The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnana View Post
Hurt or not, its her duty to show up and do her job! She was set to appear at a set number of events, and its her responsibility to show up them not pass the buck on press or not. It's immature to have her sister fly over to cover for her while she goes on vacation for the rest of the month.
I totally agree.

It's not very fair for Crown Princess Victoria either. Perhaps Princess Madeleine has a very good reason why she's not doing the event any longer, but at the moment it seems to be immature and a little selfish.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Hurt or not, its her duty to show up and do her job! She was set to appear at a set number of events, and its her responsibility to show up them not pass the buck on press or not. It's immature to have her sister fly over to cover for her while she goes on vacation for the rest of the month.

Not everything is black and white, even for royals. Life is shades of gray.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
True. She should. But what if she's heartbroken? We can't blame her for leaning on her sister in her time of need. People don't understand stuff like this until it happens to them. I have a friend whose engagement was cancelled and she was never the same. She actually died with that grudge in her heart.

Yes Madeleine had responsibilitites, but for Victoria to jump on a plane, fly for miles to fill in for her sister, it must be serious. Don't be deceived by her shopping and dining with friends. This is exactly what many women do when things like this happen to them. She's most likely putting a smile on her face while inwardly her heart is breaking. I wouldn't consider it a vacation, but a time for her to find herself, regroup, think, forgive and move on. If Madeleine went to seattle she would have to put up a good front, maybe she is so hurt to the point where she can't even face someone with a smiling face. I think it's very nice of the King, Victoria and the court to allow her this time.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Aristocracy

Well said. I think sometimes people forget that beind a title, royalty are regular people. They have feelings, aside from responsibility that sometimes there is just no good to pretend or put up a front. I mean in all honestly, I couldn't, could any of you in a situation really not need to lean of a family member? Especially an older sister? I think it would be wise to consider Madeleine as a the real person and not just as a princess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
True. She should. But what if she's heartbroken? We can't blame her for leaning on her sister in her time of need. People don't understand stuff like this until it happens to them. I have a friend whose engagement was cancelled and she was never the same. She actually died with that grudge in her heart.

Yes Madeleine had responsibilitites, but for Victoria to jump on a plane, fly for miles to fill in for her sister, it must be serious. Don't be deceived by her shopping and dining with friends. This is exactly what many women do when things like this happen to them. She's most likely putting a smile on her face while inwardly her heart is breaking. I wouldn't consider it a vacation, but a time for her to find herself, regroup, think, forgive and move on. If Madeleine went to seattle she would have to put up a good front, maybe she is so hurt to the point where she can't even face someone with a smiling face. I think it's very nice of the King, Victoria and the court to allow her this time.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

She's human like the rest of us. Princess or not she has feelings. I'm not a therapist but I think what she's doing is healthy for her. Surrounding herself with people who care about her and she can trust. For her to see that there's people who care about her and she can trust is important especially in her situation. How her ex treated her is unbelievable. No one deserves what he did. Let her heal and she will be able to do her properly.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:12 AM
Nobility

She's hurt yet she may still have strong affection towards JB which is very conflicting for her.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

I applaud the swedish royal family for both taking care of their family members by allowing Madeleine to back out of her committment and for Victoria who steps in and fulfills the event. To break up after 8 years and under the circumstances that Jonas and Madeleine did would be heart breaking even if one were not an official person. Besides we do not know what is going on behing the scenes. Jonas may not be leaving the limelight quietly. He may feel he was made the villain and may want to even the score with Madeleine.
If she needs more time to grieve and heal then she should do that. Grieving often is accompanied by lots of tears and often at unexpected moments. Being out to dinner with friends and tearing up is not the same as being at an official function.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
I applaud the swedish royal family for both taking care of their family members by allowing Madeleine to back out of her committment and for Victoria who steps in and fulfills the event. To break up after 8 years and under the circumstances that Jonas and Madeleine did would be heart breaking even if one were not an official person. Besides we do not know what is going on behing the scenes. Jonas may not be leaving the limelight quietly. He may feel he was made the villain and may want to even the score with Madeleine.
If she needs more time to grieve and heal then she should do that. Grieving often is accompanied by lots of tears and often at unexpected moments. Being out to dinner with friends and tearing up is not the same as being at an official function.
Well said!!
Old 05-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Swede Princess Madeleine emerges after break-up - NYPOST.com
Old 05-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
lilnana[/B]]
It's immature to have her sister fly over to cover for her while she goes on vacation for the rest of the month.

Madeleine is not in vacation. She works for her mother's fondation. She just doesn't want to be in front of photographe who will catch her no stop. She works but want to have low profil for now
Old 05-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Courtier

here is another site with more pictures:
Princesses watchers
Old 05-11-2010, 04:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilou View Post
[/I]
She works but want to have low profil for now
It's understandable for her to want a low profile and I think it's wise of her.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:21 AM
Majesty

I cannot imagine the pain of the break-up of an 8 year relationship let alone a very public royal engagement. To have all this played out on the public stage must be very hurtful and for articles like the above? It must be like rubbing salt in the wound, intimating as it does that perhaps Jonas was not the unfaithful one, but rather Madeleine. Ouch!

It's at times like these that a girl, Princess or not, needs the love and support of both her friends and her family. In the past week we have seen evidence of both.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Aristocracy

After all she's been through, Madeleine has every right to take a break and keep a low profile for some time. I think that Victoria is terrific big sister to Madeleine, however they should spare her a bit, her wedding is almost one month ahead!
Old 05-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine returned to Sweden yesterday morning
Nu är Madeleine tillbaka i Sverige - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Old 05-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Courtier

Well hopefully all of Jonas belongings have been removed from Madeline's apartment......but it will be hard for Daniel & CarlPhilip to also sever their friendship with Jonas
Old 05-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Aristocracy

Believe me, it will be easy for them, especially for Carl Philip, because Jonas hurt Madeleine in a terrible way. It would have been different if they split because of anything other than cheating and betrayl. But it is not the case.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Aristocracy

Well, but do we know now, what really happened. It might very well be, that "Tora" did happen, Madeleine was forgiving him, but was cheating on him after the engagement.

Me had never a feeling Jonas and Carl Philip were close, but this could be as wrong as the current common view on Madeleine´s and Jonas relationship.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelle View Post
Believe me, it will be easy for them, especially for Carl Philip, because Jonas hurt Madeleine in a terrible way. It would have been different if they split because of anything other than cheating and betrayl. But it is not the case.
Exactly! There's no way they'll still be friends after what he did to his sister. Besides I don't think Jonas and Carl Philip were close to begin with. It's Daniel and Jonas who is close.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Majesty

I don't think Daniel would find it easy to forgive something like that. Both sisters have been in long term realtionships and it must have been very disquieting for both Victoria and Daniel.

For Daniel it has introduced an element of doubt and pain into his own relationship and he must feel Victoria's pain for her sister. Pain and hurt for a sister she loves and at the same time she is trying to support Madeleine, she is also immersed in her own plans for the "Royal Wedding of the Decade" next month. And a wedding party that we are expecting Madeleine to be a part of.

No. I don't think he and Jonas will be doing lunch any time soon.

Tags
current events, princess madeleine