The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 05:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Some people (www.glife.se) have reported that they saw princess Madeleine in Båstad (=Swedens St Tropez :) ) yesterday. She was spotted in a candy store...

As almost the entire population on Stureplan heads south this week, Båstad is full of Madde- clones, so we cant know for sure.
But she must be back in Sweden... Tomorrow she will be at her sisters birthday celebrations in Borgholm

Old 07-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Fascinating! I changed Madeleine´s eyewhite and teeth in 2 pics more towards yellow/grey (not that older ppl wouldn´t bleach their teeth either and not that young ppl never have yellow teeth...but the natural process is, that they get darker with age) and doesn´t she look (esp. in the left pic) as if she would go straight towards the magic 40
Hm, I should show this graphic to my mum, who teases me, because I´m still so pale this summer
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5376/agingcu6.jpg (the original pics were from Rex)

Old 07-31-2006, 06:06 AM
Heir Apparent

There's an article about Madeleine dated on 28 July 2006. Here's the link :
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...863897,00.html

Could someone please provide a brief summary on it, please?
Old 07-31-2006, 06:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
There's an article about Madeleine dated on 28 July 2006. Here's the link :
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...863897,00.html

Could someone please provide a brief summary on it, please?
It has nothing to do with Madeleine really... its about a friend of her who was involved in a car accident, or more specific the brother of a friend :)
Old 08-25-2006, 08:12 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Court has today announced Princess Madeleine's plans for this autumn. She will take a master's class in organisation and leadership at Stockholm University and also intern at the World Childhood Foundation's headquarters in Stockholm.

http://www.royalcourt.se/ovrigt/pres...680002125.html
Old 08-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Courtier

Will that take her up until December this year?

Thanks.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Royal Highness

Madeleine certainly seems to like child-oriented organizations. She's a patron of My Big Day, interned at UNICEF, and now she's going to intern at the World Childhood's Foundation. I'm guessing she's staying in Sweden for Jonas who's going to work at a law firm in Stockholm. Maybe she also misses her family.

Thanks for the info, Grandduchess!
Old 08-26-2006, 04:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
The Royal Court has today announced Princess Madeleine's plans for this autumn. She will take a master's class in organisation and leadership at Stockholm University and also intern at the World Childhood Foundation's headquarters in Stockholm.

http://www.royalcourt.se/ovrigt/pres...680002125.html
Since you are always so (pre)informed, I wonder, if you have you have maybe heard, when she is going to visit one of the projects Childhood or UNICEF is patron of?
Old 08-26-2006, 05:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

It would be a good idea for Madeleine to do such a trip IMO, studying all this from her plush life in either Stockholm and New York does not give the same knowledge as experiencing it first hand. I think Märtha Louise (who is in the same position) was about the same age when she started travelling by herslef (If I remeber correctly she visited refugees in the Ivory coast alone when she was 21)

And from what I get from Madeleines comments she wants to do the royal thing full time, then it is about time to start with it now, to get some more experience Victoria is going to be quite busy with her diplomat program and Carl Philip will live abroad part of this autumn, then alot will fall on the King and Queen and then it would be nice if she could help out a little more.(atleast try to gather up more engagements than Lilian who is more than 90) the family is not so big, atleast until they start getting married
Old 08-26-2006, 05:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita
Will that take her up until December this year?

Thanks.
University courses usually ends in mid- january. I´m not sure about this one... But its great she´s back in Sweden. Lets hope for some more news about her. And perhaps more official duties?
Old 08-28-2006, 04:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
It would be a good idea for Madeleine to do such a trip IMO, studying all this from her plush life in either Stockholm and New York does not give the same knowledge as experiencing it first hand. I think Märtha Louise (who is in the same position) was about the same age when she started travelling by herslef (If I remeber correctly she visited refugees in the Ivory coast alone when she was 21)

And from what I get from Madeleines comments she wants to do the royal thing full time, then it is about time to start with it now, to get some more experience Victoria is going to be quite busy with her diplomat program and Carl Philip will live abroad part of this autumn, then alot will fall on the King and Queen and then it would be nice if she could help out a little more.(atleast try to gather up more engagements than Lilian who is more than 90) the family is not so big, atleast until they start getting married
I agree with you. It would be nice to see her taking up more Royal Engagments and going out in the field so to speak and experiencing Humanitarian work first hand.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:05 AM
Commoner

Hallo everyone! Hope you all have a nice day. Found this articel today at Aftonbladet.se

http://img.aftonbladet.se/noje/0608/...destor-509.jpg
Photo of IBL

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/noje/s...875208,00.html

It´s about Madeleine has been voted to the most beatyfull women in Sweden by 70 000 people, readers to Aftonbladet. It also says that this wasn´t the first time she has been voted for the most beatyfull woman in Sweden.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindygirl
Hallo everyone! Hope you all have a nice day. Found this articel today at Aftonbladet.se

http://img.aftonbladet.se/noje/0608/...destor-509.jpg
Photo of IBL

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/noje/s...875208,00.html

It´s about Madeleine has been voted to the most beatyfull women in Sweden by 70 000 people, readers to Aftonbladet. It also says that this wasn´t the first time she has been voted for the most beatyfull woman in Sweden.
Ok, I MUST ask this, because I really wonder. Could it be, that Swedes have a soft spot for tacky looking women? I generally wonder, not just in connection with Madeleine (but with other experiences...e.g. in connection with the fashion this von Sydow gal presents...or with this pseudo drag queen Silvstedt high up in the list) And in connection with Madeleine, I wonder if she profits a) from her status (princess...wow!...oh!...special!) and from her look in younger years (17-19y). Nooo, I don´t think she is ugly now! She is far away from that. But the most beautiful woman in Sweden??
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/06...de-937_438.jpg

I know, that we have all a different taste and though I wonder, why so many ppl can´t see the greater more exclusive beauty in her elder sister (Not, that I would suggest her as Sweden´s most beautiful, but for me she has much more to offer than Madeleine and I wonder why ppl don´t share my opinion )
Old 08-30-2006, 03:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder more why über hot matcho man Mikael Persbrant is so far behind girly Frederik Ljungberg, are the swedes not in to violent men who cheats on their girlfirend in public but still oh so manly

I do agree Victoria is more beautiful than Madeleine, especially when she makes an effort, and because the excessive tanning is beginning to make its mark on Madelines face. But it seems peroxide blond gives you extra points on this list.

But Victoria Silvstedt she is like the eptimome of tacky, or is there also extra points for big plastic breasts that always seems to be about to fall out of her barely there dresses
Old 08-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Royal Highness

I think Victoria and Madeleine are both beautiful in their own ways. I think Madeleine was voted "Most Beautiful" because she has more "fashion sense" than her sister. Victoria is very pretty when she tries but there were many times when her ponytail and funky glasses (they looked like sunglasses but really weren't) got in the way. Madeleine is much prettier though when she's not so tan....
Old 08-30-2006, 06:03 PM
Aristocracy

I definitely have to disagree with you guys. Beauty comes in many forms but referring to just physical beauty I think Madeleine has the best looks out of the two sisters. She has much more smaller and finer features than her sister. I am sure Victoria is a very sweet person but Madeleine definitely has the look people are looking for when judging physical beauty and I dont think blonde hair or blue eyes have anything to do with it because it is the face that counts in my opinion.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:48 AM
Majesty

have she done any event for her patronchip Europa Nostra
Old 09-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Majesty

how many visits has she done to her dukdoms, can somone name the events
she did one in Gävle 2003, did she not this year to the other dukedom
Old 09-12-2006, 05:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
how many visits has she done to her dukdoms, can somone name the events
she did one in Gävle 2003, did she not this year to the other dukedom
During autumn 2004, Princess Madeleine made her second official visit to her duchy, this time to Hälsingland. She visited a number of farms of culture historic interest and presented the European cultural heritage prize Europa Nostra to one of them.

In the autumn 2005, The Princess took part in a historical building seminar in Gävle and visited the “Folk Art" exhibition at the Hälsingland Museum and also presented the "Gold Rider" prize in Hudiksvall.

Princess Madeleine. September 2005:
http://img423.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ovince62mp.jpg
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...3&d=1126296260
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1126367043
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1126367043
Old 09-20-2006, 07:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandra1
i can't see this pic. can you post it again? please.

the pic from kiev is beautiful. she is a very natural beauty.
Sandra1, here is the picture from a visit to Hälsingland in September 2005 (credits: yahoo).
And yes, the pics from Kiev are indeed very beautiful. I just wish there were more of them... Let's hope that Princess Madeleine and Prince Carl Philip will attend at the opening of Parlament on 3rd of October

PS: The whole (1 h) review of the Royal year 2005 (Året med kungafamiljen) is online through svt.se. No password is required. Among other things you will be able to see Princess Madeleine in Hälsingland and the exhibition about princesses at the royal palace in Stockholm. In order to open/watch this 1 hour video go to the www.google.com and type: Kungafamiljen berättar om året som gått