:
I dont get it, is this ANOTHER interview with Dagens Industri (The 3. so far?) or is it from the previous one, I cant remember reading anything about AXA in that interview, I guess we know which paper will be getting their engagement interview.

:D I guess they couldn´t avoid the anxious waiting journalists from Expressobladet

As much as I know, it´s even number 4. I guess a DI-reporter trains at Master Training (or soon in "new balance with Axa") and is delighted about his results.

I assume that ETW is speaking of monetary concerns when she says there will be no royal wedding next year. My question is how "big" will the King's birthday celebrations be that it is soo impossible that there cannot be a wedding?:rolleyes:

If no wedding will take place I think that the engagement will occur then and that 2006 will be used to get the people to warm up to Daniel..Just a thought

Alisa said:
I assume that ETW is speaking of monetary concerns when she says there will be no royal wedding next year. My question is how "big" will the King's birthday celebrations be that it is soo impossible that there cannot be a wedding?:rolleyes:

If no wedding will take place I think that the engagement will occur then and that 2006 will be used to get the people to warm up to Daniel..Just a thought

Oh it seems ETW also worries about a lack of attention:
Om Victoria skulle gifta sig nästa sommar skulle hon vara tvungen att förlova sig i vår - alltså före kungen födelsedag.
- Och det säger sig självt vad samtalsämnet skulle vara på kungens födelsedag. Det skulle knappast vara hans 60-årsdag.

If Victoria wants to marry next summer, she would be forced to get engaged in spring - in other words before the king´s birthday-
-And it is self evident, what the topic of conversation would be at the king´s birthday. It hardly would be his 60th birthday.

I must though admit, I´m not 100% sure, if this was said of ETW or of the mysterious source (which is as usual used to corroborate a theory...here the one of the attention-seeking king). This comment is directly under the one norwegianne quoted ("The King turns 60, and it is evident that one wouldn't put a wedding at the same time as that"). So it´s hard to say, who should have said what.

More warming up to Daniel?! I see Larzen counting more DI-articles ;)
As I´ve said often (and I know some disagree) before, IMO it doesn´t make much sense to win hearts out of such a semi-something position.

Lena said:
More warming up to Daniel?! I see Larzen counting more DI-articles ;)
As I´ve said often (and I know some disagree) before, IMO it doesn´t make much sense to win hearts out of such a semi-something position.
I agree, now we have warmed up for 4 years, it wont get any warmer when he continues in this semi-I-love-my-dog-more-than-my-boyfriend period. And now this connection with AXA, the name of they gym is like an add for AXA, one can wonder why AXA went in to this project, is there other AXA gyms in sweden, or is this the first?
If there won't be a wedding next year - Victoria and Daniel could at least get engaged in the autumn, when the big 60th birthday celebrations are over and things are back to normal
Its a birthday, how long does it take to get back to normal? The next day he will be 60 years and 1 day, back to normal for the next 10 years what he is concerned. They could get engaged in May and then Marry in May the next year, its nothing that says that they cant be engaged for a year, it would give Daniel time to end his gyms or whatever he would have to do, and then the swedish people could warm up to him (if they need it to be warmer) from a more official position

Axa also seems to have gyms in the AXA health center
I agree, that it doesn´t look very good to have AXA in the name of the gym. But I guess AXA is the main investor and Daniel acts here more as manager. All other I couldn´t imagine, because then Daniel and Victoria finally would need to break up or already would have broken up. When Daniel would invest in an other 2000 square meter big gym, it´s hard to imagine, that he would get out the next year.
But so far I must admit, I´ve still some doubts about this project. Daniel (and earlier Benny) has talked about a lot of projects to DI and not all were realised. It seems he loves to plan (nothing wrong with that...I also belong to this category)

I hope this with the attention to the birthday is just an Expressen-story. Victoria is something he has made in this 60 years. Which father wouldn´t be proud to know his beloved daughter (happily) engaged? To have happy and healthy children is the best a human being can create...

Some thumbnails of Daniel and a friend watching a basketball game between Ockelbo and Södertalje around the 20th of November.
In pic 3 they look, as if they would have had a cuddly time ;)
ISIFA

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 279
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 305
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 281
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Larzen said:
I agree, now we have warmed up for 4 years, it wont get any warmer when he continues in this semi-I-love-my-dog-more-than-my-boyfriend period. And now this connection with AXA, the name of they gym is like an add for AXA, one can wonder why AXA went in to this project, is there other AXA gyms in sweden, or is this the first?

Its a birthday, how long does it take to get back to normal? The next day he will be 60 years and 1 day, back to normal for the next 10 years what he is concerned. They could get engaged in May and then Marry in May the next year, its nothing that says that they cant be engaged for a year, it would give Daniel time to end his gyms or whatever he would have to do, and then the swedish people could warm up to him (if they need it to be warmer) from a more official position

LOL! I agree. I know the traditions in Sweden are different but speaking as someone in her late twenties, my father would gladly bypass all his birthday parties for the next decade if I announced an engagement. Has the royal family warmed up to Daniel any more? Maybe they're the ones who really need the time? :rolleyes:

Maybe the first 2 years or so it was a case of getting to know each other and having fun and so on at least until they reach the point of this is a serious relationship and we´re going to continue it further, in which case D needs time to learn about the protocols etc.....so the extended period together can be explained by all that...also sometimes too when one is secure in a relationship but wants to continue with life there is no need for engagement (IMO, sometimes people looking for an engagement rings are ones that are insecure in the relationship and have a "need" for something to make them feel secure)...one can imagine that the day of the announcement the lives of V + D will be turned upside down and life will never be the same again...can u blame them for waiting??? I think Victoria is great and I wish her the best for her future whatever she decides.

Living x years in concubinage...what´s then the point of this show with the "first" kiss on the balcony etc. pp.?
IMO this destroys all the magic. But since it´s also unfair to expect of Royals and their commoner partners to stay virgin until the wedding and to meet only once a week for tea with Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg and grandma Westling as chaperons in the background, I can only say my favourite statement when it comes to Royals: Abdikera och lev livet :D

Lena said:
I can only say my favourite statement when it comes to Royals: Abdikera och lev livet :D

Ohh no - Lena don´t go putting ideas in their heads, what will we do with our sparetime if we don´t have lovely Victoria to rest our eyes on ;)

Daniel and Victoria to dinner

Aftonbladet

Daniel & Vickan fick fira i förväg

http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vd7mt.jpg
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/1671/vd28rv.jpg

Julen får Daniel och Victoria fira på var sitt håll, men i går kväll passade de på att smygstarta julfirandet med middag tillsammans med ett okänt äldre par på anrika Operakällaren i Stockholm.

Full story here.

Translation:

Since D&V have to spend christmas on different locations they started an early christmas yesterday at the old restaurant operakällaren in Stockholm with an unknown elderly couple. They arrived about 19.30 and ate turbot (a fish) with saffron risotto and shared a bottle of red wine. They left about 22.30. They sat in the back of the restaurant where they could have some privacy but everyone noticed them when they left. Victoria looked happy and smiled at everybody and Daniel smiled too!

Last edited:
Daniel and Victoria can spend christmas together

From Expressen

Nu får Victoria fira jul med sin Daniel

Dragkampen är över. Efter år av diskussioner och konflikter ger kungen med sig. Han tillåter att Victoria, Madeleine och Carl Philip har med sig sina kärlekar även under högtiden som normalt brukar firas bara i kretsen av de närmaste.
Men nu har Daniel Westling och kronprinsessan Victoria varit tillsammans i nästan fyra år. Vänner till paret säger till Expressen att de är mycket lyckliga och att de planerar för ett liv tillsammans - som gifta.

Full story here.

Translation: (since this is mostly rubbish, heresay and old stuff I make a summarized translation)

Victoria, Madeleine and CP get to bring their boyfriends and girlfriend to the traditional christmas celebrations at Drottningholm this year. The king does not have the energy to fight anymore. ACJ says that she knows nothing about this. Theking really likes DW and his most important gift to Victoria will be that she gets to represent together with DW next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn´t the guy in the pic, Daniel´s so called "mentor"?
So two contradictive articles. Daniel celebreate Christmas with Victoria at Drottningholm (with the other partners of the Royal children and the partners of Christina´s sons) and Daniel and Victoria celebrate Christmas apart :confused:
And all published the same day. Expressen & Aftonbladet could win (readers) more, when they wouldn´t always compete with each other.

So what do you believe? I´ve problems to believe Expressen´s version. Not at least because I could imagine, that their families would want to have their "children" with them. Victoria will be on the 26th in the SVT-studio (hopefully no moderator asks her, how she experienced the Tsunami tragedy :rolleyes: ). So this would mean Christmas eve at Drottningholm, and then only a short Christmas day to go up to Daniel´s parents. Well, he could go alone...

"Samtidigt kan Expressen avslöja kungens viktigaste julklapp till kronprinsessan: Nästa år får Daniel Westling också delta i mer officiella sammanhang - vid sin flickväns sida."

WHAT?!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

swedishme said:
"Samtidigt kan Expressen avslöja kungens viktigaste julklapp till kronprinsessan: Nästa år får Daniel Westling också delta i mer officiella sammanhang - vid sin flickväns sida."

WHAT?!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

He will replace Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg and will become her Mentor. :D
I think this is a typical Expressen-conclusion. No clue of the Monarchy, but writing 1000 articles on it.

Lena said:
So what do you believe? I´ve problems to believe Expressen´s version. Not at least because I could imagine, that their families would want to have their "children" with them. Victoria will be on the 26th in the SVT-studio (hopefully no moderator asks her, how she experienced the Tsunami tragedy :rolleyes: ). So this would mean Christmas eve at Drottningholm, and then only a short Christmas day to go up to Daniel´s parents. Well, he could go alone...

If I had been together with my boyfriend for 3, 4 and 6 years, like in the case of the royal children, I would DEMAND to spend christmas with him. I think it's crazy that the king won't allow that. He has to accept that his kids are adults who are starting their own families now. If I was one of the royal children I would spend christmas with my boyfriend/girlfriend and not with my parents.

In conclusion, I hope that Expressen is right, but I'm afraid that it's Aftonbladet who is right.

Cissan said:
If I had been together with my boyfriend for 3, 4 and 6 years, like in the case of the royal children, I would DEMAND to spend christmas with him. I think it's crazy that the king won't allow that. He has to accept that his kids are adults who are starting their own families now. If I was one of the royal children I would spend christmas with my boyfriend/girlfriend and not with my parents.

In conclusion, I hope that Expressen is right, but I'm afraid that it's Aftonbladet who is right.

:D I think we had the very same discussion last year, you had the same position and I´ve still mine. IMO Christmas is a festivity for the nuclear family (in the opposite to New Year). I don´t know any young couple, who wouldn´t celebrate Christmas with their nuclear families. Mostly the couples, I know celebrate alone with their families and meet then later the evening. Or some young couples celebrate 3 hours with her family and then three with his (or vice versa). This works of course only, when couple and the families live only a few kilometers away. Which isn´t the case for Daniel & Victoria or Carl Philip & Emma.
Personally I would prefer Christmas Eve at the Westlings. They seem to be a very close nice family...and probably little Hedwig & Vera are with them. Christmas with children is IMO always more special than a lot of twens and their parents. I don´t think, that Christmas at Drottningholm is very relaxing. At least not for a "newbie"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom