Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, Current Events Part 1: Sept 2003-December 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Lena@Apr 11th, 2004 - 2:28 pm
:lol: Does this mean, that we will see a prince Daniel in the future, who comes to the Nobel prize award with a cap (with his Royal monogramme on it ;) )??
A baseball cap with a royal monogram on it would be something different. I guess it would have to be black though for a balck tie affair, like the Nobel Prize or something ... :p And a royal monogramed fedora for less formal occasions ...

You said, members of the government...I´m sure, that the government does a check-up with every Royal-to-be. And they probably take it more serious, when they see, that the people (future voters!) disrelish the "new" Royal.
But who is the court...the spokesmen, the advisors, the servants, the ladies in waiting, noble and high society people in Sweden, relatives of the Royal couple, the Royal couple together, or only the king??...

I was just commenting in general that when a Crown Prince (Princess in this case) is seriously interested in someone and that that someone might be the King/Queen consort there is probably some looking into their background. Whether it is by the government or members of the royal court, advisors/lawyers, etc. who do it, I am not sure. Maybe it is different in every country? In the Netherlands it seems the government is involved a lot with the royal family (Mabel-gate, Margarita-gate, etc.), but in Sweden it seems government involvement is much less so, but I am not sure.

Well normally the government would check wether a future spouse of a reigning royal could be a serious threat to te state. (e.g. a spy, a criminal etc.) In the Netherlands the secret service "checked" the princesses to be in advance. So i think the government in Sweden would do a check up too and they might have the secret service check a future royal. Finally if the secret service would find something unappropriate they might say no. And of course they might tell the current king why they decided no! Just no would be unfair. I think that the Netherlands did not handle the "mable-gate affair" quite good!
Also a spy or a criminal as a spouse would not fit quite good for a head of state.

How is the secret service in Sweden called...I think I´ve never heard of a secret service in Sweden (isn´t it commissar Wallander, who does all the work ;) )...it´s not easy for me to imagine that such a little peaceful country as Sweden has a secret service...but they probably have. And when the past of the future prince consort is their only sorrow-good.
Daniel II a spy and criminal...I think Dennis would cry out of happiness, if it would be this way (yeah Dennis...maybe he´s a member of the russian mafia and has blackmailed all the other gyms in Stockholm ;) ). Well, I doubt, that Mr. Westling has a criminal past...he´s probably as innocent as a new born baby (at least when we talk about delinquency)...I think his boring character is rather a danger for the monarchy...but we will see.

Well Sweden is a leading exporter of military goods, as far as I know. They sell their military equipment worldwide to nearly everyone who can pay. As they are neutral in military sense its much easier for them to sell than for other countries. It is said that the money thats included with the nobel prizes (included the peace prize) comes from revenues of selling weapons. Even if i think this is an pervert idea.
So it it would be a essentially good idea to have a secret service. And if nobody knows even better.

BtW: I never said that someone is a criminal or a spy!

I´m not surprised that Sweden as neutral country produces weapons for other countries. Neutral countries were always indirectly involved in military conflicts of other countries and will probably always be... but to discuss this would last very long and is really OT.
I´ve thought the prize money at the Nobel prize award is paid of the interest of Alfred Nobel´s fortune (which is already ironical enough...I mean Alfred Nobel has invented the dynamite...which you can´t really link to peace). But who actually pays the ceremony itself...the government or better said the taxpayers...and the arms manufacturer are probably "good" taxpayers...(?)

I didn´t want to say or claim that Daniel W. is a spy or criminal...that´s why I wrote "if it WOULD be this way"...

Originally posted by Lena@Apr 11th, 2004 - 8:36 pm

I´ve thought the prize money at the Nobel prize award is paid of the interest of Alfred Nobel´s fortune (which is already ironical enough...I mean Alfred Nobel has invented the dynamite...which you can´t really link to peace).
While Nobel was aware of the military usage of dynamite, he was very much against it. He was a pacifist. He believed in its usage in construction.

Originally posted by Dennism+Apr 11th, 2004 - 7:46 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dennism @ Apr 11th, 2004 - 7:46 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Apr 11th, 2004 - 8:36 pm

I´ve thought the prize money at the Nobel prize award is paid of the interest of Alfred Nobel´s fortune (which is already ironical enough...I mean Alfred Nobel has invented the dynamite...which you can´t really link to peace).
While Nobel was aware of the military usage of dynamite, he was very much against it. He was a pacifist. He believed in its usage in construction. [/b][/quote]
You´re of course right...it´s not just his idea of a peace award, but also his great dedication to the peace movement, which made him to a real pacifist. But this doesn´t change the irony and his tragic role in history. In his opinion his invention should have helped people, but though it´s a fact, that it destroyed a lot of lifes too...

True. It is a great irony.

Dennism  Posted: Apr 11th, 2004 - 7:46 pm

While Nobel was aware of the military usage of dynamite, he was very much against it. He was a pacifist. He believed in its usage in construction.

I'm slightly cynical ... I wonder if Nobel became a pacifist before or after he made hsi billions.

How is the secret service in Sweden called...I think I´ve never heard of a secret service in Sweden (isn´t it commissar Wallander, who does all the work  )...it´s not easy for me to imagine that such a little peaceful country as Sweden has a secret service...but they probably have.

Swedish talent with signals intelligence helped little Finland hold out against big Stalin and Sweden was a major funnel of intelligence from Nazi Europe to the UK. The Danes and the Swedes colluded very quickly to transfer the vast bulk of Denmark's Jewish population to Sweden essentially overnight. More recently, the SAAB 37 Viggen interceptor had a shared information feature that was top secret.

Well Sweden is a leading exporter of military goods, as far as I know. They sell their military equipment worldwide to nearly everyone who can pay. As they are neutral in military sense its much easier for them to sell than for other countries.

The Swedes also have a serious arms export policy. The SAAB 37, to my awareness, was not exported although it was the best 35 000 lb. fighter of its day (don't laugh, the Phantom weighed over 40 000 lbs. and manouvered like a furniture van). The SAAB 35 Draken was exported to few countries and it was the best of its day.

Just to make a few things clear from my side...

# The Director of the Royal Information and Press Office (or any one else in its staff), Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, does not comment on Daniel Westling because he is not a member of the Royal House of Sweden. This is a principal matter, and according to protocoll. The Royal Court does not handle or comment things which do not involve members of the Royal House or the work of the Royal Court.

# Officially, the Royal Court does not check Daniel's background etc., but I would say it is a given that they do. Also SÄPO (the Swedish Security Police) who is responsible for the security of the members of the Royal House, surely do check up's on every new person entering the circle around the Royal House.

# A member of the Royal House of Sweden cannot marry without the approval of The King and the Government. If he/she does, that person looses his place in the Order of Succession.

# The prize sums for the Nobel Prize's are payed for by The Nobel Foundation (read more at The Nobel Foundation website) and the invested fortune which they handle.

# Sweden is a neutral country. That means we do not take sides in wars or conflicts. When we sell military materiel, there are some criterias that the buying party must meet. For example, Sweden does not sell military materiel to countries in war or conflicts.

Originally posted by GrandDuchess@Apr 12th, 2004 - 5:39 pm

# The prize sums for the Nobel Prize's are payed for by The Nobel Foundation (read more at The Nobel Foundation website) and the invested fortune which they handle.

And how is this foundation financed..."only" of Alfred Nobel´s fortune? And is the whole ceremony paid of this fortune, or also of the state?

BTW Daniel Westling seems to get along well with the Säpo-guys (they are probably fan of sports too ;) )

Daniel talking to the Säpo-guy

Originally posted by Lena@Apr 12th, 2004 - 9:56 pm
BTW Daniel Westling seems to get along well with the Säpo-guys (they are probably fan of sports too ;) )

Daniel talking to the Säpo-guy
I am not familiar with the Säpo-guys -- who are they exactly? Victoria doesn't seem as amused by their companion in the suit as Daniel obviously is.

In the opposite to the reporters of Expressen, Daniel Nyhlen always makes sure that he´s in the picture too ;)
It´s nice to see, that the siblings spend time together...I bet they watched "farmen" and "big brother" together ;)

I can´t find a single site, which explains clearly, what the job of the SÄPO-police is!

On the posts above:

# To read about SÄPO and their work, you may visit their official website by clicking here. It also has an English version.

# I think that The Nobel Foundation pays for the whole Prize Ceremony and everything that is around it. The State I believe, "chipps in" when it comes to security around all the arrangements, with police officers etc.

@Grandduchess
Thanks a lot for the Säpo-link :flower: I wonder, why I didn´t find it "by googling" today...

Originally posted by Lena@Apr 13th, 2004 - 6:51 pm
And in the case of Victoria I hope that she will be something like a "tutor" or "teacher" for the younger female successor-generation...I can already see it "Victoria´s Queen school, opened in 2020" ;)
Of course her hubby Daniel could be in charge of the phys ed dept.

gogm  Posted: Apr 12th, 2004 - 2:13 am
How is the secret service in Sweden called...I think I´ve never heard of a secret service in Sweden (isn´t it commissar Wallander, who does all the work  )...it´s not easy for me to imagine that such a little peaceful country as Sweden has a secret service...but they probably have.

Swedish talent with signals intelligence helped little Finland hold out against big Stalin
I didn't know that.
and Sweden was a major funnel of intelligence from Nazi Europe to the UK.
and a major funnel to the Nazi's I wouldn't be surprised.

Its also pretty well speculated that the (some) Swedes benefited a lot (in gold) from the Nazi's during that war.
The Danes and the Swedes colluded very quickly to transfer the vast bulk of Denmark's Jewish population to Sweden essentially overnight.
I didn't know that.
More recently, the SAAB 37 Viggen interceptor had a shared information feature that was top secret.
Meaning ?????

Well Sweden is a leading exporter of military goods, as far as I know. They sell their military equipment worldwide to nearly everyone who can pay. As they are neutral in military sense its much easier for them to sell than for other countries.
The Swedes also have a serious arms export policy. The SAAB 37, to my awareness, was not exported although it was the best 35 000 lb. fighter of its day (don't laugh, the Phantom weighed over 40 000 lbs. and manouvered like a furniture van). The SAAB 35 Draken was exported to few countries and it was the best of its day.
I read the other year that Volvo(?) is the only company outside of the USA that has an agreement with Hughes on air-to-air missiles. That comes (from the USA) when the US is seriously impressed about their competitors. Witness the GE deal on turbine engines with SNECMA of France powering 70% of all Airbuses and 50% of all B 737's.

I won't be surprised if the Swedes had an effective intelligence organ all along (since the 1700's??)... but i think it was i the last 1 -3 years I read an article that officially established that organization.

The newspaper tells that Daniel isn´t appropriate as son-in-law (then Expressen claimed, that the Royal couple thinks so) and the text in the bubble says "Did you say this here??"

Love the cartoon. I also like the one of Victoria in the "dass". Love the curlers in Silvia`s hair. Funny.

ha ha great cartoon...

has anyone seen the eclipse gum commercial where the two men are in court talking about what they had for dinner?? well the man on the left looks like a chubby gustaf!!!

Victoria and Daniel was at Britney Spears concert in Stockholm yesterday... no pictures yet but maybe soon!

here´s some articles:

Senare, efter drygt två timmar på hotellet, forslades Britney under största hemlighet till Globen där hon uppträdde för en fullsatt arena. Ett av Britneys stora fans är kronprinsessan Victoria som gick på konserten med pojkvännen Daniel Westling.
  – Det var en riktigt bra show. Jag är speciellt imponerad över hur bra Britney är på att dansa, sa hon till Aftonbladet.

Kronprinsessan Victoria: Dansen var bäst

Kronprinsessan Victoria och Daniel Westling gillade Britney Spears sexiga show.
Sist av alla lämnade de i natt musikfesten i Globen.
- Hon har bra närvaro på scenen, sa en nöjd Victoria till Expressen efteråt

När kronprinsessan Victoria och Daniel Westling lämnade arenan var Britney Spears redan på väg mot Arlanda flygplats.
Victoria och hennes pojkvän var mycket noga med att inte lämna arenan tillsammans utan sa god natt till varandra i foajén i Globens vip-ingång.
Därefter kom Daniel Westling ut och ågra minuter senare kom kronprinsessan, tätt omgiven av sina livvakter och hälsade glatt.

Sjöng med i låtarna
Victoria visade tydligt att hon är ett riktigt Britney-fan. När stjärnan körde i gång sin show i ett kokande Globen viftade Victoria högt med armarna i luften och sjöng med i låtarna.
Hon förklarade efteråt för Expressen att det hade varit en mycket trevlig kväll och att hon uppskattat Britney Spears show.
- Den var bra och händelserik, säger kronprinsessan.
Vad var bäst?
- Det var dansen tycker jag.

Victoria and Daniel was at the Britney Spears concert in Stockholm on may 11!

Kronprinsessan Victoria: Dansen var bäst

Kronprinsessan Victoria och Daniel Westling gillade Britney Spears sexiga show.
Sist av alla lämnade de i natt musikfesten i Globen.
- Hon har bra närvaro på scenen, sa en nöjd Victoria till Expressen efteråt.

När kronprinsessan Victoria och Daniel Westling lämnade arenan var Britney Spears redan på väg mot Arlanda flygplats.
Victoria och hennes pojkvän var mycket noga med att inte lämna arenan tillsammans utan sa god natt till varandra i foajén i Globens vip-ingång.
Därefter kom Daniel Westling ut och ågra minuter senare kom kronprinsessan, tätt omgiven av sina livvakter och hälsade glatt.

Sjöng med i låtarna
Victoria visade tydligt att hon är ett riktigt Britney-fan. När stjärnan körde i gång sin show i ett kokande Globen viftade Victoria högt med armarna i luften och sjöng med i låtarna.
Hon förklarade efteråt för Expressen att det hade varit en mycket trevlig kväll och att hon uppskattat Britney Spears show.
- Den var bra och händelserik, säger kronprinsessan.
Vad var bäst?
- Det var dansen tycker jag.

Thanks for this info, Yennie.

Ok...I admit it...I know it´s very intolerant...and I don´t say that all her songs are terrible....but...I usually snigger at people, who go to Britney Spears concerts AND who are older than 16 years. :innocent:

haha, really Lena. wonder what Victoria would say if she heard you :p

Originally posted by Yennie@May 12th, 2004 - 1:02 pm
haha, really Lena. wonder what Victoria would say if she heard you :p
:lol: She probably would throw her Cds of Britney at me and would shout "Buuuhhh, Brit is the coolest of all!" ;)

Originally posted by Lena@May 12th, 2004 - 6:47 am
Ok...I admit it...I know it´s very intolerant...and I don´t say that all her songs are terrible....but...I usually snigger at people, who go to Britney Spears concerts AND who are older than 16 years. :innocent:
I'd snicker, too, Lena! I think I did spit out a bit of tea when I read that article. What on earth could Victoria and Daniel been thinking when they went to this concert?! :wacko: I can just hear Victoria humming along to "Oops! I Did it Again!" as she takes her seat at the Danish wedding this Friday ... :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom