Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
carl philip and sofia doing activity together and now chris and madeleine

Had it been announced that she would return for the birth of the baby? Is there some reason why she was obligated to be there for the naming ceremony? Presumably she could congratulate her sister and Daniel over the phone, but other than that there doesnt seem to be aneed for her to be in Stockhom except perhaps for a photo op.

Had it been announced that she would return for the birth of the baby? Is there some reason why she was obligated to be there for the naming ceremony? Presumably she could congratulate her sister and Daniel over the phone, but other than that there doesnt seem to be aneed for her to be in Stockhom except perhaps for a photo op.

Because a congratulations over the phone is nothing compared to one in person? She's Victoria's sister. I don't see why it would need to be announced for Madeleine to return to her own country, it's not like she's on some foreign visit. There is no obligation to be in Sweden, but IMO it reflects poorly on the kind of person she's become if she can't be bothered to come home for the birth of her sisters first child and her niece. Perhaps the need is to support her sister.

I believe the court already announced that she'll be home in the next few days. At least that's what I've read somewhere today.

i dont think there is anything wrong with her not being back in Sweden right now at this very instant . she has a life in NYC now a career , friends a partner.

just like many people who have family over very long distances they cant drop everything leave work . and be there physically for an event like a birth of a siblings child.
but with modern technology there is Skype, email, phone for the time being. and when they can they come to see the baby.
lots of people do that probably many from this board probably have.it doesn't make them bad people or selfish but its simply a reality of life

The Court announced that a return journey has been arranged. As the baby was early maybe she had other plans which couldn't very easily be changed.

It would be nice if Madeleine stayed in Sweden until the christening to take over a few duties for Victoria. The show of family support would be nice.

It doesn't necessarily make her a bad person and it's wrong to judge the situation on why she isn't there or hasn't arrived yet.

I don't think she'll stay until the christening. She has a job in NY and since Carl Philip is officially taking over for Victoria after the birth (which has been made clear weeks ago) she doesn't even need to. And that's nothing to do with being a bad person/sister or being egoistic or arrogant. That's just life. If other women give birth to a child their sisters are also not putting her own work on hiatus and take over her sisters. For that they have a temporarly replacement which in this cas ist (like state dabove) Carl Philip.

KitKat2006 said:
I don't think she'll stay until the christening. She has a job in NY and since Carl Philip is officially taking over for Victoria after the birth (which has been made clear weeks ago) she doesn't even need to. And that's nothing to do with being a bad person/sister or being egoistic or arrogant. That's just life. If other women give birth to a child their sisters are also not putting her own work on hiatus and take over her sisters. For that they have a temporarly replacement which in this cas ist (like state dabove) Carl Philip.

I agree completely. People are making a too big thing about this. The "Te Deum" is not something obligatory. Even the Kings sisters wasn't there. If they wouldn't show up for the christening that's another thing. Then we have a "scandal".

The Court announced that a return journey has been arranged. As the baby was early maybe she had other plans which couldn't very easily be changed.

I have to disagree, it´s all a matter of priorisation. Everybody would understand.
And: I am sure she has the financial backgroud to buy a ticket NY-Stockholm :whistling:.
BYe Bine

Madeleine would have gotten a lot of good publicity if she had flown now immediately to Sweden. She has gotten so much negative comments that if she had come to Te Deum, it would have been her and the swedish royal family very good news.

The problem is not to consider her a good or bad person...the problem is that even if she is her own sister and her own newphew...it is a matter of priorisation, she is a member of the royal family and she should be there for the mass and for the family photo...she should be there, it is her "job" to be there as a member of the royal family,not to be there is very bad for her and for the royal family, to me that is a very important thing...and of course she should be staying until the christening...she is a member of the royal family or not???now she shows that she is not...:ROFLMAO:

Speaking personally, I would be very disappointed if I gave birth, and my sister did not fly out to see us within a day or two.....When was the last time Madeline was in Sweden?

Madeleine attended at a concert arranged by the Friends of Drottningholm Theatre in Drottningholm Royal Chapel on 23rd December, with the king, queen and Carl Philip. After Christmas she was according to swedish media in Verbier with Chris. And there was a story that she spent weekend with Emma Pernald in the beginning of January and then left to New York.

The problem is not to consider her a good or bad person...the problem is that even if she is her own sister and her own newphew...it is a matter of priorisation, she is a member of the royal family and she should be there for the mass and for the family photo...she should be there, it is her "job" to be there as a member of the royal family,not to be there is very bad for her and for the royal family, to me that is a very important thing...and of course she should be staying until the christening...she is a member of the royal family or not???now she shows that she is not...:ROFLMAO:

Wow, that's harsh. You really blame her for being realistic? What would everyone say if she keeps clinging to her status as an important member of the royal family and only does things like waving and smiling on this and that event and simply being princess? Wouldn't everyone say "Madeleine needs a good dose of reality and find a job that keeps her occupied when she some day isn't the born Nr. 3 anymore she has been for years but someday will be Nr. 8 or 10 or 12. She still holds on to a life that she clearly doesn't have anymore so she needs to get her act together and find herself a real job so she won't be a sad, embaressing person for the royal family anymore."?

It seems like everything she does can only be wrong. Being Nr. 3, now Nr. 4 in line to the throne isn't a very thankful position. Have you ever thought of that? Or everyone else who blames her for not being in Sweden right now? It has nothing to do with not having the money or the good manners to being there right away, but simply with getting it coordinated with her job. A job she'll need more and more the older Estelle gets and the more siblings Estelle gets. Why can't you all see that? That completely mystifies me.

Speaking personally, I would be very disappointed if I gave birth, and my sister did not fly out to see us within a day or two.....When was the last time Madeline was in Sweden?

I wouldn't because I know that my siblings have life and obligations of their own that don't fade into nothing right away because I just gave birth. I can't expect them to drop everything right away, leave work, buy tickets (plane, train or whatever) and come over for me and the newborn. I simply can't expect from their employers to put my privat life before the needs of their company. And I simply couldn't expect from a nephew to forgo on a soccer turnament or a niece to forgo on a dance competition and being tagged along by my stister/brother to my hospital bed just because I just gave birth. I simply can't think the world just stopped and everyone has to orb around me right now. That's egoistic, that's selfish and shows a good deal of disrespect.

And to come back to Madeleine and Victoria: I simply don't see Victoria egoistic, selfish and disrespectful. I'm sure she knows very well that Madeleine can't drop everything right away and fly over, because if it wouldbe the other way around and Victoria would have been on a state visit in the US and not in Sweden, she wouldn't have shortened that too just because Madeleine just gave birth in Stockholm. And don't give mie the "But Madeleine isn't the crownprincess"-crap. She's a sister too and not more or less important than Victoria is who just also happens to be the crown princess.

Really, girls, you should try to see this situation more realistic and down-to-earth. Madeleine will be there in the next few days (it has been announced), she will stay for a while and than she will be back in NY, to her own life, job and other obligations. And that's perfectly okay, because that's simply how life is for her now. She fades more and more back into the shadows and it's good for her to have this own life of hers.

This is not discussed at all in swedish media. Everyone knows that Madeleine LIVES and WORK in New York and i'ts not controversial at all that she wasn't in Sweden yesterday as it wasn't something she was obliged to attend. To say it is her job to represent like Victoria does is wrong. Her job has never been that and will never be. She lives and works in New York now. If she woldn't show up for the christening, that's another thing as it is not a private event like the te deum but an official engagment for all members of the whole swedish royal house.
People are making a way too big thing about her abcence yesterday.

Last edited:
Well, IMO it seems to be emerging that in case the relationship with Chris stays serious she will marry him in a private ceremony in the U.S and therefore drop out of the royal house.

Stefanie said:
Well, IMO it seems to be emerging that in case the relationship with Chris stays serious she will marry him in a private ceremony in the U.S and therefore drop out of the royal house.

If she wants to marry in New York she has to marry in the swedish luteran church + with the approval of the swedish government if she want's to retain her H.R.H status or without the approval if she want's to be styled Princess Madeleine Mrs O'neil without her H.R.H.
If she would marry private or in an another church not belonging to the swedish luteran church she would loose her titles and only be Mrs Madeleine Bernadotte. I don't think she wants that.

Why Mrs Madeleine Bernadotte and not Mrs Madeline O'Neill? Just curious..

I have to say I am a bit surprised that Madeleine wasn't over in Sweden ASAP after the birth only because I thought she would want to be. by that I mean i thought as a person she would want to be there pretty quick, I don;t think its a massive issue and by leaving it a few days she can be with the two Princesses when the initial fuss has died down a bit (i.e. with less visits by friends and family etc so more quality time with Vic and Estelle). However i think saying she has a job and so she can't come over is a bit OTT, if Maddie wanted to she could probably come over when she wants, she works for Mummy's charity. However she has probably already made plans to come over in time for the early March due date and the early birth has meant that those plans are a bit outdated. I expect she will come over and spend some quality time with the whole family. that being said if it was me working for mum and with the financial means Madeleine has i'd have come over ASAP over weekend and if necessary gone back and come back again for a longer time when I had leave etc.
At the end of the day Madeleine now lives and has her life in NY which always means sacrifices will have to be made for life in Sweden.

Charlotte_Aster said:
Why Mrs Madeleine Bernadotte and not Mrs Madeline O'Neill? Just curious..

Offcourse she can be Mrs Madeleine O'Neill if she wants that. It was just an example. But i doubt it will happen. If she wants to renounce her H.R.H title i think she will likely be styled Princess Madeleine Mrs O'Neill like her aunt is styled Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson.

marine2109 said:

I am surprised princess Madeline didn't take the first flight to Sweden to see her baby niece,and older sister and at least she'll want to hold the baby but it would be nicer to have Madeline go home I only hope she does it soon. After reading the article I feel like Madeline knowing her sister has a baby doesn't want to go see her or Sweden because her new life is more important right now and Thats what I get the article is trying to say. And how do the king and queen feel about Chris? And how does Chris feel with knowing he is dating a princess of sweden, and the present king's youngest daughter no less. Do they approve of her choice?

Last edited:
Princess Madeleine is coming to Sweden to visit his newborn niece.
But there is no earlier than next week.
- She will attend a seminar in the U.S. on Monday, said the court's information manager Bertil Ternert
Google Translate

I think that the headlines in Swedish papers would have been more negative than positive regarding Madelene if she had taken time off to come to Sweden as soon as she got the news about the new baby, "dropping off from work to see a baby??"

Meraude said:
I think that the headlines in Swedish papers would have been more negative than positive regarding Madelene if she had taken time off to come to Sweden as soon as she got the news about the new baby, "dropping off from work to see a baby??"

You are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom