The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
SvenskDam writes that Madeleine was seen on Tuesday walking at the Humlegård Street. with her beloved dog Zorro.
And the director of the press department, Bertil Ternert tells:
Madeleine continues to work with the Childhood in New York. Plans for how long the princess is going to stay in the United States Ternert did not want to comment, nor about how Madeleine will help with the official duties when the Crown Princess couple will take parental leave. Ternert emphasizes that the work that Madeleine does on Childhood is a full-time job, and that she does above all the official duties which take place in the United States.
Some have wondered about the princess's life in the U.S. and if she is financed by taxpayers' money during her stay there.
How much of her income is actually from the apanage?
- It is more private than many believe. However, we report no details of the economy of the royal family, explains Ternert.
http://svenskdam.se/2011/12/madeleine-ater-hemma-i-sverige-men-snart-reser-hon-igen/

First Ternert said a long time ago, that Madeleine lives on an apanage in NY, and now it is mostly private. Doesn´t he remember what he has said earlier?

What is her full-time job for Childhood Foundation exactly? Does she make paperwork or what?

Old 12-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Nobility

Where she live in NYC, has she bought un appartement ?

Old 01-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Well she is a Princess and she a member of the Royal Sweden House so she can afford what she wants and she doens't nee to have any paid job...ever in her life...she is Princess with a big P...
Old 01-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Well she is a Princess and she a member of the Royal Sweden House so she can afford what she wants and she doens't nee to have any paid job...ever in her life...she is Princess with a big P...
Ternert emphasizes that the work that Madeleine does on Childhood is a full-time job. It was said by spokeperson of the royal house. Many people want to know what is her full-time job exactly.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana View Post
Where she live in NYC, has she bought un appartement ?
Yes she has an apartment.
I believe it's in the Soho area.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

From magazine "S":
Madeleine betrayed Sofia again. The Princess was at home a short time over Christmas and decided to meet with Carl Philip's ex Emma Pernald instead of his current girlfriend.
- It is still very infected between Madde and Sophia, none of them can accept the other, said a person with insight.
After Madeleine returned from Verbier to Sweden for a few days and chose to hang out with Emma Pernald.
- They had lunch together at a restaurant Saturn in Östermalm in Stockholm, it is one of Madeleine's tribal areas in Stockholm, said a person close to the royal children from childhood.
- For Sofia, it feels like a betrayal of Madeleine, she continues to be so close to Emma instead of choosing to learn to know Sofia better, says a source of S.
Här är Maddes nya svek mot Sofia - Tidningen S
Google translation
Old 01-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, Madeleine is not obliged to be Sofia's friend and express hypocritical affection. I think her relation with Sofia is rather neutral, but the media tries to present it in a rather unfriendly way.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Well, Madeleine is not obliged to be Sofia's friend and express hypocritical affection. I think her relation with Sofia is rather neutral, but the media tries to present it in a rather unfriendly way.

I agree with you And because Carl Phillip is with Sofia, that doesn't mean that Madeleine should not be friends with Emma
Old 01-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Royal Highness

Maddie knows Emma for years and seems to be close with her. No surprise that they're spending time together when she's on Sweden. Sofia is not her favorite but she has full right to not to be. Fact that she's dating her brother doesn't mean that Maddie and her must be best friends. Of course press tries to show it as a big conflict and I'm pretty sure that whole case is not that serious. Interesting that it's always Madeleine who is guilty...
Old 01-27-2012, 06:05 AM
Administrator

Princess Madeleine attended the performance of the Swedish National Youth Orchestra
at Carnegie Hall in New York City on January 26, 2012.

** Pic ** belga gallery ** gettyimages **
Old 01-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princess Madeleine attended the performance of the Swedish National Youth Orchestra
at Carnegie Hall in New York City on January 26, 2012.

** Pic ** belga gallery ** gettyimages **
You can see from the photos that Chris O´Neill was with her.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Nobility

carl philip and sofia doing activity together and now chris and madeleine
Old 01-29-2012, 07:54 AM
Administrator

I've totally overseen him, I thought it was a bodyguard holding the umbrella

Here's a gallery with bigger versions (that make it a bit easier ) - just click to enlarge:

** Princesse Madeleine : Son gentleman de boyfriend Chris O'Neill la rend radieuse **
Old 02-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Princess Madeleine's little rebellion
Billed-Bladet - Prinsesse Madeleines lille oprør

Google Google Translate
Old 02-24-2012, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent

why she is not in Sweden already???
Old 02-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Had it been announced that she would return for the birth of the baby? Is there some reason why she was obligated to be there for the naming ceremony? Presumably she could congratulate her sister and Daniel over the phone, but other than that there doesnt seem to be aneed for her to be in Stockhom except perhaps for a photo op.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Had it been announced that she would return for the birth of the baby? Is there some reason why she was obligated to be there for the naming ceremony? Presumably she could congratulate her sister and Daniel over the phone, but other than that there doesnt seem to be aneed for her to be in Stockhom except perhaps for a photo op.
Because a congratulations over the phone is nothing compared to one in person? She's Victoria's sister. I don't see why it would need to be announced for Madeleine to return to her own country, it's not like she's on some foreign visit. There is no obligation to be in Sweden, but IMO it reflects poorly on the kind of person she's become if she can't be bothered to come home for the birth of her sisters first child and her niece. Perhaps the need is to support her sister.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Courtier

I believe the court already announced that she'll be home in the next few days. At least that's what I've read somewhere today.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Aristocracy

i dont think there is anything wrong with her not being back in Sweden right now at this very instant . she has a life in NYC now a career , friends a partner.

just like many people who have family over very long distances they cant drop everything leave work . and be there physically for an event like a birth of a siblings child.
but with modern technology there is Skype, email, phone for the time being. and when they can they come to see the baby.
lots of people do that probably many from this board probably have.it doesn't make them bad people or selfish but its simply a reality of life
Old 02-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Serene Highness

The Court announced that a return journey has been arranged. As the baby was early maybe she had other plans which couldn't very easily be changed.

Closed Thread