The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 12:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Interesting music tastes the future Queen of Sweden has -- from Britney (very pop-girly music) to Destiny's Child (R&B aren't they?). Victoria and I could never share an iPod! I am more rocker girl than girl band myself. Maybe one day Victoria will go to a Coldplay concert!
I like a few classic rock songs, but over all i'm more of an R&B/Soul kind of girl.

The one thing that Britney and DC3 (a moniker for Destiny's Child) concerts have over most rock bands is that when you attend their concerts you get a big production. There are cool elaborate sets, props and visual effects (like the waterfalls Victoria was talking about). One truly gets entertained.:)

Old 05-18-2005, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Interesting music tastes the future Queen of Sweden has -- from Britney (very pop-girly music) to Destiny's Child (R&B aren't they?). Victoria and I could never share an iPod! I am more rocker girl than girl band myself. Maybe one day Victoria will go to a Coldplay concert!
But you could share it with me (Lena-the rock lover)! I guess when we would sit in a plane next to each other, I would take you away the one part of your earphones

Quote:
The one thing that Britney and DC3 (a moniker for Destiny's Child) concerts have over most rock bands is that when you attend their concerts you get a big production. There are cool elaborate sets, props and visual effects (like the waterfalls Victoria was talking about). One truly gets entertained.:)
I can see that with the show, Alisa...but I have to admit, that RnB is pure horror for me. Once I lived together with a girl and she used to listen to such stuff the whole day...this year my ears grew together with the earphones of my disc man (yes, this was back then, when Mp3 players were something exotic...I´m getting old!). But I´ve now educated myself and checked what songs destiny´s child had on their albums. I rememberd "survivor"...this one was ok.

Quote:
What was with the dress code?! Victoria went totally casual in jeans and Daniel went in a suit? Surely his must've been the first suit ever worn to a Destiny's Child concert!
Looking at the pic, Victoria wasn´t dressed totally casual. And I guess it´s not completely unusual for some ppl to attend such concerts in a suit (then without a tie...and what I´ve seen, he didn´t wear one). And generally it´s MUCH better, than his style for the Britney Spears concert. The caps are finally gone...and also the tight light blue jeans seem to enjoy a "time out" in Daniels closet. I though wonder, what Carl Philip wore.
BTW since when are Daniel and Victoria leaving together in a limousine? Haven´t we seen in the pics from the Britney Spears concert, that they said goodbye to each other after the show?

Quote:
Victoria seems like a pop music junkie. First the Spice Girls, then Robyn (who I liked back then), then Britney Spears, now Destiny's Child.
I also want to add a Stones concert in summer 2003...this straightens this bad "impression" a bit out

Quote:
It's also that Carl Phillip and Madeleine attended, but where were there dates
Good question. The article said, that Madeleine appeared firstly with friends. One should mean, they would mention Jonas...and Emma too. Maybe Jonas and Emma don´t share the love for RnB.
Like Alexandria I wonder, who had the idea to go this concert...who bought the tickets and who suggested to attend it? Maybe the Royal siblings just wanted to do something together again.

Old 05-19-2005, 04:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
RnB is pure horror for me
Right on Lena! I couldn't agree more. No offence to anyone, but I couldn't stand going to a DC concert. I am more of a rock/metal fan myself, so I would feel a little uncomfortable being there. I actually think a 'production' of sorts would detract from the whole musical experience (unless of course it's a Flaming Lips concert; that is a completely different story :p). Like with the Britney concert, I don't know why Daniel went along, but I hope they both enjoyed it.

Old 05-19-2005, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
Right on Lena! I couldn't agree more. No offence to anyone, but I couldn't stand going to a DC concert. I am more of a rock/metal fan myself, so I would feel a little uncomfortable being there. I actually think a 'production' of sorts would detract from the whole musical experience (unless of course it's a Flaming Lips concert; that is a completely different story :p). Like with the Britney concert, I don't know why Daniel went along, but I hope they both enjoyed it.
We three (Danielle, Alexandria and me) could make a rock band

Here is an article from kändisnytt:
http://www.kandisnytt.com/page.php?news=345

It says practically the same like the article from Expressen. Two additional mentionable details:
Emma was there...she came shortly after Carl Philip (so they probably didn´t arrive together)
And Daniel was in his best mood and said, when he arrived "Hello, all is fine". Then he went through the VIP door of the stadium.

To the article is added, that they can´t publish the pics until the big newspapers/magazines have published them...but they will publish them later on the page. So far there´s only one pic of Victoria
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2005, 02:43 PM
Courtier

So Daniel adopts a more royal dress code? Hmm... Maybe we can interpret this as a sign. From homless man style to dress men style is quite a development :)
Old 05-20-2005, 12:25 PM
Courtier

Don't you agree Lena?
Old 05-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer2002de
Don't you agree Lena?
I agree in both...his style is more elegant and it could be a sign. In fact there were many signs...arriving together in a limousine, talking to journalists, his new style etc. pp. Yes, I think (again), they will marry next year.
Today I´ve seen pics from the meeting with Daniel Collert in February, which I haven´t seen before. And I must say (again) I can not understand, why she has chosen this bozo (as Dennis would say) and not Daniel Collert.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Courtier

So Dennism will maybe get dissapointed :( And why shouldn't DC want to marry a Queen to be if he likes/loves her?
Old 05-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, that´s the point. When this queen-to-be-thing was really the reason for the second breakup, then one has to assume, that their love wasn´t strong enough.
I just can hope it was something like this. It could be worse: e.g. that he´s more than ever in love with her and wants her back...and that she would want him too, but takes rather that, what is "safer". At least that was it, what the pics from February have shown me. Well, pics are hard to judge. And maybe I´m just not used to couples, who stay friends (for me the sentence "let´s stay friends" just sounds lousy)
Then again, I can also see, what ppl mean, when they say, that Victoria and Daniel W. seem to share more (view on life etc.)
Old 05-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Little update to the "Royal couple & Ockelbo"-discussion....according to Gefle Dagblad the Royal couple has visited Ockelbo in August 1987 (I wonder if 13 year old Danne has paid any attention) in line of trips of the so called "Eriksgatan" (in the old times this was a route a new elected king had to ride to meet chief judges in other areas of Sweden and to promise them to respect the laws of the county...in modern times with "Eriksgatan" is meant, when Monarchs visit(ed) different counties/cities in Sweden to get to know the ppl and vice versa)
The newspaper has even a photo of evidence:
The Royal couple visiting a factory for scooters:

http://www.gd.se/Article.jsp?article=56198

Quote:
which seems to be the only known thing in the town.
I can hear now Dennis saying: "Of course they have forgotten it...Ockelbo has nothing interesting to offer..."
Old 05-25-2005, 06:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Can anyone tell me, what Se&Hör means with this mysterious happy message/letter from the court? I know it´s Se&Hör, which writes in 99% of all cases trash, but I´m (you know me ) though curious.
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2005, 10:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Can anyone tell me, what Se&Hör means with this mysterious happy message/letter from the court? I know it´s Se&Hör, which writes in 99% of all cases trash, but I´m (you know me ) though curious.
The article says Daniel got an invitation to Victorias birthday party on July 14th. He no more has to "hide" at Solliden and this means, acoording to Se & Hör, that Daniel now is accepted by the royal family.
There´s romours that Daniel will be "presented officially" and this has made that the international papers are interested and will cover Victorias birthday more that usual.

"The only thing I can say, is that this years celebration will be very special", says Kay Wiestål.
But he doen´t want to comment on if there will be an engagement announcement aswell...
Old 05-25-2005, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
The article says Daniel got an invitation to Victorias birthday party on July 14th. He no more has to "hide" at Solliden and this means, acoording to Se & Hör, that Daniel now is accepted by the royal family.
There´s romours that Daniel will be "presented officially" and this has made that the international papers are interested and will cover Victorias birthday more that usual.

"The only thing I can say, is that this years celebration will be very special", says Kay Wiestål.
But he doen´t want to comment on if there will be an engagement announcement aswell...
Thank you, Yennie for the fast answer. You are a darling
It would be great, when he would be present. Finally we could see him "in motion". Maybe reporters would even ask him questions. After 2 years of speculations on TRF on him, I finally want to see more than pics of an angry looking man with trucker caps.
But I fear, that this fast shoot of the media was a shoot into nothingness.
Maybe he has really the intention to come, but when this would turn out to be a media agitation, it could be, that he would change his plans in the last minute.
The media should better keep mum and should enjoy the pictures and videos on the 14th. Surely better for the sales figures...

Quote:
And a compliment from D-flex about this, well I wouldn't call that flattering - that man is a muscle mountain personified.
True. But when I should choose between D-flex and (also buff) Danne in a cleaning rag of my mum, then I would take D-flex http://www.elle.se/dd-skonhet_halsa/...erblades.shtml He looks more charming.
But you are right. Such a compliment from a buff personal trainer to a princess is a bit weird.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:51 PM
Courtier

Who the hell is Kai Wiestal? And what do you mean by pumped up? Did Vicky take drugs to gain muscles?
Old 05-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Who the hell is Kai Wiestal? And what do you mean by pumped up? Did Vicky take drugs to gain muscles?
This Mixer...sometimes he is worse than a tabloid journalist. I don´t know, if "pump up" is the correct term. I just talked about the natural way. I don´t think Master Training is a store house for anabolic steroids
Kay Wiestål is the organiser of the birthday show.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Picture from an article (February 2005) about Swedish labels, which give clothes for free to celebs, so that they advertise for them indirectly. It´s said the Swedish label WE (www.we.se) practices this a lot. And it´s said Daniel Westling is a faithful customer of them (if he also gets clothes for free isn´t said)

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...609804,00.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	westlingwe.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	150827  
Old 05-28-2005, 03:13 PM
Courtier

Trucker style is fashionable? Oh my god it seems as I am totally out.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Hehehehe...don´t worry, I would say these days you won´t find trendy companies, which would sell them. And it seems they are also disappeared from Daniels head.
I wonder, what Daniel has in the little white plastic bag. Obviously he´s leaving the WE-store (you can see the sign of the brand in the background). It´s quite small...so I would bet on underwear (Lena´s tacky comment of the day ) Well, maybe he was just in the pharmacy (or something like that) before...
Old 05-28-2005, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Lord, let's hope it isn't.

Quote:
Hehehehe...don´t worry, I would say these days you won´t find trendy companies, which would sell them. And it seems they are also disappeared from Daniels head.
I wonder, what Daniel has in the little white plastic bag. Obviously he´s leaving the WE-store (you can see the sign of the brand in the background). It´s quite small...so I would bet on underwear (Lena´s tacky comment of the day ) Well, maybe he was just in the pharmacy (or something like that) before...
Hahaha. :) It probably is underwear, or a hat, or maybe its underwear for Victoria. Haha.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle

Hahaha. :) It probably is underwear, or a hat, or maybe its underwear for Victoria. Haha.
Hahahaha...here we go again. The old "should men buy underwear for their girlfriends"-discussion
I would say no...and after looking at the WE-underwear for girls I would say "NO!!!" http://www.we.se/weclothes_show.cfm?...es%20underwear

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess victoria, current events, daniel westling, relationships