Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The title HH doesn't exist in Sweden, she will either be HRH princess Madeleine or princess Madeleine, mrs X, the same way as the king's sisters have the courtesy title of princess without being HH. It's possible that Madeleine would be allowed to keep the title of duchess without the HRH, if she marries with the king's permission if she doesn't keep her full title of HRH princess Madeleine.

I'm not sure that the king would allow/accept that Madeleine gives up her place in the Swedish succession, not until Estelle is 18 and can become a regent herself, in case of something happens to either Victoria or Carl Philip before that, so that there won't be the same situation as during the king's minority with only one person able to be regent (prince Bertil).
I didn't know it. I though that situation could be similar like in Norway, where ML reduced her role in RF and was given HH instead HRH title. I don't think that Madeleine will lost her place in succession line, unless she will marry without permission.

The "thing" we all be waiting for...she was right by doing it, clarify things was the best things to do!

We really don't see much of her work in the Childhood foundation...we don't hear much of this foundation...their work...I really believe they help children but... she is not working for sweden...Childwood is a non profit organization so she is not receiving any money for that...Has she said in the interview..."I pay for my stay at private expense" where does the money come from?

Last edited:
biboquinhas said:
We really don't see much of her work in the Childhood foundation...we don't hear much of this foundation...their work...I really believe they help children but... she is not working for sweden...Childwood is a non profit organization so she is not receiving any money for that...Has she said in the interview..."I pay for my stay at private expense" where does the money come from?

The King set up trust funds for all his children. They may be large enough to support them even if they don't work for a salary. Also, the Royal Family have private wealth which they can spend as they please. However, I think it's important to clarify that Madeleine isn't receiving public money which could otherwise go into the running of the court or financing the work the SRF do for Sweden.

We really don't see much of her work in the Childhood foundation...we don't hear much of this foundation...their work...
Perhaps these links might help to 'see' more:

Childhood - Startpage
https://www.childhood-usa.org/
Childhood Brasil
Childhood - Startpage
The King set up trust funds for all his children. They may be large enough to support them even if they don't work for a salary. Also, the Royal Family have private wealth which they can spend as they please.
Correct.

The money paid 'at private expense' by Madeleine is most likely and very simply coming from... her bank account.;)

According to SvenskDam, while in Sweden, Madeleine attended the baptism of the baby of her friend Charlotte Kreuger, she was chosen as godmother.

The director of the press department of the court, Bertil Ternert to Dagensmedia about Madeleine´s interview at the court website:
- Before Madeleine returned to the U.S., she wanted to answer the criticism leveled at her and then she chose to do that at our own website. There is nothing special in it.
There were no thoughts to allow her to be interviewed by the external media?
- There is a great interest around Princess Madeleine, I have received inquiries from dozens of media to interview her, but the thing is that what is written about her often becomes very negative.
What do you mean?
- She has become very cautious in responding to some journalists from various media for what she says, it has been completely reinterpreted. So it was a practical solution for her to speak through our website so that she could say what she really wanted to say.
Hovet: ”Vissa medier vinklar väldigt negativt” - Dagens Media
Google translation

Last edited:
very Nice Pics , Princess Madleleine Looks Beautiful Casual and nice , Thank you All for posting

I'm glad to see that she and WCF staff members visited these great organizations in my home town. Every year the company I work for does a day of volunteering (globally) and these organizations are some of the places that we help at. All do such incredible work with kids...I'm glad she was able to see it in person.

Royal reporter Johan T Lindwall (who has followed the royal family for 15 years) said to finnish Iltasanomat about Madeleine submitting a notification of 'moving abroad' to tax authorities and moving to the States: "This is not happy news for the royal family. She is a swedish princess after all, and now it´s her choice to move away from Sweden."
Prinsessa Madeleine jättää Ruotsin - Ilta-Sanomat

Princess Madeleine moved to NYC some time ago, and the thing that might be "not happy news" indeed would be if she did not notify the tax authorities about it...
I'm beginning to run out of patience for this petty tendency to criticize the woman in an exaggerated manner for each and everything she does or does not do.

Last edited:
How many godchildren does Madeleine have until now?

Princess Madeleine moved to NYC some time ago, and the thing that might be "not happy news" indeed would be if she did not notify the tax authorities about it...
I'm beginning to run out of patience for this petty tendency to criticize the woman in an exaggerated manner for each and everything she does or does not do.
I absolutely agree.

Nice to read about Princess Madeleine's visit to Texas for Childhood Foundation. It's not very often we get to know about her work there. This trip she made last week.

https://www.childhood-usa.org/news/2012/3/30/texas-responding-childrens-needs/

According to the article there are 6,000 reported cases of child abuse in Dallas county every year. The population in the county is 2,5 million.
That should put the magnitude of the problem worldwide that Childhood foundation is working on.

I applaud Princess Madeleine for having the desire to work with the issues of abused children. It takes special people to daily be surrounded by stories, programs and the actual victims of abuse. It leaves one totally drained when no matter how much one works it seems as if there are just more and more victims to reach.

Princess Madeleine through her work does more good in any one single day than most royal do in their lifetime. In the end cutting ribbons in the latest Prada seems rather meaningless.

I think that Madeleine will become the next leader of the World Childhood Foundation after Queen Silvia won't be able to continue her work at the Foundation.

How many godchildren does Madeleine have until now?
I remember pictures from few years ago of Madeleine and CP who attended at the baptism of child someone from their family (I think from paternal site but I'm not sure). It was told that both were godparents. But I forget details.

I remember pictures from few years ago of Madeleine and CP who attended at the baptism of child someone from their family (I think from paternal site but I'm not sure). It was told that both were godparents. But I forget details.

Thanks for that, I never knew that.I hope she is one of the godparents for Estelle!

I think that she is godmother to one of Prince Pavlos and Marie Chantel's children.

Iltalehti has put together the articles in Expressen and Aftonbladet about Madeleine´s permanent move to the United States.
Now it is official: Madeleine has left Sweden
Last week Madeleine told in an interview that she has informed the tax authorities about her move to USA. This predicts a permanent change, although Madeleine tells the other.
According to Aftonbladet, the visa Madeleine has doesn´t allow her to get any salary from her work in USA. Her charitable work at the Childhood Foundation is accepted, but she can´t have any salary from it. The visa Madeleine has is similar to those the other members of the royal family and the diplomats have.
- The difference is that Madeleine doesn´t get salary from the state of Sweden of her work, tells Alex Calissendorf, a lawyer working for the king.
The princess has during the last year been widely criticized about that she is spending the taxpayers' money to a luxurious life in USA. To correct this the court gave a press release some time ago and told that while living abroad Madeleine can´t have any part of the royal apanage.
According to Aftonbladet the status of her visa means practically that Madeleine is living with the king's money (I think the articles mean the private money). And in addition to this her livelihood is probably taken care of by businessman Chris O'Neill.
Madeleine is rarely seen in Sweden and it took almost a week for her to arrive to see her niece. The poll made almost at the same time showed that the people have a very low trust on Madeleine, only a third of the Swedes trust on Madeleine, who is seen as a lazy person.
The princess has promised to arrive to the baptism of Estelle, but in the future she will be seen even less in Sweden. According to Expressen the work in Childhood will remain as Madeleine's main job, but she is also wished to do the same kind of work as diplomats do for Sweden in USA.
- She is a good ambassador for Sweden and the Chamber of Commerce. Her participation and support means a lot, says the President of the Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce, Renée Lundholm.
Nyt se on virallista: Madde hylkäsi Ruotsin | Kuninkaalliset | Iltalehti.fi

Last edited:
Iltalehti has put together the articles in Expressen and Aftonbladet about Madeleine´s permanent move to the United States.
Now it is official: Madeleine has left Sweden
Last week Madeleine told in an interview that she has informed the tax authorities about her move to USA. This predicts a permanent change, although Madeleine tells the other.
According to Aftonbladet, the visa Madeleine has doesn´t allow her to get any salary from her work in USA. Her charitable work at the Childhood Foundation is accepted, but she can´t have any salary from it. The visa Madeleine has is similar to those the other members of the royal family and the diplomats have.
- The difference is that Madeleine doesn´t get salary from the state of Sweden of her work, tells Alex Calissendorf, a lawyer working for the king.
The princess has during the last year been widely criticized about that she is spending the taxpayers' money to a luxurious life in USA. To correct this the court gave a press release some time ago and told that while living abroad Madeleine can´t have any part of the royal apanage.
According to Aftonbladet the status of her visa means practically that Madeleine is living with the king's money (I think the articles mean the private money). And in addition to this her livelihood is probably taken care of by businessman Chris O'Neill.
Madeleine is rarely seen in Sweden and it took almost a week for her to arrive to see her niece. The poll made almost at the same time showed that the people have a very low trust on Madeleine, only a third of the Swedes trust on Madeleine, who is seen as a lazy person.
The princess has promised to arrive to the baptism of Estelle, but in the future she will be seen even less in Sweden. According to Expressen the work in Childhood will remain as Madeleine's main job, but she is also wished to do the same kind of work as diplomats do for Sweden in USA.
- She is a good ambassador for Sweden and the Chamber of Commerce. Her participation and support means a lot, says the President of the Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce, Renée Lundholm.
Nyt se on virallista: Madde hylkäsi Ruotsin | Kuninkaalliset | Iltalehti.fi

What kind of visa does Madeleine have?

I don't want to be hard with Madeleine , I don't believe that she left her country only for work with childhood but because of her new love interest , but how can she trust another man after her story with Jonas , what will happen if her new love story turn down is she gonna left New York ? her position and power come only from her family and the Swedish people

Madeleine is the youngest child of the king and fourth in line to the throne now that Victoria and Daniel have their little princess. It's very unlikely that Madeleine will inherit the throne, so she has found useful occupation elsewhere. I can understand why people are upset if she is going to living outside of Sweden. But on the other hand, she's found a way to escape the hassles that Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie have in the UK. I'm sure that if Beatrice found a job in New York working for a charity, it would be a relief for the PR people at Buckingham Palace.

And the United States is very strict about having the proper visa before you can legally work for income. Madeleine probably had some type of diplomatic visa that they give to embassy workers, and that visa type does not allow her to conduct business. Plus, her higher profile means that she can't afford to make a bad move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom