The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 09:11 PM
Courtier

I totally agree with you, KitKat - I would be so annoyed if my dad were dictating who my bridesmaids could or couldn't be!

The emphasis on unmarried women as bridesmaids seems odd to me, anyway. Is this a common custom in Europe? I've never heard of it being an issue in the U.S. - a girl just picks her closest friends regardless of their marital status. I have a friend marrying next summer with a married woman as a bridesmaid, and nobody's even noticed.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well he is The King...
Whatever he says goes I suppose.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura724 View Post
The emphasis on unmarried women as bridesmaids seems odd to me, anyway. Is this a common custom in Europe? I've never heard of it being an issue in the U.S. - a girl just picks her closest friends regardless of their marital status. I have a friend marrying next summer with a married woman as a bridesmaid, and nobody's even noticed.
I can't say for sure regarding other european countries, but in Germany bridesmaids as you know them in the U.S. aren't very common. Usually it's just the maid of honour and the best man and that's all. But in that case it's completely unimportant if they're married or not. My maid of honour wasn't married, but that was completely coincidental. It was my best friend and I would have chosen her either way and no-one could have stopped me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Well he is The King...
Whatever he says goes I suppose.
Exactly! He is the King! Not a Dictator! He's just a representative person and even if he had any might in his hands he shouldn't use it in this case. Victoria and Daniel are the ones to decide whatever is happening. No-one else!
Old 06-17-2010, 08:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
I read (somewhere) that the King wanted only "traditional un-married" ladies as bridesmaids, but all ofVictoria's best friends have now married. So as not to hurt them she agreed to have -0- no bridesmaid and that included her sister. Truee or not, only a couple of more days to verify it
Can someone confirm this or is it just yet another urban legend?
Old 06-18-2010, 03:19 AM
Gentry

Princess Madeleine attending wedding event on Wednesday June 16th (Dinner on the East Indiaman "Götheborg", Skeppsholmen hosted by the County Governors).

Festligheterna har börjat pÃ¥ allvar – och äntligen var alla pÃ¥ plats… | Svensk Damtidning
Old 06-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Commoner

Yesterday they said that it's ben planned since the beginning that she will have no bridesmaids.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:00 AM
Courtier

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessEmily View Post
Yesterday they said that it's ben planned since the beginning that she will have no bridesmaids.
Ok, first everybody's mad because Victoria wants her dad to walk her down the aisle. Now the King decrees that bridesmaids should be single.
Gee, I'm glad I'm a non-royal not bound by any traditions other than my own.

But I love the royals, all of them, and I wish Victoria all the best. And if she wants her dad to walk her down the aisle just because she wants to have him there, not necessarily to give her away, let her have her way on her wedding day. It will only last a few minutes and it won't hurt anybody. Everybody should lighten up...
Old 06-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Commoner

Seriously what the heck did Madeleine wear to the wedding?!? Soooo disappointed.

Whatever about her not being aorund for ages in the run up to her sister's wedding,cancelling her apperances and depriving all of the royal wedding starved public of another royal wedding..She let down this big fan with THAT dress! Yuck!

She looks like blue cabbage..although it is a very nice shade of blue..aanndd her hair and make are super pretty.

Why didn't she wear that nice gown from the government dinner the night before? She looked stunning in that.

The blue cabbage dress
http://https://webgate.epa.eu/previe...00000402211278

The dove grey gown from the government dinner the night before - much better!
http://https://webgate.epa.eu/previe...00000402209905
http://https://webgate.epa.eu/previe...00000402209906
Old 06-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

You can discuss her dress, in the fashion thread if you like.
This is a thread about Princess Madeleines current events, not the wedding, there are two other threads for that.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine är tillbaka | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
Old 07-01-2010, 02:24 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

All posts about Madeleine hosting the WCF gala in London have been moved to the The Swedish Royals and The World Childhood Foundation thread
Old 07-06-2010, 01:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to the court website, Madeleine will attend the birthday celebrations of Victoriaday on the 14th July with the King, the Queen and prince Carl Philip.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 07-06-2010, 02:37 AM
Commoner

Oh yay!!!! Too bad the actual person's birthday won't be there. Lol!
Old 07-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Courtier

PM in the cover of Hola with the youger brother of the duke of Feria

Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic Pic
Old 07-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Courtier

seems the ex boyfriend of Amanda Seyfried, Dominic put himself up as a prize for a date and princess Madeleine's friend bid and won him for her.
Sasha's ultimatum brings bachelor Dan to his knee | Mail Online
Old 07-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1 View Post
seems the ex boyfriend of Amanda Seyfried, Dominic put himself up as a prize for a date and princess Madeleine's friend bid and won him for her.
Sasha's ultimatum brings bachelor Dan to his knee | Mail Online

Run Madeleine!! He's a womaniser!
Old 07-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I wouldn't call him a womaniser IMO.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Courtier

Not sure if he is a womaniser but he was with Linsay in Cannes this year so imo not boyfriend material
Old 07-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
Not sure if he is a womaniser but he was with Linsay in Cannes this year so imo not boyfriend material

Exactly!
Old 07-20-2010, 03:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to Daniel Nyhlén from Svensk Damtidning, Madeleine was partying at the night clubs of Båstad last week(end).
Så smugglades Madeleine runt på Båstads klubbar | Daniel Nyhléns kungliga blogg
Google Translate

Closed Thread