The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Commoner

Google Images

http://princesasdelarealeza.blogspot.com/

Some photos of Princess Madeleine yesterday with her family on Swedish National Day. She looks very different in these photos with her hair back to its natural color and wearing less make-up. I'm curious what others think of her new wholesome look.

Also, give the girl her due. She covered a Swedish event in Philadelphia on Sunday, then flew straight to Stockholm for Swedish National Day. Not bad for a "spoiled, rich party girl", as some have labeled her.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwesterngrad View Post
Also, give the girl her due. She covered a Swedish event in Philadelphia on Sunday, then flew straight to Stockholm for Swedish National Day. Not bad for a "spoiled, rich party girl", as some have labeled her.
Oh yeah, she's now up to 15 engagements on behalf of SRF this year, tied with CP. He'll be in lead at the end of the month though, unless she gets another one.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Commoner

You can read about Princess Madeleine's visit to Philiadelphia here.
PR-592-S

The tabloids are now reporting that it was Queen Sylvia that ordered Madeleine home. Perhaps she was homesick to see her; though the official word is that the family wanted to present an official front given the bad press the king has been getting and the reports that Queen Sylvia's father actually worked for the Nazis.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Aristocracy

tabloids =

are there any reputable sources to confirm this???
Old 06-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetiger View Post
tabloids =

are there any reputable sources to confirm this???
I'm researching that now. I'll get back to you on it later today.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva View Post
Oh yeah, she's now up to 15 engagements on behalf of SRF this year, tied with CP. He'll be in lead at the end of the month though, unless she gets another one.
Given the fact that neither of them is given a budget for (his,her) appearances, fifteen seems fairly reasonable. That amounts to about two per month. I wonder how many appearances royals in other countries, the crown prince and princess excluded, make per month.

It seems to me that if the royal court, the crown princess, and the king--who prepare the schedule of events--wanted them doing more, that they would be.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Commoner

There is a thread on royal opinions that states the Princess came home because she wanted to be with her family to present a unified front in light of all its criticism, and that she is mindful of the criticism she has been receiving for not being in Sweden enough and wants people to know that she is aware of that criticism and sensitive to it.

According to court expert Roger Lundgren, there are two main
reasons for the princess's comeback on home soil.
- It is extremely important for the family to show a united front in the
these difficult times. It sends a clear signal to people that they
stick together. Moreover, both Madeleine and Carl Philip have been criticized
for not having committed a sufficient number of public commissions,
This shows that they listen to criticism, "he says.
He also points out that Princess Madeleine is very close to her parents.

- It is clear that she wants to be with them when they go through a difficult
time, "says Roger Lundgren.

So, that's one version of why she's back in Sweden...the "official" version, if you will.
Princess Madeleine
Old 06-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Given the fact that neither of them is given a budget for (his,her) appearances, fifteen seems fairly reasonable. That amounts to about two per month. I wonder how many appearances royals in other countries, the crown prince and princess excluded, make per month.

It seems to me that if the royal court, the crown princess, and the king--who prepare the schedule of events--wanted them doing more, that they would be.
She is recieving apanage from the King as confirmed by Terner, so she is paid for her appearances. I don't know about other royal houses, but by this time last year she was up to 47 official engagements, quite a difference.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Gentry

Has she started with botox? Her forehead seems very "stiff" in these recent photos. I don't think she looks quite herself. No matter hos much she smiles her forehead is smooth, it seems.

I don't have any objections to botox, but if that is the case, I think she looked more radiant without it. Just a thought.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by efraimsdotter View Post
Has she started with botox? Her forehead seems very "stiff" in these recent photos. I don't think she looks quite herself. No matter hos much she smiles her forehead is smooth, it seems.

I don't have any objections to botox, but if that is the case, I think she looked more radiant without it. Just a thought.
At her age, I cannot imagine that she would need Botox. I thought she looked as if she had gained some weight. Her face definitely seemed rounder and fuller.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:41 AM
Administrator

Princess Madeleine with her Jack Russell dog “Zorro” arriving to the Royal Palace in Stockholm, June 8, 2011.

** Pic **

And with her friend Louise Gottlieb leaving a café surrounded by bodyguards in Stockholm, June 8, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 06-09-2011, 06:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
I wonder how many appearances royals in other countries, the crown prince and princess excluded, make per month.
I'll take a guess and say most of them do more (Danish, Spanish, Dutch, Brits) and some of them even have "real" jobs on the side, making their own money (Spanish, Dutch).

To pay a full apanage to somebody who does as little as Madeleine or CP is a shame really and certainly doesnt help public opinion to pick up again with regard to monarchy being useful. No other country is that bold when supporting its backbench members. Its like the word "earn" doensnt exist in their vocabulary, its only "take".
Old 06-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
But why all the fuss now?

There's been rumors about the King's infidelities for many years; in fact, he's probably less likely to have as many affairs now, since he's quite elderly.

If it's been tacitly accepted for such a long time, I don't understand why all of a sudden it's a problem?
The Republican movmenet got a press office last year, and since the idea of a Republic have at least as large support among journalists as the Monarchy have among the peopel (about 2/3 in both cases). They have started a covert re-education campaign of the Swedsih people, with eager help from the media.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine was asked a comment yesterday about her dog Zorro´s travel by private jet to Sweden, and later the director of the press and information department, Bertil Ternert confirmed (after a conversation with Madeleine), that Madeleine was assisted by a pilot who "offered to take care of the dog".
- It was a pilot who offered to do this. When, how and where is a private matter. It was a private trip and a private plane. We can confirm that the trip has been made, but it may well have to be private.
He stressed that the current trip with a private jet did not involve any cost to taxpayers.
- I see it as a private service ... and the important thing is that there is no cost for a dog to be transported in a scheduled flight, because it is such a small dog.
But the news about the dog flown from New York to Stockholm by private plane is correct?
- It is an accurate statement, yes. Someone has offered to take the dog to the plane.
Who offered the trip?
- It's a private deal that is made ​​here. Anything else I can´t say.
Maddes hund flög privatjet från USA - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate
Old 06-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine today, on her birthday outside café Saturnus in the center of Stockholm, smoking a cigarrette.
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
Old 06-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Princess Madeleine smokes a cigarette outside café Saturnus in the center of Stockholm.
June 10, 2011

BelgaPicture - Category details
Old 06-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Commoner

Happy Birthday...

...To you Princess Madeleine..
Old 06-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone knows where she lives in New York and what exactly she is doing there' Just taking some time to herself? Is she going back to sweden someday' I found that she is no having mucht privacy in New York so..
Old 06-20-2011, 09:30 AM
Courtier

She's working with the World Childhood Foundation in NY. I'm sure she will be back in sweden some day, but as of now she's working abroad.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Does anyone knows where she lives in New York and what exactly she is doing there' Just taking some time to herself? Is she going back to sweden someday' I found that she is no having mucht privacy in New York so..
I think compared to Sweden she has a great deal more privacy. I'm not sure if she is still in Sweden after coming home for National Day. I do know she is scheduled to be in Monaco July 1, 2, & 3 with the rest of the family for the wedding of Prince Albert and at Victoria's birthday celebration July 18.

Closed Thread