Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, Current Events Part 1: Sept 2003-December 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recent times? The last month or so perhaps. Not even that. I was looking at a longer time period than that.

Originally posted by Dennism@May 31st, 2004 - 6:30 am
Recent times? The last month or so perhaps. Not even that. I was looking at a longer time period than that.
Well, but the bashing-at-Daniel-time lasted only a few days/weeks as well. IMO this was just a little "flare-up" in the media world, which has been quit soon.

What I also was referring to originally ... was an absence of pictures. Is it to be expected that the two-some will be seen at a spate of weddings in this upcoming summer season ?

Unfortunately this little pic doesn´t work (for me) But I´ve looked at brainpix and he´s wearing NO cap :woot:
I wonder if there´s a chance to make the picture bigger?! Wasn´t it possible to register for a day? I´ve tried, but I didn´t get a password.

Originally posted by Yennie@May 12th, 2004 - 12:13 pm
t4p Lena! I like Victorias outfit! Really nice...
But we gotta get Daniel to loose the trucker caps NOW! :yuk:
hahaha that's what I thought. She looks amazing & he's very good looking but that truker hat has to go!!! Whoever created that fashion look should be banned from the industry. :wacko:

Originally posted by Angel S.@Jun 10th, 2004 - 11:11 am

hahaha that's what I thought. She looks amazing & he's very good looking but that truker hat has to go!!! Whoever created that fashion look should be banned from the industry. :wacko:
I disagree. I like trucker caps. A baseball hat is good too once in awhile. She looks very beautiful in some photos that I have seen lately on this site. But she is not as hot as her sister. Madeleine is one hot babe.

I´ve just checked the weekly tabloid-output...and they had pictures of this series And these pix showed Daniel, as he got in the car, which is a Taxi. And there were also pictures of him getting out of the Taxi. They claimed that Daniel went 200 meters by this Taxi/cab to his gym :p Ok, this was in german tabloids, so it could be, that it isn´t completely true. But on the whole it´s strange. Which normal healthy person would go by Taxi during the day and in the city, in which he´s living. Esp. when he owns a car.
I really wonder why Danny is so exhausted...long or actually too short nights (?) :p

The day after Victoria attended Catherina Amalias christening, she and Daniel left for Ockelbo to attend the christening of 4 month old Vera, daughter of Daniels sister Anna.

Daniel fick följa med på dopet

Victoria och Daniels kärlek växer sig allt starkare.
I söndags var kronprinsessan och hennes pojkvän på dop tillsammans.
- Det är ingen hemlighet att Victoria drömmer om egna barn, säger en källa.
Det blev en intensiv helg för kronprinsessan Victoria. I fredags åkte hon till Haag för att bli gudmor till det holländska kronprinsparet Willem-Alexander och Maximas dotter Catharina Amalia.
Dopet hölls under lördagen med efterföljande middag. Dagen därpå reste Victoria hem till Sverige för att delta under ytterligare ett dop.

Från dop till dop
Den här gången helt privat och i största hemlighet.
Daniels syster och Victorias blivande svägerska Anna Westling Blom, 33, döpte sin fyra månader gamla dotter Vera.
- Det stämmer att Victoria var där. Hon åkte från dop till dop, säger hovets presschef Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg.
När Victoria landade på Arlanda for hon i ilfart direkt hem till Daniel och sen körde paret, med Säpo i hälarna, upp till kyrkan Strömsbro i Gävle.
- Victoria ses redan som en i familjen Westling. Hon har välkomnats med öppna armar och Daniels föräldrar är mycket förtjusta i henne, berättar en källa.
Att Victoria nu deltar i familjen Westlings släktträffar bekräftar det som vännerna tidigare har berättat:
- Victoria vill förlova sig och bilda familj med Daniel. Och det är inte så konstigt då han är en riktig toppenkille, säger en av parets vänner till Aftonbladet.
I sommar kommer paret att tillbringa all sin lediga tid tillsammans. Victoria och Daniel kommer bland annat besöka hans hemort Ockelbo. Under tre veckor ska pojkvännen också bo hos kungafamiljen på Öland och Solliden. Där ska bland annat Daniel coacha Victoria på golfbanan.
Men på Victoriadagen blir det precis som vanligt.

Tv-sänd gala
Under den tv-sända galan från Borgholm finns Daniel inte med. Innan han och Victoria har förlovat sig får han inte visa sig på officiella uppdrag.
- Det har kungen sagt, men för den saken skull innebär det inte att Daniel blir portad. Han kommer sitta och vänta på Solliden för att fira Victoria senare under kvällen, berättar en initierad källa.

Lena  Posted: Jun 20th, 2004 - 9:59 am

Huge version of the cuddling-picture

Daniel looks slightly stressed to me.

Madeleine and Jonas... Victoria and buff Daniel in front of the shop

I see Madeleine carries her own ... while Daniel is being the gentleman.

Madeleine and Jonas walking...Madeleine and Jonas shopping

what's with the circles around certain persons ?

I think the article is about the protection and bodyguards of the princesses. Thats why they, the bodyguards, are circled

yeap...would agree here (as usual :p ) with Yennie...the article was about the crazy 60-year old stalker, who follows the RF, esp. Madeleine...and therefore this mag showed through the encircled person, how the RF is protected.

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 20th, 2004 - 6:28 pm
yeap...would agree here (as usual :p ) with Yennie...the article was about the crazy 60-year old stalker, who follows the RF, esp. Madeleine...and therefore this mag showed through the encircled person, how the RF is protected.
Yes but in a way, this is not doing the RF any good. I mean if the bodyguards are pointed out then the "stalkers" :angry: will know who to distract or whatever. Sorry. Protective Dennis once again shows up and he is being too paranoid.

Expressobladet must have felt the pressure from Daniel Nyhlén at Aftonbladet, because of their long article - like they didn't wanna look like the "bad guy" in all this... :angry: They had to counter with something. And the article in Expressobladet is written by Johan T Lindwall - and he (I guess) doesn't wanna look like a not-knowing fool in front of his pals. You know he's "one in the gang" in Stockholm together with other media people.

But it's crazy - talking about contradicting yourself! :wacko:

Interesting...interesting...Victoria in 1998:
Såg du VM-finalen mellan Frankrike och Brasilien, förresten?
– Ja, lite grann.

Reporter: BTW Have you seen the world championship finale between France and Brazil
Victoria: -Yes, a little bit.

And now she´s totally crazy about soccer...love can change a lot ;)

"- De ska på ett hemligt midsommarfirande." (from the Expressen-article)
I wonder how secret a midsommar-party can be, when Expressen already knows that it will take place! And as much as I know people celebrate midsommar OUTSIDE...so they could be an easy prey for Expressobladet...

The Swedes here...do you celebrate midsommar, and when yes, how?

The Swedes here...do you celebrate midsommar, and when yes, how
ofcourse.. thats one of the biggest holidays of the year here in sweden. its when we dance around a dead tree pretending to be frogs you know :p
gotta love that! :lol:
I used to love midsummer when I was a kid. Having flowers in the hair and picnic on the beach.... aww, wonderful!
but now when I´m a little older its a more "normal day" with some barbecue with friends and hopefully (if it stops raining B)) a swim in the sea

Originally posted by Yennie@Jun 21st, 2004 - 7:06 pm
The Swedes here...do you celebrate midsommar, and when yes, how
ofcourse.. thats one of the biggest holidays of the year here in sweden. its when we dance around a dead tree pretending to be frogs you know :p
Thank you Yennie... now after you´ve said that with the "frog-dance" I really hope for some Paparazzi-pix of Victoria and Daniel at Midsommar...and maybe Daniel will wear flowers around his trucker-cap :p ;)

Well, probably they will celebrate it like you yennie...a little barbecue (vegetables on the grill and thinned/watered lätt öl (light beer) :p ) with friends...and there they should be left alone.

Swedish Midsummer:

The weekend closest to the "real" midsummer day is when the Swedes hold their big summer festival, vaguely descended from a pagan summer solstice festival. This feast is celebrated in the heart of the Nature, and on the days before Midsummer the Swedes leave towns and cities for country cottages, camping sites and marinas.

The oldest custom at Midsummer is, as in other parts of Europe, the lighting of a great bonfire, but in these latitudes the lightest night of the year was not the right time for dancing around a fire. So the bonfires were replaced by another early summer tradition; the maypole, part of the May Day celebrations on the Continent. Because of the cold northern climate, there were not enough leaves and flowers to be found on May 1st, hence the transformation of the continental maypole into a Swedish "Midsummer pole".

On the afternoon of Midsummer Eve, people gather for traditional games and ring-dancing around the maypole. Afterwards, they enjoy a traditional dinner of fresh potatoes and pickled herring of different sorts. Almost always, there is beer and schnapps to drink and strawberries with whipped cream for dessert.

Popular places for celebrating Midsummer are the islands Öland and Gotland, the Stockholm archipelago and outside Bohuslän on the west coast, but above all in the tourist parts of the province of Dalarna (Dalecarlia).
(Text from the Swedish Institute)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much for all this information, GrandDuchess :flower: So far I was rather familar with "Midsommar" in dramas/thrillers (all are happy...and suddenly- bang-some of them are dead) Oh, and I knew that there hectoliters of alcohol are floating ;)
Strange that there aren´t many pictures of the Royal family celebrating midsommer (I only know the ones of Victoria in NYC and the few of Madeleine last year)...I mean as you´ve said it´s very important for Sweden...

BTW here we have this bonfire-tradition too...then we jump over the fire (once a classmate of mine collided with his brother and fell in the fire)

Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 22nd, 2004 - 1:17 am
Just as good that its not DYL ..... couldn't have every-one thinking of dill or worse dill pickles :p
But "dill" would be very typical for the swedish kitchen :p So it would fit...as the YLD-trio is partly swedish and partly very interested in Sweden.

Have I already commented Daniel´s jacket ?! Well, I can´t decide if it looks like something he has dug out of the earth or if it looks, as if he has stolen it from a dosser. Well, I don´t want to offend Daniel (I even like him every new day more...), but this jacket is simply too sleazy for my taste!

More photos from Victoria & Daniel in front of Daniel´s apartment:

Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling - 20040715

EXCLUSIVE Borgholm, Oland, Sweden - Crown Princess Victoria and her boyfriend Daniel Westling enjoy a private moment during a walk on Alvaret near Borgholm Castle. After the birthday-celebrations yesterday, parts of which Daniel was not allowed to take part in due to royal etiquette, Victoria and Daniel can enjoy the rest of their holiday together.

Victoria & Daniel W - Thread Part 2

Victoria lurade pappa kungen

Kronprinsessan Victoria lurade pappa kungen. Inför 10 316 personer i Globen visade hon officiellt för första gången upp pojkvännen Daniel Westling.
– Det här var en demonstration från hennes sida. Hon har bestämt sig för Daniel, berättar en i hennes vänkrets.

Det var i går kväll i Globen som Victoria genomförde sin kupp. Hon var i Globen för att titta på Sverige mot Finland i en träningslandskamp inför World Cup. Hon var där som officiell representant för hovet och i hennes veckoprogram stod det:
”Kronprinsessan, 19.00, närvaro vid matchen Sverige–Finland, World Cup of Hockey 2004, Globen.”

Men det ingen visste var att hon i sin roll som kronprinsessa skulle överraska alla. När Victoria satte sig på vip-läktaren fanns en annan person på samma bänkrad – pojkvännen Daniel Westling.
– Det var en jättebra match, sa Victoria till Expressen, när hon glatt lämnade Globen efter att Sverige i förlängning gjort 2–1.

Såg varmt på varandra
Paret var mycket engagerat och följde matchen med spänning, men tittade med jämna mellanrum varmt mot varandra.
– Det här hade ingen räknat med. Inte ens kungen. Han visste att Victoria skulle dit, då det var med i kungafamiljens program, berättar en av kronprinsessans vänner.

Denne fortsätter:
– Men att hon skulle ta med sig Daniel Westling hade han ingen aning om. Ingen förutom några vänner visste om detta.
– Kungen lär inte bli vidare glad när han får reda på detta. Det var kanske därför Victoria garderade sig genom att låta en av polarna sitta mellan.
Victorias beslut att i går visa upp Daniel Westling i ett officiellt sammanhang är banbrytande.

Kronprinsessan har aldrig tidigare tagit med Daniel Westling eller tidigare pojkvännen Daniel Collert vid någon officiell programpunkt.

”Trött på allt smygande”
– Hon är trött på allt smygande. Victoria vill nu en gång för alla visa för omvärlden att det är Westling som gäller, säger en av vännerna.
– Alla i hennes vänkrets är nu snart gifta och hon känner väl att det snart är dags för henne. Det här kan vara ett av de första stora stegen till det.

Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, informationschef vid hovet, säger:
– Det här var inget officiellt framträdande.
Men det stod ju med i kungafamiljens veckoprogram?
– Det var ett offentligt framträdande, inget officiellt, det är stor skillnad. Det handlar absolut inte om en markering från kronprinsessans sida.

Last edited by a moderator:
some V & D news....
This week Svensk Damtidning writes that Victoria and Daniel went to USA a few weeks ago...
I havent heard anything about this before.. anyone? any pics?

They went to the USA-without telling us?! ;)
This time they really were clever...maybe they were at a place, which isn´t a "stronghold" for Paparazzis (Philadelphia comes to my mind-Dennis, did you offer them a hideout ;) )
I´m quite sure, that we won´t see pictures of this trip. Probably the only pictures of it are on Victoria´s or Daniel´s photo-chip or hard disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom