Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
she's back in sweden, as of June 10:
BelgaPicture - Simple search

odd that with all the speculation and madeleine-watching there hasnt been more made of her being in sweden and cheerfully attending events.

good for her for attending charity events before the wedding, so the focus during the wedding events isn't all about spotting madeleine.

on the other hand, for those who suspect she's an attention-getter: she's at the event with a NY Rangers hockey player, starting the new romance rumors going days before the wedding.
These ones are old pictures from 2008:flowers: but Madeleine has been in Sweden since yesterday;)

on the other hand, for those who suspect she's an attention-getter: she's at the event with a NY Rangers hockey player, starting the new romance rumors going days before the wedding.

Those photos at BelgaPicture were taken on the 4th July 2008, published again on the 10th June ...
BelgaPicture

thanks for the date correction! i just saw the pics of her in jfk, heading back to sweden, and was wondering where the mistake was - is she newly in sweden or in sweden since june 10 and attending sailing races?!

She is young and will have many opportunities. Or she may pull a Princess Irene of Greece trick as well.
I doubt that we are going to see the not so spiritual and smoking Maddie go to India and do charity work. I seriously doubt that a princess who is rumoured and alleged to have had minor breast implants and a slight nose job go to India like Irene has for the plight of the impoverished and other causes.

The cover of Expressen:
Expressen
"The King had enough - forced Madde to come home"
I have never known King Carl Gustav to have ever had a problem with anybody in headlines.There has been nothing but peace since he married and even before.
Eight years down the drain with Jonas and then this pseudo insolent behaviour. I hope Maddie sits down and realizes just how fortunate she is and assists the family in every way possible.

I hope for Madde that the TV stations in the church does not permanently turn the cameras towards Madeleine during the wedding ceremony. If I were her, I would have the biggest problems during this hour not to get some wet eyes.
BYe Bine

Maybe they decided to have no bridesmaid to avoid too much attention on Madeleine....

I read (somewhere) that the King wanted only "traditional un-married" ladies as bridesmaids, but all ofVictoria's best friends have now married. So as not to hurt them she agreed to have -0- no bridesmaid and that included her sister. Truee or not, only a couple of more days to verify it

The King wanted? Excuse me, but is it his wedding her his daughters wedding? What does he have to decide? Victoria is old enough to make her own decision about her wedding. The King doesn't have a right to decide something like that.

I totally agree with you, KitKat - I would be so annoyed if my dad were dictating who my bridesmaids could or couldn't be!

The emphasis on unmarried women as bridesmaids seems odd to me, anyway. Is this a common custom in Europe? I've never heard of it being an issue in the U.S. - a girl just picks her closest friends regardless of their marital status. I have a friend marrying next summer with a married woman as a bridesmaid, and nobody's even noticed.

Well he is The King...
Whatever he says goes I suppose.

The emphasis on unmarried women as bridesmaids seems odd to me, anyway. Is this a common custom in Europe? I've never heard of it being an issue in the U.S. - a girl just picks her closest friends regardless of their marital status. I have a friend marrying next summer with a married woman as a bridesmaid, and nobody's even noticed.

I can't say for sure regarding other european countries, but in Germany bridesmaids as you know them in the U.S. aren't very common. Usually it's just the maid of honour and the best man and that's all. But in that case it's completely unimportant if they're married or not. My maid of honour wasn't married, but that was completely coincidental. It was my best friend and I would have chosen her either way and no-one could have stopped me.

Well he is The King...
Whatever he says goes I suppose.

Exactly! He is the King! Not a Dictator! He's just a representative person and even if he had any might in his hands he shouldn't use it in this case. Victoria and Daniel are the ones to decide whatever is happening. No-one else!

I read (somewhere) that the King wanted only "traditional un-married" ladies as bridesmaids, but all ofVictoria's best friends have now married. So as not to hurt them she agreed to have -0- no bridesmaid and that included her sister. Truee or not, only a couple of more days to verify it
Can someone confirm this or is it just yet another urban legend? :ermm:

Yesterday they said that it's ben planned since the beginning that she will have no bridesmaids.

Yesterday they said that it's ben planned since the beginning that she will have no bridesmaids.

Ok, first everybody's mad because Victoria wants her dad to walk her down the aisle. Now the King decrees that bridesmaids should be single.
Gee, I'm glad I'm a non-royal not bound by any traditions other than my own:flowers:.

But I love the royals, all of them, and I wish Victoria all the best. And if she wants her dad to walk her down the aisle just because she wants to have him there, not necessarily to give her away, let her have her way on her wedding day. It will only last a few minutes and it won't hurt anybody.:) Everybody should lighten up...:ROFLMAO:

Seriously what the heck did Madeleine wear to the wedding?!? Soooo disappointed.

Whatever about her not being aorund for ages in the run up to her sister's wedding,cancelling her apperances and depriving all of the royal wedding starved public of another royal wedding..She let down this big fan with THAT dress! Yuck!

She looks like blue cabbage..although it is a very nice shade of blue..aanndd her hair and make are super pretty.

Why didn't she wear that nice gown from the government dinner the night before? She looked stunning in that.

The blue cabbage dress
http://https://webgate.epa.eu/previ...04849a834e2bbf73c3568899&IMGID=00000402211278

The dove grey gown from the government dinner the night before - much better!
http://https://webgate.epa.eu/previ...4c64b8487a89abdbee82539c&IMGID=00000402209905
http://https://webgate.epa.eu/previ...4c64b8487a89abdbee82539c&IMGID=00000402209906

You can discuss her dress, in the fashion thread if you like.
This is a thread about Princess Madeleines current events, not the wedding, there are two other threads for that.

Oh yay!!!! Too bad the actual person's birthday won't be there. Lol!

I wouldn't call him a womaniser IMO.

Not sure if he is a womaniser but he was with Linsay in Cannes this year so imo not boyfriend material :argh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom