The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 03:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine victoria View Post
Are we really sure that Madeleine is not attending her sister's pre-wedding celebrations?
She was not there at the reading of the Banns today. Victoria looked radiantly happy and I think it is sad that her little sister was not there to share in her joy.

I am beginning to wonder how much of this goes beyond her hurt at her own broken engagement and moves into the arena of sibling rivalry and a little jealousy on Maddie's part. If this is not the case, her absence will feed this perception. All in all, certainly not a cool way to handle this situation.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
They also didn't live in a time when their personal lives were splattered everywhere. Give the girl a break. She is miserable, I am sure and she has to see all of this on every media site.

I'm sorry, but she sure doesn't look miserable in those pictures!

Old 06-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Aristocracy

Im sure Madeleine is totally heart broken with this whole breakup and shes just trying to get her mind off it by traveling and getting away. I think we need to cut her some slack. Her family understands her situation and that's why have been patient with her. She was engaged with him and they had been together for many years. im sure it was not easy and also humiliating being of the conditions of the breakup. i have also been in that situation. sometimes u just need time to heal. yes she is a princess, but above everything shes human.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

For the last time, no one is saying Madeleine doesn't need to heal. We're saying she has responsibilities. How she deals with her break-up is her business.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I quite agree she does need to heal but . . . . she obviously finds no difficulty in healing while sunbathing in public in America but cannot bear to be seen in Sweden?
Old 06-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

There is no doubt she wants to heal and stay away for a while. However with Victoria's upcoming wedding, she should try not to be the center of attention.
The proper way, imho, would have been to participate in all the pre wedding festivities so on her big day Victoria will be the "queen" of the day.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:06 AM
Aristocracy

I think the problem is that everyone in Sweden knows what has happend to her in the last few weeks! In America the media attention for European royals isn't that big, IMO. Of course the American media had news about the broke up of the engagement but it wasn't that big like in Sweden or in other European countries like in Germany. So I can understand that she need to get some kind of distance to all this things and news and that it is far more easier for Madeleine to be in "public" in America than to be in public in Sweden. In Sweden she would be in the limelight of the media and would not find time to get out of the Jonas-story. In America most of the people did not recognize her as a princess and so as a person of public life. There she is Madeleine Bernadotte and not H.R.H Princess Madeleine of Sweden. She can be more private and spend a good time with her friends. Healing and resting is very important for her right now, IMO, because there will be a lot of media attention on her during her sisters wedding and there are only two weeks to go.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvia❦CarlGustaf View Post
I think the problem is that everyone in Sweden knows what has happend to her in the last few weeks! In America the media attention for European royals isn't that big, IMO. Of course the American media had news about the broke up of the engagement but it wasn't that big like in Sweden or in other European countries like in Germany. So I can understand that she need to get some kind of distance to all this things and news and that it is far more easier for Madeleine to be in "public" in America than to be in public in Sweden. In Sweden she would be in the limelight of the media and would not find time to get out of the Jonas-story. In America most of the people did not recognize her as a princess and so as a person of public life. There she is Madeleine Bernadotte and not H.R.H Princess Madeleine of Sweden. She can be more private and spend a good time with her friends. Healing and resting is very important for her right now, IMO, because there will be a lot of media attention on her during her sisters wedding and there are only two weeks to go.
It's a good point. The US barely even knows Sweden has royals, so she did come here to be "free" from attention for a bit. Good argument.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
and spend a good time with her
If she wouldn´t try to have all the time a good time, she would have maybe found a guy with higher moral standards than Jonas.
She was practically non-stop holidaying this year and also before the crash of her relationship she used to enjoy dolce vita a lot.
She could have participated actively in one of CHILDHOOD´s projects.
So she would have gained respect (there isn´t just pity for her in Sweden...also not before she cancelled her duties), would have enjoyed peace and would have maybe gotten an other view on life.
The way she is currently going, is leading her just to a life as "Monaco princess"
Old 06-06-2010, 05:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Madeleine misses the national day celebrations today, this is the first time she won´t participate in them. According to Expressen, Madeleine wants to stay out from Stockholm, because she doesn´t want to run into Jonas Bergström who is now back in Stockholm.Queen Silvia has, as reported by friends of the royal family appealed to Madeleine, but in vain. Not even the Queen has been able to get the princess to change her decision.
- Princess Madeleine needs a time of her own and won´t participate at the celebrations tomorrow, said Nina Eldh from the court yesterday.
Madeleine vägrar nationaldagen - vill inte stöta ihop med Jonas - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translator

Old 06-06-2010, 05:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Princess Madeleine misses the national day celebrations today, this is the first time she won´t participate in them. According to Expressen, Madeleine wants to stay out from Stockholm, because she doesn´t want to run into Jonas Bergström who is now back in Stockholm.Queen Silvia has, as reported by friends of the royal family appealed to Madeleine, but in vain. Not even the Queen has been able to get the princess to change her decision.

- Princess Madeleine needs a time of her own and won´t participate at the celebrations tomorrow, said Nina Eldh from the court yesterday.
Madeleine vägrar nationaldagen - vill inte stöta ihop med Jonas - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translator

I feel so incredibly sorry for her. Separations are difficult to handle for everyone, but when you are standing in the limelight it must feel like hell. Hopefully she will find back to her "normal" life and be happy again.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine could have hidden from the limelight in Sweden too. There are many days that we don´t see Victoria, Daniel, Carl Philip, the King and the Queen. They can live a private life also. I just can´t understand that Madeleine didn´t want to participate to the wedding celebrations this week. They were very unique and precious events to Victoria and Daniel, once-in-a-lifetime events I hope, and if I was Victoria´s sister, I would have liked to share the joy with her.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:40 AM
Nobility

Madeleine may even feel a little embarrased and humiliated by the break up. Maybe she needs time to prepare herself for being in the public eye during the wedding.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Heir Apparent

The longer she stays away the harder it will be to make an re-appearance in Sweden without appearing to intend to blitz the Bride to Be!
Old 06-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
This is a message board, people will post their opinions and feelings about things, provided they adhere to the TOS and to my knowledge, I broke no rules in that post. So don't tell me I can't talk about something.
Where in my post 'did I tell you, not to post your 'opinion'???
Old 06-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad25 View Post
Where in my post 'did I tell you, not to post your 'opinion'???
You told us to leave her alone, and to do that we would have to stop expressing our opinion on the situation, which we have a right to do.
Old 06-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Madeleine could have hidden from the limelight in Sweden too. There are many days that we don´t see Victoria, Daniel, Carl Philip, the King and the Queen. They can live a private life also. I just can´t understand that Madeleine didn´t want to participate to the wedding celebrations this week. They were very unique and precious events to Victoria and Daniel, once-in-a-lifetime events I hope, and if I was Victoria´s sister, I would have liked to share the joy with her.
I agree and it's a good point too, because unlike their British counterparts, they're usually not that hounded. I understood what the other poster said about the US being a place of peace and freedom for her but I still think she could be there. They are once in a lifetime events. Looks like when the Swedish royals marry it's for life. I'm sure when it's Madeleines turn to marry she would want all the pomp for her big day...including the presence of her sister. Yes the press would've followed her, but theres still ways around that. I hope she doesn't look back at this time in the future with regret.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Serene Highness

I think in Sweden she would have been in the eye of the storm unless she stayed inside the royal palaces. You can't really compare her to Victoria and Daniel because these two live a very staid life, which is why there aren't many candids of them.

Madeleine is far more extrovert, even in good times, so now that she really need to change her mind I don't think mopping behind clothes door in Sweden would do her any good.
Of course she could have chosen a far more discreet location than brashy Miami to unwind, but I don't think her staying in Sweden was ever an option.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
I think in Sweden she would have been in the eye of the storm unless she stayed inside the royal palaces. You can't really compare her to Victoria and Daniel because these two live a very staid life, which is why there aren't many candids of them.

Madeleine is far more extrovert, even in good times, so now that she really need to change her mind I don't think mopping behind clothes door in Sweden would do her any good.
Of course she could have chosen a far more discreet location than brashy Miami to unwind, but I don't think her staying in Sweden was ever an option.
Exactly my words!
Old 06-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Spanish report of Madeleine in Miami:
Magdalena de Suecia de vacaciones en Miami - Monarquías - Familia Real - Familia Real - Diez Minutos