The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 06:38 AM
Aristocracy

Monicas blogg: februari 2012

Here is a video of her arriving in Stockholm

Old 03-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The court has a new comment about Madeleine and the apanage on their website:
Kommentar med anledning av artiklar om Prinsessan Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus
Google translation
This is exactly how I always thought (and said here) how this whole affaire is handled. Madeleine isn't doing anything wrong, gets only appanage-money when on royal duties (even if they're only a few) and lives of private money all the other time. All this fuss has been about competely nothing.

Let's wait and see what's next. Maybe a secret engagement with Chris? Eloping to Las Vegas? Bonding and becoming best friends with Sofia?

I'm really curious what's next.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

This is almost funny, the court has put Madeleine to visit every organisation she has had some contact to: Today she visited SOS Children's Village Head Office. Next week she visits Min Stora Dags head office, BRIS (Children's Rights in Society) head office and Save the Children head office. All these events have been put to her calendar today, so they have been planned in a hurry.
H.K.H. Prinsessan Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 03-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Nobility

A agree with you really it's funny
Old 03-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Well, they had to do something, and I for one am glad they did.
Hopefully, Madeline's public engagements in Sweden will help to if not resolve than at least mute the issues with her lack of activity in the country.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
This is almost funny, the court has put Madeleine to visit every organisation she has had some contact to: Today she visited SOS Children's Village Head Office. Next week she visits Min Stora Dags head office, BRIS (Children's Rights in Society) head office and Save the Children head office. All these events have been put to her calendar today, so they have been planned in a hurry.
H.K.H. Prinsessan Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
DAMAGE CONTROL Somebody must have really become concerned about the recent headlines. YES, SHE REALLY DOES WORK FOR SWEDEN AND DESERVES HER APANAGE!
Old 03-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Serene Highness

The way this whole mess has been handled is a nightmare! The RF need a new PR person ASAP. Personally I believe Madeleine either needs to live a private life in New York and forget about being Royal in her own right as much as possible (not being paid by apanage, no diplomatic link, no public work) or becomes a "full time" royal in Sweden. It seems to be she is trying to have her cake and eat it - I want the good bits of being royal with the very occassional public duty in return. Do one or the other, both is impossible.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Do one or the other, both is impossible.
As a matter of fact, both is very possible for almost every younger sibling of heirs to the throne in all the Eropean monarchies.
I find it quite odd that Princess Madeleine appears to be given a hard time because of making choices in life which are being made by others in her position as well, without anyone considering them to be so controversial.

As for the Bernadotte's PR situation, IMO 'nightmare' is unfortunately the right word...
Old 03-12-2012, 08:28 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Princess Madeleine visited the SOS Children's Villages headquarters in Stockholm on Friday.

Prinsessan Madeleine besökte SOS-Barnbyar - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 03-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
DAMAGE CONTROL Somebody must have really become concerned about the recent headlines. YES, SHE REALLY DOES WORK FOR SWEDEN AND DESERVES HER APANAGE!
At least they understood the seriousness of the negative media attention.... and they are doing something against it! Better than nothing!
BYe Bine
Old 03-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I am glad the Royal Family, and Madeleine in particular, understood the seriousness of the situation. Hopefully, with more official engagements in Sweden, the Princess will be able to put the negative press behind.
The thing is, Madeleine is and will always be Princess of Sweden; unless she relinquishes all her titles and styles, she has to do engagements on behalf of the Crown.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia
I am glad the Royal Family, and Madeleine in particular, understood the seriousness of the situation. Hopefully, with more official engagements in Sweden, the Princess will be able to put the negative press behind.
The thing is, Madeleine is and will always be Princess of Sweden; unless she relinquishes all her titles and styles, she has to do engagements on behalf of the Crown.
Well, many Royals who are not heirs keep their titles and only do the occasional duty (the Spanish Infantas, the younger Dutch Princes, similarly in Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, etc). I think the issue with Madeleine is that she's working for her mother's organization. If she were seen to be earning her living independently and without the possibility of receiving taxpayer money for apparently doing very little, I doubt people will complain about the title.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Nobility

The Princess really looks good there in the pic. There's always going to be something impeccable, incomparable and highly unique about the mystery of such a woman. It's like there's a kingdom when just peering into her eyes, where one can respect the idea of the free and fathomable in her preferences. She's a wonder by birth and so is her journey. I hope to keep seeing her smile like there and bringing it for us unto another day.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Madeleine is just so pretty. I adore her hair. The images are lovely, she has such a nice, genuine smile.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Madeleine She Looks Beautifull and Simple , But I Think The Blond Color Hair Looks Better On her Than Brown , But Dark Hair also Nice & Suitable on her face
Old 03-13-2012, 01:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen about the criticism towards Madeleine and that she has got some work events last and this week:
The princess takes the opportunity to do some things now that she is at home in Stockholm,. Some things are not really public. But there have been some criticizing because it has been too little about her business. Now we have taken the initiative to publish more information as you can see what the the princess does, said Bertil Ternert, director of the information department.
The royal expert Sten Hedman, however, is skeptical of court claims that it is only the information about Madeleine's commitments that will change.
- It is obvious that the family has responded to the criticism. Now she has so to speak, started working for the company. I believe that the King has stressed out something, which he really had to do, says Sten Hedman.
- I do not know how long Princess Madeleine staying in Sweden. But there are a number of days still, says Bertil Ternert.
Hovets svar på kritiken mot Madeleine | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation
Old 03-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Nobility

Princess Madeleine of Sweden visit Save the children Sweden's head office
ImageBam
ImageBam
ImageBam
ImageBam
Old 03-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Loved the recent pictures of Princess Madeline, thanks for posting! love seeing her in Sweden.....
Old 03-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

It's so wonderful to see back home. I hope she is enjoying the time with Estelle and her family.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Billed-Bladet - Kongehuset optrapper - prinsesse Madeleine får travlt

Finnish Iltasanomat quotes Madeleine´s short interview in Expressen:
Madeleine says: It´s wonderful to be at home! During these last few days I have visited several organisations. I really try to work as hard as I can, when I´m home. It seems now that I will live in New York and work for Childhood. But I will visit home during the spring.
Nyt puhuu Madeleine - tässäkö piste laiskuusväitteille? - Ilta-Sanomat

Closed Thread