Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 8: May 2010 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Victoria was having trouble coping with the media attention, she came to the U.S. and stayed 21/2 years, during which she did nothing to promote Sweden either. I think Madeleine will return when she feels strong enough. In the meantime, maybe a little sympathy and not so much acrimony might be in order.
The situation Victoria was in and Madeleine is now is completly different. Victoria was there in her very early 20's, studying at Yale University, later working as intern at Swedish Embasy, receiving treatment for anorexia, when she was fairly well she started to work again, engagements on swedish behalf and also state visits with her parents. If she was not in US, she would have studied at Uppsala University, so her amount of work would be about the same. I don't think you can say that she did nothing to promote Sweden at that period.
I did understand why Madeleine was in US for the first months, it's not easy to be cheated on when you're a normal person and it's even harder when you're a public one and everyone knows. But she's moved on, already a long time ago, she has new love and Jonas is just a history. I don't see why I should have any sympathy for her right now.

If she took a paying job then that would be an issue too.
I don't think so. There's no issue in Netherlands, Norway or Spain. I don't think there would be an issue with this in Sweden, at some point she'd be required to do it anyway.

Leaving all the issues aside over her title, shopping trips and living off taxpayers money etc, Madeleine maybe working very hard at the charity in New York.

Leaving all the issues aside over her title, shopping trips and living off taxpayers money etc, Madeleine maybe working very hard at the charity in New York.

I think Madeleine is working much harder than people think. And she has not been seen partying in clubs nearly so much. She seems to be settling down to a quieter life in New York with her work and her new boyfriend. That can't be all bad.

Southwesterngrad said:
I think Madeleine is working much harder than people think. And she has not been seen partying in clubs nearly so much. She seems to be settling down to a quieter life in New York with her work and her new boyfriend. That can't be all bad.

IMO, what HRH the Princess Madeleine of Sweden does in her personal life is her own business, and therefore, should not be up for discussion.
Her life and duties a HRH Princess of Sweden are between her and the current monarch of Sweden, who just so happens to be her father, and the Swedish people.
IMO, this situation about Madeleine has been 'beat to death.' People discussing this on this forum are now grasping at straws to discuss this subject even further. Basically, there is really nothing more to discuss on this particular subject.

IMO, what HRH the Princess Madeleine of Sweden does in her personal life is her own business, and therefore, should not be up for discussion.
Her life and duties a HRH Princess of Sweden are between her and the current monarch of Sweden, who just so happens to be her father, and the Swedish people.
IMO, this situation about Madeleine has been 'beat to death.' People discussing this on this forum are now grasping at straws to discuss this subject even further. Basically, there is really nothing more to discuss on this particular subject.

My point all along is that this is really a matter that doesn't involve the people in the United States. I keep looking for comments from Swedes on this issue, but it seems to be the Americans who are the most upset. I don't get it. We are not paying for Madeleine's upkeep. Why should it matter to us one way or the other?

My point all along is that this is really a matter that doesn't involve the people in the United States. I keep looking for comments from Swedes on this issue, but it seems to be the Americans who are the most upset. I don't get it. We are not paying for Madeleine's upkeep. Why should it matter to us one way or the other?
If you want to know the opinions of Swedes regarding Madeleine's work ethics go and read discussions under the articles in Svensk Damtidning or similar sites, I can tell you they are not positive.

Iva said:
If you want to know the opinions of Swedes regarding Madeleine's work ethics go and read discussions under the articles in Svensk Damtidning or similar sites, I can tell you they are not positive.

I can definitely understand their frustrations resulting from PM actions, or lack there of, as of late. Again, I hope for the best outcome for all involved in the complexities and intricate details of this particular situation.
No matter the potential outcomes for PM, there will be at least one that will hold true. She will be wealthy no matter the outcome of this situation. Anyway, what would be her motive her to find a real job?

Anyway, what would be her motive her to find a real job?

If Madeleine receives her money from her father, who receives it from the public, what will happen when her father is no longer King? Victoria will likely have children of her own to worry about by the time she becomes Queen- it seems unlikely that she will continue supporting her brother and sister, at least to the extent the King apparently does. Does the King have sufficient private wealth to leave to his younger children to allow them to continue living as they are now? It seems like it would be wise for Carl Philip and Madeleine to develop careers and/or independent sources of income for the future...

Eve2Eden said:
If Madeleine receives her money from her father, who receives it from the public, what will happen when her father is no longer King? Victoria will likely have children of her own to worry about by the time she becomes Queen- it seems unlikely that she will continue supporting her brother and sister, at least to the extent the King apparently does. Does the King have sufficient private wealth to leave to his younger children to allow them to continue living as they are now? It seems like it would be wise for Carl Philip and Madeleine to develop careers and/or independent sources of income for the future...

The King set up trust funds for all his children when they were young and has added to them. I think they will have enough to live comfortably on without working. Though there's more to work than just the money, of course.

From the interview of Bertil Ternert, the Director of the Information and Press Department of the swedish court:

How does Madeleine pay her living in New York?
- She does not acknowledge any salary from it (Childhood Foundation). She is also a person who gets a part of the apanage. Then you should know that my salary is also paid from the apanage.
Does Madeleine live to 100 percent with athe apanage?
- I do not know if she has any compensation otherwise.

"Hon har en del av apanaget" | Newzglobe.com

Madeleine was spotted shopping in New York:
Prinsessa Madeleine shoppaili New Yorkissa | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi

Madeleine will be with the royal family at the National Day celebrations on Monday evening, if all at her travelling goes as planned.
Madeleine kommer till Skansen - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate

Last edited:
[url=http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://blogs.sweden.se/photo/files/2011/06/Sweden_celebrates_National_Day_201]Google Images[/URL]

http://princesasdelarealeza.blogspot.com/

Some photos of Princess Madeleine yesterday with her family on Swedish National Day. She looks very different in these photos with her hair back to its natural color and wearing less make-up. I'm curious what others think of her new wholesome look.

Also, give the girl her due. She covered a Swedish event in Philadelphia on Sunday, then flew straight to Stockholm for Swedish National Day. Not bad for a "spoiled, rich party girl", as some have labeled her.

Last edited:
Also, give the girl her due. She covered a Swedish event in Philadelphia on Sunday, then flew straight to Stockholm for Swedish National Day. Not bad for a "spoiled, rich party girl", as some have labeled her.
Oh yeah, she's now up to 15 engagements on behalf of SRF this year, tied with CP. ;) He'll be in lead at the end of the month though, unless she gets another one. :flowers:

You can read about Princess Madeleine's visit to Philiadelphia here.
PR-592-S

The tabloids are now reporting that it was Queen Sylvia that ordered Madeleine home. Perhaps she was homesick to see her; though the official word is that the family wanted to present an official front given the bad press the king has been getting and the reports that Queen Sylvia's father actually worked for the Nazis.

tabloids = :sick:

are there any reputable sources to confirm this???

Oh yeah, she's now up to 15 engagements on behalf of SRF this year, tied with CP. ;) He'll be in lead at the end of the month though, unless she gets another one. :flowers:

Given the fact that neither of them is given a budget for (his,her) appearances, fifteen seems fairly reasonable. That amounts to about two per month. I wonder how many appearances royals in other countries, the crown prince and princess excluded, make per month.

It seems to me that if the royal court, the crown princess, and the king--who prepare the schedule of events--wanted them doing more, that they would be.

Last edited:
There is a thread on royal opinions that states the Princess came home because she wanted to be with her family to present a unified front in light of all its criticism, and that she is mindful of the criticism she has been receiving for not being in Sweden enough and wants people to know that she is aware of that criticism and sensitive to it.

According to court expert Roger Lundgren, there are two main
reasons for the princess's comeback on home soil.
- It is extremely important for the family to show a united front in the
these difficult times. It sends a clear signal to people that they
stick together. Moreover, both Madeleine and Carl Philip have been criticized
for not having committed a sufficient number of public commissions,
This shows that they listen to criticism, "he says.
He also points out that Princess Madeleine is very close to her parents.

- It is clear that she wants to be with them when they go through a difficult
time, "says Roger Lundgren.

So, that's one version of why she's back in Sweden...the "official" version, if you will.
Princess Madeleine

Last edited:
Given the fact that neither of them is given a budget for (his,her) appearances, fifteen seems fairly reasonable. That amounts to about two per month. I wonder how many appearances royals in other countries, the crown prince and princess excluded, make per month.

It seems to me that if the royal court, the crown princess, and the king--who prepare the schedule of events--wanted them doing more, that they would be.
She is recieving apanage from the King as confirmed by Terner, so she is paid for her appearances. I don't know about other royal houses, but by this time last year she was up to 47 official engagements, quite a difference.

Has she started with botox? Her forehead seems very "stiff" in these recent photos. I don't think she looks quite herself. No matter hos much she smiles her forehead is smooth, it seems.

I don't have any objections to botox, but if that is the case, I think she looked more radiant without it. Just a thought.

Has she started with botox? Her forehead seems very "stiff" in these recent photos. I don't think she looks quite herself. No matter hos much she smiles her forehead is smooth, it seems.

I don't have any objections to botox, but if that is the case, I think she looked more radiant without it. Just a thought.

At her age, I cannot imagine that she would need Botox. I thought she looked as if she had gained some weight. Her face definitely seemed rounder and fuller.

Princess Madeleine with her Jack Russell dog “Zorro” arriving to the Royal Palace in Stockholm, June 8, 2011.

** Pic **

And with her friend Louise Gottlieb leaving a café surrounded by bodyguards in Stockholm, June 8, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I wonder how many appearances royals in other countries, the crown prince and princess excluded, make per month.
I'll take a guess and say most of them do more (Danish, Spanish, Dutch, Brits) and some of them even have "real" jobs on the side, making their own money (Spanish, Dutch).

To pay a full apanage to somebody who does as little as Madeleine or CP is a shame really and certainly doesnt help public opinion to pick up again with regard to monarchy being useful. No other country is that bold when supporting its backbench members. Its like the word "earn" doensnt exist in their vocabulary, its only "take".

But why all the fuss now?

There's been rumors about the King's infidelities for many years; in fact, he's probably less likely to have as many affairs now, since he's quite elderly.

If it's been tacitly accepted for such a long time, I don't understand why all of a sudden it's a problem?
The Republican movmenet got a press office last year, and since the idea of a Republic have at least as large support among journalists as the Monarchy have among the peopel (about 2/3 in both cases). They have started a covert re-education campaign of the Swedsih people, with eager help from the media.

Madeleine was asked a comment yesterday about her dog Zorro´s travel by private jet to Sweden, and later the director of the press and information department, Bertil Ternert confirmed (after a conversation with Madeleine), that Madeleine was assisted by a pilot who "offered to take care of the dog".
- It was a pilot who offered to do this. When, how and where is a private matter. It was a private trip and a private plane. We can confirm that the trip has been made, but it may well have to be private.
He stressed that the current trip with a private jet did not involve any cost to taxpayers.
- I see it as a private service ... and the important thing is that there is no cost for a dog to be transported in a scheduled flight, because it is such a small dog.
But the news about the dog flown from New York to Stockholm by private plane is correct?
- It is an accurate statement, yes. Someone has offered to take the dog to the plane.
Who offered the trip?
- It's a private deal that is made ​​here. Anything else I can´t say.
Maddes hund flög privatjet från USA - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate

Last edited:
Does anyone knows where she lives in New York and what exactly she is doing there' Just taking some time to herself? Is she going back to sweden someday' I found that she is no having mucht privacy in New York so..:ermm:

She's working with the World Childhood Foundation in NY. I'm sure she will be back in sweden some day, but as of now she's working abroad.

Does anyone knows where she lives in New York and what exactly she is doing there' Just taking some time to herself? Is she going back to sweden someday' I found that she is no having mucht privacy in New York so..:ermm:

I think compared to Sweden she has a great deal more privacy. I'm not sure if she is still in Sweden after coming home for National Day. I do know she is scheduled to be in Monaco July 1, 2, & 3 with the rest of the family for the wedding of Prince Albert and at Victoria's birthday celebration July 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom