The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 03:38 AM
Aristocracy

I think she should go home. She's licked her wounds of the broken engagement, she's survived being cheated on. Nobody blames her. Got to learn to be able to put it behind her and go home. The longer she is away, the more I think she does give credibility issue. She does great charity work, yet if she did it at home more often it would do her some good. Real problem is her brother who does literally nothing and nobody is giving him a problem. Least she works in charity, has gone home a few times. Yet I think if she respects herself she will be able to go home.

Not truly saying I belief a source out there but, she has been home a few times. I think if she is able to survive those few times, she will be able to return to Sweden full time. I think it will always be a part of who she is. She once said Sweden is her home and I believe it. I don't think she can turn her back on it.

Old 11-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Madeleine will not take part in the Nobel Prize celebrations in Stockholm this year, instead she will take part in an event in the U.S. celebrating women in science, among them Marie Curie who was awarded her second Nobel Prize in 1911. This is confirmed by the Swedish royal court: Prinsessan Madeleine nobbar Nobelfesten | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

http://www.kungahuset.se/kalender/hk...d80003412.html

Old 11-24-2011, 12:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude
Princess Madeleine will not take part in the Nobel Prize celebrations in Stockholm this year, instead she will take part in an event in the U.S. celebrating women in science, among them Marie Curie who was awarded her second Nobel Prize in 1911. This is confirmed by the Swedish royal court: Prinsessan Madeleine nobbar Nobelfesten | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

http://www.kungahuset.se/kalender/hk...d80003412.html
No real surprise.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Nobility

I have to agree with you there Lumutqueen.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:37 AM
Administrator

Princess Madeleine attended the American Scandinavian Society's 2011 Yule ball
at the Metropolitan Club on December 2, 2011 in New York City.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife ** gettyimages **
Old 12-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Majesty

Has she finished her college degree yet?
Old 12-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Royal Highness

Yes, she is
Quote:
Princess Madeleine has been studying at the University of Stockholm since spring 2003. She has completed courses in Art History (60 credits), Ethnology (40 credits) and History (20 credits), as well as an introductory course in law (10 credits). Her art history essay (10 credits) focused on Queen Victoria of Sweden (1862-1930) and the establishment of Solliden Palace on the island of Öland.

Princess Madeleine completed her degree at Stockholm University in January 2006.

In autumn 2006, the Princess returned to the University of Stockholm to pursue postgraduate studies in Organisation and Leadership, in order to extend her knowledge of international humanitarian work.
from kongahuset.se
Old 12-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

"Hola" about Madeleine at the American Scandinavian Society's 2011 Yule ball

Magdalena de Suecia, espectacular 'lady' en rojo

Google Traduttore

"svenskdam.se" Läcker i rött – Madeleine på bal i New York ** Google Translate
Old 12-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Madeline looks pretty in the red dress only that she looks better blond I am not so use to the brunette princess Madeline.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandduchess24 View Post
Princess Madeline looks pretty in the red dress only that she looks better blond I am not so use to the brunette princess Madeline.
I agree with not being used to her new hair color. But I think she looks more mature with this color than that bright blond look she had before.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post

H.K.H. Prinsessan Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Is Madeleine's reluctance to return to Sweden so great that she refuses to return for one of the most important international events that takes place in her homeland? I really don't understand her reasoning and don't know why her parents don't pressure her to do so. I feel her absence would be so glaring but then again, if it's not of importance, then so be it. It does leave me wondering, though.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Is Madeleine's reluctance to return to Sweden so great that she refuses to return for one of the most important international events that takes place in her homeland? I really don't understand her reasoning and don't know why her parents don't pressure her to do so. I feel her absence would be so glaring but then again, if it's not of importance, then so be it. It does leave me wondering, though.
As a swede I simply do not understand the constant attacks on Princess Madeleine and her work. There is a major celebration directly connected to the Nobel Prize and she is attending. Makes lots more sense than being in Stockholm. The only other royal that would have been a good choice would be Princess Christina. Perhaps the choice of the two of them switching continents for the events did not make sense for them either.

Please do not forget how small Sweden is. Landmass similar to California and population similar to Los Angeles county. For a long time the only royals were the King, Queen and Christina. We now have the King, Queen, Victoria, Daniel, Carl Philip and Christina. Madeleine's choice to get involved with and continue the Queen's work with the Childhood foundation is in my opinion much more acceptable than one more royal finding events to attend in Sweden.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Please don't misunderstand my post; this is not an attack on Madeleine, just an observation and my first one at that so there's no consistency on my part. As I had mentioned, if her presence is not of importance at the Nobel ceremony, then so be it. But one is certainly allowed to make a remark and not have it deemed an attack which would have been in less polite language than mine.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

She will be at a Nobel ceremony, the one in New York.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine is living an easy and comfortable life in USA, far away from her father´s crisis.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
She will be at a Nobel ceremony, the one in New York.
As far as I know there are only 2 Nobel ceremony's one in Stockholm and second one in Oslo. It can be an event connected to Nobel ceremony, but the importance of such is much lower then the ceremony itself.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine is taking part at "In connection with the 100th anniversary of Marie Curie's second Nobel Prize, the New York Academy of Sciences will celebrate the importance of women researchers at Nobel Day".
It is not a Nobel ceremony.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Courtier

On December 5, 2011 Princess Madeleine walked alone in Midtown (New York): Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers (searching keywords: "Princess Madeleine December 5 2011")
Old 12-07-2011, 02:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Madeleine is taking part at "In connection with the 100th anniversary of Marie Curie's second Nobel Prize, the New York Academy of Sciences will celebrate the importance of women researchers at Nobel Day".
It is not a Nobel ceremony.
I should have used the term "event". It is still a major event related to the Nobel Prize.

Closed Thread