The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 01:38 PM
Courtier

I was just looking at some pictures of Madeleine, and I found two pictures from seperate events where she is wearing the exact same formal!!! I have never seen a Royal where a formal to more then one event where there will be press...I'm impressed, it goes to show those clothes aren't just bought, worn once and then hung in a closet forever!!! (Kind of like Prince William of Wales yellow tie!!&#33

I can post the links for you too look, but I can't seem to post the images....
Ciao,
Britters

http://www.princess-madeleine.com/site/mad...kholm/index.htm
**This one is in 2002 and is an event in Stockholm**

http://www.princess-madeleine.com/site/mad...state/index.htm
**This one is from the state visit of Germany earlier this year**

Old 11-04-2003, 01:46 PM
Nobility

Both Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Victoria wear gowns more than once.

Old 11-04-2003, 01:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by A.C.C.@Nov 4th, 2003 - 12:46 pm
Both Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Victoria wear gowns more than once.
Actually, most, if not all, of the royals do. Often years later. It's silly, in my opinion, to wear something so expensive (and beautifu) only once.

S.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Nobility

Of course. I meant to apply it to all royals. I counted one time that Queen Elizabeth II wore 1 dress 5 times, all to state funtions. The only royal I can think of that didn't wear too many things twice is Diana.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

True, both Silvia and Victoria wears thier clothes more than once. I think its a good idea, but its boring when its the exact same outfit.
But they usually adds something new... I guess its ok :P
Old 11-04-2003, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Lots of people wear the same outfit twice, and as Yennie mentioned, if you change your accessories or even wear your hair differently, it's really no big deal. And also if you don't wear the same dress to two occasions in a row, that probably helps, too.

But remember when Princess Anne got "caught" wearing a dress in recent months that she first wore in the 70s? What a big ruckus that caused! I remember thinking at the time that the press shouldn't have made such a big deal that Anne recycled a dress from the 70s to wear 2 decades later, but what a miracle that she could still fit into it! (Recently, I wore a dress to a wedding that I had worn the year before for convocation and even only 12 months later the dress was fit differently. So, cheers to Anne (and all the other royal ladies) for being able to fit into outfits she wore decades ago&#33
Old 11-04-2003, 04:14 PM
Nobility

waering dresses, especially suites and evening gowns more than once is considered "a thing one does". people are looked down upon and considered wasting time and resources when they insist on waering new things all the time. its a question of status rather than money to wear things more often and to even pass them on in the family. people who dont do that have nouveau-riches allures.

in the current point de vue there is an article about cloth-sharing in the ducal house of thurn und taxis among fürstin gloria and her two daughters who swop designer outfits since they are all three more or less the same size.

do you agree?

maria karolina
Old 11-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by karolinabraganza@Nov 4th, 2003 - 3:14 pm
in the current point de vue there is an article about cloth-sharing in the ducal house of thurn und taxis among fürstin gloria and her two daughters who swop designer outfits since they are all three more or less the same size.

do you agree?
My only concern with swapping clothes is the age-appropriateness of the outfits. Obviously there is some age difference between the mother and her daughters, so I am not certain about clothes which may be age-appropriate for the daughters would be so fitting for the mother. However, if the clothes are classically-tailored and fitted and in tasteful colours that go well for all age groups, then go for it!
Old 11-04-2003, 04:28 PM
Nobility

absolutely, since one wants to dress both eye-catching and conservative, i suppose there is nothing better than the wardrobe of the young fürstin gloria, who was famous for her extravagance...
the cloths look fantastic on all three of them.

concerning same figures and consequent suitability in other royal houses:
queen sivlias dresses would be very nice on both of her daughters, so would queen sofia's be. queen beatrix obviously has a very different figure compared to the princesses Maxima and Laurentien, that wouldnt work...only for pregnancies...:-)
Old 11-04-2003, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by A.C.C.@Nov 4th, 2003 - 1:05 pm
Of course. I meant to apply it to all royals. I counted one time that Queen Elizabeth II wore 1 dress 5 times, all to state funtions. The only royal I can think of that didn't wear too many things twice is Diana.
I would agree with you!

Princess Diana wores same dress since marriage and after their divorce over she takes pictures for auction if people wants show Diana's old dress.

Her Majesty the Queen 2 got once not every than Diana's Her Majesty the Queen 2 have lots evening dress and daytimes dress from designer because the designer who makes for Queen mostly than Crown Princess because the designer makes hats and dress and evening dress makes more lots for Queen.

I think Princess Diana choose favourite designer Catherine Walker before she dies because mostly designer knew Diana was best leg she wanted to short in their skirt upper! looks like as sexy and lots designer who makes for Princess Diana. I read Diana's dress book said the designer knew Diana was best leg but Princess Diana wanted to show it! looks fab!

Sara Boyce
Old 11-05-2003, 01:00 AM
Courtier

I didn't mean to imply that I thought it was wrong for her to wear the same outfit twice, (because I think it's great), I had just never seen it before...I'm fairly new to the Royal "circles," and thought I'd comment on it...I wear my formals multiple times to different charity events and benefits that I attend, and it's nice to know that Royal women do the same as the rest instead of just wasting more money on another formal!!!
I love this dress anyhow, it looks great on Madde, and is beautiful, it would be a shame to waste the money and then never wear it again!!!
Ciao,
Britt
Old 11-10-2003, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anybody remember photos of Victoria and Madeleine, on which they look very close, and can he/she post them. I know that there are many photos, which show Madeleine and Carl-Philip very close (they cuddle each other on the pics), but I can´t remember close photos of Victoria and Madeleine. Maybe I´ve seen such pictures, but in the last 7 years I´ve seen far more than 10000 pictures of them, so that I can´t remember each pic.
Old 11-29-2003, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Madeleines car´, a KIA Jeep outside her new appartement. Princess Madeleine of Sweden has moved in to this house with her boyfriend Jonas Bergström in the Stockholm area Gärdet. The live in a two room apartment on the top floor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	namnl_s.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	28934  
Old 11-29-2003, 06:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Yennie@Nov 29th, 2003 - 4:41 pm
Princess Madeleines car´, a KIA Jeep outside her new appartement. Princess Madeleine of Sweden has moved in to this house with her boyfriend Jonas Bergström in the Stockholm area Gärdet. The live in a two room apartment on the top floor.
Mhm, sorry, but I don´t like Madeleine s car...
Whatever comes, she said, cannot alter one thing. If I am a princess in rags and tatters, I can be a princess inside. It would be easy to be a princess if I were dressed in cloth of gold, but it is a great deal more of a triumpf to be one all the time when no one knows it. (F.Hogdson Burnett)
Old 11-29-2003, 06:26 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
I bet all cars in Sweden look like that in the winter. Wind and snow. No car looks good in those elements. That being said, what an odd photograph? Are they never home during the day? The photographer probably should have waited until it was daytime to take a better photo!
Old 12-01-2003, 01:31 AM
Courtier

An interesting car...it seems a little small to be an actual JEEP, at least in my opinion...but maybe it's because it's a KIA, and KIA's tend to be smaller more compact cars....
Old 12-01-2003, 08:08 PM
Commoner

Would you call that SUV (Sports Utility Vehical)? This car probably eats up a lot of gas. The SUVs in the US here does
Old 12-06-2003, 09:18 AM
Majesty

--------

corbis,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	13813   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	29881  
Old 12-07-2003, 08:49 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by Yennie@Nov 29th, 2003 - 1:41 pm
Princess Madeleines car´, a KIA Jeep
Yes, here in the USA we call them a sports utility vehicle (SUV).

But why would she choose a KIA? I would think she would choose a Volvo or Saab SUV. Volvo sells a very nice SUV here. I wonder if they are also sold in Sweden?
Old 12-08-2003, 02:05 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
That's a good question. The young couple normally wouldn't need the space(yet even in a small Kia) of such a vehicle. Anyway, it's a cute car. Well, not that one but most Kias are. Then again it has to deal with Swedish weather. Yeah, I know what that is like sometimes.

Tags
picture thread, princess madeleine