Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, Current Events Part 2: Dec 2004 - July 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expressen seems to read our Forum and seems to try to answer our questions ;)
Today they report that Danne was Christmas-shopping in Östermalm yesterday. He has bought gifts for his parents (which are according to a source very modest, but Danne wants to spoil/pamper them ;) ), sister Anna (which should be quite difficult for him, since he doesn´t know, what to give) and of course for his "stora kärlek Victoria" (= big love Victoria).
They claim that Danne has bought among other things gym clothes. And they say Daniel & Victoria will give each other their gifts today, but they won´t open them before Christmas eve (which they spend with their families) and after they are opened they will call each other to wish merry Christmas.
So to buy lingerie would be indeed an bad idea ;) , there surely the gym clothes are better.

Article:
Här köper Daniel klapp till Victoria - Nyheter - Expressen.se - Sveriges bästa nyhetssajt!

This was my last entry before Christmas.
I wish you all a merry Christmas!!

Last edited by a moderator:
that's so boring, gym clothes.

However another thought ... they have planned a private session (/photo shoot) of how gym equipment "should really be used". ;)

hrhcp said:
that's so boring, gym clothes.

However another thought ... they have planned a private session (/photo shoot) of how gym equipment "should really be used". ;)
Sure Private pics Vicky. How much would aftonbladet/expressen pay for them? I do not think that Vicky is a Ms Hilton! :mad::mad:

I would really resent it if my boyfriend of 3+ years bought me gym clothes for Christmas -- even if I was an avid gym goer, there are better gifts to give someone you love.

After 3+ years Daniel should really know Victoria better by now to get her something a bit better. I am not saying he needs to get her something romantic, but something that says a bit more about Victoria as a person or them as a couple.

Gym clothes! If I unwrapped such a present from my boyfriend I'd give it back to him!

Now there's a thought .... Victoria gets a sweat shirt with a pic of Daniel hot-ironed on it.

Alexandria said:
I would really resent it if my boyfriend of 3+ years bought me gym clothes for Christmas -- even if I was an avid gym goer, there are better gifts to give someone you love.

Gym clothes! If I unwrapped such a present from my boyfriend I'd give it back to him!
You would prefer a Freddie Ljungberg/Carl Philip calendar instead! :)

I agree with Alexandria. It is often difficult to shop for wealthy individuals who probably have everything they need or want. Under such circumstances sentimental gifts are option, like a beautiful collage or a special heart-shaped necklace...etc. Not gym clothes, I am sure the Crown Princess has plenty of those. ;)

Alisa said:
Not gym clothes, I am sure the Crown Princess has plenty of those. ;)
Well maybe gym clothes that look like the ones she had when they met for the first time :D

Alisa said:
I agree with Alexandria. It is often difficult to shop for wealthy individuals who probably have everything they need or want. Under such circumstances sentimental gifts are option, like a beautiful collage or a special heart-shaped necklace...etc. Not gym clothes, I am sure the Crown Princess has plenty of those. ;)
Hmm ... I wonder why it is that the males responding in this thread keep supporting the idea of gym clothes as a gift when now two females have vetoed the idea as being bad and unromantic. Is it perhaps that some of you have given your significant others gym clothes for Christmas in the past and present? ;)

I am with Alisa on the sentimental gift idea. In the case of Victoria and Daniel, he need not break the bank to get her a gift. It can be something inexpensive but that has meaning for the two of them.

A friend of mine loves butterflies and has an assortment of things with butterflies on them. When she and her (now) husband were first dating, his first Christmas present to her was a 500 piece puzzle that he put together and framed. That cost him at best $15 but my friend loved the gift and the puzzle has moved with them to each of their homes all these years later.

Alexandria said:
Hmm ... I wonder why it is that the males responding in this thread keep supporting the idea of gym clothes as a gift when now two females have vetoed the idea as being bad and unromantic. Is it perhaps that some of you have given your significant others gym clothes for Christmas in the past and present? ;)
O, no. I agree. Gym clothes are not a good idea. It is indeed unromantic. Make a tape of favorite songs at least. So many more romantic things than gym clothes. And it doesn´t have to cost a lot. Think with the heart and not with the head. So that´s one male who thinks it is bad and unromantic.

Last edited:
Alexandria said:
Hmm ... I wonder why it is that the males responding in this thread keep supporting the idea of gym clothes as a gift when now two females have vetoed the idea as being bad and unromantic.
Too bad that humour has no place.

Is it perhaps that some of you have given your significant others gym clothes for Christmas in the past and present?
yeah, sure !

has meaning for the two of them.
in a way .... that is the significance of gym clothes. ;)

500 piece puzzle
why is it that puzzles don't fly as a present ?

Well the big question is: What else would you donate to Victoria?
Regarding the case
1. she is much richer than you.
2. Can buy everything she wants or
3. would get it for free anyway

As artwork, books, lingerie, parfume, rings, jewelery etc are a total taboo excepte she would get an marriage proprosal at the same time.
Maybe his present was the invitation to Hogbö ?

Well I would donate something to Vicky which she likes, or I think she would like or something really useful.
A kitchen set would be a bad idea. But Gymn clothes arent the worst I think. But if she likes lets say glass i would donate a nice glass painting to her...
Actually you should buy the correct size with clothes or lingery. otherwise you get into troubles....
So its still tricky. But if Daniel knows the correct size he really proves that he knows her. The wrong size gets every girl mad. Thats my state of knowledge.

Yes I know from real life experiment...

Last edited:
jean jacket wearing prince?

as i was reading the post & looking at pics of victoria and daniel. i wonder if i am the only one thinking that he doesnt look like a suite wearing man. can u picture him wearing a crown,jean jacket,jeans and biker boots while victoria is wearing a crown, ball gown? or am i weird?

Last edited:
semisquare said:
as i was reading the post & looking at pics of victoria and daniel. i wonder if i am the only one thinking that he doesnt look like a suite wearing man. can u picture him wearing a crown,jean jacket,jeans and biker boots while victoria is wearing a crown, ball gown? or am i weird?
Hadn't ever thought of this before, but I do think you make a good point. Hard to envision Daniel in a suit -- I think I've only ever seen him in a tux for a wedding of a friend Victoria and Daniel attended together.

Some guys you can at least picture in a suit even if they normally don't wear one, but you know that they'll cut quite the dashing figure once out of their jeans. Daniel, I just don't see that "wearable" quality.

And as a potential prince and consort to the Queen of Sweden, he'll be expected to wear a lot of suits.

All in all, Daniel is not adding up to much "royal mateiral" for me ...

Alexandria said:
seen him in a tux for a wedding of a friend Victoria and Daniel attended together.
I beg to differ ... he looked pretty smart in his tux at that wedding.

PLUS .... he had the "look" of one at home in such a setting, which was surprising.

More pictures of Daniel storing Christmas-gifts in his trunk (brunopress). BTW you had an very interesting discussion on "gym clothes for Christmas or not" :D
I´m also for not. I hope this wasn´t the only present. Or maybe only his sister has gotten gym clothes.

Attachments

• xs1.jpg
    xs1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 721
  • xs2.jpg
    xs2.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 593
  • xs3.jpg
    xs3.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,647
  • xs4.jpg
    xs4.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 542
Lena said:
Or maybe only his sister has gotten gym clothes.
But maybe he was clever enough to ask what Vicky might like and just asked her. And she said gym clothes would be nice. And Voila she got some...

Thats the best solution

i think they both should wear big jeans so they can both sport a sag with over size shirts worn backwards;) ...just kiddin
if daniel were to ask victoria to marry him would he be a prince?

semisquare said:
if daniel were to ask victoria to marry him would he be a prince?
We don't know yet - it is up to the King to decide, when/if the day comes.

A pic from the Gyllene tider-concert in summer:

Attachments

• westling1.jpg
    westling1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 2,364
Lena said:
A pic from the Gyllene tider-concert in summer:
haha that´s some very interesting moves :)

Very regal - The future Queen and Prince Consort:rolleyes: I dont quite see it, I think Daniel need to make some more white tie appearances soon:D

Larzen said:
Very regal - The future Queen and Prince Consort:rolleyes: I dont quite see it, I think Daniel need to make some more white tie appearances soon:D
:D Wonder if there would be a big makeover the night before the (possible) engagement (like in earlier times before Sunday school)...both would be scrubbed from the top to the toes...Daniel gets shaved, his "Hockey star 1984"-hairstyle would be changed to an appropriate one, he would get a closet filled with dozens of dark suits, Victoria´s hair will be cut, and all the pants and sleeveless tops will be taken out of her closet...then a big bonfire will take place in the court of Drottningholm...ETW would give a solemn speech, she would adress her old protégé and her new protégé and would say "Now you aren´t anymore the girlfriend of the gym trainer, but you are a mature Royal with a prince consort on your side"...then all would watch how all the ugly jeans, gym clothes, trucker caps, T-shirts, gala-pants...become smoke and ashes. And in the light of the warm fire, one, who would look closely/exactly at him, would see, that a tear runs down Daniel´s cheek-a last goodbye to his old life ;) ;)

Yennie said:
haha that´s some very interesting moves :)
Why is it a interesting move? I would say the only interesting for me is. That Vicky somehow behaves like a servant for me. And that Daniel seems to be away e.g. not realizing that she is present...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom