The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 7: February 2008 - May 2010

Welcome to the new current events thread for Princess Madeleine!

The old thread can be found here.

Please remember to follow the forum rules and guidelines http://www.theroyalforums.com/?page=rules

Have fun !

Old 02-20-2008, 12:06 AM
Gentry

Haha the first one! Well it looks like she was a bridesmaid in a wedding for one of her friends a few days ago. The pics are on anp photo

Old 02-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter62986 View Post
Haha the first one! Well it looks like she was a bridesmaid in a wedding for one of her friends a few days ago. The pics are on anp photo
You can find them here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-11053-10.html
Pages 9 to 10.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Courtier

Today Madeleine became the third person from the royal family to ski one of the Vasa ski races. She participated in "tjejvasan" wich is 30km long and did it in 2h,22m,19s and finished at about 900th place out of 7600. Se link to Dagens Nyheter:

Prinsessa i spåren
Old 02-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Nobility

Good job!!!
Old 02-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Swedish Princess Madeleine (in sun glasses) finished the 30KM ski race "Tjejvasan", a precursor for the Vasa marathon ski race next weekend together with 7392 other women in Falun Saturday Feb. 23 2008. (ANP)

pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3 -- pic 4 -- pic 5
pic 6 -- pic 7 -- pic 8 -- pic 9 -- lovely smile
Old 02-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81 View Post
Today Madeleine became the third person from the royal family to ski one of the Vasa ski races. She participated in "tjejvasan" wich is 30km long and did it in 2h,22m,19s and finished at about 900th place out of 7600. Se link to Dagens Nyheter:

Prinsessa i spåren
It's a decent placement for someone who hasn't been cross country skiing all winter.

English article (basically saying the same as the Swedish one): Princess Madeleine competes in long-distance ski race in Sweden - International Herald Tribune
Old 02-25-2008, 02:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Swedish Princess Madeleine (in sun glasses) finished the 30KM ski race "Tjejvasan", a precursor for the Vasa marathon ski race next weekend together with 7392 other women in Falun Saturday Feb. 23 2008. (ANP)

pic 1 -- pic 2 -- pic 3 -- pic 4 -- pic 5
pic 6 -- pic 7 -- pic 8 -- pic 9 -- lovely smile

Good for her. Plus the pictures during the wedding are lovely. I always thought blue brings out the color of her eyes. I love the gown.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Gentry

Does Madeleine have contact lents???...And if she has...Are them the same colour as the original ones?? Thanks people!
Old 03-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Commoner

hey yes she have sometimes she wear it and the contacts are more blue than her real
Old 03-12-2008, 02:35 AM
Aristocracy

There are some new pics of Madeleine on ANP from a dinner last night at the Royal Palace. The Romanian president and his wife are in sweden. She looks lovely and I love her hair now it looks so natural.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Gentry

party princess

I typed Madeleine Bernadotte into youtube.com, looking for something to post and what came up was a 5 or 6 part celebrity-documentary ( I think recent) all about Madde and her life! It was fun to watch- even if I don't speak the language!
Old 03-18-2008, 12:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by linneatherose View Post
I typed Madeleine Bernadotte into youtube.com, looking for something to post and what came up was a 5 or 6 part celebrity-documentary ( I think recent) all about Madde and her life! It was fun to watch- even if I don't speak the language!

thanks for the info I liked it!!!
Old 03-30-2008, 01:45 AM
Gentry

It looks like she and her brother accompanied their parents to the opera. The pics are on anp photo
Old 03-30-2008, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

take a look on the thread The Royal Family of Sweden Current Events here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8-a-15923.html
Old 05-31-2008, 06:54 PM
Gentry

Is it just me or does anyone else think Madeleine doesn't like doing royal events at all? Like she didn't go to the state visit from Greece. It seems quite convenient that she had to be in NYC at that time. I also highly doubt that she had to be in New York at that time nor could she have scheduled it differently. Its not like the family didn't know when these two events were taking place.

I'm sorry if I sound irritated, but I am. Like others I have noticed that the King, Queen and CP Victoria have events piled up on top of each other. It seems like their schedules get worse every week, yet Madeleine does take part very often nor does Carl Philip. I understand that some of them may not choose to be a royal, but with these benefits and privileges comes some responsibility.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Madeleine bought clothes at the shop Nathalie Schuteman on Birger Jarlsgatan in Stockholm Friday
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
At Friday night Madeleine went to a concert with Dolly Parton at Stockholm Olympic Stadium with her friends
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Emma Pernald was also there
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 06-16-2008, 03:35 PM

I attended the Dolly Parton concert in Stockholm and I did see Princess Madeleine and she did really have a good time. She is a good dancer, that I already know thoug. But what struck me as a surprise was that Emma Pernald smokes.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeniebaby View Post
I attended the Dolly Parton concert in Stockholm and I did see Princess Madeleine and she did really have a good time. She is a good dancer, that I already know thoug. But what struck me as a surprise was that Emma Pernald smokes.

I hope you had a great time too! :)
We have seen Emma with a ciggy before (the pix were taken at a wedding) And I was also "" in the first moment...even though smoking in her age and work group is surely nothing unusal. But somehow the press had always painted this image of the nature girl with cheeks to pinch
Old 06-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Aristocracy

OMG!!!,she went to a Dolly Parton concert,they must have been the only people there under 50.

Tags
current events, princess madeleine