Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, Current Events Part 2: Dec 2004 - July 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully she is choosing the right guy, not just the guy she loves, but the one that is capable to support her as a wife and queen. It is not easy for a man to have second places after their wives, so hopefully he will be better prepared than others who couldn't succeed as a consort. (ex. Denmark's queen's husband)

Victoria and Daniel are on a round trip in the USA. They will celebrate midsummer there tonight (hopefully a guy with a camera will celebrate there as well ;) )
According to Expressen speculations about an engagement of Daniel and Victoria are running wild in Victoria´s circle of friends (and/or acquaintances?). Many expect that they will get engaged in the US...

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=305649

Last edited:
German article on the one from Expressen today:

Kronprinzessin Victoria "superheimlich" in den USA
Die schwedische Kronprinzessin Victoria (27) ist mit ihrem festen Freund Daniel Westling (31) in die Sommerferien in die USA gereist. Das Stockholmer Boulevardblatt "Expressen" berichtete am Freitag über die "superheimliche Liebesreise" des Paares.

Und fügte neue Spekulationen über eine angeblich dabei geplante Verlobung der Thronfolgerin mit ihrem ehemaligen Fitnesstrainer hinzu. Auch diese solle allerdings streng geheim gehalten werden und sei reine Privatangelegenheit, will die Zeitung aus "sehr gut unterrichteten Kreisen um die Königsfamilie" erfahren haben. Der Stockholmer Hof verweigerte wie üblich jeden Kommentar zu solchen Gerüchten, die gerade in der nachrichtenarmen Sommerzeit besonders üppig blühen.

http://www.aon.at/jet2web/FE/LayoutTemplates/FE_Layout/0,4972,3463-1-575263-0,00.html

Kiwian said:
Thanks for the information Lena! A little off topic here, but are there many places that sell hawaiian shirts over in Europe and are Luau parties quite popular over there?

Nope, you can´t find many hawaiian shirts in the shops. But I think they had a revival some years ago. Also Luau parties were quite popular some years (in the 90ties) ago, so guys should still have such shirts in their closets, and when not them, then at least their fathers.
IMO Hawaii parties are (were) so beaten, that one can expect, that they will get modern again soon.

I think I must have missed this thread for a couple of day. :(
Lena said:
Victoria and Daniel are on a round trip in the USA. They will celebrate midsummer there tonight (hopefully a guy with a camera will celebrate there as well ;) )
According to Expressen speculations about an engagement of Daniel and Victoria are running wild in Victoria´s circle of friends (and/or acquaintances?). Many expect that they will get engaged in the US...

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=305649
Ah, you just want more of those "wild" hotel photos (?? was it a hotel lobby they were in? The photos of Victoria and her Daniel in an [awkward] embrace?). ha ha ha. :D

Hmm, I could say many things about that Hawaiian shirt (*shudders*) but at least he's enjoying himself. I think my dad has a few of those shirts. :eek:

Yennie said:
On midsummers eve Victoria and Daniel went to see "Mr& Mrs Smith at a cinema in San Fransisco

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,664933,00.html
I don't know about anyone else, but if you go to a foreign country, wouldn't it be better to experience the local 'culture' (yes, I know that the US isn't as different as other countries, but it still it's still different to Sweden) instead of going to the movies (something which you can do at any time)? And anyway, I hear San Francisco is a very beautiful city (a sister-city to Sydney) so there would heaps of nice things to do. Well, I should be grateful it wasn't some concert. ;)

Danielle said:
I don't know about anyone else, but if you go to a foreign country, wouldn't it be better to experience the local 'culture' (yes, I know that the US isn't as different as other countries, but it still it's still different to Sweden) instead of going to the movies (something which you can do at any time)? And anyway, I hear San Francisco is a very beautiful city (a sister-city to Sydney) so there would heaps of nice things to do. Well, I should be grateful it wasn't some concert. ;)

I agree. These days american movies are coming (to be faster then the internet pirates) so fast to Europe, that it really doesn´t make much sense to watch a movie during a holiday in the US. But maybe they needed a break of all the sight-seeing and have choosen some snuggling time in the cinema.
I wonder, how Daniel and Victoria noticed, that Au-pair Maria (the swedish girl in the next row, who had a talk to Aftonbladet) is Swedish. According to her, they acted then much more "low-key"...obviously rightly. Maria, you tattletale- thanks for telling ;)

I wonder, how Daniel and Victoria noticed, that Au-pair Maria (the swedish girl in the next row, who had a talk to Aftonbladet) is Swedish.
perhaps she spoke swedish with someone? I´m sure there are many swedish au-pairs in SF...

I live in the San Francisco region my entire life, and there's planty of things to do in the city! Granted, it's not a city like New York City where the restaurants and clubs are open later, but I've never had a problem deciding what there is to do. I agree that the movies are just movies and it's sooo expensive to see one, especially on a date. I believe that last time I went and saw a movie, it was $10 USD a ticket and for 2 medium drinks and one popcorn, it was $14 dollars. I just started to imagine what it would be like to bring a big family to the movies. :eek:

One defense for Victoria and Daniel, perhaps they were tired from sight seeing or walking up and down the hills of San Francisco and needed a break.:confused:

Also, in SF, always be prepared for the unexpected, so it is not that unlikely to find a swedish au-pair. Also, it seems to me that most of the tourists are from European descent too. The economy must be pretty good over there!:cool:

Lena said:
I agree. These days american movies are coming (to be faster then the internet pirates) so fast to Europe, that it really doesn´t make much sense to watch a movie during a holiday in the US. But maybe they needed a break of all the sight-seeing and have choosen some snuggling time in the cinema.
I wonder, how Daniel and Victoria noticed, that Au-pair Maria (the swedish girl in the next row, who had a talk to Aftonbladet) is Swedish. According to her, they acted then much more "low-key"...obviously rightly. Maria, you tattletale- thanks for telling ;)
Yes, pirated movies and CDs are everywhere so it's a waste. Snuggling time in the cinema, eh? I've heard some terrible stories about people being traumatised by such events, but we shall leave it at that. ;) Terrible tattletale Maria. Tsk tsk tsk. But that's good for us stalkers ... I mean, fans. :)
Kiwian said:
I live in the San Francisco region my entire life, and there's planty of things to do in the city! Granted, it's not a city like New York City where the restaurants and clubs are open later, but I've never had a problem deciding what there is to do. I agree that the movies are just movies and it's sooo expensive to see one, especially on a date. I believe that last time I went and saw a movie, it was $10 USD a ticket and for 2 medium drinks and one popcorn, it was $14 dollars. I just started to imagine what it would be like to bring a big family to the movies. :eek:

One defense for Victoria and Daniel, perhaps they were tired from sight seeing or walking up and down the hills of San Francisco and needed a break.:confused:

Also, in SF, always be prepared for the unexpected, so it is not that unlikely to find a swedish au-pair. Also, it seems to me that most of the tourists are from European descent too. The economy must be pretty good over there!:cool:
I just converted $10USD to Australian dollars. Based on our strong economy :)rolleyes: ) it would be about $13 which is around the same price. I guess it doesn't matter where you live, the cinema people will always rip you off. Well, I save a few bucks on the popcorn. I don't buy it so I don't choke in the movie. :D (true story!) But I bought a bottle of water the other day, at the cinemas, for $3.70 or something. (That's about $2.84 USD based on today's conversion rates) That is criminal. I can go to the shops and buy the same bottle of Mt. Franklin water for $1.20 at the most. And you are right, Kiwian; I know a lot of large families and it's just too expensive for them all to go.

I ca imagine all the hills would get tiring. I have a phobia of going up steep hills in a vehicle (like a roller-coaster, bus, car) and I think I would start randomly screaming and jump out of the car over there. :( Anyway, maybe they did indeed get tired and wanted to sit down somewhere quiet where no one would stare if they feel asleep. Another thing I was thinking of; when does "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" come out in Sweden? Maybe they really wanted to see it and couldn't wait until it came out over there.

Oioioioi, Dr. Lena Freud diagnoses a snuggling-choking-cinema-trauma for Danielle. :D Or was this "hint" on snuggling in cinemas not autobiographically? ;)
Mr & Mrs Smith was released on the 10th of June in Sweden (Austria & Germany with its dubbing-madness won´t release it before the 21st of July :mad: Not, that I want to watch it...but that we always have to wait is annoying. No surprise that ppl download here things)...so this theory doesn´t work. But maybe they both care less for sightseeing, but more for being private and relaxing (?) Victoria was officially in SF before and one can expect, that they would go there again in their time as married couple (for the case they marry). So there´s still time to experience the city as "tourist" (well, you know, they are in every case tourists. But IMO one always feels more as tourist, when one visits the typical tourist places...)

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me in which connection this picture of Daniel was made?
http://www.ritva.com/_private/tid4321e.jpg

I wouldn´t mind, when Daniel would wear another tie. Black-this has something of a mortician (yes, I know the older guy in the pic wears a black tie too, but who knows, who this guy is...maybe this is a pic of successful business (wo)men...and the man is in it, because his businesses "Master funeral I" and "Master funeral II" are a success ;) )

Last edited:
I think its an "official" photo from MasterTraining, made and released in connection with MasterTranings reorganisation of the board

Yennie said:
I think its an "official" photo from MasterTraining, made and released in connection with MasterTranings reorganisation of the board

How is it reorganised? Is Daniel finally leaving? And why is Daniels companion Benny not in the pic?

I have no idea Lena :)
But I´ll read the whole article tomorrow and see if I can find out more!

I just read an interesting thing about MasterTraining. It was i an article about the teacher at Daniels old school who "made it happend", when the school paper got the first interview with Daniel. They won a prize for the article and wanted to thank Daniel personally.
He said this about MasterTraning:

After we had recieved the award in Stockholm, we went to Regeringsgatan (the location of the gym) to give flowers and say thanks to Daniel. But even though we knew the adress of the gym we couldn´t find it.
You couldn´t see where it was. We asked someone and was told that you have to go inside a gate and take the elevator two floors up.
It was all very secret, it makes you wonder which "normal people", like Daniel said, who goes there.
We rang on the phone by the door, but no one opened. Apparently you have to phone a special number to get in...

Yennie said:
I have no idea Lena :)
But I´ll read the whole article tomorrow and see if I can find out more!

I just read an interesting thing about MasterTraining. It was i an article about the teacher at Daniels old school who "made it happend", when the school paper got the first interview with Daniel. They won a prize for the article and wanted to thank Daniel personally.
He said this about MasterTraning:

After we had recieved the award in Stockholm, we went to Regeringsgatan (the location of the gym) to give flowers and say thanks to Daniel. But even though we knew the adress of the gym we couldn´t find it.
You couldn´t see where it was. We asked someone and was told that you have to go inside a gate and take the elevator two floors up.
It was all very secret, it makes you wonder which "normal people", like Daniel said, who goes there.
We rang on the phone by the door, but no one opened. Apparently you have to phone a special number to get in...

This would be great!
Yes, I´ve heard this before...and like everything in connection with Master Training it annoys me. I hear something new about MT and my first impulse is: annoying. Some ppl say Daniel can never do right. And I guess I´m one of these ppl for whom he never can do right (at least in connection with his business). But I´m no Swede so Daniel can and should care precious little about me...

Lena said:
Oioioioi, Dr. Lena Freud diagnoses a snuggling-choking-cinema-trauma for Danielle. :D Or was this "hint" on snuggling in cinemas not autobiographically? ;)
Mr & Mrs Smith was released on the 10th of June in Sweden (Austria & Germany with its dubbing-madness won´t release it before the 21st of July :mad: Not, that I want to watch it...but that we always have to wait is annoying. No surprise that ppl download here things)...so this theory doesn´t work. But maybe they both care less for sightseeing, but more for being private and relaxing (?) Victoria was officially in SF before and one can expect, that they would go there again in their time as married couple (for the case they marry). So there´s still time to experience the city as "tourist" (well, you know, they are in any case tourists. But IMO one always feels more as tourist, when one visits the typical tourist places...)
No, it wasn't me but a friend. When my friend told me what this (good, Catholic) boy tried to do, I laughed and then felt sick. She went to the movies because she felt sorry for him, not because she liked him, and then he tried to grope her. Maybe that's exaggerating, but it's still not very nice. I would've given him a good slap across the face. Yes Lena, we have the same problem in Australia. All the movies are released months (or weeks) after they've opened in the US. I think dubbing would get annoying. I think it's better to watch the sub-titles ... At least you don't fall asleep. :)

Old picture of Soccer-Danne...I wonder, why he wore a national tricot (?) Wouldn´t a normal Swedish amateur wear the tricot of his team (Ockelbo or a team in Stockholm)?

Last edited:
I´ve thought about an addition to this discussion on Victoria´s statement in Turkey:
How would you have answered the question in Victoria´s case (as crown prince/princess and as girlfriend/boyfriend of a commoner)? So what would you have said in an interview to a journalist asking this question:
For the case you would be forced to choose between the throne and love, what would you choose?

Lena said:
So what would you have said in an interview to a journalist asking this question:
For the case you would be forced to choose between the throne and love, what would you choose?

I don't know what I would personally say but I can imagine what a PR person for the Swedish royal court would want for Victoria to say (and what would for me as a journalist be the most hair-pulling answer -- which is to say that it's a non-answer): I would choose what is best for everyone affected and involved. ;)

Alexandria said:
I don't know what I would personally say but I can imagine what a PR person for the Swedish royal court would want for Victoria to say (and what would for me as a journalist be the most hair-pulling answer -- which is to say that it's a non-answer): I would choose what is best for everyone affected and involved. ;)

What an smart answer :D I guess foreign journalists even wouldn´t ask for more details. With Swedish journalists it could be harder (but usually the "bad guys" don´t get the permission for 1:1 interviews, but have to wait for press conferences)
Maybe you should replace some ladies at the court ;)

Lena said:
Old picture of Soccer-Danne...I wonder, why he wore a national tricot (?) Wouldn´t a normal Swedish amateur wear the tricot of his team (Ockelbo or a team in Stockholm)?

http://img150.echo.cx/my.php?image=sdanne10ui.jpg
When was that? I remember seeing that photo a few years ago... Perhaps it was just a "friendly" game with some friends...
The national tricot can be found in many shops so its very easy to buy one, even if you´re not a professional player

Yennie said:
When was that? I remember seeing that photo a few years ago... Perhaps it was just a "friendly" game with some friends...
The national tricot can be found in many shops so its very easy to buy one, even if you´re not a professional player

Yes, I know, that one can buy them easily (even many imitations...maybe you know these outdoor "markets", typically for tourist resorts, where one can buy tons of fan shirts and cheap plastic toys). But IMO only 11 year old boys with the dream of becoming a soccer star, wear them :p
I´ve also seen the pic years ago (and I don´t know, why I´ve found it today again. Suddenly the page of an online newspaper was open and I could see it. A case for the X files :confused: ;) ) I think it´s from 2001 or 2002. He already had the mullet, so it probably wasn´t made long before the relationship to the crown princess.

A supermean column on Victoria and Daniel (with the title "Victoria, get rid of the farmhand/countryboy") . It´s written as "letter" to Victoria. And I would say only republicans and ppl, who love cynicism enjoy it ;) But I decided to translate a part, because I wonder, why it´s so popular to pick at Daniel??
I´m no innocent angel, I like it too...but maybe my reasons are different to the ones of the press (???)

Du kommer att bli sönderälskad av svenska folket. Proffsig och smart, vacker och varm du kommer att dyrkas.
Men monarkin av i dag är underhållning. Vi vill ha drama. Vi vill ha någon att reta oss på. Vem ska vi reta oss på? Dina syskon tycks vara lika stötsäkra som du. Daniel är den uppenbara hackkycklingen och syndabocken.
Ja, om något går fel, då kommer vi att anse att det är Daniels fel. Och, tro mig, vi kommer att hitta fel. Och vi har all rätt att ha åsikter. Det är, som sagt, vi som betalar.

You will be loved of the Swedish ppl. Being professional and smart, beautiful and warm you will be idolised.
But the monarchy of today is entertainment. We want to have drama. We want one to be irritated about (something). At whom should we pick? Your siblings seem as "unalterable" as you.
Daniel is the obvious "poult to be picked" and a punching bag.
Yes, when something goes wrong, we go and will say, that Daniel has to be blamed for. And, believe me, we will find the faults. And we have the right to have such views. We are those, as I´ve said, who pay.

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=400300

Cissan said:
LOL Yes, I guess I do. I just want to say that my main area of expertise is VAT so please do not take my answers too serious.

I'm sure that more people than me denies that ALL people are wealthy in Sweden ;)

Well, about Master Training. Some of the expenses, like the move and the trip to Majorca, are undoubtedly private expenses unless they had a conference at Majorca or something but it does not seem that way. However, other expenses were expensive gifts to important clients and I think that definitely can be classed as a business expense. However, we have rules about how expensive gifts you can give clients. If you exceed the limits set out in those rules, the gifts can be classed as bribes.

Master Training has to pay a penalty that is 40 percent of the amount that has been "cheated" from the tax authority. (And of course pay the tax they had to pay to start with).

But this is very difficult and it is very subjective if an expense should be considered as made for the business or as a private expense.

Thank you for giving us more insight. Weeellll, I´m sure at this very moment, many Swedes complain about their empty accounts, but generally I would say Sweden is a very wealthy state with a functional social system. It´s e.g. hardly possible to be without health insurance, which is even in some so called rich first world countries a (possible) problem :rolleyes:
So it´s then a bit like a dance on the rope. When you get through with things it´s fine, but when not, then you have to pay the penalty. Knowing this now, I wonder, why so many choose the "unsafe" way because of a few crowns...especially, when they know, that mean hens like me are already waiting to pick :rolleyes: Well, I guess even as unknown person, I wouldn´t try such things like this with the holidays or the move...but then again I try to get in touch with taxes as less as possible and I admire everyone, who is in the know.

Last edited:
New pic of Daniel and Victoria. Both are together with Victoria´s siblings (and their partners) at Solliden/Öland.
As you can see Victoria and Daniel were photographed during a walk. The article says, that Madeleine was spotted horseback riding and a glad CP waved to the photographers and passers-by during a jogging tour.
Expressen added, that it´s said, that it could be, that Daniel will attend the birthday show (the old story...we will see)

Expressen talks about pictureS...so probably there are more in the paper edition. May the nag ask, if someone could steal daddy´s (or hubby´s) Expressen and could scan them for us? :) ;)

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=402020

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 2,114
Last edited:
Thanks for the photo. Wow, I love Daniel's pink shirt. Very nice. I should be grateful though that he's following the sun-safe rules and is wearing a hat. Too bad Victoria isn't. Tsk tsk tsk. She's setting bad example for young Swedes. ;) I'm sorry to go off topic, but is that long grass stuff itchy like it is here? If it is, I wouldn't be wearing shorts. You get a horrid rash and it makes your face feel funny (or is that just me? :confused: ). And do you know what that wooden structure is in the background? Well, I think the photo is very sweet, and it's a shame there aren't more of them.

How is it possible that the intired swedish press knows that Daniel and Victoria is in USA and not one singel picture:confused: The Swedish press needs to come over to Norway and learn some tricks, I dont think Haakon and Mette-Marit or Harald or Sonja can be anywhere on vacation without Se og Hør getting the pictures. Frederik and Mary also seem to have problem hiding on vacation. I guess Daniel and Victoria should be thankful that their press is lazy.

Now who thinks Daniel will be at the birthday? I dont think he will be there for the show (which to my not swedish ears does not seem like a big loss;) ) but he will be there for the party afterwords.

And do you know what that wooden structure is in the background? Well, I think the photo is very sweet, and it's a shame there aren't more of them
it could be one of the gates on Allvaret, close to Solliden. I´m not sure but I think I saw one just like the one on the picture when I was there.
I think its to keep the cows away. When we parked our car on "Alvaret" and then left for Solliden, it was sorrounded by cows when we got back. But they were very well-behaved and didn´t harmed the car at all :)

edit: I´ll buy the magazines today and see if there´s any more photos in the paper editions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom