The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Courtier

Thanks for the pics

Old 08-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent

The Salzburg Festival started in 1920.
It runs for five weeks in late July.

Salzburg Festival - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This List of Festivals can be useful....
List of opera festivals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
From what I´ve been looking at the photos during the years, the majority of the guests are elderly people. So getting a young princess there is a good thing which gets younger people interested at the Salzburg Festival (maybe just not the Amadeus Weekend). I´m sure that there are a lot of new people, like me, who had never heard about Salzburg Festival before now...
My dear let me tell you something: it doesn't matter IF there are elderly people or not, anybody who is a part of the absolute high-society visits the Salzburg Festivities at least once in their life. They don't need PR in form of Pr. Madeleine, since the beginning of the festivities there have always been members of the different royal families in the world. The festivities are an absolute must if you are a member of the high society. These elderly people you see are members of a.) the Austrian and German nobility or b.) members of the absolute international high-society. Just because you have never heard about the Festivities doesn't mean they are not internationally well-known so maybe you should get some informations about the importance of the Salzburg Festivities ... .
Old 08-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

"Hola" article Madeleine of Sweden with the family of her boyfriend, Chris O'Neill, in Salzburg

La princesa Magdalena de Suecia asiste por primera vez al fin de semana Amadeus que Eva María O'Neill, madre de su novio, organiza anualmente en Salzburgo

Google Traduttore
Old 08-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video from Salzburg, begins at 2.40.
Prominent! - Prinzessin Madeleine zeigt ihren Freund | VOX NOW!

Photos, Chris looks much happier with his sisters than with Madeleine..
http://www.stpeter-stiftskeller.at/blog/die-bunte/
Old 08-15-2011, 03:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I don't like the whole fur getup.
It's not classy to have a cigarette in hand all the time...especially when you're at an event like that. Where does Madeleine find these men.
This was my first thought when I saw them together. Judging from the pictures he comes across as sleazy and tacky with the Marlboro pack in his hands. I'm getting the playboy vibe and that it will all end in tears, again.
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/143...rewestphot.jpg

I am glad that Madeleine is off the Barbie haircolour, although this new colour looks abit strange.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade

This was my first thought when I saw them together. Judging from the pictures he comes across as sleazy and tacky with the Marlboro pack in his hands. I'm getting the playboy vibe and that it will all end in tears, again.
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/143...rewestphot.jpg

I am glad that Madeleine is off the Barbie haircolour, although this new colour looks abit strange.
Madeleine has a type -- comes from a certain type of family, financier/lawyer, and usually not good for her in the long-run. Thats just what I see.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:26 AM
Nobility

i think she should take her time after the breack up , 1 or 2 years before starting knew relationship
Old 08-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
Madeleine has a type -- comes from a certain type of family, financier/lawyer, and usually not good for her in the long-run. Thats just what I see.
Well, I do not think, that the subject is the job role..... it is more the "type of guy, you are falling in love". In her case it is a good looking, successful, rich, international flair and -- yes, maybe -- a womanizer type of guy. This is a kind of "imprinting" in her ideal picture of a man -- and seldomly you can do something against this, as other man simply are not interesting enough for her personal taste of an "ideal man".
It may end in tears as well, but only time will tell. I really wish her the best, she has deserved it. And. hopefully learned from her last desaster.
BYe Bine
Old 08-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Aristocracy

Is Maddie still traipsing aimlessy around the world with no real plan for her life?
Old 08-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Majesty

Sadly, that seems to be the case.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Courtier

I don't think so. She has worked on a very regular basis for the WCF in NY this past year and is planing to do so again starting this fall. She said in an interview a while ago that she really likes her work there and wants to keep working there. This doesn't struck me as "traipsing aimlessly around the world" to me. Maybe for others. I don't know. But then I would really like to know what you expect her to do. Care to explain?

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the problem is people want to actually see her doing something useful. Whenever we see a pic of her it's usually
When she's shopping or out and about with Chris. I think if she had more photo op's pertaining to WCF then we'd have a better idea of her hard work. We can see that Victoria, the king and queen, all work hard but unfortunately we can't see that with Madeleine...so it raises a few questions.

The sad thing is, no matter how hard she works she'll always be labeled as the spoiled brat princess, who ran to America to escape her bad breakup. Unlike Victoria, who has a hard working image, Madeleine image is still that of a carefree, party girl. She'll have to work very, very hard to shed that label off of her.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Majesty

Neverless,I bet she is so happy to finally be an aunt!
Old 08-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I think the problem is people want to actually see her doing something useful. Whenever we see a pic of her it's usually
When she's shopping or out and about with Chris. I think if she had more photo op's pertaining to WCF then we'd have a better idea of her hard work. We can see that Victoria, the king and queen, all work hard but unfortunately we can't see that with Madeleine...so it raises a few questions.

The sad thing is, no matter how hard she works she'll always be labeled as the spoiled brat princess, who ran to America to escape her bad breakup. Unlike Victoria, who has a hard working image, Madeleine image is still that of a carefree, party girl. She'll have to work very, very hard to shed that label off of her.
Unless the work of WCF don´t makes sense I do not understand what Madeleine can do instead? Perhaps I missed something and you could be kind enough to explain what is more meaningful!?
Old 08-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:

The "problem" here isn't something Madeleine can change. Because while she is doing usual office stuff no-one makes photos. 1) because this work is unspecial everyday stuff which most of us know from our own jobs and 2) because there aren't just any reporters or papparazzi present every time she picks up the phone or brings a dokument from room A to B. But that doesn't mean she isn't working hard. It just doesn't show. And if people don't see that it's their problem and not Madeleines.

It's also not her problem that her sister and parents have more public jobs than her. And no-one should forget that Victoria and her parents are working for the state while Madeleine and Carl Philip are just unpaid back-ups. So no-one has a right IMO to expect anything more from her and/or her brother than what she and/or he is giving.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Nobility

Also there seems to be an issue with some that Madeleine has never done any kind of paid work.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:19 PM
Courtier

People don't think the job at WCF is paid? People have to applaude her then for working hard there all year around and not even getting paid. Very generous of her.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
People don't think the job at WCF is paid? People have to applaude her then for working hard there all year around and not even getting paid. Very generous of her.
People would applaude her if she wasn't instead paid from the appanage of King, as confirmed by Mr. Terner. So de facto all Swedes are supporting charity, I think we have to applaud them and not Madde.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana View Post
i think she should take her time after the breack up , 1 or 2 years before starting knew relationship
What is the best cure for a broken heart?
New love.

If she this time has chosen well...time will tell.

Closed Thread