Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Madeleine misses the national day celebrations today, this is the first time she won´t participate in them. According to Expressen, Madeleine wants to stay out from Stockholm, because she doesn´t want to run into Jonas Bergström who is now back in Stockholm.Queen Silvia has, as reported by friends of the royal family appealed to Madeleine, but in vain. Not even the Queen has been able to get the princess to change her decision.

- Princess Madeleine needs a time of her own and won´t participate at the celebrations tomorrow, said Nina Eldh from the court yesterday.
Madeleine vägrar nationaldagen - vill inte stöta ihop med Jonas - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translatorhttp://translate.google.com/transla...en-vill-inte-stota-ihop-med-jonas&sl=sv&tl=en

I feel so incredibly sorry for her. Separations are difficult to handle for everyone, but when you are standing in the limelight it must feel like hell. Hopefully she will find back to her "normal" life and be happy again.

Madeleine could have hidden from the limelight in Sweden too. There are many days that we don´t see Victoria, Daniel, Carl Philip, the King and the Queen. They can live a private life also. I just can´t understand that Madeleine didn´t want to participate to the wedding celebrations this week. They were very unique and precious events to Victoria and Daniel, once-in-a-lifetime events I hope, and if I was Victoria´s sister, I would have liked to share the joy with her.

Madeleine may even feel a little embarrased and humiliated by the break up. Maybe she needs time to prepare herself for being in the public eye during the wedding.

:previous: The longer she stays away the harder it will be to make an re-appearance in Sweden without appearing to intend to blitz the Bride to Be!

Last edited:
This is a message board, people will post their opinions and feelings about things, provided they adhere to the TOS and to my knowledge, I broke no rules in that post. So don't tell me I can't talk about something.

Where in my post 'did I tell you, not to post your 'opinion'???

Where in my post 'did I tell you, not to post your 'opinion'???

You told us to leave her alone, and to do that we would have to stop expressing our opinion on the situation, which we have a right to do.

Madeleine could have hidden from the limelight in Sweden too. There are many days that we don´t see Victoria, Daniel, Carl Philip, the King and the Queen. They can live a private life also. I just can´t understand that Madeleine didn´t want to participate to the wedding celebrations this week. They were very unique and precious events to Victoria and Daniel, once-in-a-lifetime events I hope, and if I was Victoria´s sister, I would have liked to share the joy with her.

I agree and it's a good point too, because unlike their British counterparts, they're usually not that hounded. I understood what the other poster said about the US being a place of peace and freedom for her but I still think she could be there. They are once in a lifetime events. Looks like when the Swedish royals marry it's for life. I'm sure when it's Madeleines turn to marry she would want all the pomp for her big day...including the presence of her sister. Yes the press would've followed her, but theres still ways around that. I hope she doesn't look back at this time in the future with regret.

I think in Sweden she would have been in the eye of the storm unless she stayed inside the royal palaces. You can't really compare her to Victoria and Daniel because these two live a very staid life, which is why there aren't many candids of them.

Madeleine is far more extrovert, even in good times, so now that she really need to change her mind I don't think mopping behind clothes door in Sweden would do her any good.
Of course she could have chosen a far more discreet location than brashy Miami to unwind, but I don't think her staying in Sweden was ever an option.

I think in Sweden she would have been in the eye of the storm unless she stayed inside the royal palaces. You can't really compare her to Victoria and Daniel because these two live a very staid life, which is why there aren't many candids of them.

Madeleine is far more extrovert, even in good times, so now that she really need to change her mind I don't think mopping behind clothes door in Sweden would do her any good.
Of course she could have chosen a far more discreet location than brashy Miami to unwind, but I don't think her staying in Sweden was ever an option.

Exactly my words!

Aftonbladet tells that Madeleine has flewn from Miami to Bahamas.
- Madeleine and Louise De Geer were in Miami a few days before they moved on to the Bahamas, said one source.
Madeleine and Louise got on a plane to the Nassau, the capital of Bahamas, where they continued their luxury vacation with sun and sand.
Madeleine firar födelsedagen utomlands | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

Johan T Lindwall writes in Expressen, that now it´s time for Madeleine to come home.
Johan T Lindwall: Det är dags att komma hem nu Madeleine - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translator

I love Nassau, Bahamas. No doubt she's having fun right now or at least I hope she is.

Aftonbladet tells that Madeleine has flewn from Miami to Bahamas.
- Madeleine and Louise De Geer were in Miami a few days before they moved on to the Bahamas, said one source.
Madeleine and Louise got on a plane to the Nassau, the capital of Bahamas, where they continued their luxury vacation with sun and sand.
Madeleine firar födelsedagen utomlands | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

Johan T Lindwall writes in Expressen, that now it´s time for Madeleine to come home.
Johan T Lindwall: Det är dags att komma hem nu Madeleine - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translator
Is she even going to show up to her sister's wedding?

Miami then the Bahamas? How bad is she be hurting?

Is she even going to show up to her sister's wedding?

Miami then the Bahamas? How bad is she be hurting?
Whether we'll see her at the wedding of her sister is unkown But she has been gone a long time and would need to come back to get even a proper dress purchased and the right tiara selected.I too wonder what is going on?Is Maddie on sabbatical?

She'll attend her sisters wedding.
And if she hasn't got her tiara or her dress sorted by now then thats poor organisation. It would have been chosen at about the same time the wedding dress was.

IMO, Madeleine is just acting like a spoiled princess. A week away would have been one thing, but she's been gone quite a while now. Reminds me a little of Princess Margaret, when she was younger, and her trips to Italy etc. Too bad I'm seeing this side of her, I really did like her quite a lot before all of this. My opinion has changed quite a bit over the last month or so.

But Princess Margaret had a great respect for the monarchy and was devoted to her sister. She would be very careful to make sure that her actions would not her Elisabeth's image or the insttution, no matter how messed up her personal life was. Somehow , I don't see Madeleine being so concerned neither about the institution (or she would bother appear on her country's national day) nor about not her sister's image ( to clarify, I don't think she doesn't love Victoria dearly, but it is not an ideal prospective for Maledeine to make a grand entrance at the church tanned after being away for so long).

Somehow, I have the worst feeling that Madeleine would have a sad or sour look on her face during the wedding. I really hope she does not, but I just have this inkling.

Whether we'll see her at the wedding of her sister is unkown But she has been gone a long time and would need to come back to get even a proper dress purchased and the right tiara selected.I too wonder what is going on?Is Maddie on sabbatical?

All of that should be done already. Victoria's bridesmaid dresses should've been ready for a while now. She's had a broken engagement and screw everyone else who doesn't understand how she feels...including her family it seems. I just hope she shows up for the wedding...I wouldn't put anything past Madeleine.

Sonjapearl, I too hope that she will be professional and not wear her feelings on her shoulders.

Sonjapearl, I too hope that she will be professional and not wear her feelings on her shoulders.
I am beginning to think that Victoria's wedding would go off a lot better without her sister than with.

She has played the wounded swan far too long and it doesn't tally up with what she is actually doing, partying up large and not caring who sees and who takes photos. She is not exactly pining away for love in the photos, she is having a ball quite content that her family is having kittens.

The paparazzi have been no better overseas than they would have been in Sweden, but it does provide a counterpoint. The blushing bride to be versus the poor, sad, lonely (not) rejected and dejected princess. If she stays away people will inevitabley comment but if she comes back at the eleventh hour the lenses will be swinging back and forward between the Bride and her sister.

Not a good look and a very disappointing performance by Madeleine. Perhaps she has always been treated as the focal point in the family as the baby and is just throwing her toys out of the cot because all eyes are on her big sister. It is way past time she took a reality check because I don't think her countrymen and women are quite as indulgent or forgiving as her family.

Last edited:
This sabbatical leave and the duration of it does point to a self- centered kind of persona.I agree if she comes back at the eleventh hour the focus will be on both sisters when it should be on the bride and not Maddie.
I am disappointed with her to say the least.Eight days to go and I think she should hightail it home and stop feeling sorry for herself.Or perhaps she should not go at all if she is going to be this kind of "bad sport"

Has anyone find out if Jonas is still going to be a witness for Daniel?
Perhaps it is best Madeleine stays away during these last few days so the spotlight is on Victoria. Hopefully the media is going to concentrate on the bride and leave Madeleine alone.
I am not sure if this has been posted before but some mags were saying that Madeleine was aware Jonas was not a model fiance and they had actually broken up early this year. Till that lady came out with her interview it was all hush hush.
I do not believe Madeleine is still hurting. She is simply too embarassed (as she should) by the turn of events and the publicity.

Somehow, I have the worst feeling that Madeleine would have a sad or sour look on her face during the wedding. I really hope she does not, but I just have this inkling.
Yes I am inclined to agree with you . Or she may pull the hard bitten look ; I am from a dysfunctional family look . I think that is more her style.The duration of this absence means she may possibly be somewhat hostile about and regarding circumstances. But it is time to face the music. I think now the idea of going away was ill considered.

Has anyone find out if Jonas is still going to be a witness for Daniel?
Perhaps it is best Madeleine stays away during these last few days so the spotlight is on Victoria. Hopefully the media is going to concentrate on the bride and leave Madeleine alone.
I am not sure if this has been posted before but some mags were saying that Madeleine was aware Jonas was not a model fiance and they had actually broken up early this year. Till that lady came out with her interview it was all hush hush.
I do not believe Madeleine is still hurting. She is simply too embarassed (as she should) by the turn of events and the publicity.
Why should she be embarassed? She and Jonas broke up and they are not the first or the last.I do not think there is any shame or embarassment attached to this. The spotlight will be turned from CP Victoria if Maddie stays away too long.as it will become a boomerang that goes back and forth.
PM should not have left in the first place.

One article mentions that Victoria will only have one bridesmaid so my guess is that it is Mado. But if you ask me, after this wedding, Mado should follow in her aunts footsteps and quietly fade away and get a real job or something.

Why should she be embarassed? She and Jonas broke up and they are not the first or the last.I do not think there is any shame or embarassement attached to this. The spotlight will be turned from CP Victoria if Maddie stays away too long.as it will become a boomerang that goes back and forth.
PM should not have left in the first place.

I would assume any self respecting lady who got engaged after a 7 year romance, only to discover her fiancee was playing games behind her back, would be embarassed. If this lady is a Princess and all was published throughout the word that would add to the pressure.
If this was a mutual decision without another lady giving interviews about the young man's night of passion with her, no one would blink. They were incompatible, sorry about the noise, case closed.
If there is any shame that would belong to Jonas but I doubt anyone outside Stockholm would recognise him if he crossed the street in front of us.

But didn't she know that before she got engaged? The problem was that the press made that public, imo more than sad she is angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom