The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the article is about the protection and bodyguards of the princesses. Thats why they, the bodyguards, are circled

Old 06-20-2004, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

yeap...would agree here (as usual :P ) with Yennie...the article was about the crazy 60-year old stalker, who follows the RF, esp. Madeleine...and therefore this mag showed through the encircled person, how the RF is protected.

Old 06-21-2004, 02:50 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Jun 20th, 2004 - 6:28 pm
yeap...would agree here (as usual :P ) with Yennie...the article was about the crazy 60-year old stalker, who follows the RF, esp. Madeleine...and therefore this mag showed through the encircled person, how the RF is protected.
Yes but in a way, this is not doing the RF any good. I mean if the bodyguards are pointed out then the "stalkers" will know who to distract or whatever. Sorry. Protective Dennis once again shows up and he is being too paranoid.
Old 06-21-2004, 03:46 AM
Aristocracy

Have you seen this article with a new picture of Victoria and Daniel together?

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/stor...,494772,00.html

Or this one?

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=149328

The article in expressen says that both Victoria and Daniel is sickly interested in the european soccer championship.... :P

Don't you think it's funny that the same paper can say that they are about to break up one day and that they are SOOO happy the next?
Old 06-21-2004, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Expressobladet must have felt the pressure from Daniel Nyhlén at Aftonbladet, because of their long article - like they didn't wanna look like the "bad guy" in all this... They had to counter with something. And the article in Expressobladet is written by Johan T Lindwall - and he (I guess) doesn't wanna look like a not-knowing fool in front of his pals. You know he's "one in the gang" in Stockholm together with other media people.

But it's crazy - talking about contradicting yourself!
Old 06-21-2004, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Interesting...interesting...Victoria in 1998:
Såg du VM-finalen mellan Frankrike och Brasilien, förresten?
– Ja, lite grann.

Reporter: BTW Have you seen the world championship finale between France and Brazil
Victoria: -Yes, a little bit.

And now she´s totally crazy about soccer...love can change a lot
Old 06-21-2004, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

"- De ska på ett hemligt midsommarfirande." (from the Expressen-article)
I wonder how secret a midsommar-party can be, when Expressen already knows that it will take place! And as much as I know people celebrate midsommar OUTSIDE...so they could be an easy prey for Expressobladet...

The Swedes here...do you celebrate midsommar, and when yes, how?
Old 06-21-2004, 03:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The Swedes here...do you celebrate midsommar, and when yes, how
ofcourse.. thats one of the biggest holidays of the year here in sweden. its when we dance around a dead tree pretending to be frogs you know :P
gotta love that!
I used to love midsummer when I was a kid. Having flowers in the hair and picnic on the beach.... aww, wonderful!
but now when I´m a little older its a more "normal day" with some barbecue with friends and hopefully (if it stops raining B)) a swim in the sea
Old 06-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Yennie@Jun 21st, 2004 - 7:06 pm
Quote:
The Swedes here...do you celebrate midsommar, and when yes, how
ofcourse.. thats one of the biggest holidays of the year here in sweden. its when we dance around a dead tree pretending to be frogs you know :P
Thank you Yennie... now after you´ve said that with the "frog-dance" I really hope for some Paparazzi-pix of Victoria and Daniel at Midsommar...and maybe Daniel will wear flowers around his trucker-cap :P

Well, probably they will celebrate it like you yennie...a little barbecue (vegetables on the grill and thinned/watered lätt öl (light beer) :P ) with friends...and there they should be left alone.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Swedish Midsummer:

The weekend closest to the "real" midsummer day is when the Swedes hold their big summer festival, vaguely descended from a pagan summer solstice festival. This feast is celebrated in the heart of the Nature, and on the days before Midsummer the Swedes leave towns and cities for country cottages, camping sites and marinas.

The oldest custom at Midsummer is, as in other parts of Europe, the lighting of a great bonfire, but in these latitudes the lightest night of the year was not the right time for dancing around a fire. So the bonfires were replaced by another early summer tradition; the maypole, part of the May Day celebrations on the Continent. Because of the cold northern climate, there were not enough leaves and flowers to be found on May 1st, hence the transformation of the continental maypole into a Swedish "Midsummer pole".

On the afternoon of Midsummer Eve, people gather for traditional games and ring-dancing around the maypole. Afterwards, they enjoy a traditional dinner of fresh potatoes and pickled herring of different sorts. Almost always, there is beer and schnapps to drink and strawberries with whipped cream for dessert.

Popular places for celebrating Midsummer are the islands Öland and Gotland, the Stockholm archipelago and outside Bohuslän on the west coast, but above all in the tourist parts of the province of Dalarna (Dalecarlia).
(Text from the Swedish Institute)
Old 06-21-2004, 08:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you very much for all this information, GrandDuchess :flower: So far I was rather familar with "Midsommar" in dramas/thrillers (all are happy...and suddenly- bang-some of them are dead) Oh, and I knew that there hectoliters of alcohol are floating
Strange that there aren´t many pictures of the Royal family celebrating midsommer (I only know the ones of Victoria in NYC and the few of Madeleine last year)...I mean as you´ve said it´s very important for Sweden...

BTW here we have this bonfire-tradition too...then we jump over the fire (once a classmate of mine collided with his brother and fell in the fire)
Old 06-21-2004, 09:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 1:17 am
Just as good that its not DYL ..... couldn't have every-one thinking of dill or worse dill pickles :P
But "dill" would be very typical for the swedish kitchen :P So it would fit...as the YLD-trio is partly swedish and partly very interested in Sweden.

Have I already commented Daniel´s jacket ?! Well, I can´t decide if it looks like something he has dug out of the earth or if it looks, as if he has stolen it from a dosser. Well, I don´t want to offend Daniel (I even like him every new day more...), but this jacket is simply too sleazy for my taste!
Old 06-29-2004, 05:04 AM
Heir Apparent

The picture from yesterday in a bigger version
Old 06-30-2004, 12:32 PM
Majesty

Crown Princess Victoria & Daniel W. Current Events Part 5 (June 2004-October 2004)

here is the new thread

The old one can be found here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...?t=2264&page=1
Old 07-01-2004, 07:39 AM
Heir Apparent

More photos from Victoria & Daniel in front of Daniel´s apartment:
Old 07-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling - 20040715

EXCLUSIVE Borgholm, Oland, Sweden - Crown Princess Victoria and her boyfriend Daniel Westling enjoy a private moment during a walk on Alvaret near Borgholm Castle. After the birthday-celebrations yesterday, parts of which Daniel was not allowed to take part in due to royal etiquette, Victoria and Daniel can enjoy the rest of their holiday together.

Old 08-26-2004, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Victoria & Daniel W - Thread Part 2

Victoria lurade pappa kungen

Kronprinsessan Victoria lurade pappa kungen. Inför 10 316 personer i Globen visade hon officiellt för första gången upp pojkvännen Daniel Westling.
– Det här var en demonstration från hennes sida. Hon har bestämt sig för Daniel, berättar en i hennes vänkrets.

Det var i går kväll i Globen som Victoria genomförde sin kupp. Hon var i Globen för att titta på Sverige mot Finland i en träningslandskamp inför World Cup. Hon var där som officiell representant för hovet och i hennes veckoprogram stod det:
”Kronprinsessan, 19.00, närvaro vid matchen Sverige–Finland, World Cup of Hockey 2004, Globen.”

Men det ingen visste var att hon i sin roll som kronprinsessa skulle överraska alla. När Victoria satte sig på vip-läktaren fanns en annan person på samma bänkrad – pojkvännen Daniel Westling.
– Det var en jättebra match, sa Victoria till Expressen, när hon glatt lämnade Globen efter att Sverige i förlängning gjort 2–1.

Såg varmt på varandra
Paret var mycket engagerat och följde matchen med spänning, men tittade med jämna mellanrum varmt mot varandra.
– Det här hade ingen räknat med. Inte ens kungen. Han visste att Victoria skulle dit, då det var med i kungafamiljens program, berättar en av kronprinsessans vänner.

Denne fortsätter:
– Men att hon skulle ta med sig Daniel Westling hade han ingen aning om. Ingen förutom några vänner visste om detta.
– Kungen lär inte bli vidare glad när han får reda på detta. Det var kanske därför Victoria garderade sig genom att låta en av polarna sitta mellan.
Victorias beslut att i går visa upp Daniel Westling i ett officiellt sammanhang är banbrytande.

Kronprinsessan har aldrig tidigare tagit med Daniel Westling eller tidigare pojkvännen Daniel Collert vid någon officiell programpunkt.

”Trött på allt smygande”
– Hon är trött på allt smygande. Victoria vill nu en gång för alla visa för omvärlden att det är Westling som gäller, säger en av vännerna.
– Alla i hennes vänkrets är nu snart gifta och hon känner väl att det snart är dags för henne. Det här kan vara ett av de första stora stegen till det.

Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, informationschef vid hovet, säger:
– Det här var inget officiellt framträdande.
Men det stod ju med i kungafamiljens veckoprogram?
– Det var ett offentligt framträdande, inget officiellt, det är stor skillnad. Det handlar absolut inte om en markering från kronprinsessans sida.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:17 AM
Courtier

And a English summary?
Old 09-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

some V & D news....
This week Svensk Damtidning writes that Victoria and Daniel went to USA a few weeks ago...
I havent heard anything about this before.. anyone? any pics?
Old 09-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

They went to the USA-without telling us?!
This time they really were clever...maybe they were at a place, which isn´t a "stronghold" for Paparazzis (Philadelphia comes to my mind-Dennis, did you offer them a hideout )
I´m quite sure, that we won´t see pictures of this trip. Probably the only pictures of it are on Victoria´s or Daniel´s photo-chip or hard disc.

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess victoria, current events, daniel westling, relationships