The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 02:18 PM
Gentry

Victoria looks really fantastic! I love the way she wears her hair. She looks relaxed and happy.

Thank you very much for the pics, bigheadshirmp.

Old 08-16-2005, 02:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

great pics! Thanks for posting!

Victoria looks fantastic. So happy and relaxed. And you´re right, it does look like Daniel is smiling :)

Old 08-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Nobility

I agree with all of you! She does look really happy. And that color shirt looks beautiful on her.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Aristocracy

DW looks a little slick and rogue-ish, but V wouldn't be the first princess to marry someone like that (see Princess Caroline, Princess Stephanie, possibly Q. Elizabeth and even Q. Margret, in their own ways!)
Old 08-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Victoria looks great, natural and very beautiful!

But then there's Daniel... These days he really seem to have adjusted to the "lump of butter" style, dressing like some slick Östermalm brat... Even if his old style wasn't great either (it was rather ugly, with all the trucker caps and slacky clothes), at least it was more of the original Daniel. This new styled version of his really feels like it's not the real Daniel, only an Östermalm-styled Danne, trying to fit in with the in-crowd of the Stockholm jet set... :(
Old 08-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita
I love her "DV" necklace. Is it diamonds?
I think it are. Whoever has chosen it ("whoever" is to 99% Daniel) has showed some sense for symbolism. It´s not just a plain necklace with the letters "V" and "D". As I get it the "D" is a little bit bigger (which probably represents Daniel´s physicial power through his bigger body...and this likely says something like "I protect you") and the "V" is jewelled with stones (probably diamonds). The glittering stones represent Victoria as radiant part of this relationship.
When Daniel has really planned it like this, then he has deserved some admiration.

Some pics of Daniel and Victoria watching the go-cart race. In a few you can spot Emma.
Source: Vienna press/Fotomarktplatz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A1.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	181807   Click image for larger version

Name:	a2.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	181808   Click image for larger version

Name:	a3.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	181809   Click image for larger version

Name:	a4.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	181810  

Name:	a5.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	181811   Click image for larger version

Name:	a6.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	181812   Click image for larger version

Name:	a7.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	181813   Click image for larger version

Name:	a8.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	181814  

Old 08-18-2005, 08:58 PM
Nobility

She looks great with her hair down. Westling looks VERY good looking in those pictures.

Old 08-19-2005, 03:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Many happy Westlings in one pic...

SWEDEN 040220 - Crown princess Victoria's boyfriend Daniel Westling with his father, Olle Westling and his mother Eva Westling attends a basket game. Daniel's parents are seeing the King and Queen in private, and have been invited to Drottningholm Castle, and that might be a sign of an upcoming engagement between Victoria and Daniel. Photo: Mats Olsson Code: 2039 COPYRIGHT STELLA PICTURES/Eastnews

Expressen also had the story about the Royal couple meeting the Westlings. The Westlings should have been guests at Drottningholm...and there should be contact via phone.
Eva Westling (cooking kålpudding-cabbage pudding...which should be-according to our dear GrandDuchess-tasty) was (thanks god!) not willing to tell Expressen anything. She has refused to comment (even though it must have been hard for her...I guess she can´t wait to see her boy marrying the highest ranked bachelorette in Sweden )

I don´t know...in a way I´m a bit disappointed. An engagement now wouldn´t be a surprise...just something like "was about time"

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=421380
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SZWECJA_WESTLING_DANIEL17_1.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	182101  
Old 08-19-2005, 05:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

One more photo from the race last weekend

from www.aftonbladet.se
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	race.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	182106  
Old 08-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Courtier

Thumbs up Hair

Thank you for the photographs everyone. I love Crown Princess Victoria's hair down, looks lovely and it really suits her. :)
Old 08-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Many happy Westlings in one pic...

SWEDEN 040220 - Crown princess Victoria's boyfriend Daniel Westling with his father, Olle Westling and his mother Eva Westling attends a basket game. Daniel's parents are seeing the King and Queen in private, and have been invited to Drottningholm Castle, and that might be a sign of an upcoming engagement between Victoria and Daniel. Photo: Mats Olsson Code: 2039 COPYRIGHT STELLA PICTURES/Eastnews

Expressen also had the story about the Royal couple meeting the Westlings. The Westlings should have been guests at Drottningholm...and there should be contact via phone.
Eva Westling (cooking kålpudding-cabbage pudding...which should be-according to our dear GrandDuchess-tasty) was (thanks god!) not willing to tell Expressen anything. She has refused to comment (even though it must have been hard for her...I guess she can´t wait to see her boy marrying the highest ranked bachelorette in Sweden )

I don´t know...in a way I´m a bit disappointed. An engagement now wouldn´t be a surprise...just something like "was about time"

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=421380
So does this mean that there will indeed be an engagement announcement soon? I mean, the King and Queen are very busy people, so in order for them to 'meet-up' with Daniel's parents, it must be something very important, right?

Old 08-20-2005, 05:42 PM
Courtier

Actually I just wanted to complain that you never see Daniel W. smile in those pictures - not suitable prince consort material as far as waving and smiling is concerned. But then I thought about Mette-Marit of Norway, and the fact that in those early pictures she doesn't smile, either, but looks upset or tense most of the time. And now she's turned out to be such a great princess. So maybe I should just hope for the best and expect Daniel W. to get used to the attention and relax a bit - and maybe even smile sometimes? What do you think?
Old 09-17-2005, 03:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Daniel on the way to ruin his evening (?) He has bought KLICK, a magazine from Aftonbladet, which is advertised in the clip above and which tells about this mysterious blond girl.
What bar is that, he´s holding? Or is that Ice cream?
The jacket ist IMO better, than the things he has worn of late. But the hairdo is still (sorry to say) a style, which was in Germany between 1933 and 1945 not unpopular

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...700297,00.html
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	daniel200.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	198484  
Old 09-23-2005, 06:37 AM
Courtier

A recent picture of Daniel.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ec4620cc.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	199635  
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Two mini-pics from hotgossip (maybe someone could find out how to access their archive? http://www.hotgossip.se/index.php?ka...6497eccdca5e9f )
Daniel´s headphones look weird.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Dan1.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	200277  
Old 09-27-2005, 05:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Daniel´s headphones look weird.
They could either be:
a) iPod headphones (doubt it), or;
b) he could be using a hands-free kit for his mobile phone (it looks like he's holding a phone in his hands).

I'm not really sure though. Thanks for posting the photo. :)

Old 09-27-2005, 05:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
They could either be:
a) iPod headphones (doubt it), or;
b) he could be using a hands-free kit for his mobile phone (it looks like he's holding a phone in his hands).

I'm not really sure though. Thanks for posting the photo. :)
I guess you are right with the second one (or maybe it´s an other smaller MP3-player). But why are there so many knobs at the wire/cable (even at the ear)

Hm, in a way this is one of these discussions, we are known for
Old 09-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I guess you are right with the second one (or maybe it´s an other smaller MP3-player). But why are there so many knobs at the wire/cable (even at the ear)

Hm, in a way this is one of these discussions, we are known for
Okay, I found a pic of a hands-free kit: http://tap.gallaudet.edu/AccessTelec...interfaces.jpg The ear-piece looks more like a hearing-aid. Anyway, there are so many knobs because one is where you speak into, and the other is where to clip it onto your clothes.

Yeah, we can add this to the list of unusual discussions. :) I remember there was one about me not being able to see the frog Victoria was kissing, and you drew the arrow so I could see it.

Old 09-28-2005, 06:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for checking, Danielle. Being not a regular driver, I don´t have such a thing. Hands do it for me
I bet it was Victoria, who called him and asked him to buy ice cream :p

Dear readers of bladets, I can´t buy: Why has Victoria to marry?
Old 09-28-2005, 06:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

1 Becaue the magazine is jealous on their Norwegian and Danish colleaugues who gets to report on weddings and grand children

2 They have nothing else to report about

3 Victorias ever present white shoes area sure sign she is in wedding thoughts (white shoes should only be worn be brides and debutants IMO)

4 The V and D necklace which she "just" started wearing

5 To fire up TRF members who are eagerly awaiting how she will look as a bride, will she wear glasses, ponytail and button tiara, or will she look glorious in a glam dress and the connaught tiara and they will look over the moon in Love...

Tags
crown princess victoria, current events, daniel westling, relationships