Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if this event, where Madeleine is taking part on 10th December, should have taken place e.g. in France, Poland etc... I wonder if Madeleine would have attended then.

I should have used the term "event". It is still a major event related to the Nobel Prize.

Well it's connected to a woman who received the award, it doesn't seem to be in any way connected to the actual Nobel Prize, it's not even mentioned on their website.
Madeleine IMO, is just as bad as her elder brother but worse in one way; she's so not bothered about her country that she's left.

life go on, if jonas has fined new life and new partner and he is working and we all heard that he is doing good in his professionel carrer , why she has to stay all her life abroad , i hope one,day she will decided to come home and forget about the pass start a new life and find a suitable swedish hasband

Madeleine IMO, is just as bad as her elder brother but worse in one way; she's so not bothered about her country that she's left.
In that case the same can be said about princess Margaretha and princess Birgitta, that they have abandoned their country of birth. Madeleine is not married yet, but we don't know how important her relationship to Chris is to her, maybe it is more important than being a princess.

This is just speculation, but could she also be distancing herself from Sweden due to the controversy surrounding her father? I'm sure at this time her mother and sister could use her presence and support if that's the case.

This is just speculation, but could she also be distancing herself from Sweden due to the controversy surrounding her father? I'm sure at this time her mother and sister could use her presence and support if that's the case.

The swedish press has written a lot of Madeleine not wanting to be in Sweden because of the scandals. Good for her, she can stay in NY, her mother and sister can´t run abroad.

P.Madeleine has done a lot of work for charity and she is young and unmarried,so it´s great that she is using her time to travel and stay abroad which will certainly broaden her horizon and allows her to live independent from her family in a country where she can move around without being recognised everywhere.Maybe she is also staying away because of her father-it must be really tough for everyone involved,especially Queen Silvia!I am hoping for a fair investigation so that the story can be finally laid ad acta and doesn´t overshadow the good work done by Silvia,Victoria and Daniel.

she is using her time to travel and stay abroad which will certainly broaden her horizon and allows her to live independent from her family in a country where she can move around without being recognised everywhere.

Except she's not 'travelling', she's staying in one country and she is recognised in NY as we continually get stories about her and Chris. I also don't think staying in one country, practically not doing anything will broaden her horizon. Don't get me wrong NY is an amazing city, but Madeleine has been there for what 2 years? Surely she's seen everything now. She does the occasional engagement but other than that she looks like she's living the life of a normal person with all the trappings and benefits of her royal title.

In that case the same can be said about princess Margaretha and princess Birgitta, that they have abandoned their country of birth. Madeleine is not married yet, but we don't know how important her relationship to Chris is to her, maybe it is more important than being a princess.

Princess Margaretha lost her royal status upon marriage, therefore having no real reason to do duties upon behalf of the royal family she'd been born into. She doesn't accept financial help from the royal family, she lives the life of a private citizen. Very unlike Madeleine.
As for Princess Birgitta, the lady married another royal therefore IMO becoming part of his life, similar to Anne-Marie of Greece when she married King Constantine. It is rare that you see Anne-Marie take part in royal engagements in Denmark as she isn't a member of their royal family anymore. Also, the financial argument appears again as I don't see Birgitta receiving any money from Sweden, or does she?

If her relationship with Chris is more important than her country, then I suggest most strongly that she give up her royal highness status and the money she receives from her father or move back to Sweden with Chris and take up her royals duties as does Chris. Currently she's having the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
Nice interview. The part with Superman was cute.
I'm glad she's opening up more and talking about her activities with Childhood.

Last edited:
SvenskDam writes that Madeleine was seen on Tuesday walking at the Humlegård Street. with her beloved dog Zorro.
And the director of the press department, Bertil Ternert tells:
Madeleine continues to work with the Childhood in New York. Plans for how long the princess is going to stay in the United States Ternert did not want to comment, nor about how Madeleine will help with the official duties when the Crown Princess couple will take parental leave. Ternert emphasizes that the work that Madeleine does on Childhood is a full-time job, and that she does above all the official duties which take place in the United States.
Some have wondered about the princess's life in the U.S. and if she is financed by taxpayers' money during her stay there.
How much of her income is actually from the apanage?
- It is more private than many believe. However, we report no details of the economy of the royal family, explains Ternert.
http://svenskdam.se/2011/12/madeleine-ater-hemma-i-sverige-men-snart-reser-hon-igen/

First Ternert said a long time ago, that Madeleine lives on an apanage in NY, and now it is mostly private. Doesn´t he remember what he has said earlier?

Last edited:
First Ternert said a long time ago, that Madeleine lives on an apanage in NY, and now it is mostly private. Doesn´t he remember what he has said earlier?

Well between now and a long time ago, money issues may have altered.

I can suppose that she's getting some salary from foundation, she's not working as volunteer I think :ermm:.

I just read that Madeleine is back in Sweden for christmas according to the Swedish magazine, Svensk Damtidning.One the 23rd,she will go to a concert at the royal chapel.It is unknown how long she will stay in Sweden.

Where is the Childhood Foundation building in NYC?

I think if i've interpreted New York road signs right, East 34th Street.

I can suppose that she's getting some salary from foundation, she's not working as volunteer I think :ermm:.
There is no way Madeleine could afford to live in NY in the style she does on the sort of salary that a charity can afford to pay it's staff.

Am I not right in thinking that this charity is her mother's "baby"? It is far more likely that her she is living on a personal stipend from her family contingent on her "working full time" at the World Childhood Foundation charity and/or representing Sweden, as required in NY.

As an aside the photo's in the link below show, for the first time for me, how much she looks like her sister. I suspect it is because of the change of hair colour. The second thing I noticed was how uncomfortable, annoyed, nervous or even resentful she was of the presence of the photographer taking the shots.

http://myroyal-myroyals.blogspot.com/2011/12/princess-madeleine-in-new-york.htmlhttp://

I think the more people continue to whisper or discuss the situation it could be possible Madeleine might begin to notice it herself. I mean she seems like the type to hold a grudge and whatever. And her continuing to escape the issue that WAS all about her broken engagement is really childish.

Why can't she just put mind over matter, suck things up and go home? Whether or not she has issue with the press even if she gave up the title she would still be bothered so it really shouldn't make a difference. Her lack of supporting her family speaks volume that she is a bit spoiled and all about what she wants. Play first, work second sort of thing. She is almost 30 years old.

What is in New York, I suppose aside from Chris that is so important to her? What is she going to do if people turn on her? Continue to run away? That solves nothing. She is giving people things to talk about the longer she is silent and chooses to not even attempt working schedule in Sweden that's all she's doing by staying over there in a salary that may or may not be provided by the court.

SvenskDam writes that Madeleine was seen on Tuesday walking at the Humlegård Street. with her beloved dog Zorro.
And the director of the press department, Bertil Ternert tells:
Madeleine continues to work with the Childhood in New York. Plans for how long the princess is going to stay in the United States Ternert did not want to comment, nor about how Madeleine will help with the official duties when the Crown Princess couple will take parental leave. Ternert emphasizes that the work that Madeleine does on Childhood is a full-time job, and that she does above all the official duties which take place in the United States.
Some have wondered about the princess's life in the U.S. and if she is financed by taxpayers' money during her stay there.
How much of her income is actually from the apanage?
- It is more private than many believe. However, we report no details of the economy of the royal family, explains Ternert.
http://svenskdam.se/2011/12/madeleine-ater-hemma-i-sverige-men-snart-reser-hon-igen/

What is her full-time job for Childhood Foundation exactly? Does she make paperwork or what?

Where she live in NYC, has she bought un appartement ?

Well she is a Princess and she a member of the Royal Sweden House so she can afford what she wants and she doens't nee to have any paid job...ever in her life...she is Princess with a big P...:flowers:

Well she is a Princess and she a member of the Royal Sweden House so she can afford what she wants and she doens't nee to have any paid job...ever in her life...she is Princess with a big P...:flowers:

Ternert emphasizes that the work that Madeleine does on Childhood is a full-time job. It was said by spokeperson of the royal house. Many people want to know what is her full-time job exactly.

From magazine "S":
Madeleine betrayed Sofia again. The Princess was at home a short time over Christmas and decided to meet with Carl Philip's ex Emma Pernald instead of his current girlfriend.
- It is still very infected between Madde and Sophia, none of them can accept the other, said a person with insight.
After Madeleine returned from Verbier to Sweden for a few days and chose to hang out with Emma Pernald.
- They had lunch together at a restaurant Saturn in Östermalm in Stockholm, it is one of Madeleine's tribal areas in Stockholm, said a person close to the royal children from childhood.
- For Sofia, it feels like a betrayal of Madeleine, she continues to be so close to Emma instead of choosing to learn to know Sofia better, says a source of S.
Här är Maddes nya svek mot Sofia - Tidningen S
Google translation

Well, Madeleine is not obliged to be Sofia's friend and express hypocritical affection. I think her relation with Sofia is rather neutral, but the media tries to present it in a rather unfriendly way.

Well, Madeleine is not obliged to be Sofia's friend and express hypocritical affection. I think her relation with Sofia is rather neutral, but the media tries to present it in a rather unfriendly way.

:previous:
I agree with you :flowers: And because Carl Phillip is with Sofia, that doesn't mean that Madeleine should not be friends with Emma :whistling:

Maddie knows Emma for years and seems to be close with her. No surprise that they're spending time together when she's on Sweden. Sofia is not her favorite but she has full right to not to be. Fact that she's dating her brother doesn't mean that Maddie and her must be best friends. Of course press tries to show it as a big conflict and I'm pretty sure that whole case is not that serious. Interesting that it's always Madeleine who is guilty...

Princess Madeleine attended the performance of the Swedish National Youth Orchestra
at Carnegie Hall in New York City on January 26, 2012.

** Pic ** belga gallery ** gettyimages **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom