Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, Current Events Part 1: Sept 2003-December 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Högskoleprovet is a test that aims to test the ability to manage higher studies (college and university). The test consists of 122 tasks divided on five different part tests: understanding of words (ORD), logical thinking around mathematical problems (NOG), Swedish reading understanding (LÄS), the ability to interpret diagrams, tables and maps (DTK) and English reading understanding (ELF). All these part tests have options to choose between, and the maximum time to do the whole test is four hours and ten minutes. The test can be taken twice a year, spring and autumn, around the country. Applicants to university and college apply by their final high school grades or their results on högskoleprovet.

You can read the whole test and the answers of today's Högskoleprovet here (in Swedish)

OUCH...again an tabloid-attack on Danne. On Aftonbladet you can vote for the worst-dressed in Sweden. And Daniel is among the 10 men, you can choose.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/kvinna/story/0,2789,552969,00.html

I think in the example (in the slideshow) he doesn´t look that bad. We´ve seen worse outfits on him, and his girlfriend has a pretty similar style (the same white sneakers, similar jeans, a similiar coat-hers is orange and a little bit longer, but the fabric is similar, similar glasses...)

Attachments

• clothes2.jpg
    clothes2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 4,564
I agree with you ,Lena! Imo Daniel looks good in that jacket and jeans is never wrong :)

Lena said:
OUCH...again an tabloid-attack on Danne. On Aftonbladet you can vote for the worst-dressed in Sweden. And Daniel is among the 10 men, you can choose.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/kvinna/story/0,2789,552969,00.html

I think in the example (in the slideshow) he doesn´t look that bad. We´ve seen worse outfits on him, and his girlfriend has a pretty similar style (the same white sneakers, similar jeans, a similiar coat-hers is orange and a little bit longer, but the fabric is similar, similar glasses...)
Oh I dress like that too. So I am dressed bad too!

mixer2002de said:
Oh I dress like that too. So I am dressed bad too!
When your wear ALL, what Westling wears, then you´re indeed bad dressed ;) :p
But when you mean the current picture, then not (well, I´m not so fond of white Sneakers). They could have really taken a better or actually worse picture.
Well, Daniel Nyhlén was in the jury...this explains a lot. Of course Daniel W. is bad dressed on the whole, but to me it seems, that Nyhlén wanted him to have on the list (on which ppl are, who are much more worse dressed than Daniel W.) Maybe it´s Nyhlén´s way to take revenge (he knows, that the Royal court can´t do much, when he writes about Daniel Westling). Or maybe he simply doesn´t like Daniel W. ...which wouldn´t surprise...Daniel looks (again!) so damn angry in the new picture. When he really wants to become Victoria´s hubby soon, he should now try it with a smile!!

Lena said:
I agree; in this photo, he doesn't look so bad. If they were going to put him on the list, they should have picked an example where his fashion was really bad (not too hard:)). I personally think that he looks okay, minus the white joggers/sneakers.

mixer2002de, don't think you're a bad dresser because you dress similar to Daniel, in that particular picture. It truly isn't that bad. You could have dressed like that person who had his midriff showing and that khaki cardigan on, or that guy with the (lycra??) pink shirt thing on; then that would have been a problem. :p

Maybe some remember, that Daniel Westling gave his first interview to a school-newspaper... the supervisor/leader of this newspaper (a swedish teacher) has now given an interview...and he tells among other things about Daniel Westling:

"Har Daniel kungliga egenskaper?
Nej, inte om man jämför med den nuvarande. Men han är smart. Skitsmart. Jag är svensklärare men han känner till fler författare än jag."

"Has Daniel Royal qualities?
No, not when you compare him to the current ones. But he is smart. Damn smart. I´m a teacher for swedish, but he knows more authors than I do."

Oha, have we "misunderestimated" Daniel Westling...is he in reality a savant??!

This teacher also tells, that he and his students wanted to thank Daniel with flowers (they had won a journalistic prize for the best school newspaper in Sweden) but they couldn´t find the gym at once, since it´s so hidden...and when they´ve found it, they couldn´t simply go in it...you need to ring a special number to get entrance.

Lena said:
When your wear ALL, what Westling wears, then you´re indeed bad dressed ;) :p
But when you mean the current picture, then not (well, I´m not so fond of white Sneakers). They could have really taken a better or actually worse picture.
Well, Daniel Nyhlén was in the jury...this explains a lot. Of course Daniel W. is bad dressed on the whole, but to me it seems, that Nyhlén wanted him to have on the list (on which ppl are, who are much more worse dressed than Daniel W.) Maybe it´s Nyhlén´s way to take revenge (he knows, that the Royal court can´t do much, when he writes about Daniel Westling). Or maybe he simply doesn´t like Daniel W. ...which wouldn´t surprise...Daniel looks (again!) so damn angry in the new picture. When he really wants to become Victoria´s hubby soon, he should now try it with a smile!!
Well I do not wear white sneakers. But I dress like on that pictures. I never would dress like on some other pictures of him.

I guess you can find Victoria easiest in front of the 2 gyms of Daniel ;)
Aftonbladet has a short article about Victoria´s "hard training"...Daniel Nyhlén tells in it...surprise...surprise...that Victoria´s muscular body shape is the result of hard training, at least one time a week (I guess more) she goes to the gym to do weight training:

Kronprinsessan ligger i hårdträning

”Det har blivit ett av hennes största intressen”
Kronprinsessan Victoria är starkare än någonsin.
- Att träna har blivit ett av henne största intressen, säger en källa.

Kronprinsessan Victoria läser just nu två fempoängskurser i statsvetenskap på Försvarshögskolan.
- Victoria har pluggat på Slottet. Hon tycker att den här utbildningen är väldigt intressant, säger Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, chef för kronprinsessans hovstat.
Men Victoria ligger även i hårdträning privat.
Sedan hon och pojkvännen Daniel Westling träffades syns det märkbart att Victoria har ökat sin muskelmassa.
Hemligheten bakom Victorias nya kropp är hennes regelbundna träning.
Minst en dag i veckan flåsar hon i träningsmaskinerna på ett exklusivt gym i centrala Stockholm.
NYHETER-01s21-vickangym-71_368.jpg

Victoria leaving the gym together with a bodyguard.

Lena said:
I guess you can find Victoria easiest in front of the 2 gyms of Daniel ;)
Aftonbladet has a short article about Victoria´s "hard training"...Daniel Nyhlén tells in it...surprise...surprise...that Victoria´s muscular body shape is the result of hard training, at least one time a week (I guess more) she goes to the gym to do weight training:

Maybe Vicky wants to become Mrs. Universe :eek:

Older picture of Daniel (from then, when scissors and smiling in front of a camera existed in his life...):

NYHETER-23s00-danielpass-69_368.jpg

Article from Expressen today

Summary of the article:
This is how a future daughter of Victoria and Daniel could look like! Expressen reports that a website is behind a programme that can “create” how the child of two people will look like – everything needed is pictures of the parents. Expressen did a test by letting them create how a future daughter of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel could look like – this is the result. Expressen says that the Royal Court told them that the name of future children of Victoria is up to the happy parents – but Expressen suggests that Sibylla (the name of King Carl XVI Gustaf’s mother) would be a good name, and says that you could be looking at Sweden’s future heir – Crown Princess Sibylla.

Personally, I think this is a bit tacky – no more comments from me! :D

2af34471.jpg

BLIVANDE KRONPRINSESSA? Hur Victorias och Daniels dotter kommer att se ut - det ser vi här. Men vad kommer hon att heta? Enligt hovet är det upp till de lyckliga föräldrarna. Kanske döps hon efter kronprinsessans farmor, Sibylla?

Datorn avslöjar deras ”dotter”

LONDON. Nu kan du ta reda på hur ditt barn kommer att se ut med hjälp av datorn. Ditt ansikte förs samman med din partners och visar er ofödda dotter.
Här intill kan du se Sveriges blivande tronarvinge…

Inom ett par veckor så kommer du att kunna utnyttja tjänsten på hemsidan www.predictyourchild.com. Allt som krävs är ett passfoto på dig och din partner. Era ansiktsdrag blandas sedan samman. Forskarna bakom tjänsten hävdar att datorn arbetar på samma sätt som när två människors gener mixas.

Mixar samman foton
- Vi tar en mamma och en pappa och kombinerar deras foton och mixar dem på samma sätt som våra gener blir hopblandade när vi får barn, säger dr Hancock.

Tidigare har kvinnliga drag från mamman och manliga drag från pappan förts samman till ett könslöst ansikte. Nu har Hancock, tillsammans med Charlie Frowd vid Stirling University, kommit på ett sätt att få fram en manlig respektive kvinnlig avbild av föräldrarna.
- Men det behöver inte bara vara en man och en kvinna. Vi kan också ta reda på hur barnet skulle se ut om två kvinnor fick barn, säger Hancock i Daily Express.

Ser ut som 20-åring
Precis som på riktiga bebisar kan barnet ha mammans ögon, men drag av pappans näsa. Och till skillnad från förlagor så visar Frowds och Hancocks bilder hur barnet kommer att se ut när det är 20 år.
- Då är det lättare att se likheterna med föräldrarna, säger Hancock.

Prinsessan Sibylla
Expressen gjorde ett test med kronprinsessan Victoria och hennes pojkvän Daniel Westling. Är det blivande kronprinsessan Sibylla vi ser?

Last edited:
Article from Aftonbladet today

Translation of the article:

NOJE-SHdaniel1.jpg

The gym-king
NOJE-SHdaniel3.jpg
NOJE-SHdaniel2.jpg

Gym nr. 1 on Regeringsgatan, Gym nr. 2 on Nybrogatan

Victoria – what a great deal for Daniel
The boyfriend’s gym increased its profits with 365%.

It pays off to be the Crown Princess’s chosen one. Daniel Westling’s company Mastertraining has increased its profits with 365% since he became the Crown Princess’s boyfriend.
- We have worked hard, says Daniel Westling.

Master Training on Regeringsgatan 65 has never had to advertise to get customers. Even so, the gym has grown so much that the space is not enough. In May, they expanded the business. To be able to take in new members, they opened a new gym on Nybrogatan 57 on Östermalm. The yearly fee is 15 000 SEK.
- But everything is included, you can even borrow work out clothes, says Benny Johansson, one of the two partners.

Has 400 members
The high price also includes discretion. Members are only admitted after recommendation. Master Training now has around 400 members. More people are waiting to be cleared and admitted. Hard work is one explanation to the success of Master Training. Another explanation of the company’s success is of course the royal shine. It was Princess Madeleine and her friends that started working out at Master Training. Little sister brought Crown Princess Victoria and love with the gym owner occured.

From the same area
Daniel Westling and his business partner Benny Johansson started their gym on Regeringsgatan five years ago. A few years earlier, Daniel had moved to Stockholm where he had started to work as a personal trainer, sports consultant and leader coach at Sports Club in Stockholm. It was there he got to know Benny Johansson.
- We came from the same area, and got along well, says Benny Johansson.

After being in the business for a few years, they decided to open their own place. Benny Johansson, who is a few years older than Westling, made the larger part of the investment and today owns 67% of the company, Daniel Westling owns 33%. They chose to go for quality instead of quantity. The company was allowed to grow slowly.
- Our gym worked very well from the beginning without the attention, says Benny Johansson.
- Sure, it’s gone fine, but many companies have had a bigger success. A condition for this has also been that we work all the time, like all small company owners who like what they do.

The turnover for the company in 2003 was 7,1 million SEK, which can be compared to 6,1 million SEK two years earlier. The profit after tax last year was 479 000 SEK. The year before that, it was 103 000 SEK. An increase with 365%.

Aftonbladet has reviewed Master Training’s last annual report. It states that the company has 11 full time employees.

Wrong statement in the annual report
If the total amount for salaries is divided on everyone, it means that the employed only got 8 200 SEK a month. When Benny Johansson is confronted with this statement, he says that the figures on the number of full time employees in the annual report are wrong.
- The company only has three full time employees, five with me and Daniel, he says.

Within a short period of time, the number could be increased, because the partners are planning on starting a bigger SPA at Ulvsunda Palace.

Fact square on Daniel:

Name: Daniel Westling.
Girlfriend: Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden.
Family: Dad Olle, mother Eva. Three year older sister.
Background: Grew up in Ockelbo,five miles from Gävle.
Education: High school/gymnasiet's two year social programme, sports educationalist from Lillived Folkhögskola, other sports courses.
Profession: Sports educationalist, self-employed.
Lives: Apartment on Banérgatan, Östermalm, Stockholm.
Income: 300 000 SEK in salary 2002.

Companies: Co-owner in Master Training AB that runs two gyms in central Stockholm. Daniel Westling owns 33%, business partner Benny Johansson owns 67%. The company is now in negotiations on about running an exclusive yoga- and health place at Ulvsunda Palace in Bromma, starting in the beginnign of next year.
Number of employed: 3 full time, 6 part-time. Also six trainers work as freelancers for the company.
Other business things: Is a co-owner in the stock-company PT Hästinvest (translates to Horse Invest) that deals with harness racing.

Last edited:
Thank you, GrandDuchess.
What weird ideas Expressen has :D Well, at least the computer has created a pretty girl. But as we all know, the looks of children are seldom predictable. The best example for that is the "mother" of this "future child" -Victoria. She and her younger sister look completely different, even though they have the same father and mother.

Interesting business facts. Benny seems to be the more honest and mature one of those two. Strange, that they have not many employees.

As Dennis noted (clutching at straws ;) ) 2005 of course also will be the 100th year after complete independence from Sweden. So maybe that´s why they visit each other. But who knows. Details aren´t mentioned

The first visit i think is in order to open the bridge between Norway and Sweden in Svinesund, also known as pork-bridge because so many Norwegians drives across it to buy cheap meat and alcohol right accross the swedish border:D .

The 2. visit is to mark the 100th anniversary of Norway...

Larzen said:
The first visit i think is in order to open the bridge between Norway and Sweden in Svinesund, also known as pork-bridge because so many Norwegians drives across it to buy cheap meat and alcohol right accross the swedish border:D .

The 2. visit is to mark the 100th anniversary of Norway...
Everyday a new lesson on TRF :D So pork and (most of all) alcohol is cheaper in Sweden?! Then it must be really expensive in Norway. I guess it would be better to follow the good old tradition of bootlegigng, than to go to Sweden ;)

Yes, you could be right, Larzen. Well, it was only an idea. And if Danne is then really prince Daniel he probably would be really happy about a familiar language and culture as "co-host" of an official visit, whatever the reason for it is.

Larzen said:
The thing that I really would like to know is if her really wants to be a Prince (or whatever title he gets) at the moment he seems to go out of his way to not be in the press and if he marrys Victoria he willl be in the glossys every week for the rest of his life...
Yes, I completely agree with you, Larzen, and I think that is perhaps the main reason why King Carl Gustav seems to keep some restrictions on Victoria marrying Daniel Westling. I don't really think his non-noble condition could be a valid hindrance anymore. And that question of his English skills seems even more nonsense... I mean, Sweden is not even an English speaking country and Daniel's English can not be so bad that he couldn't improve it in some way... Much more complicated should be the case of Máxima or Mary, who shall be Queens of a country whose language they didn't master.

The question is Westling really doesn't seem to like being on the spotlights and if he marries Victoria, well that will be the daily dish...

Larzen said:
The thing that I really would like to know is if her really wants to be a Prince (or whatever title he gets) at the moment he seems to go out of his way to not be in the press and if he marrys Victoria he willl be in the glossys every week for the rest of his life...
Good points (in your whole post), Larzen
Yes, it really seems he´s escaping again. I mean since the end of November Expressobladet had 11 articles on Daniel & Victoria. But in none they had any new pictures of them together. This is really strange and makes me wonder, if Daniel feels panic, now, looking at the increasing speculations and statements of his girlfriend.

Im really suprised they hardly get pictures of him. Danish and Norwegian press had new pictures of Mary and Mette-Marit weekly. Daniel Nyhlen must be out of praktice:D I mean seeing how high the speculations are going no, I would have expected them to hunt him in search of a comment (which I don think they will get) or atleas some pictures, but Nothing

Victoria and Daniel spent the weekend in Ockelbo and went skiing with Säpo :)
"If it wasnt for her bodyguards noone would have noticed them,
Here in Gästrikland county they are left alone to enjoy eachother and their love" said one of the few who noticed the couple.

Victorias hemliga kärlekshelg
HÖGBO BRUK. Victoria och Daniel Westling har varit på hemlig skidsemester.
Kronprinsessan har blivit friluftsprinsessan och tillbringade helgen i längdskidspåret.
– De älskar att åka upp till Gästrikland och åka skidor. Där får de vara i fred med sin kärlek, berättar en vän till dem.
Victoria och pojkvännen har sedan i somras inte visat sig tillsammans i Stockholm.
Paret har gjort allt för att inte väcka uppmärksamhet.
– De har båda känt att de vill vara i fred med sina känslor och därför har de hållit en låg profil, berättar en vän.
Denne fortsätter:
– När de firade Carl Philips flickvän Emmas 25-årsdag valde de exempelvis att lämna de andra direkt efter middagen.
I stället för att vistas i Stockholm under helgerna har paret den senaste tiden valt att åka till Daniels hemort Ockelbo.
– Där är de som vilka andra som helst. De kan gå ut på stan utan att folk glor och Victoria tas emot på Konsum eller Statoil som vilken tjej som helst.

Gillar skidåkning
De tillbringar helgerna med långpromenader och nu på vintern blir det mycket skidåkning.
Daniel Westling är erkänt duktig skidåkare. Han och kompisen Martin Björk, programledare i Kanal 5, åkte mycket skidor när de var yngre.
Victoria och Daniel har hittat sitt skidparadis i Högbo bruk, som ligger idylliskt intill Dammsjön, bara tre mil från Daniel Westlings föräldrahem i Ockelbo.
Det är mest känt som friluftsområde, med möjligheter till längdskidåkning, terrängpromenader och fiske.

Åkte skidor
Under vackra vinterdagar är elljusspåren fyllda av skidåkare. Vid de uppvärmda raststugorna längs spåren och vandringslederna kan besökarna grilla korv.
I helgen var Victoria och Daniel två av dem som utnyttjade längdspåren. De var klädda i svarta skidkläder och knappt någon la märke till dem.
– De såg ut som vilket par som helst. Du förstod att det var Victoria när du såg alla Säpovakter, berättar en av skidåkarna som mötte dem i spåret.
Efter avklarad skidtur bar det av till Daniels föräldrar i Ockelbo för familjemiddag.

www.expressen.se

Victoria and Daniel spent the weekend in Ockelbo and went skiing with Säpo :)
"If it wasnt for her bodyguards noone would have noticed them,
Here in Gästrikland county they are left alone to enjoy eachother and their love" said one of the few who noticed the couple.
Thank you Yennie for the article. I hope now Expressobladet´s photographers go up to Gästrikland and hide themselves everywhere in Ockelbo and Högbo. I want to see pics of them skiing! Or the people in Gästrikland could load up the batteries of their digital cameras (and sell the pictures to Expressobladet). Oooohhh, I´m so mean, but I really want to watch them, skiing together etc. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
there was no twinkle in thier eyes they thought she should be more open about her life and don´t give the standard answer, give out more about her self.

foppa.jpg

Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling apprently went to the hockey game between Djurgården and Modo in Globen yesterday evening. Aftonbladet Sport did a piece on the game where NHL star Peter Forsberg (Colorado Avalanche, home in Modo right now, because of the lockout in NHL) among things said to the newspaper:

- I'm ashamed before her, speaking of his poor results in the last games for Modo. Forsberg is having problems with old injuries and has not performed what is expected of a player of his caliber, and said that he is ashamed for playing so poorly in front of our Crown Princess.

Instead of watching the Nobel prize award on TV Daniel went to watch a Basketball match with his friend, who had his baby with him.
Aftonbladet (the "sources" of) say that Daniel never was interested in the NPA and never watch it.
Not the best news, if he really would/should become prince.
But they also had a picture. And this is by far the cutest and nicest picture of Danne, that I´ve ever seen:
NYHETER-11s12-Daniel-539_368.jpg

...och här festar Victorias Daniel

Gick på basket med kompisarna - när han inte fick följa med på Nobelfesten

Kronprinsessan Victoria fick inte ta med sig sin pojkvän på Nobelfesten.
Men Daniel Westling bryr sig inte.
I stället för att följa Victoria via tv gick han på basket med sina vänner.
Kronprinsessan Victoria, 27, hade världens blickar på sig när hon i går tillsammans med kungen, drottning Silvia och prins Carl Philip deltog i Nobelfesten i Stockholms stadshus. Miljontals människor världen över följde festligheterna via tv.
Men Daniel Westling var som vanligt inte välkommen.
Enligt hovet räknas han som en officiell partner först när paret har förlovat sig.
Men Daniels intresse för galatillställningar och representation är mycket svalt.

Känner sig obekväm
-Han har aldrig varit en festkille och känner sig mest obekväm i såna sammanhang. Han trivs inte ens i frack, berättar en av vännerna.
I samma stund som Victoria satt med Nobelpristagarna i Stockholms stadshus valde Daniel att titta på en basketmatch i Åkeshovs idrottshall i västra Stockholm.
Tillsammans med teaterarbetaren Niklas Ek, en vän och tidigare klasskamrat från Ockelbo, följde han intresserat matchen. Niklas hade med sig sin minsting som Daniel gullade med hela tiden.
-Det märks att han är barnkär. Antingen såg han matchen eller ägnade sig åt den lille, berättar ett ögonvittne.

Pappa på plats
I gänget fanns också Daniels pappa Olle Westling som besviket fick se hur Ockelbo fick stryk mot hemmalaget 08-Stockholm med 58-82.
Kungen har tidigare haft synpunkter på Daniels bristande kunskaper i olika ämnen. Men att han inte ens följer ett av Victorias viktigaste uppdrag under året förvånar inte vännerna.
-Daniel har aldrig tittat på Nobelfesten. Han tycker att det är ett mossigt arrangemang som bara är trist, säger vännen.
Enligt Aftonbladets uppgiftslämnare kommer förlovningen mellan paret att dröja.
Den största anledningen är att Daniel ännu inte är redo för ett offentligt liv med Victoria.

did they expect him to watch her on televion and not been seen on the whole day
the it would have been a article about daniel not been seen and watching nobel as a part of his prince school

and how cute is he with the girl

More pictures from Fotomarktplatz:
The boyfriend of Sweden s Crown Princess Victoria , Daniel Westling R , spent the Nobel Festivity evening at a basketball game in a suburb of Stockholm watching his hometown team Ockelbo , 10 December 2004. Together with some close friends that brought their kids , the Crown Princess boyfrind really showed how fond of children he is. He was playing and cuddling with the child constantly during the game. It seems as if it was up to him , Sweden might have a Royal baby soon. He is not really accepted by the King but he was allowed once to follow the Crown Princess on a holiday trip last summer. PRESSENS BILD Tobias Rostlund c dpa - Report:

Attachments

• dan1.jpg
    dan1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,263
  • dan2.jpg
    dan2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 685
  • dan3.jpg
    dan3.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 840
  • dan4.jpg
    dan4.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 921
  • dan5.jpg
    dan5.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,841
  • dan6.jpg
    dan6.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,659
Very cute pictures of Daniel and that child. Aftonbladet must be very proud of them self, first they get some pictures of him after a long drought and then they are cute, he is smiling and it involves a child. :D

Last edited:
Larzen said:
Very cute pictures of Daniel and that child. Aftonbladet must be very proud of them self, first they get some pictures of him after a long drought and then they are cute, he is smiling and it involves a child. :D
I wonder if a private person (from Ockelbo?) made these pictures and has sold it to Pressens bild/Aftonbladet. Daniel looks so relaxed. He even made a "frog smile", which is actually more typical for his girlfriend ;):

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64045

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom