The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
There isn't any official story about where it came from? Was it given by Daniel W. or was it bought by Victoria?
Its suspected that this is Daniels christmas gift for Viktoria..

Old 03-01-2005, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Finally a new pic of Daniel and Victoria. So they are together and spend time in Daniel´s apartment (the swedish press is only lazy)
The upper pic was made in front of Daniel´s apartment. The lower pic is of Victoria (and Daniel?) going to the restaurant Beluga (I admit, that you can´t recognise anything but I hope with the upper picture it´s a bit better)

The article to the pictures is explosive...but caution: german tabloid! (they are getting better and refer now always to swedish tabloids...but still: discretion is the better part of valor):

-Daniel and Victoria went lately (according to an information from Aftonbladet) to the restaurant Beluga. Then they spent a night together in Drottningholm (The queen and king were in Thailand then)

-A while ago Victoria and Daniel spent their holidays in Verbier (skiing...weren´t Mary and Frederik also there lately?)

-According to an information from Svensk dam Tidning high ranked officers have already plans for a Royal wedding in their drawers.

Old 03-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
A while ago Victoria and Daniel spent their holidays in Verbier (skiing...weren´t Mary and Frederik also there lately?)
In this weeks Svensk Damtidning, Ann Christine of the royal court, denies this and says that Victoria went to Verbier with some girlfriends. Not Daniel

thank you very much for postin the pic from Milan. The swedish press hasn´t written anything about the visit. Nice to see a new pic... they look very stylish :)
Old 03-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
In this weeks Svensk Damtidning, Ann Christine of the royal court, denies this and says that Victoria went to Verbier with some girlfriends. Not Daniel
So according to ACJ Victoria went to Verbier with friends?? (thanks for the info) and we know, that Daniel Westling went with Victoria to a fashion show in Milan.
Now the pigs are really flying! Shouldn´t we assume, Daniel would prefer skiing??

Quote:
thank you very much for postin the pic from Milan. :)
You are welcome :)
Old 03-17-2005, 08:16 AM
Heir Apparent

If one looks thoroughly at the pics from Australia today, we can see that even Danne has been squeezed in at a corner of this trip - namely at the self-made poster that one of the children from the Swedish school in Sydney had with her to the meeting with Crown Princess Victoria at the Sheraton on Park hotel...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Victoria27.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	111584  
Old 03-19-2005, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Daniel won´t participate in the Ulvsunda-project (anymore?)...see here our earlier discussion on it:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...4&page=3&pp=20

According to Svensk dam Tidning he wants to focus on other things. So I guess Daniel´s companion Benny is doing it alone (well, maybe this was his intention from the beginning...don´t know) I´m sure the ppl, who have bought this week´s issue know more details.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

perhaps this has been posted before, but its such a cute picture so one cant see it to many times :)

Daniel hugs Victoria before leaving a Britney Spears convert in may 2004
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2005, 12:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
perhaps this has been posted before, but its such a cute picture so one cant see it to many times :)

Daniel hugs Victoria before leaving a Britney Spears convert in may 2004
The pic was posted exactly 10 posts ago then followed posts saying in the majority, that there seems to be no magic between Daniel and Victoria. Esp. not from stiff Daniel´s side
But good, that you have told us your opinion. The world also needs a pro-Westling-movement
Old 04-24-2005, 12:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry, maybe I hadn't noticed this before, but did they go and see Britney Spears? I'm sure I've heard it before, but how come I didn't respond? If that was their 'date', then they are in serious trouble. I don't know how romantic a Britney Spears concert would be, and I am a little worried that Daniel decided to go along. :S Yes, their body language suggests that Victoria is more open, whereas Daniel is a little more closed with his affections. Daniel looks like he's hugging his sister or mother, not his girlfriend.

Old 04-24-2005, 01:02 AM
Heir Apparent

They did attend the concert in May 2004...shortly before you joined the community and shortly before Mary and Frederik´s wedding. So the pics are one year old and since then we have hardly seen similar pics...neither from a Christina Aguilera concert or a concert, of this tedious sister of Jessica Simpson (well, maybe they just weren´t in Stockholm ) nor as "affectionate" (yes, the hug was lousy and indeed like the hug between relatives, but at least it was a hug)
Here is the link the the old discussion:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...britney+spears
and the link to an earlier posted pic from the concert
http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/...a82/Danny2.jpg
Old 05-12-2005, 06:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Hej La La
Hadn´t you an avatar with a comic character wearing glasses like Victoria for a while? Or do I mix you up with someone else?
WOW, you must have a memory like an elephant. Yes, it was me. The avatar was a courtesy of lunarstorm.se
Old 05-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think it's strange at all that the King and Queen haven't been in Ockelbo, or haven't met the Westling's (but maybe they have, how could we know). If they would meet the Westling's so that people would notice it, it would send a signal that something is happening - and I don't think they want that. Of course when/if an engagment would come, then it would be natural for the two families to meet openly.

Ockelbo is a very small little place which has been quite unknown for a long time, it was not until this "park" that the Queen mentions that Ockelbo's name came on the map (so to speak) for people in the bigger regions. The "park" that the Queen mentions is Wij Trädgårdar (Wij Gardens), which has been created by one of Sweden's best gardeners (who has also been on tv a lot), Lars Krantz, the one who also started Rosendals Trädgårdar (Rosendals Garden's) in Stockholm and which immediately became a success and a really trendy place. He wanted a change and found a place in Ockelbo which he wanted to create into something big, and today it is a very successful garden and tourist attraction.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess

Ockelbo is a very small little place which has been quite unknown for a long time, it was not until this "park" that the Queen mentions that Ockelbo's name came on the map (so to speak) for people in the bigger regions. The "park" that the Queen mentions is Wij Trädgårdar (Wij Gardens), which has been created by one of Sweden's best gardeners (who has also been on tv a lot), Lars Krantz, the one who also started Rosendals Trädgårdar (Rosendals Garden's) in Stockholm and which immediately became a success and a really trendy place. He wanted a change and found a place in Ockelbo which he wanted to create into something big, and today it is a very successful garden and tourist attraction.
Thank you for the explanation, GrandDuchess. I´ve heard of Wij Trädgårdar , but didn´t know, that it can be seen as park.
Such a project in the boonies...my brother would say "how vanguard"

Little side note: This Lars Krantz looks nice, but hasn´t this soft Jesus-look, which Erik Blomquist has
Old 05-17-2005, 11:59 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
The King´s answer was no doubt to deflect attention. Besides, as king, if he had said, "No, never been there. What´s there?" He would have caused an uproar and not least of all at the tourist bureau of Gästrikland province. The queen´s reply was to add to her husband´s negative response but to say in a way "Maybe we should. They have a nice park there so I´ve heard" or "I´ve been there and to their nice park(which seems to be the only known thing in the town. Thus, the queen was promoting the town. But the King and Queen understood the subtext behind the reporter´s question. The "why" they would go to this very small town compared to the thousands of other places in their beloved country) now mind your own business". ha ha ha. "Stuff it" would probably be the accurate subtext behind the king´s reply especially considering this king and his relationship with the media. Anyway, It seems to be a common practice among really long time couples such as the King and Queen. I´ve noticed it with my parents. My father will give such an answer like the king, curt and so forth but then my mother would add extra to endear herself or to connect with the one who asked the question. In many ways, it´s the stereotype on how men and women communicate. Men communicate to receive or to give information. Women communicate to connect with the other person.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:15 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
But then again, had the king replied "O, yes, Lovely town. Been there dozens of times. Can´t wait to go back." That would have led to more questions and idle speculation(and cheers and smiles at the tourist bureau of Gästrikland province:)).
Old 05-18-2005, 06:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Finally FINALLY news on Daniel and Victoria...and a new picture!
Daniel and Victoria attended yesterday a concert of destiny´s child (I hope not again a reason for Alexandria to spit tea on the computer ... destiny´s child isn´t exactly my favourite group...I even didn´t know, that they are still together...I´ve thought Beyonce-the butt-Knowles does her own thing and has more success with it...well, they are surely better than Britney...I think...not many songs come to my mind)
Prince Carl Philip and princess Madeleine were there as well.
You can´t see it, but the article says, that Vicoria wore jeans and Daniel a suit (wow).
Victoria said about the concert: "It´s always great to go to concerts" and afterwards "this was really great, especially the waterfall in a scene" (wasn´t there a song called "waterfalls"?) And Daniel said practically the same "This was really great"
Prince Carl Philip came in the last minute and took the chance to ask the reporters "Did my sisters go already in?"

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=286556

Hm, though the article says nothing like that, I can strangely see an engagement more possible than a few days/weeks ago.
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2005, 06:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

oh how nice to finally see them together again! But at a Destinys child concert?! I had no idea that the royal sibs were all fans of DC :)
Old 05-18-2005, 06:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
oh how nice to finally see them together again! But at a Destinys child concert?! I had no idea that the royal sibs were all fans of DC :)
thank you Yennie...here we see, that I´ve no clue of all these girlbands (esp. when they sing RnB stuff). I guess I would fail terribly in a quiz show called "american pop music" and when Victoria would participate, she would win.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Finally FINALLY news on Daniel and Victoria...and a new picture!
Daniel and Victoria attended yesterday a concert of destiny´s child (I hope not again a reason for Alexandria to spit tea on the computer
Thankfully I was between sips!

Quote:
... destiny´s child isn´t exactly my favourite group...I even didn´t know, that they are still together...I´ve thought Beyonce-the butt-Knowles does her own thing and has more success with it...well, they are surely better than Britney
Interesting music tastes the future Queen of Sweden has -- from Britney (very pop-girly music) to Destiny's Child (R&B aren't they?). Victoria and I could never share an iPod! I am more rocker girl than girl band myself. Maybe one day Victoria will go to a Coldplay concert!

Quote:
You can´t see it, but the article says, that Vicoria wore jeans and Daniel a suit (wow).
What was with the dress code?! Victoria went totally casual in jeans and Daniel went in a suit? Surely his must've been the first suit ever worn to a Destiny's Child concert!

Interesting these "dates" V & D go on. I don't know what I would think if my boyfriend came home and said "Sweetie, I got us tickets for a Britney Spears/Destiny's Child concert." I would think that he would want to oggle the women more than enjoy the music! (I think this is why one of my friends' requirements for potential boyfriends is that they like the same music as her!)
Old 05-18-2005, 12:31 PM
Royal Highness

It's nice to see the two together. I agree that the two attending a Destiny's Child concert is much better than a Britney concert. It's also that Carl Phillip and Madeleine attended, but where were there dates?

Victoria seems like a pop music junkie. First the Spice Girls, then Robyn (who I liked back then), then Britney Spears, now Destiny's Child.

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess victoria, current events, daniel westling, relationships