The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 01:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
I wonder if there is a similar discussion in the Netherland about prince Constantijn as there is about Madeleine? Their situation is similar, both are the third child of a monarch and work abroad and doesn't participate in many royal engagements. Or is the discussion here and in Swedish papers because Madeleine is a female and therefore expected to "just" be a princess, to be pretty and be engaged with royal duties and not work outside the traditional role of royal princesses?
I think one thing which affects also that Madeleine is not married and she has no children, so people see that she should have time for royal duties.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:33 AM
Nobility

in expressen today they are piscture of madeleine and sofia together

Old 03-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude
I wonder if there is a similar discussion in the Netherland about prince Constantijn as there is about Madeleine? Their situation is similar, both are the third child of a monarch and work abroad and doesn't participate in many royal engagements. Or is the discussion here and in Swedish papers because Madeleine is a female and therefore expected to "just" be a princess, to be pretty and be engaged with royal duties and not work outside the traditional role of royal princesses?
I'm afraid you are right. There are indeed many people that wants Madeleine to just be a pretty "doll princess" and not a working "modern princess".
Old 03-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I think one thing which affects also that Madeleine is not married and she has no children, so people see that she should have time for royal duties.
But didn't the two younger Dutch princes (and princess Margriet's sons) live and work abroad and had few royal duties before their marriages? Or is it so that male junior royals are allowed to work outside the "royal sphere" while female junior royals are supposed to follow in the footsteps of what is considered as traditional female royal duties while unmarried?
Old 03-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Constantijn and Madeleine cannot be compared, he has held several "proper" jobs that had nothing to do with the royal house, earning his own living. He has been very independent in that sense (unlike Madeleine, working for her mother's foundation) and only very rarely doing royal engagemements.

Unlike Madeleine, neither Constantijn nor his brother Friso were ever looking to have the best out of both worlds.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Bertil Ternert has given a new version of Madeleine and apanage to Aftonbladet:
- The majority of the expenses she has is privately paid, he says.
- But when she is performing the official duties of Sweden, she is funded by the tradition from the apanage.
So the Princess gets still part of apanage now that she lives in New York?
- There may be additional costs for when she makes assignments in the U.S., says Ternert.
A year ago you said that she lived in the apanage when she was there.
- She had higher costs for her home then. But what exactly was the apanage or private, I can not speak about. Frankly, I do not know it.
The question now is which version is correct.
- Certainly, I know how things are. But since he (Ternert) has commented on this issue, I would like to check with him first, says superintendent Jan Lindman, who works with the royal family's finances.
- We will come back, he concluded, but he never did return to this issue.
Nya uppgifter: Madde lever både på privata pengar och apanage | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 03-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Why doesnt this man shut up once and for all??? With every statement he gives, he makes the situation worse and more confusing.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

The court: Madeleine has no plans to leave the U.S.

Madeleine has lived in New York for two years - and wants to stay.
- She will continue to live and work in the U.S., says Bertil Ternert, court information officer.
Madeleine´s relationship with the American financier Chris O'Neill, has deepened. The couple have lived together since November. Now they have also decided to have a new home in an exclusive four-room apartment in one of Manhattan's finest addresses.
- Madeleine lives and works in the U.S. and currently there is no end date for it. At the same time the princess experiences that there is a strong criticism in Sweden when she returns here, says Ternert.

Madeleine works as Project Officer for the charity organization World Childhood Foundation. But alongside the princess has not represented Sweden very often - which has attracted criticism.
In 2012, Princess has so far implemented one official mission - giving her bottom position in the royal family.
- There will be more assignments. At the same time it must be remembered that all that the princess does in Childhood can not be included in the calendar for ethical reasons, says Bertil Ternert.
Bor kvar – på obestämd tid | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 03-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Nobility

I have a feeling that the royal court dont know WTF Madeleine is actually doing and how she is getting her money.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Madeleine Look Very Nice , She Look Elegant In Casual
Old 03-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
I have a feeling that the royal court dont know WTF Madeleine is actually doing and how she is getting her money.
I think they know, at least for the money part, but they don't want to tell the truth.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Courtier

I would like to see the pic of Madeleine with Sofia published in today in Expressen. Perhaps one of our swedish members could upload it ?
Old 03-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
I would like to see the pic of Madeleine with Sofia published in today in Expressen. Perhaps one of our swedish members could upload it ?
I put the photos earlier this evening to this thread of the swedish royal family:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-30000-13.html
Old 03-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's a link as well:

MYROYALS
Old 03-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Courtier

thank you both of you!
Old 03-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

At Expressen Extra:
The court is forced to put pressure on the Princess
Madeleine defies her family again
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandler...c-9f963f222e3b

The court has a new comment about Madeleine and the apanage on their website:
Kommentar med anledning av artiklar om Prinsessan Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus
Google translation
Old 03-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The court has a new comment about Madeleine and the apanage on their website:
Kommentar med anledning av artiklar om Prinsessan Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus
Google translation
This is the first official press release from the Palace regarding the matter, and IMO it should actually have been the Palace's only reaction, instead of various cantadictory phone conversations of PR Chief Ternert with various tabloids.
Now it will hopefully be the last statement made.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Serene Highness

It's time to fire Bertil Ternert or let Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg educate himin how to be the press chief to the royal court. My patience with him is running out. The monarchy is not something we can take for granted in Sweden so it is very important that the information department is doing a very good job.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Here's a link as well:

MYROYALS
Wonderful Pictures They Look Amazing All , Like Them Very Much , My Favorite Princess Letizia & Duchess Of Cambridge Thank you Baroness of Book for posting
Old 03-09-2012, 05:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
It's time to fire Bertil Ternert or let Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg educate himin how to be the press chief to the royal court. My patience with him is running out. The monarchy is not something we can take for granted in Sweden so it is very important that the information department is doing a very good job.
He should have been fired long time ago. King's interview last year, bragging about Sofia H., Madeleine's appanage...just to mention a few big fails on his side.

Closed Thread