The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
what year is this from?
I think its from 1999. At one of her cousins wedding (could it be Sibylla?)

Old 04-30-2004, 03:19 AM
Majesty

June 7, 1994

Old 05-02-2004, 08:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Yennie@Apr 30th, 2004 - 3:09 pm
Well it has always been on June 6, but before 1983 ( I think&#33 it was only called "Svenska flaggans dag"...
thanks....

Koberg 1999-09-11
Old 05-02-2004, 04:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the dress Madeleine wore at that wedding...looks great on her!
Old 05-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
I love Madeleine´s expression in this photo.

Photo
Old 05-10-2004, 12:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

A picture of Madeleine at Stockholm university. I think its from her first day... not really sure...

Princess in the hall
Old 05-13-2004, 08:41 AM
Majesty

its time to close this thread and i hope we all meet up at the next one.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:42 AM
Majesty

Princess Madeleine Picture Thread Part 2 (May 2004-October 2004)

here you go.......

i hope to see many good pictures here

the old thread can be found here
Old 05-14-2004, 12:35 AM
Gentry

Thanks for the pictures, nouwrein! They're great. I can't wait to see what she wears to the wedding!!
Old 05-16-2004, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Article
picture
The message of this article can be summarized easily: Beautiful SUNTANNED Madeleine stole the whole show through her lovely appearance at the wedding.

No doubt, she was lovely, but IMO it´s a shame that Aftonbladet mentions two times the word "solbränd" (I thought firstly that this means "sun-burnt" -but it just means "tanned"). Other people and Madeleine herself could start to think that her tan was the reason for her lovely look. Ok, the colour of the dress wouldn´t have fit to an extreme pale woman (esp. with the blonde hair), but her skin was simply too much tanned!
I bet in the USA people could try to sue Aftonbladet (if there would be an "Aftonbladet") "You´ve claimed that a tanned skin is lovely, now I´m suffering from skin cancer" :P
Old 05-17-2004, 11:58 PM
Commoner

I don't know maybe it's just me but I don't think the tanning looks too overdone. Not to say that I think she has ot continusously go like she does, but I think that it looks ok. She looked beautiful at the wedding. I just really hope that she doesn't get skin cancer when she's older.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree, Madeleine´s tan is ok...if it had been in the middle of the summer! She has this super tan all year round. so its just so obvious that its fake.
thats what bothers me.
and ofcourse, the risk of her getting skin cancer. altough that is none of my buisness really :P
Old 05-18-2004, 10:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Yennie@May 18th, 2004 - 10:18 am
I agree, Madeleine´s tan is ok...if it had been in the middle of the summer! She has this super tan all year round. so its just so obvious that its fake.
thats what bothers me.
and ofcourse, the risk of her getting skin cancer. altough that is none of my buisness really :P
Showed some photos from the wedding to a friend of mine who is not a watcher and I told her that was Madeleine after she noticed Victoria nearby. Anyway, she said that she thought that Madeleine really should cut back on the tan and that it does not look good on her and that skin cancer...

Anyway, boo-hoo on the Aftonbladet for saying that her suntan made her better-looking. Anyway, the dress and her made her look great but she did not steal the show. That would have been Märtha Louise or Mathilde or Letizia or Maxima.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:16 AM
Courtier

I don't know Dennis-there were loads more photos (that I saw) of Madeleine at the wedding then there were of the others you mentioned...I think Letizia may have been the only one who could possibly "compete" with show stealer as far as that goes...

Also on the tanning note, I don't think Madeleine is too tan, I think it looks unnatural in the middle of the winter, but plenty of women look like that on a regular basis.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I hate it, when national papers write that their princess has stolen the show (or sometimes even the international press does it) at a big Royal event. I mean isn´t it clear, that it was the "show" of Frederik and Mary? People weren´t there to watch Madeleine and I further doubt that the one or another Royal guest had to think about the style of Madeleine all the time :P

And I agree with Yennie. The problem wouldn´t be the tan, if we would have the middle of the summer in europe, of if she would have been on holiday abroad, but this "solarium-tan" just looks fake. IMO you can see it, if a people were on holiday or if they were on "tanning bed-beach" The tan looks different...more orange and less "regular"
Old 05-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Serene Highness

I'm guessing that was a sprayed on tan, not from the sun.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@May 18th, 2004 - 11:26 am
I hate it, when national papers write that their princess has stolen the show (or sometimes even the international press does it) at a big Royal event. I mean isn´t it clear, that it was the "show" of Frederik and Mary? People weren´t there to watch Madeleine and I further doubt that the one or another Royal guest had to think about the style of Madeleine all the time :P
Yes, good point. And that is a problem. Guests are not supposed to steal limelight away from the bride. It is wrong of a paper to say that in such a public way then. People may have their personal favorites though but the star of any wedding should be the bride.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:44 PM
Courtier

I think that the tan must be fake on this occasion because it was her fathers Birthday only 2 weeks before the wedding and she was not tanned then. So unless she tans very quickly in a matter of 2 weeks from only a few tanning sessions she must have had fake put on.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that one of the family members (maybe older sister Victoria) should try to talk to Princess Madeleine and explain that it's not good for your skin to use the solarium too much, or get too much natural sun (direct sun)- because if she keeps this up - it will eventually “destroy” (a lot of wrinkles, bad skin, age quick etc.) her skin. Not to talk about the risk of skin cancer.

Personally, I think the signs are already appearing. Like for example on those pics that were taken on The King's birthday, you could see on Madeleine's face (the individual pics of her) that her skin is not feeling well, it looks like it's already aging to fast – and it's quite an evident change from before. And last weekend at the Danish Crown Princely wedding, she must have used the solarium – it’s like no way she could have gotten that tan that fast – even if her skin type might react to sun fast.

Tags
picture thread, princess madeleine