The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindygirl
I know Victoria is 167 cm, and Madde is not so much taller than her, when she stands next to her.So I don´t think she is so tall.It is the rest of her family that is short!I think Silvia is only 163 cm.
Dont forget about the heels :) they can fool you...

Both the King and Carl Philip are short to be scandinavian males. I think they are around 1.75 m

Old 09-27-2005, 07:50 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks for answering Yennie. How often do the individual official pictures change? I like Madeleine's and Carl Philip's but I want Victoria to have a nicer background that's more regal than plain white. Are their any recent pics of Madeleine going to school? It seems that the photographers don't take pictures of that kind of stuff except for the first day...i guess it's not as interesting?

Old 09-28-2005, 06:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
Thanks for answering Yennie. How often do the individual official pictures change? I like Madeleine's and Carl Philip's but I want Victoria to have a nicer background that's more regal than plain white. Are their any recent pics of Madeleine going to school? It seems that the photographers don't take pictures of that kind of stuff except for the first day...i guess it's not as interesting?
I dnt think theres a "schedule" for it. perhaps they changed the photos when the royal family wants to. Perhaps Madeleine thought it was embarrasing to have a photo of her when she was just 18 years old :)

There are many paparazzi photos taken that never get published in the magazines. When I had access to alloverpress they had new photos of Madeleine outside her apartment, shopping and things like that atleast once a week...
Old 10-21-2005, 01:47 PM
Nobility

From abacausa

Old 10-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Royal Highness

Does anyone know where, and when the pictures (above) were taken?

Old 10-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
Does anyone know where, and when the pictures (above) were taken?
1. September 2005 at Solvalla in Stockholm
2 & 3 On a gala event for Mig Big Day foundation in august 2005
4 I think this photo was taken at Röshska museeum in Gothenburg in2003
5 & 6 September 2003 at the royal palace in Stockholm during the Jordanian state visit
Old 12-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Royal Highness

Madeleine is very pretty :). But not a supermodel, just a princess. How long is winter break in Sweden for University? I'm sure she would like some time off, but I would love to see her doing more official events = more pictures! Only a few more days until we have a lot of pictures of Madeleine!
Old 12-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Madeleine is very pretty :). But not a supermodel, just a princess. How long is winter break in Sweden for University? I'm sure she would like some time off, but I would love to see her doing more official events = more pictures! Only a few more days until we have a lot of pictures of Madeleine!
The universities in Sweden dont really have a winterbreak. The fall term starts on the 1st of September and goes on until around January 20. Then the spring term starts the week after. So basiclly no holiday at all exept for the summer (almost 3 months :) )

I dont know if this is the case in all university courses, but during my two fall terms, I have spent the second part of December and the first of January writing essays.
So no holiday at all :(
Old 12-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Royal Highness

Really?! That's a long time to be in school. In America there are Thanksgiving, Winter Holidays, and Spring breaks usually. Plus around three months in the summer. If this is the case in Sweden, how do we see Madeleine going on skiing trips with her family? I believe there were pictures of her skiing in a blue suit in 2003? Maybe that was before University....
Old 12-08-2005, 09:28 PM
Courtier

Madeleine is very pretty. However, she must have a lot of make up, great highlights, nice clothes...then you can look like a supermodel. Her sister seems, to me, more down to earth and therefore prettier...simpler, natural.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Royal Highness

I think Madeleine and Victoria are different types of pretty. Both are pretty no doubt, but in different ways. I'm thinking of a picture of Madeleine, she's sitting on a chair, wearing a tank top and skirt. The chair seems to be an "official" royal looking chair. Does anybody have that photo and is it an official one and from what year? Thanks :)
Old 12-09-2005, 06:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Really?! That's a long time to be in school. In America there are Thanksgiving, Winter Holidays, and Spring breaks usually. Plus around three months in the summer. If this is the case in Sweden, how do we see Madeleine going on skiing trips with her family? I believe there were pictures of her skiing in a blue suit in 2003? Maybe that was before University....
Yes that was before she started university. She begun her art history studies in late January 2003...

And ofcourse it isn´t the same in all courses. And perhaps she took her books with her :)
Old 12-23-2005, 07:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Some random photos of Madeleine taken from the programme "Året med Kungafamiljen" on SVT. Caps made by me :)

Riding with friends at Gärdet in Stockholm / 1996

Playing at Gröna Lund the day after the Queens 50th birthday party, June 1994

Playing with dolphins at Kolmården 1993

Christmas 1985

Two caps from Året med kungafamiljen/ SVT

This time of Madeleine and her mom and dad at big sister Victorias christmas play at preschool

Old 02-23-2006, 08:41 AM
Aristocracy

She is a lucky girl to have those genes and money :)
Old 04-08-2006, 11:45 PM
Nobility

She's such a true beauty. But I like her better without a tan because her complexion looks healthier without a tan.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

http://img348.imageshack.us/my.php?i...color016pz.jpg
You can see the resemblance between madeleine and Victoria in this pic
Old 04-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

WOW!! they do look alike Both very Beatiful Young Women
Old 04-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Aristocracy

All the pix are excellent. Madeleine was such a beautifull little girl. And she has retainned her looks as a lovely young woman. What a gorgeous girl. Her eyes and smile ar brilliant.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Princess Madeleine is really beatiful...I like her smile and sparkling eyes very much. And she seems to be Victoria's senior!

Vanesa.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:32 AM
Courtier

she is indeed a beautiful lady.. i just hope she marries a prince..:( but i think that's not gonna happen now because she has a steady bf..

Tags
picture thread, princess madeleine