The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 04:28 AM
Aristocracy

An rich american guy, two spoilt kids, divorce (1), looking like an 55 year old leather bag at 40.
Things in my crystal ball are very clear, but not very pretty.

I´d probably also live abroad, if I´d be the daughter of a king, but with her lack of work ethics and commitment, I am not sure, if Madeleine will be able to say "I am satisfied" 10 years from now.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:39 AM
Courtier

She seemed desperately unhappy with him, but she also seems desperately unhappy without him. I think it will be a long time before we see her with someone else let alone married. She seems to be going into exile and leaving Sweden far behind.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'm glad that she is back, and I don't think she should consider living abroad, not until Victoria has children old enough to do royal duties.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

The cover of Expressen:
Expressen
"The King had enough - forced Madde to come home"
Old 06-13-2010, 06:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

^^^^^^
I can believe that.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:16 AM
Nobility

With a week until the wedding, it sure must be time for Maddie to be home. Surely she planned to arrive when she did all along, after all, there are gala's and dinner's to attend this week. Spoilt she may be, but I doubt she would want to spoil her only sister's wedding.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The cover of Expressen:
Expressen
Interestin that is when she decides to come home just in time for the wedding they make it seem that the king had enough & forced her back. She is to attened the wedding therefore she was to be back sooner or later.

If she had been back a week or two ago and the headlines came out like that then I would buy it.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
She seemed desperately unhappy with him, but she also seems desperately unhappy without him. I think it will be a long time before we see her with someone else let alone married. She seems to be going into exile and leaving Sweden far behind.
She is young and will have many opportunities. Or she may pull a Princess Irene of Greece trick as well.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Nobility

she's back in sweden, as of June 10:
BelgaPicture - Simple search

odd that with all the speculation and madeleine-watching there hasnt been more made of her being in sweden and cheerfully attending events.

good for her for attending charity events before the wedding, so the focus during the wedding events isn't all about spotting madeleine.

on the other hand, for those who suspect she's an attention-getter: she's at the event with a NY Rangers hockey player, starting the new romance rumors going days before the wedding.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Courtier

is the goalie sewdish? but plays for new york?
Old 06-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3 View Post
she's back in sweden, as of June 10:
BelgaPicture - Simple search

odd that with all the speculation and madeleine-watching there hasnt been more made of her being in sweden and cheerfully attending events.

good for her for attending charity events before the wedding, so the focus during the wedding events isn't all about spotting madeleine.

on the other hand, for those who suspect she's an attention-getter: she's at the event with a NY Rangers hockey player, starting the new romance rumors going days before the wedding.
These ones are old pictures from 2008 but Madeleine has been in Sweden since yesterday

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 06-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3 View Post
Those photos at BelgaPicture were taken on the 4th July 2008, published again on the 10th June ...
BelgaPicture
Old 06-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm glad she's back.
More pics of Madeleine at JFK airport in New York.
myroyal's: PRINCESS MADELEINE
Old 06-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Nobility

thanks for the date correction! i just saw the pics of her in jfk, heading back to sweden, and was wondering where the mistake was - is she newly in sweden or in sweden since june 10 and attending sailing races?!
Old 06-13-2010, 08:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
She is young and will have many opportunities. Or she may pull a Princess Irene of Greece trick as well.
I doubt that we are going to see the not so spiritual and smoking Maddie go to India and do charity work. I seriously doubt that a princess who is rumoured and alleged to have had minor breast implants and a slight nose job go to India like Irene has for the plight of the impoverished and other causes.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The cover of Expressen:
Expressen
I have never known King Carl Gustav to have ever had a problem with anybody in headlines.There has been nothing but peace since he married and even before.
Eight years down the drain with Jonas and then this pseudo insolent behaviour. I hope Maddie sits down and realizes just how fortunate she is and assists the family in every way possible.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:28 AM
Serene Highness

I hope for Madde that the TV stations in the church does not permanently turn the cameras towards Madeleine during the wedding ceremony. If I were her, I would have the biggest problems during this hour not to get some wet eyes.
BYe Bine
Old 06-16-2010, 08:19 AM
Courtier

Maybe they decided to have no bridesmaid to avoid too much attention on Madeleine....
Old 06-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Courtier

I read (somewhere) that the King wanted only "traditional un-married" ladies as bridesmaids, but all ofVictoria's best friends have now married. So as not to hurt them she agreed to have -0- no bridesmaid and that included her sister. Truee or not, only a couple of more days to verify it
Old 06-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Courtier

The King wanted? Excuse me, but is it his wedding her his daughters wedding? What does he have to decide? Victoria is old enough to make her own decision about her wedding. The King doesn't have a right to decide something like that.

Closed Thread