The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Courtier

Princess Madeleine has in the past been a lot more tanned than she was at the King of Norway's Birthday recently.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Commoner

Yes that´s right the years before she look like that somebody forgott to take her of the solarium

Old 03-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathaFD
Yes that´s right the years before she look like that somebody forgott to take her of the solarium
It is winter. She has not had the time yet to sunbathe at the Rivièra.

Old 03-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Commoner

Is there any news of madeline?
Old 03-07-2007, 01:39 AM
Commoner

The Princess Madeline looks very nice and beautiful in these outfits. I'm just glad that she isn't super skinny looking. She's looks healthy and full of life, not like a crackhead.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by afro1920
The Princess Madeline looks very nice and beautiful in these outfits. I'm just glad that she isn't super skinny looking. She's looks healthy and full of life, not like a crackhead.
Do you have a link that has the pictures you are referring to? because I have not been able to find any from Estonia.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Serene Highness

Alright please no one take this the wrong way and I know this has already been discussed at length on this thread and I'm not meaning to start anything. But I have to say I'm finally starting to see what some have been talking about. Madeleine doesn't necessarily have that refined "princess look". She has a bit of a popstar quality. I just happened to really notice it by looking at the above pics posted by fanletizia. I'm starting to see what the buzz is about.

Don't get me wrong she looks good. Lovely hair, nice coat, stylish boots but it just doesn't seem to say princess it looks more trendy popstar-ish
Old 03-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Nobility

^ Yes. She's like a Paris Hilton type. Not that I'm comparing the both of them.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Courtier

Yes I do agree with what you are saying Aurora810 Princess Madeleine does look more like a popstar/celebrity than a princess but she is still stylish.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

But sometimes she hard too much - be stylish.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
Alright please no one take this the wrong way and I know this has already been discussed at length on this thread and I'm not meaning to start anything. But I have to say I'm finally starting to see what some have been talking about. Madeleine doesn't necessarily have that refined "princess look". She has a bit of a popstar quality. I just happened to really notice it by looking at the above pics posted by fanletizia. I'm starting to see what the buzz is about.

Don't get me wrong she looks good. Lovely hair, nice coat, stylish boots but it just doesn't seem to say princess it looks more trendy popstar-ish
I agree with you that she does look more like a trendy popstar rather than a princess especially when on an day-to-day basis but at the same time when she gets all made up with a tiara and beautiful gown she looks like a fairytale princess. So I guess what I am saying is it depends on the occasion...where she is going and what she is doing. but yeah she certainly is very trendy which i love that about her.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:11 AM
Commoner

I definetly agree with you that princess madeleine has a style that differs from the one of the other european princesses. However, I think it looks great on her.Sometimes it may be not very aprropriate but it fits her right and, unlike her sister, she knows how to look beautiful.
But there comes another question: her choose of a style that differs a lot from the style of other princesses that surround her, calls all the attentions to herself. If she adopted a more discret style, she wouldn't call so many attentions: take her sister as an example: she is the crownprincess, however, when she attends an official duty with madeleine, everyone is focused on madeleine's outfit, because it is different from the others. Now, tell me: when madeleine complains about her lack of privacy and the fact the papparazzi don't leave her alone, is she really honest? If she doesn't want to call their attention, she would be more discret in her style.But that's just my opinion.
Old 03-09-2007, 08:52 AM
Gentry

Now, tell me: when madeleine complains about her lack of privacy and the fact the papparazzi don't leave her alone, is she really honest? If she doesn't want to call their attention, she would be more discret in her style.But that's just my opinion.[/quote]

I think you're right in that point. Look at Victoria for example, she always tries to keep her profile low, because she doesn't wish to have more attention than she already got with her role as crownprincess. And I think the main reason for paparazzi to follow Madeleine ist that she is always eyecatching. She never looks boring (as Victoria sometimes does, just my opinion), she's always interesting to watch. And her lifestyle is not very decent, I think. There are never photos of Victoria shopping at Gucci etc.
So Madeleines life(style) is more interesting for the public eye. But on the other hand I think that Madeleine was not followed very much by photographers during the last months, so maybe she doesn't see a reason at the moment for keeping her profile low???
Old 03-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Mandaleine is a stylish young princess, its good she doing things, instead of hanging out at parties etc.
reading a few comments, i can see where she looks like a pop-star comes in and thats because imo is blonde & quit tanned like all the other pop-stars & does alot when it comes to make-up & fahion
Old 03-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Courtier

May be Princess Madeleine only feels confident when dressing up in public?
Old 03-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
Mandaleine is a stylish young princess, its good she doing things, instead of hanging out at parties etc.
reading a few comments, i can see where she looks like a pop-star comes in and thats because imo is blonde & quit tanned like all the other pop-stars & does alot when it comes to make-up & fahion
Yes, I see what you are saying but I still think there is a way to be blonde have a good tan and still show yourself as a princess. I really don't want to compare her to anyone else cause I hate when that happens everyone is their own person.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Courtier

At least we discuss style!, with Victoria I keep wondering where is it. I prefer a pop star looking princess than a crownprincess that looks like a librarian, but I respect they are two different people.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo
I prefer a pop star looking princess than a crownprincess that looks like a librarian
I think you are mixing celebrities and Hollywood with royalty.

I think you miss the point of what royal or aristocratic means. Crown Princess Victoria feels the eyes of her predecessor prying in her back when she walks through the marble halls of Drottningholm Palace. She is the newest generation of a looooong line of illustrious and revered Kings, Queens, Princes and Princesses in the Swedish monarchy. She will inherit its greatness, grandeur, historical relevance and glory. She tries to bear it like a proud scion of this grand family, to progress virtue and tries to be meritorious for the country she loves so much.

That is what makes monarchy total different from 'celeb looks'. And that is also why I'm saddened by types as Rania and Madeleine who radiate everything except solemnity and grandesse.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
I think you are mixing celebrities and Hollywood with royalty.

I think you miss the point of what royal or aristocratic means. Crown Princess Victoria feels the eyes of her predecessor prying in her back when she walks through the marble halls of Drottningholm Palace. She is the newest generation of a looooong line of illustrious and revered Kings, Queens, Princes and Princesses in the Swedish monarchy. She will inherit its greatness, grandeur, historical relevance and glory. She tries to bear it like a proud scion of this grand family, to progress virtue and tries to be meritorious for the country she loves so much.

That is what makes monarchy total different from 'celeb looks'. And that is also why I'm saddened by types as Rania and Madeleine who radiate everything except solemnity and grandesse.
Wonderfully stated Henri. That's exactly the difference!
Old 03-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Nobility

I fail to see all this uproar over Princess Madeleine' look. If she purposefully dressed or acted 'sexless' then the complaint would be how unppealing or ugly she looks, you are doomed either way.

She's a beautiful, hard working and fashionable young lady. I'm wondering if we are following the "101 Guide on how to look like a 19th century Princess", since she has yet to dress or act in public in away that would shame her family or constitutional position.

And this anology with Paris Hilton & Britney Spears is just preposterous. Last time I checked, Maddei did not appear in a sex video, nor did she marry twice in less than a yr and mother 2 children, while exposing her private parts

Closed Thread

Tags
concert, princess madeleine