Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, Current Events Part 2: Dec 2004 - July 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this been posted before? If so, Ill remove the post.

Mr and Mrs Medel-Svenson;)

Crown Princess Victoria and boyfriend Daniel Westling applaud the Swedish 4-0 victory over the Czech Republic in the Sweden Hockey Games match at the Stockholm Globe Arena February 7, 2004

Attachments

• 1086764_b.jpg
    1086764_b.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 397
mixer2002de said:
Maybe his is in a prince consort boot camp :D

LOL, probably. She may not have a wedding in 2005, but I don't recall her shooting down the concept of an engagement! ;)

Larzen said:
Has this been posted before? If so, Ill remove the post.

Mr and Mrs Medel-Svenson;)
Well I cannot help me. But somehow i think that pic is funny. Daniel just ignores the photographer. And Vicky makes an impression like a lil applause monkey at a fair who just had been hit by an air gun in a shooting stand and now makes some applause. I really like such funny pics :)

Larzen said:
applaud the Swedish 4-0 victory over the Czech Republic in the Sweden Hockey Games match at the Stockholm Globe Arena February 7, 2004
Would they have lost if Markus Nasland was playing for the Vancouver Canucks (that is if the NHL weren't a bunch of fools) ?

What has the NHL to do with the Czech and Swedish hockey team? I think the NHL is unable to play a single game this season.

Would they have lost if Markus Nasland was playing for the Vancouver Canucks
mixer2002de said:
What has the NHL to do with the Czech and Swedish hockey team? I think the NHL is unable to play a single game this season.
Markus Näslund perhaps :) I didn´t watch the game but perhaps he did very well!
Seems like Victoria and Daniel are big hockey fans. They have been to several games, both in Stockholm and New York.

Attachments

• danielhockey.JPG
    danielhockey.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 383
  • Danielhockey2.JPG
    Danielhockey2.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 372
  • danielhockeyh.JPG
    danielhockeyh.JPG
    9.2 KB · Views: 337
Seems Victoria is now a big hockey fan...she´s like those girls, who change their lifestyle for their guys. Sports...sports...sports and ugly glasses.

In the other thread you have talked about the alikeness of Daniel W. and Victoria. I´ve posted a while ago a link in the CC-forum, where the halfs of the faces of Royals were put together (via computer) with the half of their partners. There is a theory, that ppl, who look alike have the better relationships (something I don´t believe). But I think we should give it a try and should compare the faces of Daniel and Victoria. I need two big pictures of them...looking straight ahead and with a neutral/similar facial expression. My first search hasn´t given results. Do you have any pics?

Link to the comparison of the Royal faces
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2449&highlight=faces

BTW isn´t the guy to the left (In yennie´s first posted picture) the father of the baby (Danne´s little friend, with whom he has played on the nobel day- while watching the basketball game)?

Last edited:
A german tabloid has noticed something interesting (which we obviosuly have missed)

In this pictures Victoria wears a necklace with a twined "D" and "V" hanging on it.

Link to the picture on TRF:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=94294

Close up in the tabloid (courtesy to Ritva-> www.ritva.com ):
http://www.ritva.com/_private/tid4088a.jpg

Maybe this was the christmas gift...and that with the gym clothes was just a silly rumour. At least it is much better and romantic than gym wear.

mixer2002de said:
Or she bought it herself. and V stands vor Viktoria and D for Desiree :D

She might be dyslectic, but I don´t think she would have forgotten the "I" for Ingrid and the "A" for Alice. So it would have been "VIAD" ;)

This is surely for/from Daniel...quite open, isn´t it? Don´t think a young Royal has worn such a token of love before (and before the wedding)?

Lena said:
She might be dyslectic, but I don´t think she would have forgotten the "I" for Ingrid and the "A" for Alice. So it would have been "VIAD" ;)

This is surely for/from Daniel...quite open, isn´t it? Don´t think a young Royal has worn such a token of love before (and before the wedding)?

A v ery interesting observation about the necklace, Lena.

It is indeed quite the declaration of love -- it certainly affirms the seriousness of this relationship even more, doesn't it? Victoria doesn't strike me as someone who would wear something so declarative/affirmative on a whim; without there being something serious and deep to the relationship.

It certainly makes me wonder how she came about it -- if she bought it herself this certainly reveals her sincere intentions and feelings about the direction of her relationship with Daniel and is as clear a statement of "I'm with Daniel." And if it came from Daniel as a gift to Victoria, it certainly says a lot about him -- whatever his reservations about being the future Queen consort, being a royal, living life in the public eye, etc., he is in the least clearly in love with Victoria. Guys don't give jewellery at the drop of a hat -- and for Daniel to buy a piece of jewellery that is so symbolic says a lot.

But maybe Daniel Collert gave it as a gift to her. Didn't she hand out a prize who has his mothers name? Isn't it common to hand a gift to the royal handing out a prize? it does not lokk like that she wore it on Feb 7th when she was at a hockey game with DW :p

Last edited:
mixer2002de said:
But maybe Daniel Collert gave it as a gift to her.

That would be pretty insensitive of Victoria to wear a token of Daniel C.'s affection for her while dating Daniel W. No girlfriend who actually likes and doesn't want to hurt her present boyfriend would wear a token of affection given to her by an ex-boyfriend whether he gave it to her while they were dating or after.

And I doubt that it was a gift given to Victoria post-break up with Daniel C. A necklace with interwined letters of "V" and "D" is a pretty personal gift. It's not a sweater or even a tennis bracelet. It would be pretty oblivious on Victoria's part to wear such a token of affection and think that it was nothing more than a "thank you" gift by Daniel C. for presenting the awards in honour of his mother.

Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't look like letters from the two pictures. It just looks like a really flowy, abstract necklace. :confused:

Moonlightrhapsody said:
Maybe it's just me, but it doesn't look like letters from the two pictures. It just looks like a really flowy, abstract necklace. :confused:
You think its alle made up and fake?

mixer2002de said:
You think its alle made up and fake?

I don't know. I just came into the thread with these discussions about a necklace and when I went to look at the pictures, I don't see the letters everyone else is seeing. I haven't read the background story on the necklace yet, so someone, please explain it to me.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
I don't know. I just came into the thread with these discussions about a necklace and when I went to look at the pictures, I don't see the letters everyone else is seeing. I haven't read the background story on the necklace yet, so someone, please explain it to me.

The little article to it (written of a so called court reporter) said:
It´s only little and discreet. But a wonderful token of love. At the technical award Victoria wore a silver necklace with a little pendant consisting of the letter V (for Victoria) which goes seamless into a D (probably for Daniel). Next time I will have a closer look at the neck of Daniel Westling...

So nice it looks, I would say Daniel shouldn´t wear a duplicate. It´s clearly a piece for girls.
Wonder if their monogramme would one day also look like this. IMO this would be the best solution. A "D" crossing a "V" would look weird. For a second I´ve wondered if queen Margrethe has already designed a Monogramme for them and that the pendant is based on that. But it´s not very likely, I would say.

Hm, Moonlightrhapsody. I can clearly see the V and D. I´ve marked now with red and blue colour, where I see the V and the D.
But of course it could be also be something different and Victoria has just bought it, because it reminded her of a V&D

Attachments

• pendant.jpg
    pendant.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Yeah. Maybe Magarethe designed it for her :) Or she just bought it herself! jewelery from a boyfriend would imply that it is something serious!

Thanks for the colorings, Lena. I can see it now :p . I couldn't before!

There isn't any official story about where it came from? Was it given by Daniel W. or was it bought by Victoria?

Moonlightrhapsody said:
There isn't any official story about where it came from? Was it given by Daniel W. or was it bought by Victoria?
Its suspected that this is Daniels christmas gift for Viktoria..

Finally a new pic of Daniel and Victoria. So they are together and spend time in Daniel´s apartment (the swedish press is only lazy)
The upper pic was made in front of Daniel´s apartment. The lower pic is of Victoria (and Daniel?) going to the restaurant Beluga (I admit, that you can´t recognise anything ;) but I hope with the upper picture it´s a bit better)

The article to the pictures is explosive...but caution: german tabloid! (they are getting better and refer now always to swedish tabloids...but still: discretion is the better part of valor):

-Daniel and Victoria went lately (according to an information from Aftonbladet) to the restaurant Beluga. Then they spent a night together in Drottningholm (The queen and king were in Thailand then)

-A while ago Victoria and Daniel spent their holidays in Verbier (skiing...weren´t Mary and Frederik also there lately?)

-According to an information from Svensk dam Tidning high ranked officers have already plans for a Royal wedding in their drawers.

newDannepic.jpg

Last edited:
A while ago Victoria and Daniel spent their holidays in Verbier (skiing...weren´t Mary and Frederik also there lately?)
In this weeks Svensk Damtidning, Ann Christine of the royal court, denies this and says that Victoria went to Verbier with some girlfriends. Not Daniel :rolleyes:

thank you very much for postin the pic from Milan. The swedish press hasn´t written anything about the visit. Nice to see a new pic... they look very stylish :)

Yennie said:
In this weeks Svensk Damtidning, Ann Christine of the royal court, denies this and says that Victoria went to Verbier with some girlfriends. Not Daniel :rolleyes:
So according to ACJ Victoria went to Verbier with friends?? (thanks for the info) and we know, that Daniel Westling went with Victoria to a fashion show in Milan.
Now the pigs are really flying! Shouldn´t we assume, Daniel would prefer skiing??

Yennie said:
thank you very much for postin the pic from Milan. :)

You are welcome :)

If one looks thoroughly at the pics from Australia today, we can see that even Danne has been squeezed in at a corner of this trip - namely at the self-made poster that one of the children from the Swedish school in Sydney had with her to the meeting with Crown Princess Victoria at the Sheraton on Park hotel... :D

Attachments

• Victoria27.jpg
    Victoria27.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 257
Daniel won´t participate in the Ulvsunda-project (anymore?)...see here our earlier discussion on it:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3904&page=3&pp=20

According to Svensk dam Tidning he wants to focus on other things. So I guess Daniel´s companion Benny is doing it alone (well, maybe this was his intention from the beginning...don´t know) I´m sure the ppl, who have bought this week´s issue know more details.

perhaps this has been posted before, but its such a cute picture so one cant see it to many times :)

Daniel hugs Victoria before leaving a Britney Spears convert in may 2004

Attachments

• hug.JPG
    hug.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 285
Yennie said:
perhaps this has been posted before, but its such a cute picture so one cant see it to many times :)

Daniel hugs Victoria before leaving a Britney Spears convert in may 2004

The pic was posted exactly 10 posts ago then followed posts saying in the majority, that there seems to be no magic between Daniel and Victoria. Esp. not from stiff Daniel´s side ;)
But good, that you have told us your opinion. The world also needs a pro-Westling-movement ;)

Sorry, maybe I hadn't noticed this before, but did they go and see Britney Spears? I'm sure I've heard it before, but how come I didn't respond? If that was their 'date', then they are in serious trouble. I don't know how romantic a Britney Spears concert would be, and I am a little worried that Daniel decided to go along. :S Yes, their body language suggests that Victoria is more open, whereas Daniel is a little more closed with his affections. Daniel looks like he's hugging his sister or mother, not his girlfriend.

They did attend the concert in May 2004...shortly before you joined the community and shortly before Mary and Frederik´s wedding. So the pics are one year old and since then we have hardly seen similar pics...neither from a Christina Aguilera concert or a concert, of this tedious sister of Jessica Simpson (well, maybe they just weren´t in Stockholm ;) ) nor as "affectionate" (yes, the hug was lousy and indeed like the hug between relatives, but at least it was a hug)
Here is the link the the old discussion:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2264&page=1&pp=20&highlight=britney+spears
and the link to an earlier posted pic from the concert
http://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v143/lena82/Danny2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom