Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 7: February 2008 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perhaps this was the plan all along to get Madeleine there and then cancel her engagements. Maybe because it wouldn't look good running to America. Thats really sweet of Victoria to step in and take her sister's place. Madeleine must really be heartbroken. What I found strange from the beginning, was the fact that right after the break up announcement, she came to the US for such engagements. What woman after such a traumatic time would want to do that? The court should have just let her take time off from the very beginning:bang:.

Daniel Nyhlen asks, how sad is Madeleine really? She is said to be devastated, so sad that the court cancelled her duties. But according to eyewitnesses, it seems Madeleine is no way as cracked as alleged in newspapers. She is often shopping in New York and visits the best restaurants. On Tuesday, she was at Balthazar restaurant with Lovisa de Geer and Sofi Fahrman. Nyhlen wonders that it seems strange that the princess cancelled her official act in Seattle, where Victoria is now forced to go, when she sits at the same time with her friends in NYC's luxury restaurants.
Hur ledsen är prinsessan Madeleine – egentligen? | Daniel Nyhléns kungliga blogg - Svensk Damtidning

Well, you cannot infer a person's psychic state that easily, I believe. Just because Madeleine looks like 'enjoying' some rather casual activities at the moment that doesn't indicate automatically she's feeling sort of content right now. I would like to emphasize that you don't need much concentration when shopping or having normal conversations with friends at a nice restaurant whereas you have to focus quite a bit on official duties, viz. it would be far more obvious then if your thoughts and emotions were actually directed towards something else...

Did the court say that this wasn't an excuse to get her out of the country, but rather long planed working trip? I feel for Madeleine, I really do, but she shouldn't have opted out of her duty. Shes gotten more attention then I would have thought possible in the U.S., but this is ridiculous to have her older sister fly out not to just another country but another continent to fill in last minute.

After my friend's funeral, a bunch of us decided to go out to eat rather than go back to his family's house and be surrounded by people crying -- it was too much. So we went out and had a nice lunch and shared some laughs about our time with him and if someone just randomly took a picture of us at that table, they'd think we'd lost our minds -- wearing funeral black with veils on our heads, laughing like nothing is wrong.

Doesn't mean we weren't mourning, sad or greatly affected by his loss. That was just how we chose to deal with it. So if Madeleine is out with friends and trying to move on, just because she's eating a nice meal and smiling occasionally doesn't mean she's not in some kind of pain.

o.k. don't get mad at me, but here is the flip side of the coin. It seems as if people want Madeline to be locked away in her castle tower, going thru tons of tissues, crying her eyes out over her broken engagment.
Well, maybe she's not that upset over it. From the reports that have been out, maybe she saw it coming and just needed her family or her friends to justify things for her to make sure that she was doing the right thing. Maybe she is o.k with being single, but is maybe a little embarrased about the actual announcement of both the engagment and the breakup. maybe she is embarrased about being confronted by the press asking about his cheating. I can understand her not wanting to be asked stupid questions and wanting to get away from things until is some what dies down. Because she knows that the pity party will start up again when her sister walks down the aisle. And by pity party, I mean the pity that the public is giving her. And in actuality, she is a much stronger person than she is being given credit for. And since the news followed her to N.Y., maybe she is just cancelling appearances because she is being hounded again by the press. Once again, with them asking stupid questions.

If she wouldn´t have gotten engaged to the man, who had cheated on her 2 months before the proposal, she wouldn´t have those problems.
She was acting immature and is doing it again.
Of course it is actually about the press, of course it is humilating, but now she is just triggering the whole circus again, makes the Royal house like a docu soap seeming.

Hurt or not, its her duty to show up and do her job! She was set to appear at a set number of events, and its her responsibility to show up them not pass the buck on press or not. It's immature to have her sister fly over to cover for her while she goes on vacation for the rest of the month.

After my friend's funeral, a bunch of us decided to go out to eat rather than go back to his family's house and be surrounded by people crying -- it was too much. So we went out and had a nice lunch and shared some laughs about our time with him and if someone just randomly took a picture of us at that table, they'd think we'd lost our minds -- wearing funeral black with veils on our heads, laughing like nothing is wrong.

Doesn't mean we weren't mourning, sad or greatly affected by his loss. That was just how we chose to deal with it. So if Madeleine is out with friends and trying to move on, just because she's eating a nice meal and smiling occasionally doesn't mean she's not in some kind of pain.
I agree with you 100%. Extremely well put and correct that everyone reacts to sorrow [of any kind] differently.

Hurt or not, its her duty to show up and do her job! She was set to appear at a set number of events, and its her responsibility to show up them not pass the buck on press or not. It's immature to have her sister fly over to cover for her while she goes on vacation for the rest of the month.

I totally agree.

It's not very fair for Crown Princess Victoria either. :sad: Perhaps Princess Madeleine has a very good reason why she's not doing the event any longer, but at the moment it seems to be immature and a little selfish.

Not everything is black and white, even for royals. Life is shades of gray.

True. She should. But what if she's heartbroken? We can't blame her for leaning on her sister in her time of need. People don't understand stuff like this until it happens to them. I have a friend whose engagement was cancelled and she was never the same. She actually died with that grudge in her heart.

Yes Madeleine had responsibilitites, but for Victoria to jump on a plane, fly for miles to fill in for her sister, it must be serious. Don't be deceived by her shopping and dining with friends. This is exactly what many women do when things like this happen to them. She's most likely putting a smile on her face while inwardly her heart is breaking. I wouldn't consider it a vacation, but a time for her to find herself, regroup, think, forgive and move on. If Madeleine went to seattle she would have to put up a good front, maybe she is so hurt to the point where she can't even face someone with a smiling face. I think it's very nice of the King, Victoria and the court to allow her this time.

Well said. I think sometimes people forget that beind a title, royalty are regular people. They have feelings, aside from responsibility that sometimes there is just no good to pretend or put up a front. I mean in all honestly, I couldn't, could any of you in a situation really not need to lean of a family member? Especially an older sister? I think it would be wise to consider Madeleine as a the real person and not just as a princess.

True. She should. But what if she's heartbroken? We can't blame her for leaning on her sister in her time of need. People don't understand stuff like this until it happens to them. I have a friend whose engagement was cancelled and she was never the same. She actually died with that grudge in her heart.

Yes Madeleine had responsibilitites, but for Victoria to jump on a plane, fly for miles to fill in for her sister, it must be serious. Don't be deceived by her shopping and dining with friends. This is exactly what many women do when things like this happen to them. She's most likely putting a smile on her face while inwardly her heart is breaking. I wouldn't consider it a vacation, but a time for her to find herself, regroup, think, forgive and move on. If Madeleine went to seattle she would have to put up a good front, maybe she is so hurt to the point where she can't even face someone with a smiling face. I think it's very nice of the King, Victoria and the court to allow her this time.

She's human like the rest of us. Princess or not she has feelings. I'm not a therapist but I think what she's doing is healthy for her. Surrounding herself with people who care about her and she can trust. For her to see that there's people who care about her and she can trust is important especially in her situation. How her ex treated her is unbelievable. No one deserves what he did. Let her heal and she will be able to do her properly.

She's hurt yet she may still have strong affection towards JB which is very conflicting for her. :sad:

I applaud the swedish royal family for both taking care of their family members by allowing Madeleine to back out of her committment and for Victoria who steps in and fulfills the event. To break up after 8 years and under the circumstances that Jonas and Madeleine did would be heart breaking even if one were not an official person. Besides we do not know what is going on behing the scenes. Jonas may not be leaving the limelight quietly. He may feel he was made the villain and may want to even the score with Madeleine.
If she needs more time to grieve and heal then she should do that. Grieving often is accompanied by lots of tears and often at unexpected moments. Being out to dinner with friends and tearing up is not the same as being at an official function.

I applaud the swedish royal family for both taking care of their family members by allowing Madeleine to back out of her committment and for Victoria who steps in and fulfills the event. To break up after 8 years and under the circumstances that Jonas and Madeleine did would be heart breaking even if one were not an official person. Besides we do not know what is going on behing the scenes. Jonas may not be leaving the limelight quietly. He may feel he was made the villain and may want to even the score with Madeleine.
If she needs more time to grieve and heal then she should do that. Grieving often is accompanied by lots of tears and often at unexpected moments. Being out to dinner with friends and tearing up is not the same as being at an official function.
Well said!!

[B said:
lilnana[/B]]
It's immature to have her sister fly over to cover for her while she goes on vacation for the rest of the month.

Madeleine is not in vacation. She works for her mother's fondation. She just doesn't want to be in front of photographe who will catch her no stop. She works but want to have low profil for now

I cannot imagine the pain of the break-up of an 8 year relationship let alone a very public royal engagement. To have all this played out on the public stage must be very hurtful and for articles like the above? It must be like rubbing salt in the wound, intimating as it does that perhaps Jonas was not the unfaithful one, but rather Madeleine. Ouch!

It's at times like these that a girl, Princess or not, needs the love and support of both her friends and her family. In the past week we have seen evidence of both.

After all she's been through, Madeleine has every right to take a break and keep a low profile for some time. I think that Victoria is terrific big sister to Madeleine, however they should spare her a bit, her wedding is almost one month ahead!

Well hopefully all of Jonas belongings have been removed from Madeline's apartment......but it will be hard for Daniel & CarlPhilip to also sever their friendship with Jonas

Believe me, it will be easy for them, especially for Carl Philip, because Jonas hurt Madeleine in a terrible way. It would have been different if they split because of anything other than cheating and betrayl. But it is not the case.

Well, but do we know now, what really happened. It might very well be, that "Tora" did happen, Madeleine was forgiving him, but was cheating on him after the engagement.

Me had never a feeling Jonas and Carl Philip were close, but this could be as wrong as the current common view on Madeleine´s and Jonas relationship.

Believe me, it will be easy for them, especially for Carl Philip, because Jonas hurt Madeleine in a terrible way. It would have been different if they split because of anything other than cheating and betrayl. But it is not the case.

Exactly! There's no way they'll still be friends after what he did to his sister. Besides I don't think Jonas and Carl Philip were close to begin with. It's Daniel and Jonas who is close.

:previous: I don't think Daniel would find it easy to forgive something like that. Both sisters have been in long term realtionships and it must have been very disquieting for both Victoria and Daniel.

For Daniel it has introduced an element of doubt and pain into his own relationship and he must feel Victoria's pain for her sister. Pain and hurt for a sister she loves and at the same time she is trying to support Madeleine, she is also immersed in her own plans for the "Royal Wedding of the Decade" next month. And a wedding party that we are expecting Madeleine to be a part of.

No. I don't think he and Jonas will be doing lunch any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom