The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Time to close...

This thread has come to its 10 pages now, so it's time to start up a new one. A big thanks to everyone who has participated in this one, I hope to see you all over in the next one!

The new thread, Princess Madeleine - Current Events Part 11 can be found here.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Madeleine - Current Events Part 11 (June 2005 - January 2007)

Welcome to part 11 of the threads devoted to the current events of Her Royal Highness Princess Madeleine of Sweden, the Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland!

Please remember to observe our TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines.

The old thread can be found here.

Happy posting!

Old 06-20-2006, 01:27 PM
Commoner

Well, princess madeleine is already 24, we must congratulate her. It is true that she is young and we understand that all young people like visiting interesting places (like New York) and having fun with friends, being with the boyfriend/girlfriend but it seems like those are the (almost) only things that princess madeleine does. Her going to unicef, in my opinion was just an excuse for her to go with her friends and boyfriend to new york to have a good time. I'm not saying that she's not working at the unicef but I don't think she spends much time there.She's 24, she's not a kid anymore, the official duties should be more frequent, I mean, it mustn't be that difficult to be there, if she had some more duties, it wouldn't hurt. She is not studying anymore, she probably has a lot of freetime,so, it would be the least she could do, attending those official duties.
Someone her age, unoccupied (or not very occupied, if you prefer), with the agravation she is a member of a royal family, who doesn't even show availability to attend all the official duties(and they aren't many) isn't able to provide a good image of her family and country to the rest of the world.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Shes one of The most Beautiful women in the world IMHO :)
Old 06-22-2006, 01:03 PM
Nobility

Does anyone know when her stay in the USA finishes and when she will return to Sweden?
Old 06-22-2006, 01:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydura0717
Does anyone know when her stay in the USA finishes and when she will return to Sweden?
She is suppose to come back to Sweden for the summer. The plan was to stay in NY for 6 months, but many magazines have written that she loves NY so much she wants to stay longer... but no official word on that yet
Old 06-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Aristocracy

I have the feeling that she will stay in NY,it's obvious since Jonas joined her.

There's rumours that Queen Silvia and King Karl Gustav are not for that,and there was tensions,but finally,they agreed.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:38 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Madeleine is very beautiful and elegant!She is my favourite princess!!!
Old 06-23-2006, 08:03 AM
Aristocracy

I'm searching for a High Quality Picture of Princess Madeleine during the wedding of CP Frederik and CP Mary on 14th may 2004.

can anyone help me?
Old 06-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraKhan
I have the feeling that she will stay in NY,it's obvious since Jonas joined her.

There's rumours that Queen Silvia and King Karl Gustav are not for that,and there was tensions,but finally,they agreed.
Interesting post. However would she be allowed to stay permanently in NY, afterall she is second in line to the throne. I don't see the King or Queen allowing this.

If she did stay to live there, wouldn't it create a consistitutional crises? I'm assuming that she would get a normal job etc. Would she still get money from the Swedish tax payers?

How would it work?

I have a feeling that she's still working out what to do with her life and that she isn't too keen on taking up her royal duties full time - JUST MY OPINION!!!!
Old 06-25-2006, 05:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amina
Interesting post. However would she be allowed to stay permanently in NY, afterall she is second in line to the throne. I don't see the King or Queen allowing this.

If she did stay to live there, wouldn't it create a consistitutional crises? I'm assuming that she would get a normal job etc. Would she still get money from the Swedish tax payers?

How would it work?

I have a feeling that she's still working out what to do with her life and that she isn't too keen on taking up her royal duties full time - JUST MY OPINION!!!!
Actually she's THIRD in line to the throne. Victoria is heir (1), Carl Philip is second and Madeliene, as the youngest sibling is third.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Nobility

I think NY agrees with her!
Old 06-25-2006, 08:31 PM
Royal Highness

I don't think it would cause a constitutional crisis. Didn't Victoria, who's higher up than Madeleine to the throne so I guess more "important", spend a year or two at Yale? Madeleine has only spent a few months in NYC. I doubt it would cause any real harm for her to spend a little bit more time there. I think she knows that Sweden is her home and sooner or later she's going to have to take on more responsibilities. Right now I just think she's trying to enjoy her young adulthood with friends and her boyfriend.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:50 PM
Aristocracy

Many members of Europeon Royal Famillies spend years abroad. Every Prince of Jordan has, including the current King. The Crown Princes of Norway, Spain, Monaco, Sweden. Princes William and Harry spent a gap year away from England. Princess Madeleine and her sister are doing what is actually quite ordinary in Royal circles.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Gentry

New York is a great place for a princess to hide. She must be having a lot of fun.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Aristocracy

New York is a very international city, very cosmopollitan, and a great place to meet people. I am sure that Princess Madeleine is developing her social network. Princess Madeleine is absolutely beautiful and extremely fashionable. I wish her well.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:54 PM
Serene Highness

I was just in NYC for the weekend. Totally forgot about Madde being there, not like I'd see her but if I did
Old 06-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters
Actually she's THIRD in line to the throne. Victoria is heir (1), Carl Philip is second and Madeliene, as the youngest sibling is third.
Okay thanx for the info because i was always under the impression that she was older than Carl for some reason!!!!!
Old 06-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Aristocracy

If she stays now in NY,it doesn't mean that whe won't back to Swden in Future,her parents are still young and healthy,and as Britters said,she's only 3d in line of succession to the throne,and soon,CP. Victroria's children and so Carl Philip's will be more favourited for the succession.

I also think that staying a bit abroad,is an asset for her career.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraKhan
If she stays now in NY,it doesn't mean that whe won't back to Swden in Future,her parents are still young and healthy,and as Britters said,she's only 3d in line of succession to the throne,and soon,CP. Victroria's children and so Carl Philip's will be more favourited for the succession.

I also think that staying a bit abroad,is an asset for her career.
I agree with you. My original comments were because i assumed she was second in line and YES being in NY is gr8t for her. She must be having SO much fun!!!!! I wonder if she will expand her work with Unicef? once she goes back to Sweden? I would love to see her do that, maybe become a goodwill ambassodor or work behind the scenes.