Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, Current Events Part 1: Sept 2003-December 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Alexandria+May 12th, 2004 - 2:18 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ May 12th, 2004 - 2:18 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@May 12th, 2004 - 6:47 am
Ok...I admit it...I know it´s very intolerant...and I don´t say that all her songs are terrible....but...I usually snigger at people, who go to Britney Spears concerts AND who are older than 16 years.  :innocent:
I'd snicker, too, Lena! I think I did spit out a bit of tea when I read that article. What on earth could Victoria and Daniel been thinking when they went to this concert?! :wacko: I can just hear Victoria humming along to "Oops! I Did it Again!" as she takes her seat at the Danish wedding this Friday ... :innocent: [/b][/quote]
:lol:
Victoria at a wedding and humming it...maybe she will decide there, that "oops, I did it again" would be the perfect song for her wedding, and she will invite Britney as special guest. And to celebrate the couple Britney wears her famous trucker-caps :innocent:

Hehe Alex, I´m just imaging, that you always spit your tea, when you read or see something strange, that "our" Royals did... I bet on Friday your computer monitor will be "watered" with a whole cup of tea (dresses, hair-dos...)

t4p Lena! I like Victorias outfit! Really nice...
But we gotta get Daniel to loose the trucker caps NOW! :yuk:

Originally posted by Lena@May 12th, 2004 - 9:35 am
:lol:
Victoria at a wedding and humming it...maybe she will decide there, that "oops, I did it again" would be the perfect song for her wedding, and she will invite Britney as special guest. And to celebrate the couple Britney wears her famous trucker-caps :innocent:
Whose idea do you think it was to go to the Britney Spears concert? Victoria's or Daniel's?
:rolleyes:

And what do you think their favourite Britney song is? My vote goes to either "I'm a Slave 4 U," "One Kiss From You," or "Baby One More Time." :innocent: Maybe one of these songs could be Victoria and Daniel's song; they could have Britney come and sing it to them live during their wedding reception.

Hehe Alex, I´m just imaging, that you always spit your tea, when you read or see something strange, that "our" Royals did"... I bet on Friday your computer monitor will be "watered" with a whole cup of tea (dresses, hair-dos...)

It's a shame that my new computer is white ... coffee and tea stain! If I have to read another story about Victoria and Daniel going to a Britney Spears or Hillary Duff concert, my computer is going to be awash in tea and coffee indeed! :p I always find it interesting and oddly amusing to hear about royals attending rock concerts. I don't know why, but I find it hard to picture the various princes and princesses of the royal houses attending rock concerts--probably because I envision them going in not in jeans and a t-shirt but in their full regala wear: tiaras, diamond parues, gowns with trains, tuxes or morning suits, uniforms, sashes and all! It gives me a chuckle to think of say, Felipe and Letizia "rockin' out" to say Matchbox 20 or Rod Stewart! (But I think Victoria and Daniel at a Britney Spears concert is beyond even my imagination!) She did wear a nice outfit though. A tiara would've been the perfect accessory with that jacket, however! :innocent:

Mabye they should have taken Madleine along so that she gets a inspiration for a new dress :)

Yennie  Posted: May 13th, 2004 - 4:19 am

He now owns two gyms.
Nice to hear that his business is growing (...I wonder ;) now if he's coaching at one, and CPV is at the other?)

Victoria and Daniel on the way to the Altar?

From Aftonbladet...maybe I will translate it later:

Victoria och Daniel på väg mot altaret?

Vännen: Hon har själv sagt att det är hennes tur nu

Här återförenas kronprinsessan Victoria med sin Daniel.
Efter att ha varit på kronprinsbröllop i Danmark längtar hon efter att förlova sig.
- Det kan bli redan till hösten, säger en av hennes vänner.
Kronprinsessan Victoria och pojkvännen Daniel Westling har varit ett par i drygt två år.
Deras vänner är nu så förväntansfulla att de tror att förlovningen äger rum redan till hösten.
Som Aftonbladet tidigare har avslöjat så har Daniel och Victoria redan diskuterat saken med kungaparet.
- Det sker inom en snar framtid, kanske efter sommaren, berättar en initierad källa.

Gick hand i hand
Daniel Westling har, trots sin relativt enkla uppväxt i Ockelbo, snabbt blivit en populär kille i Victorias kompisgäng. Han är omtyckt och vännerna har bara positiva saker att säga.
- Genomtrevlig, rak, ärlig och en kille med stor humor.
Victoria och Daniel tillbringar det mesta av sin lediga tid med varandra. I går var kronprinsessan hemma i pojkvännens lägenhet på Östermalm i Stockholm. Paret lämnade lägenheten hand i hand.

Rollen som make
- Hon har själv skrattat och sagt att det är hennes tur nu, berättar vännen.
Fram till dess förbereder Daniel Westling sig för rollen som make till kronprinsessan. Han har förändrats och accepterar nu offentligheten på ett helt annat sätt än tidigare. Exempelvis blir han inte längre lika irriterad på fotografer och journalister.
- Det tog ett tag, och det förstår man ju. Han kastades in i det offentliga livet över en natt, men nu har Daniel fattat att han måste köpa den biten, säger vännen.

FÖRLOVNING PÅ GÅNG? När Victoria kom hem från prinsbröllopet i Köpenhamn åkte hon raka vägen hem till pojkvännen Daniel Westling på Östermalm. Enligt en vän planerar paret att förlova sig - redan till hösten.

Flera av kronprinsessans kompisar har gift sig
Enligt Aftonbladets uppgiftslämnare känner Victoria sig redo för förlovning.
Under de senaste åren har de flesta av hennes väninnor gift sig. Victorias klasskamrat från Enskilda gymnasiet,
Leoni Gillberg, gifte sig med H&M-arvingen Karl Johan Persson. Hennes bästis Caroline Svedin sa ja till Peder Dinkelspiel. Väninnan Andrea Brodin och Niclas
Engsäll blev äkta makar i somras. Och i juni gifter sig Victorias kompisar Lina Tham och Tom Davidson med varandra.

Article

New picture of Victoria and Daniel

Uh oh, a certain American and valued member of this board isn't going to like reading this... :doh:

Daniel needs to get rid of those bloody hats NOW! I'm trying to think of a time when he HASN'T worn them and all I can come up with is that wedding. Ugh

Originally posted by HardCorrVictoria@May 17th, 2004 - 8:32 am
Daniel needs to get rid of those bloody hats NOW! I'm trying to think of a time when he HASN'T worn them and all I can come up with is that wedding. Ugh
Do you think Daniel might be balding a bit hence all the hats all the time? :innocent:

I wonder, too, if he knows that wearing hats can lead to baldness? Something about the friction between the material of the hat, heat (sweat?) rubbing up against your head constantly that can lead to bald spots. Sort of like a baby who sleeps on his/her back and has that "missing" patch of hair at the back of his/her head because of the pillow rubbing up against it. Something for Daniel to think about. Can we find a way to e-mail this info to him?! :p

Originally posted by Alexandria@May 17th, 2004 - 2:20 pm
Can we find a way to e-mail this info to him?! :p
:lol: Maybe you should try future_prince_of_sweden@yahoo.se ;)

Yes, I think I´ve heard this info too...but I think in the opposite to the hormonal caused hair loss the hair grows again, when you stop wearing caps (or when you stop wearing a ponytail all the time...there you can also loose a lot of hair :p )

Anyway I hope in the case of a wedding he goes to a hairdresser and wouldn´t wear a hat during the ceremony (also not a top hat or something like that) Well, to shorten this...if he would look as open, as loving, as caring, and as regal as Frederik on his wedding day, then I would give my ok (which wouldn´t matter for him and his bride ;) ) :p

Originally posted by Alexandria+May 17th, 2004 - 8:20 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ May 17th, 2004 - 8:20 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HardCorrVictoria@May 17th, 2004 - 8:32 am
Daniel needs to get rid of those bloody hats NOW! I'm trying to think of a time when he HASN'T worn them and all I can come up with is that wedding.  Ugh
Do you think Daniel might be balding a bit hence all the hats all the time? :innocent:
[/b][/quote]
Maybe his motto is:

Just in Bed with a hat ;)

Originally posted by mixer2002de@May 17th, 2004 - 6:58 pm

Maybe his motto is:

Just in Bed with a hat  ;)
Hm, this sentence let a lot of space for speculations ;)
Do you mean, that he a) believes the rumour that bald men are the real "supermen" in bed (have to think of Albie of Monaco at once ;) ) or b ) that Victoria has a "cap-fetish" (which would surprise me...Daniel1 never wore hats/caps...) :p or anything else?

Anyway there has to be a reason for his "cap-mania". In the 2 years of their relationship he always wore these caps. But were such caps all of this time modern???

Originally posted by Lena+May 17th, 2004 - 2:35 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ May 17th, 2004 - 2:35 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mixer2002de@May 17th, 2004 - 6:58 pm

Maybe his motto is:

Just in Bed with a hat  ;)
Hm, this sentence let a lot of space for speculations ;)
Do you mean, that he a) believes the rumour that bald men are the real "supermen" in bed (have to think of Albie of Monaco at once ;) ) or b ) that Victoria has a "cap-fetish" (which would surprise me...Daniel1 never wore hats/caps...) :p or anything else?

Anyway there has to be a reson for his "cap-mania". In the 2 years of their relationships he always wore these caps. But were such caps all of this time modern??? [/b][/quote]
baldy man like the English comedy a really in. :woot:

but a hat can be something else, you have not mentioned up to now!

My friend in Sweden doesn't mind the hats..she said that they are in style at the moment. Even so, there is such a thing as overkill Daniel. :wacko:

My friend in Sweden doesn't mind the hats..she said that they are in style at the moment
yes they are very in style at the moment. so Daniel must be a fashion slave :p

I guess you´ve never seen Daniel that excited before!

Daniel at a Basketball-match in February (Ockelbo vs. too-lazy-to-look-for-the-name). He was there without Victoria, but I think the two people (the man almost covered of Daniel and the woman) right next to him are Mamma and Pappa Westling (?)

Originally posted by HardCorrVictoria@May 17th, 2004 - 8:32 am
Uh oh, a certain American and valued member of this board isn't going to like reading this... :doh:

Daniel needs to get rid of those bloody hats NOW! I'm trying to think of a time when he HASN'T worn them and all I can come up with is that wedding.  Ugh
Well, that´s okay. Used to it all. I saw the article when it was published. As for the rest of the comments since the article, well, I will just say that I am no fan of the caps nor their wearer. :grrr: Ha ha ha.

article from march about the interview with Daniel Westling in "En Spänn", his old school paper...

En spänn ute - först med kvällspressens önskeintervju

Nu är den ute. Skoltidningen som hann först med det halva svenska pressen suktat efter - en intervju med kronprinsessan Viktorias pojkvän, Daniel Westling från Ockelbo.I En spänns intervju pratar han ut om hembygden, familjen och träningen, men inte om sin flickvän.

Det började inte bra. När Mikaela Olsson fick telefonsamtalet från Daniel Westling där han tackade ja till sin allra första intervju tog hennes batteri slut precis när hon skulle få hans
e-postaddress så att de kunde bestämma datum.
- Det var nervöst. Jag var rädd att han inte skulle ringa tillbaka igen efter det men det gjorde han, berättar Mikaela Olsson.
Och intervju blev det.
Men några frågor om Victoria fick Mikaela och hennes klasskamrater Anna och Linn Johansson som gjorde intervjun inte ställa.
Berättade om sig själv
Under den timme de fick honom för sig själva berättade han om sig själv, om hur mycket hans familj betyder för honom och, naturligtvis, om skoltiden på Perslundaskolan där favoritämnet var idrott.
- Jag sportade så mycket på min fritid att läxläsningen tyvärr blev lidande, säger han till dem med ett skratt .
Han berättar också att han regelbundet kommer tillbaka till Ockelbo och att familj och vänner där är värdefulla för honom.
- Naturligtvis betyder min trygga barndom mycket och det har gett mig en stabil plattform att bygga vidare på.
Sedan intervjun gjordes har En spänn-redaktionen fått mycket uppmärksamhet. I en krönika i tidningen berättar Mikaela Olsson själv om alla frågor från människor i omgivningen. Hon har också blivit intervjuad i både Arbetarbladet och Expressen.
- Aftonbladet ringde också men då var jag inte hemma.
Spänningen inför vad som komma skulle blev inte mindre av att tidningen dröjde. Egentligen skulle den kommit redan för en vecka sedan men det förhindrades av strul med tryckeriet.
- Det var inte roligt. Jag skulle egentligen blivit intervjuad med Anna och Linn men nu är de i Sälen. Men det känns bra att den har kommit nu. Och det blev ju bra också.
15 000 exemplar tryckta
Det gick inte att ta miste på entusiasmen hos den församlade En spänn-redaktionen när den första tidningsbunten dök upp
i går eftermiddag. Tidningen kommer nu ut i tabloidformatet, samma format som Arbetarbladet, och i en betydligt större upplaga än tidigare. Hela 15 000 exemplar är tryckta.
- Egentligen skulle vi nog kunna sälja ännu fler men vi ska inte tjäna pengar på det här. Vi ska täcka kostnaderna för tryckningen och överskottet skickar vi till hjälpsändningar, säger Ulf Gräsberg, lärare på Pärslundaskolan och ansvarig utgivare för En spänn.

Fotnot: Om du vill köpa ett eget nummer av En spänn, skriv till redaktionen på e-post: redaktionen@
enspann.com eller ring på
telefonnummer
073-584 52 37.

Hmm, could some (very nice, very appreciated) Swede help me out :flower: I "get" the text translated, but I´m not sure about a few things, and so I wonder if someone (who is really good in Swedish) could translate it (to get sure):

Cecilia Hagen: Jag slår gärna ett slag för Daniel

Jag hade planerat att ägna hela den här spalten åt Michael Parkinson, BBC:s kändisintervjuare som nu går att beskåda i såväl SVT som BBC Prime. Dagliga dags känns det som.
Han är en sån söt liten gråhårsgubbe och alla kändisarna, oavsett nivå, svassar för honom och tackar för att han vill tala med dem. Och sen sitter han där, i lördags, med Meg Ryan, hon den gulliga, hon med den fejkade orgasmen i "Harry möter Sally". Hon svassar inte.
Redan på förhand vet jag hur det ska gå, att hon kommer att vara hårresande otrevlig emot honom. Det läste jag i både engelska och svenska tidningar när programmet sänts första gången.
Men det dröjer inte länge förrän jag märker att det är precis tvärtom, det är Michael Parkinson som är häpnadsväckande otrevlig mot henne. Hon svarar vänligt, om än lite svalt, på hans frågor, trots att hela han visar hur provocerad han är av att hon inte är den hanterliga lilla fnittertippa han förväntat sig.
Jag kommer att ha svårt för Parky efter detta. Så bra att BBC tröttnat på honom och att han nu försvinner i väg till ITV.

Detta om Parkinson. Över till anledningen att han inte fick hela detta utrymme, över till Westling.
Jag får stup i kvarten mejl med ungefär följande innehåll:
"Snälla Cecilia, jag vore tacksam om du ville slå ett slag för Daniel Westling, som jag läser om härnere i Expressenartiklar.
Det tycks vara så, att han inte duger.
Men varför alltid skildra honom som en medelmåtta med dåliga engelskkunskaper?
Beskriv honom i stället som den driftige affärsman han är, som redan innan 30 år byggt upp ett blomstrande företag. Det kallar jag intelligent och ekonomiskt begåvat.
Dåliga engelskkunskaper är väl det lättaste av allt att reparera.
När kungen blev kung var väl inte alla helt störtimponerade heller.
Det tycks ha gått vägen i alla fall.
Skötsam och lugn är han också, Daniel. Hänger förmodligen inte i takkronorna på fester, vilket kungen sägs ha gjort under sina gladaste år.
För Victorias välbefinnande hoppas jag att de tu blir ett, som det heter.
Anna L, Paris"

Jag slår så gärna ett slag för Daniel. Och är jag korrekt underrättad så kommer han och Victoria att gifta sig oavsett vem som tycker vad och varför.
Även om pappa kungen och mamma drottningen spjärnar. Särskilt mamma lär inte vara glad åt den förestående alliansen, viskas det i slottskorridorerna. Och hennes inofficiella språkrör, vännerna, tar varje tillfälle i akt att låta undslippa sig uppenbart dikterade kritiska tankar om Daniel och hans bildning.
Vilket väl kan uppfattas som att kasta sten i glasslott.
Oavsett hur han har det med engelskan, Daniel, så lär han ha pluggat tyska som besatt härom sommaren, för att kunna prata med alla drottningens släktingar på Solliden. Och hans svenska kan ingen anmärka på.

Kommer man själv från en vanlig medelklassfamilj och gifter in sig i ett kungahus, då tycks det ofta kännas extra viktigt att få de egna barnen bortgifta med andra prinsar och prinsessor eller nästintill. Detta går säkert att förklara i psykologiska termer.
Men de lär få ge sig nu, både drottningen och kungen, om de fortsättningsvis ska kunna upprätthålla goda relationer med sin äldsta dotter.
Och jag tror att de flesta svenskar, rojalister eller ej, är fullt beredda att acceptera Daniel som prinsgemål. Eller vad man nu hittar på att kalla gossen.

i think congratulations are in order .... these two have managed the scoop of the century !

They have gotten the press/media off their back, and got a relationship going that we can only dream about !!! :)

I guess he knows that, and LIKES it (like the trucker caps). We don´t know why, but it seems so...he hasn´t changed this style in the 2 years of relationship. Actually 2 and a half, but we "know" him only for 2 years. BTW 2 and half years is a long time. KC is right, it´s amazing how they manage it to keep it going (on). On the other hand they haven´t much time for each other (Victoria has to do her duties, and now every week to attend a wedding ;) and Daniel starts to work at 7am and work till the late evening) so they probably also haven´t much time to quarrel and try to enjoy the precious minutes together.

...plus, Daniel is running between 2 gyms now.
Busy, busy, busy .... nothing like making money grow.

Wonder how he travels between the two, by car, bus, taxi or tube?

Originally posted by King Christian@May 29th, 2004 - 10:46 pm
...plus, Daniel is running between 2 gyms now.
Busy, busy, busy .... nothing like making money grow.

Wonder how he travels between the two, by car, bus, taxi or tube?
:lol: Hey, that´s super-sporty Danny...he´s running. As far as I know both gyms are in the same "posh" area of Stockholm, so it´s probably not a big deal to run/go. I only fear that this running makes his legs even more skinnier. His legs are already now skinnier than the ones of his girlfriend!

Originally posted by King Christian@May 29th, 2004 - 3:10 pm
i think congratulations are in order .... these two have managed the scoop of the century !

They have gotten the press/media off their back, and got a relationship going that we can only dream about !!! :)
What do you mean? "Got the media off their backs?" I don´t think they have yet. The media has been rather critical of Victoria and D2 together and separately.

Dennism  Posted: May 30th, 2004 - 1:17 am

What do you meant? "Got the media off their backs?" I don´t think they have yet. The media has been rather critical of Victoria and D2 together and separately.
Oh .. I missed have something ... seeing I don't read Swedish media, I got the impression from a lack of pics that the media couldn't find the side door.

Originally posted by King Christian@May 30th, 2004 - 2:21 am
Dennism  Posted: May 30th, 2004 - 1:17 am

What do you meant? "Got the media off their backs?" I don´t think they have yet. The media has been rather critical of Victoria and D2 together and separately.
Oh .. I missed have something ... seeing I don't read Swedish media, I got the impression from a lack of pics that the media couldn't find the side door.
Well, they are written about enough. I mean the lack of photos means nothing.

"I mean the lack of photos means nothing" ... meaning ????

There are articles and sometimes they are not allowed to take photos. Or Victoria and the writer and or photographer agree to one photo and a story and so on. Something like that if I recall correctly.

Originally posted by Dennism+May 30th, 2004 - 7:17 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dennism @ May 30th, 2004 - 7:17 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-King Christian@May 29th, 2004 - 3:10 pm

What do you mean? "Got the media off their backs?" I don´t think they have yet. The media has been rather critical of Victoria and D2 together and separately. [/b][/quote]
I wouldn´t agree on that! Expressen has now sold enough newspapers with the "the king doesn´t like Daniel"-story...but in recent times they didn´t write anything bad about Daniel. And the other tabloids haven´t really written bad things about him! Why should they?! Most of the Swedes seem to be happy with the idea of a prince Daniel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom