The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #761  
Old 03-31-2012, 10:40 PM
sheikah deena's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: amman, Jordan
Posts: 1,983
very Nice Pics , Princess Madleleine Looks Beautiful Casual and nice , Thank you All for posting
__________________

__________________
Respect people who find time for you in their busy schedule. But love people who never look at their schedule when you need them.
  #762  
Old 03-31-2012, 10:45 PM
Grandduchess24's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cambridge, United States
Posts: 1,316
Princess Madeline looks nice fir this event.
__________________

__________________
" An ugly baby is a very nasty object, and the prettiest is frightful when undressed."
- Queen Victoria
  #763  
Old 03-31-2012, 11:51 PM
Parrothead's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 265
I'm glad to see that she and WCF staff members visited these great organizations in my home town. Every year the company I work for does a day of volunteering (globally) and these organizations are some of the places that we help at. All do such incredible work with kids...I'm glad she was able to see it in person.
  #764  
Old 04-01-2012, 03:55 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,533
Royal reporter Johan T Lindwall (who has followed the royal family for 15 years) said to finnish Iltasanomat about Madeleine submitting a notification of 'moving abroad' to tax authorities and moving to the States: "This is not happy news for the royal family. She is a swedish princess after all, and now it´s her choice to move away from Sweden."
Prinsessa Madeleine jättää Ruotsin - Ilta-Sanomat
  #765  
Old 04-01-2012, 05:06 AM
Boris's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 2,203
Princess Madeleine moved to NYC some time ago, and the thing that might be "not happy news" indeed would be if she did not notify the tax authorities about it...
I'm beginning to run out of patience for this petty tendency to criticize the woman in an exaggerated manner for each and everything she does or does not do.
  #766  
Old 04-01-2012, 07:12 AM
ladyroyal's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Växjö, Sweden
Posts: 16
Nice to read about Princess Madeleine's visit to Texas for Childhood Foundation. It's not very often we get to know about her work there. This trip she made last week.

https://www.childhood-usa.org/news/2...ildrens-needs/
__________________
Welcome to visit my royal blog:
http://kungligheter.blogspot.com
  #767  
Old 04-01-2012, 08:00 AM
principessa's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Schweinfurt, Germany
Posts: 3,092
How many godchildren does Madeleine have until now?
__________________
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
  #768  
Old 04-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Princess Madeleine moved to NYC some time ago, and the thing that might be "not happy news" indeed would be if she did not notify the tax authorities about it...
I'm beginning to run out of patience for this petty tendency to criticize the woman in an exaggerated manner for each and everything she does or does not do.
I absolutely agree.
  #769  
Old 04-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyroyal View Post
Nice to read about Princess Madeleine's visit to Texas for Childhood Foundation. It's not very often we get to know about her work there. This trip she made last week.

https://www.childhood-usa.org/news/2...ildrens-needs/
According to the article there are 6,000 reported cases of child abuse in Dallas county every year. The population in the county is 2,5 million.
That should put the magnitude of the problem worldwide that Childhood foundation is working on.

I applaud Princess Madeleine for having the desire to work with the issues of abused children. It takes special people to daily be surrounded by stories, programs and the actual victims of abuse. It leaves one totally drained when no matter how much one works it seems as if there are just more and more victims to reach.

Princess Madeleine through her work does more good in any one single day than most royal do in their lifetime. In the end cutting ribbons in the latest Prada seems rather meaningless.
  #770  
Old 04-01-2012, 02:51 PM
principessa's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Schweinfurt, Germany
Posts: 3,092
I think that Madeleine will become the next leader of the World Childhood Foundation after Queen Silvia won't be able to continue her work at the Foundation.
__________________
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
  #771  
Old 04-01-2012, 05:50 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 8,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
How many godchildren does Madeleine have until now?
I don't think she has none.
  #772  
Old 04-01-2012, 06:13 PM
agami.pearl's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: -, Poland
Posts: 1,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
How many godchildren does Madeleine have until now?
I remember pictures from few years ago of Madeleine and CP who attended at the baptism of child someone from their family (I think from paternal site but I'm not sure). It was told that both were godparents. But I forget details.
  #773  
Old 04-01-2012, 06:21 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 8,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
I remember pictures from few years ago of Madeleine and CP who attended at the baptism of child someone from their family (I think from paternal site but I'm not sure). It was told that both were godparents. But I forget details.
Thanks for that, I never knew that.I hope she is one of the godparents for Estelle!
  #774  
Old 04-01-2012, 06:27 PM
MagMil's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Skopje, Macedonia
Posts: 2,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
I remember pictures from few years ago of Madeleine and CP who attended at the baptism of child someone from their family (I think from paternal site but I'm not sure). It was told that both were godparents. But I forget details.
I think that she is godmother to one of Prince Pavlos and Marie Chantel's children.
__________________
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. - Robert Frost
  #775  
Old 04-02-2012, 11:11 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,533
Iltalehti has put together the articles in Expressen and Aftonbladet about Madeleine´s permanent move to the United States.
Now it is official: Madeleine has left Sweden
Last week Madeleine told in an interview that she has informed the tax authorities about her move to USA. This predicts a permanent change, although Madeleine tells the other.
According to Aftonbladet, the visa Madeleine has doesn´t allow her to get any salary from her work in USA. Her charitable work at the Childhood Foundation is accepted, but she can´t have any salary from it. The visa Madeleine has is similar to those the other members of the royal family and the diplomats have.
- The difference is that Madeleine doesn´t get salary from the state of Sweden of her work, tells Alex Calissendorf, a lawyer working for the king.
The princess has during the last year been widely criticized about that she is spending the taxpayers' money to a luxurious life in USA. To correct this the court gave a press release some time ago and told that while living abroad Madeleine can´t have any part of the royal apanage.
According to Aftonbladet the status of her visa means practically that Madeleine is living with the king's money (I think the articles mean the private money). And in addition to this her livelihood is probably taken care of by businessman Chris O'Neill.
Madeleine is rarely seen in Sweden and it took almost a week for her to arrive to see her niece. The poll made almost at the same time showed that the people have a very low trust on Madeleine, only a third of the Swedes trust on Madeleine, who is seen as a lazy person.
The princess has promised to arrive to the baptism of Estelle, but in the future she will be seen even less in Sweden. According to Expressen the work in Childhood will remain as Madeleine's main job, but she is also wished to do the same kind of work as diplomats do for Sweden in USA.
- She is a good ambassador for Sweden and the Chamber of Commerce. Her participation and support means a lot, says the President of the Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce, Renée Lundholm.
Nyt se on virallista: Madde hylkäsi Ruotsin | Kuninkaalliset | Iltalehti.fi
  #776  
Old 04-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Iltalehti has put together the articles in Expressen and Aftonbladet about Madeleine´s permanent move to the United States.
Now it is official: Madeleine has left Sweden
Last week Madeleine told in an interview that she has informed the tax authorities about her move to USA. This predicts a permanent change, although Madeleine tells the other.
According to Aftonbladet, the visa Madeleine has doesn´t allow her to get any salary from her work in USA. Her charitable work at the Childhood Foundation is accepted, but she can´t have any salary from it. The visa Madeleine has is similar to those the other members of the royal family and the diplomats have.
- The difference is that Madeleine doesn´t get salary from the state of Sweden of her work, tells Alex Calissendorf, a lawyer working for the king.
The princess has during the last year been widely criticized about that she is spending the taxpayers' money to a luxurious life in USA. To correct this the court gave a press release some time ago and told that while living abroad Madeleine can´t have any part of the royal apanage.
According to Aftonbladet the status of her visa means practically that Madeleine is living with the king's money (I think the articles mean the private money). And in addition to this her livelihood is probably taken care of by businessman Chris O'Neill.
Madeleine is rarely seen in Sweden and it took almost a week for her to arrive to see her niece. The poll made almost at the same time showed that the people have a very low trust on Madeleine, only a third of the Swedes trust on Madeleine, who is seen as a lazy person.
The princess has promised to arrive to the baptism of Estelle, but in the future she will be seen even less in Sweden. According to Expressen the work in Childhood will remain as Madeleine's main job, but she is also wished to do the same kind of work as diplomats do for Sweden in USA.
- She is a good ambassador for Sweden and the Chamber of Commerce. Her participation and support means a lot, says the President of the Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce, Renée Lundholm.
Nyt se on virallista: Madde hylkäsi Ruotsin | Kuninkaalliset | Iltalehti.fi

What kind of visa does Madeleine have?
  #777  
Old 04-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: casablanca, Morocco
Posts: 288
I don't want to be hard with Madeleine , I don't believe that she left her country only for work with childhood but because of her new love interest , but how can she trust another man after her story with Jonas , what will happen if her new love story turn down is she gonna left New York ? her position and power come only from her family and the Swedish people
  #778  
Old 04-02-2012, 03:14 PM
marine2109's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 1,827
Quote:
Madeleine of Sweden: 'It hurts me to say I live a life of luxury.' Work on the foundation and represent my country when I am asked '
Magdalena de Suecia: 'Me duele que se diga que vivo una vida de lujo en Nueva York. Trabajo en la fundación de mi madre y represento a Suecia cuando se me pide'

Google Google Translate
  #779  
Old 04-02-2012, 06:28 PM
cmbruno's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by madrid View Post
What kind of visa does Madeleine have?
probably a diplomatic one
  #780  
Old 04-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Thena's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 431
Madeleine is the youngest child of the king and fourth in line to the throne now that Victoria and Daniel have their little princess. It's very unlikely that Madeleine will inherit the throne, so she has found useful occupation elsewhere. I can understand why people are upset if she is going to living outside of Sweden. But on the other hand, she's found a way to escape the hassles that Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie have in the UK. I'm sure that if Beatrice found a job in New York working for a charity, it would be a relief for the PR people at Buckingham Palace.

And the United States is very strict about having the proper visa before you can legally work for income. Madeleine probably had some type of diplomatic visa that they give to embassy workers, and that visa type does not allow her to conduct business. Plus, her higher profile means that she can't afford to make a bad move.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 9: June 2012 - JessRulz Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill and Family 275 11-04-2016 02:33 PM
Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 7: February 2008 - May 2010 Her_Majesty Current Events Archive 398 06-01-2010 12:03 PM
Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström, Current Events Part 1: Aug 2003 - June 2006 Helen_ Current Events Archive 271 06-19-2006 10:04 AM
Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 4: June 2005 - January 2006 Yennie Current Events Archive 213 01-25-2006 09:57 AM
Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 3: August 2004 - June 2005 Josefine Current Events Archive 279 06-26-2005 09:56 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit bragança catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy murdoch new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess charlene daytime fashion princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats prinsjesdag queen anne-marie queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sverre magnus sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:16 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises