Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 6: January 2007 - February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's a 24 year old woman now, she can't look like she's 15. And her nails aren't plastic. I'm sure she has them professionally done, and she probably takes care of them, so they are her real nails. A French manicure, which she seems to favor, doesn't mean her nails are fake.

In the States, lip gloss is worn by teenagers, young adults, mature women....my mom wears lip gloss, and she looks good. As for make-up during a job interview.....I don't care how serious the company is, if the person you're interviewing with is more transfixed on your lip gloss and not on your credentials and interview ability....you don't need the job. Most women, in fact I'd say ALL women who interview for a job are smart enough to look appropriately, including makeup. To say that if it's a "serious" job you shouldn't wear any, is silly.

Last edited:
Sister Morphine said:
She's a 24 year old woman now, she can't look like she's 15. And her nails aren't plastic. I'm sure she has them professionally done, and she probably takes care of them, so they are her real nails. A French manicure, which she seems to favor, doesn't mean her nails are fake.

I don´t care, if they are plastic or real...they look fake and for my taste they are way too long. And that one is 24 doesn´t mean, that one can´t look natural anymore. It´s even so, that many women go back to the natural style at this age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sister Morphine said:

In the States, lip gloss is worn by teenagers, young adults, mature women....my mom wears lip gloss, and she looks good. As for make-up during a job interview.....I don't care how serious the company is, if the person you're interviewing with is more transfixed on your lip gloss and not on your credentials and interview ability....you don't need the job. Most women, in fact I'd say ALL women who interview for a job are smart enough to look appropriately, including makeup. To say that if it's a "serious" job you shouldn't wear any, is silly.

I totally agree with you!!!!! wearing makeup does not bring down your chances of being successful,in fact, it helps you be more successful in my opinion and just like you said credentials are whats important not necessarily how you look. As far as fresh faced as someone mentioned earlier, are you kidding? lip gloss does not make you look younger but a fresh face certainly does especially in a professional environment. As far as Madeliene is concerned I do not see how she overdoes her makeup. She looks great and I never knew that it was a " bad thing" to look like a barbie. I admire Madeleine because she knews when to dress all the way and when to tone it down. The girl has got beauty and style!!! which not too many people have. I do not care that people are trying to make her look fake and overdone that is just jealousy in my opinion, she is a very classy and elegant woman.

Last edited:
jspate said:
I admire Madeleine because she knews when to dress all the way and when to tone it down. The girl has got beauty and style!!! which not too many people have. I do not care that people are trying to make her look fake and overdone that is just jealousy in my opinion, she is a very classy and elegant woman.

I'm sorry to say that I could not disagree more, but hey... what the heck?
Live and let live. If Madeleine feels comfortable in a babydoll and with lipgloss, so be it.

:flowers:

Sister Morphine said:

I agree. Most women wear make up when applying for a job. I know I do. The whole point of make up is to hide the things you're not happy about and make the things you feel proud of, stand out. I feel more secure that way. And it's not that Madeleine wears make up every single day, so I don't see what you are all complaining about. Het make up was fresh and not over the top, so....

Does anyone have pics of her hands (nails) cause that's something I haven't paid attention to :p

Piqui said:
Does anyone have pics of her hands (nails) cause that's something I haven't paid attention to :p

Madde

You can see she has a French manicure, which she favors a lot.

I don't think Princess Madeleine overdoes her make-up.

Hello! I would like to see more pics of Princess madeleine and her friend Louise "Lussan" Gottlieb. They spent a lot of time together so if anyone
got some pics, please post them=)

Thanks

Sister Morphine said:
Madde

You can see she has a French manicure, which she favors a lot.

Ugh. I have to agree, her nails are horrible.
I don't think her make-up is so much the problem, more her extreme tan.

Princess Madeleine has in the past been a lot more tanned than she was at the King of Norway's Birthday recently.

Yes that´s right the years before she look like that somebody forgott to take her of the solarium

KathaFD said:
Yes that´s right the years before she look like that somebody forgott to take her of the solarium

It is winter. She has not had the time yet to sunbathe at the Rivièra.

:flowers:

The Princess Madeline looks very nice and beautiful in these outfits. I'm just glad that she isn't super skinny looking. She's looks healthy and full of life, not like a crackhead.

afro1920 said:
The Princess Madeline looks very nice and beautiful in these outfits. I'm just glad that she isn't super skinny looking. She's looks healthy and full of life, not like a crackhead.

Do you have a link that has the pictures you are referring to? because I have not been able to find any from Estonia.

Alright please no one take this the wrong way and I know this has already been discussed at length on this thread and I'm not meaning to start anything. But I have to say I'm finally starting to see what some have been talking about. Madeleine doesn't necessarily have that refined "princess look". She has a bit of a popstar quality. I just happened to really notice it by looking at the above pics posted by fanletizia. I'm starting to see what the buzz is about.

Don't get me wrong she looks good. Lovely hair, nice coat, stylish boots but it just doesn't seem to say princess it looks more trendy popstar-ish;)

^ Yes. She's like a Paris Hilton type. Not that I'm comparing the both of them.

Yes I do agree with what you are saying Aurora810 Princess Madeleine does look more like a popstar/celebrity than a princess but she is still stylish.

But sometimes she hard too much - be stylish.

Aurora810 said:
Alright please no one take this the wrong way and I know this has already been discussed at length on this thread and I'm not meaning to start anything. But I have to say I'm finally starting to see what some have been talking about. Madeleine doesn't necessarily have that refined "princess look". She has a bit of a popstar quality. I just happened to really notice it by looking at the above pics posted by fanletizia. I'm starting to see what the buzz is about.

Don't get me wrong she looks good. Lovely hair, nice coat, stylish boots but it just doesn't seem to say princess it looks more trendy popstar-ish;)

I agree with you that she does look more like a trendy popstar rather than a princess especially when on an day-to-day basis but at the same time when she gets all made up with a tiara and beautiful gown she looks like a fairytale princess. So I guess what I am saying is it depends on the occasion...where she is going and what she is doing. but yeah she certainly is very trendy which i love that about her.

I definetly agree with you that princess madeleine has a style that differs from the one of the other european princesses. However, I think it looks great on her.Sometimes it may be not very aprropriate but it fits her right and, unlike her sister, she knows how to look beautiful.
But there comes another question: her choose of a style that differs a lot from the style of other princesses that surround her, calls all the attentions to herself. If she adopted a more discret style, she wouldn't call so many attentions: take her sister as an example: she is the crownprincess, however, when she attends an official duty with madeleine, everyone is focused on madeleine's outfit, because it is different from the others. Now, tell me: when madeleine complains about her lack of privacy and the fact the papparazzi don't leave her alone, is she really honest? If she doesn't want to call their attention, she would be more discret in her style.But that's just my opinion.

Now, tell me: when madeleine complains about her lack of privacy and the fact the papparazzi don't leave her alone, is she really honest? If she doesn't want to call their attention, she would be more discret in her style.But that's just my opinion.[/quote]

I think you're right in that point. Look at Victoria for example, she always tries to keep her profile low, because she doesn't wish to have more attention than she already got with her role as crownprincess. And I think the main reason for paparazzi to follow Madeleine ist that she is always eyecatching. She never looks boring (as Victoria sometimes does, just my opinion), she's always interesting to watch. And her lifestyle is not very decent, I think. There are never photos of Victoria shopping at Gucci etc.
So Madeleines life(style) is more interesting for the public eye. But on the other hand I think that Madeleine was not followed very much by photographers during the last months, so maybe she doesn't see a reason at the moment for keeping her profile low??? :rolleyes:

Mandaleine is a stylish young princess, its good she doing things, instead of hanging out at parties etc.
reading a few comments, i can see where she looks like a pop-star comes in and thats because imo is blonde & quit tanned like all the other pop-stars & does alot when it comes to make-up & fahion

May be Princess Madeleine only feels confident when dressing up in public?

dazzling said:
Mandaleine is a stylish young princess, its good she doing things, instead of hanging out at parties etc.
reading a few comments, i can see where she looks like a pop-star comes in and thats because imo is blonde & quit tanned like all the other pop-stars & does alot when it comes to make-up & fahion

Yes, I see what you are saying but I still think there is a way to be blonde have a good tan and still show yourself as a princess. I really don't want to compare her to anyone else cause I hate when that happens everyone is their own person.

At least we discuss style!, with Victoria I keep wondering where is it. I prefer a pop star looking princess than a crownprincess that looks like a librarian, but I respect they are two different people.

avrilo said:
I prefer a pop star looking princess than a crownprincess that looks like a librarian

I think you are mixing celebrities and Hollywood with royalty.

I think you miss the point of what royal or aristocratic means. Crown Princess Victoria feels the eyes of her predecessor prying in her back when she walks through the marble halls of Drottningholm Palace. She is the newest generation of a looooong line of illustrious and revered Kings, Queens, Princes and Princesses in the Swedish monarchy. She will inherit its greatness, grandeur, historical relevance and glory. She tries to bear it like a proud scion of this grand family, to progress virtue and tries to be meritorious for the country she loves so much.

That is what makes monarchy total different from 'celeb looks'. And that is also why I'm saddened by types as Rania and Madeleine who radiate everything except solemnity and grandesse.

Last edited:
Henri M. said:
I think you are mixing celebrities and Hollywood with royalty.

I think you miss the point of what royal or aristocratic means. Crown Princess Victoria feels the eyes of her predecessor prying in her back when she walks through the marble halls of Drottningholm Palace. She is the newest generation of a looooong line of illustrious and revered Kings, Queens, Princes and Princesses in the Swedish monarchy. She will inherit its greatness, grandeur, historical relevance and glory. She tries to bear it like a proud scion of this grand family, to progress virtue and tries to be meritorious for the country she loves so much.

That is what makes monarchy total different from 'celeb looks'. And that is also why I'm saddened by types as Rania and Madeleine who radiate everything except solemnity and grandesse.

Wonderfully stated Henri. :) That's exactly the difference!

I fail to see all this uproar over Princess Madeleine' look. If she purposefully dressed or acted 'sexless' then the complaint would be how unppealing or ugly she looks, you are doomed either way.

She's a beautiful, hard working and fashionable young lady. I'm wondering if we are following the "101 Guide on how to look like a 19th century Princess", since she has yet to dress or act in public in away that would shame her family or constitutional position.

And this anology with Paris Hilton & Britney Spears is just preposterous. Last time I checked, Maddei did not appear in a sex video, nor did she marry twice in less than a yr and mother 2 children, while exposing her private parts:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom