The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Was she having a phone call while driving?

Old 04-19-2010, 01:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Was she having a phone call while driving?
Royals can avoid law in so many ways

Old 04-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

More info. about the princess Madelaine and Jonas Bergstrom ending their engagement can be found in this thread.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Serene Highness

Pardon me if this has been discussed, although I didnt see anything, but why is Maddeleine going to the US and how long will she be there for?
Old 04-24-2010, 02:03 PM
Courtier

going tomorrow, i think, and coming on the 9th of may. as far as i know:)
Old 04-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Madeleine on her way to her home (yesterday, I think)
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo

Madeleine on her way to board an SAS flight to New York from Arlanda airport.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 04-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtikavalentine View Post
Is talking on the phone while driving illegal in Sweden?
Old 04-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura724 View Post
Is talking on the phone while driving illegal in Sweden?
No it´s not
Old 04-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Where exactly will Madeleine be traveling in the US over the next few weeks? Just New York and Seattle?

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 04-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
We can talk on the phone while driving here in America. We can not text.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Courtier

No, in America we can't
Old 04-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Nobility

Smile She can have any man

Oh well ... there is no reason for the Princess to be engaged to a man who uses the "little head" to control their lives ... She can have any man she wants!

Then of course Jonas can sit and repent himself so much he wants to ....

She is worthy of someone who thinks with his head at the top of the body ... She like all other women ...
Old 04-24-2010, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Well it looks like Madelaine is using the phone on palace grounds...so its like she is talking in her driveway?

Old 04-24-2010, 09:39 PM
Nobility

Not a crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Well it looks like Madelaine is using the phone on palace grounds...so its like she is talking in her driveway?
There is no law in Sweden that says that you can not drive and talk in the mobile phone while driving is in progress. Sweden is one of the few countries that has not banned it.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
No, in America we can't
It depends on where you are in America. In some states you can text or talk and drive, it some places you can only talk, and in some you can do neither.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
It depends on where you are in America. In some states you can text or talk and drive, it some places you can only talk, and in some you can do neither.
I would like it to be a national law, banning talking/texting while driving. I can't count the number of times I've nearly been involved in an accident because some numbskull in front of me just absolutely has to say "OMG NO WAI" to some other numbskull they're talking to.

If the situation is so dire that you must talk on the phone while in your car, pull over to the side of the road or put your emergency flashers on and try to get out of the lane of traffic so that people around you know to slow down and proceed with caution around your vehicle. It's just common sense to me.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-24-2010, 10:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I ment Colombia, America is a continent not a country
Old 04-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I ment Colombia, America is a continent not a country

America is a country. North America is the continent that America is a part of. The same as South America is the continent Columbia is a part of.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
America is a country. North America is the continent that America is a part of. The same as South America is the continent Columbia is a part of.
I know this is out of topic, but your country is United States of America, States of North America, mine of course, as you said, is South America, it means that America includes, North, South and Central America
Old 04-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I know this is out of topic, but your country is United States of America, States of North America, mine of course, as you said, is South America, it means that America includes, North, South and Central America

America is another name for the United States of America. It's merely a shortened form of the country's official name. The same as people call it the United States or the US or the USA. It's all the same thing. That's why people from this country are called Americans, not United States of Americans.

The Americas are North, Central and South America. However "America" by itself refers to the country, not a continent.

Closed Thread

Tags
current events, princess madeleine