The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Commoner

Make up

Madeleine looks great on that cover...if she's wearing make up and probably she is, it's done really well...it looks so natural...

Old 03-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Courtier

well she looks like a puppet

Old 03-05-2006, 10:06 AM
Courtier

What do you mean by Princess Madeleine looks like a "puppet"?
Old 03-09-2006, 10:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer2002de
well she looks like a puppet
You're joking, right?
Old 03-09-2006, 11:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
Well that is my fantasy, William and Madeliene marrying... :)
Or the next best thing would be Harry and Madeline-we all know Harry has a bit of a pechant for blondes. Now that would be hot!
Old 03-10-2006, 12:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil princess lost
Or the next best thing would be Harry and Madeline-we all know Harry has a bit of a pechant for blondes. Now that would be hot!
That would be fun but which royal household would they belong to? Right now, they're both third in line to separate thrones. I know usually a woman takes on her husband's name and all that but aren't they on level ground in this situation?

I think it's funny that when news is quiet on the Madeleine front (has been for a week or two....have the photographers already gotten lazy in NYC?) that we on TRF make up love matches that will probably never happen.:p
Old 03-10-2006, 07:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
That would be fun but which royal household would they belong to? Right now, they're both third in line to separate thrones. I know usually a woman takes on her husband's name and all that but aren't they on level ground in this situation?

I think it's funny that when news is quiet on the Madeleine front (has been for a week or two....have the photographers already gotten lazy in NYC?) that we on TRF make up love matches that will probably never happen.:p
From the Swedish act of succession:

Art. 5. A prince or princess of the Royal House may not marry unless the Government has given its consent thereto upon an application from The King. Should a prince or princess marry without such consent, that prince or princess forfeits the right of succession for himself, his children and their descendants.

Art. 8. A prince or princess of the Swedish Royal House may not become the sovereign ruler of a foreign state whether by election, succession, or marriage without the consent of The King and the Riksdag. Should this occur, neither he nor she nor their descendants shall be entitled to succeed to the throne of Sweden.

I read that as meaning that if the princess Madeleine marries prince Harry, it depends on the Swedish king and government to consent to it. Then princess Madeleines children would count in the Swedish line of succession as long as prince Harry does not become king himself. But there is another stipulation:

Art. 4. In accordance with the express provision of Article 2 of the Instrument of Government of 1809 that The King shall always profess the pure evangelical faith, as adopted and explained in the unaltered Confession of Augsburg and in the Resolution of the Uppsala Meeting of the year 1593, princes and princesses of the Royal House shall be brought up in that same faith and within the Realm. Any member of the Royal Family not professing this faith shall be excluded from all rights of succession.

So Madeleine and Harry need to bring up their children in the Swedish lutheran church and within Sweden. I guess it means if Madeleine moves to London with Harry their children will loose their rights in Sweden.

Hmmm... maybe they could declare their residence as "annex to the Swedish embassy", thus making it part of the Swedish realm <lol>.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Nobility

See that would just give me a headache if i were her and would have married harry.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:27 AM
Courtier

what do you think about madeleine and andrea of monaco. that would be great too. as for william and madeleine.. i think he's so inlove with kate to notice princess madeleine..:p
Old 03-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Royal Highness

I think Andrea's too involved with Tatiana to notice Madeleine. And Madeleine's too in love with Jonas to care.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I know there's not much news on Princess Madeleine at the moment, mostly because she's in the Big Apple (NYC) working - but I think we should wrap up the matchmaking discussions for now and move on (this is, after all, a current events thread).

Thanks everyone!

//GrandDuchess, as Super Moderator for the Swedish forums.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Nobility

Vote for Madeleine in Hello Poll

She's leading the most elegant category for now:

http://www.hellomagazine.com/vote/mo...man/index.html
Old 06-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

According to this article Madeleine has written the preface to the book "Solliden – ett hundra år av kungligt sommarliv". Its about Sollidens 100 jubilee...

I havent seen the book in the stores yet, but I´ll keep my eyes open :)
Old 06-05-2006, 02:14 AM
Royal Highness

In honor of HRH Princess Madeleine's 24th birthday (less then a week away), I found some photos of significant importance in her life:

Princess Madeleine graduates high school (From Expressen): http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1104263796

Princess Madeleine's 18th birthday (From aftonbladet): http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2&d=1071756333

Princess Madeleine's first Nobel, 2000 (From Corbis): http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...5&d=1098670145
^the first time she wore a tiara!

Princess Madeleine's first state visit (Germany) From IBL: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1053500559

Princess Madeleine arrives in New York City for a UNICEF internship (From Expressen, Sven Lindwall): http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1138446403

*I found photos of Madeleine's christening and confirmation but did not know their sources so was unable to post them. If anybody has photos of these events with credit, please post!
Old 06-05-2006, 05:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks socal girl! Nice ones :)

I think the reason why Madeleine hasn´t done more official duties is the fact that she has been a student up until this spring. That is infact a fulltime job and she is quite young to...

But I hope she will do more official things, like she did a couple of weeks ago in NY, so we will see her more. Even if I love Victoria, Madeleine is more princess-material imo :)
Old 06-09-2006, 06:45 AM
Heir Apparent

I'am wondering where are they going to spend their hollidays this year! Hope to see good pictures of them
Old 06-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
I'am wondering where are they going to spend their hollidays this year! Hope to see good pictures of them
I´m sure they are going both to Öland, Solliden and St Tropez
Old 06-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Nobility

has this picture been posted before...SOURCE: PRB
Old 06-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Aristocracy

Since this is Maddie's 24th bday I have a question. Will she start to take part in more activities as her sister continues to expand her duties as well. Or do you think that she is going to work or do something else? The Swedish royal kids are not youngsters anymore. Any thoughts of when each will be allowed to marry? It seems like all the kids are in long term committed relationships. Just curious. What do you think?

Linda 85
Old 06-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda85
Since this is Maddie's 24th bday I have a question. Will she start to take part in more activities as her sister continues to expand her duties as well. Or do you think that she is going to work or do something else? The Swedish royal kids are not youngsters anymore. Any thoughts of when each will be allowed to marry? It seems like all the kids are in long term committed relationships. Just curious. What do you think?

Linda 85
Someone said something about the King not wanting his children to marry until the age of 25. It does seem like they all may as well BE married though, since they've all been dating their significant others for so long. I still say though, they need to exercise some caution here, as they all come with scads of money and title. Anyone they date won't want to lose them. They'll try to MAKE things work even if they don't, and the royals may be none-the-wiser.