The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 11:29 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
You sure about that. The kings sister Birgitta(i think) have lived on Mallorca since the 70ths. Madeleine might deside to live permanent in NY and only get home for important events
yup i think thats the most likely scenario she gets quasi anonymity in NYC she desires . she can hop out of a cab do a photo op for childhood mingle for a bit .then hop back in a cab and disappear into the masses of New York she cant do that in Stockholm

Old 11-20-2010, 12:23 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
According to "Svenskdam" Princess Madeleine will not attend at nobel prize dinner

Google Traduttore
Really? I am very surprised.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Princess Madeleine was out with her friends

Google Översätt
Old 11-24-2010, 07:40 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Princess Madelaine spoke to Dagens Industri about her cancelled engagement:

Magdalena de Suecia habla por primera vez de su ruptura con Jonas Bergström: 'Que todo fuera aireado supuso un período difícil en mi vida'

She commented that it was a very difficult time in her life and that she received support from her sister.

I wasn't able to find the interview on the website of Dagens Industri: di.se.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder when she'll return to Sweden.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:24 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Princess Madeleine at Sjömagasinet in Gothenburg, a couple of hours before the U2 concert.

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

The agency says these are exclusive pictures but no date on them, anyone know when they were taken?
Old 11-26-2010, 06:00 AM
Administrator

The latest U2 concert in Gothenburg I know of was in summer 2009, that
may be the date of the pics.

Princess Madeleine is seen leaving for Arlanda airport and a flight to New York
in Stockholm, Sweden, November 25, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 11-26-2010, 07:13 AM
Courtier

^ shes gone already? when did she come? boy, she must really love NY!
Old 11-30-2010, 12:36 AM
Aristocracy

I'm probably alone in this opinion, but I'm actually glad that she won't be present for the Nobel events. The work she's doing for Childhood is wonderful, but that's something shes doing as an individual person rather then as a state Representative. I don't think Madeleine or Carl Philip (or any other children of a regnant for that matter) should attend gala and other important state events (such as state visits) if they don't regularly do the other lower profile work. To me that's liken to someone who skips the grout work and day-to-day work and jumps to the more glamorous things. The higher status events should be more of an award for doing regular (the 'lower profile/less glamors') work on the behalf of the state, and not something that they can just show up for because of who their families are. The king sister Christina (as an example) isn't really apart of the core working family and is not expected to work full time (unlike Madeleine and Carl Philip) but she does occasionally do public work when she has no real obligation to, so as a reward she gets to attend the Nobel dinner. Even if you consider yourself to be a royalist, (and I do consider myself to be one) you have to admit and accept that things have changed in the past decades where they (royal families) can't exists just to exist anymore, they have to be useful and just showing up only to the more glamorous events, even if only glamorous in its perception by the general public of it, isn't being an asset, that's being eye candy.

And for clarification, I'm not trying to be insulting or disrespectful by saying they are arm candy. I'm not implying that they are only useful to be gawked at as candy, but rather they might as well be because they only show up in photos in tuxedos and tiaras every few months. All the smaller events adds up to more of a contribution then the collective galas in any given year so that's were the emphasis should be placed. But I'm sure some (if not many) will disagree.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:42 AM
Nobility

It's too bad she doesn't attend but I see your point, lilnana, and somehow I think you're right.

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 11-30-2010, 06:43 AM
Courtier

Lilnana I agree with your logic, it would seem fair. However she's still princess and therefore should represent Sweden on an occasion like this unless she decides to give up her titles and live anonymous life.
I have this ongoing problem with Madeleine. While I think that working for charity is wonderful, I don't think it's a full-time job or a job that should prevent her from working on behalf of SRF and Sweden in both low profile and high profile events. I do understand that the engagement fiasco and everything related to it was hard for her and she needed some time out from Sweden, press etc. and New York/USA was a nice hideaway. But I think it's slowly time to face the reality, instead of hiding, and decide what she really wants. Living like a royal and virtually not doing anything for your country is not the right direction. I have also similar problem with CP, his car racing, studies etc...
Old 12-05-2010, 06:42 AM
Nobility

The paperversion of Expressen has a story written by Johan T Lindwall. His sources tell him that Madeleine is furious on her father who she blamed for the breakup with Jonas. She knew about the affair with the norwegian a year before the story broke and the engagement became a restart for their relationship. However the king and queen is alleged to have told her about the damage the relationship did to the monarchy and they forced her to break with Jonas.

Then the Reluctant monarch and Henemarkgate happened and now she flattly refused to be a part of the Nobelfestivities.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Sorry but if she was "forced" to break up with Jonas, then she didn't love him enough to stay with him without a title.

Part of that confuses me, they got engaged, then the story about the affair broke, then they broke up. Correct?

If Madeleine knew about the affair a year before the story broke, then chose to get engaged, and the public knew nothing about the affair, how would it have damaged the monarchy?
Old 12-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Nobility

I see that Expressen now has the article on the webpage also Madeleine ställer kungen till svars - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje
Old 12-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Serene Highness

That story makes no sense how could her keeping a cheating boyfriend hurt the monarchy. It embarrassed her and the family but hurt the monarchy I can't see it.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
According to the article Madeleine will stay in USA at least until next summer.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
That story makes no sense how could her keeping a cheating boyfriend hurt the monarchy. It embarrassed her and the family but hurt the monarchy I can't see it.

If they would have married, it would have hurt the monarchy. Same as the supposed affair of Joachim and the following divorce of him and Alexandra hurt the danish monarchy. And if he betrayed Madeleine once, how high are the possibilities that he would have done it again? even during their marriage?
It wouldn't be any less embarassing than the book about the King.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
If they would have married, it would have hurt the monarchy.
How?

They public didn't know about the affair with the norwegian, so how would it hurt?
Old 12-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
If they would have married, it would have hurt the monarchy.
It for sure wouldn't hurt the monarchy more then the book about king. Forced or not forced to break up, if she loved him, already knew what he did, and was over it, she would not break up with him. She could have still gave up her rights and run wherever she wanted with him.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Courtier

Didn't she herself break up with Jonas? wasn't it reported that she had said "i cant live with him anymore!" (or something to that affect)? Why is she blaming her father? is she missing Jonas? I really don't think she was forced to break up, as this new item implies, but if its true, then I still feel she had maturer options to consider: like giving up her title to marry the love of her life. Blaming her father isn't going to fix this situation.

Closed Thread