Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 5: January 2006 - January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there's not much news on Princess Madeleine at the moment, mostly because she's in the Big Apple (NYC) working - but I think we should wrap up the matchmaking discussions for now and move on (this is, after all, a current events thread).

Thanks everyone!

//GrandDuchess, as Super Moderator for the Swedish forums.

According to this article Madeleine has written the preface to the book "Solliden – ett hundra år av kungligt sommarliv". Its about Sollidens 100 jubilee...

I havent seen the book in the stores yet, but I´ll keep my eyes open :)

In honor of HRH Princess Madeleine's 24th birthday (less then a week away), I found some photos of significant importance in her life:

Princess Madeleine graduates high school (From Expressen): http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72286&d=1104263796

Princess Madeleine's 18th birthday (From aftonbladet): http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31692&d=1071756333

Princess Madeleine's first Nobel, 2000 (From Corbis): http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50595&d=1098670145
^the first time she wore a tiara!

Princess Madeleine's first state visit (Germany) From IBL: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6566&d=1053500559

Princess Madeleine arrives in New York City for a UNICEF internship (From Expressen, Sven Lindwall): http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=225556&d=1138446403

*I found photos of Madeleine's christening and confirmation but did not know their sources so was unable to post them. If anybody has photos of these events with credit, please post!

Last edited:
Thanks socal girl! Nice ones :)

I think the reason why Madeleine hasn´t done more official duties is the fact that she has been a student up until this spring. That is infact a fulltime job and she is quite young to...

But I hope she will do more official things, like she did a couple of weeks ago in NY, so we will see her more. Even if I love Victoria, Madeleine is more princess-material imo :)

I'am wondering where are they going to spend their hollidays this year! Hope to see good pictures of them

biboquinhas said:
I'am wondering where are they going to spend their hollidays this year! Hope to see good pictures of them
I´m sure they are going both to Öland, Solliden and St Tropez

has this picture been posted before...SOURCE: PRB

Last edited by a moderator:
Since this is Maddie's 24th bday I have a question. Will she start to take part in more activities as her sister continues to expand her duties as well. Or do you think that she is going to work or do something else? The Swedish royal kids are not youngsters anymore. Any thoughts of when each will be allowed to marry? It seems like all the kids are in long term committed relationships. Just curious. What do you think?

Linda 85

linda85 said:
Since this is Maddie's 24th bday I have a question. Will she start to take part in more activities as her sister continues to expand her duties as well. Or do you think that she is going to work or do something else? The Swedish royal kids are not youngsters anymore. Any thoughts of when each will be allowed to marry? It seems like all the kids are in long term committed relationships. Just curious. What do you think?

Linda 85

Someone said something about the King not wanting his children to marry until the age of 25. It does seem like they all may as well BE married though, since they've all been dating their significant others for so long. I still say though, they need to exercise some caution here, as they all come with scads of money and title. Anyone they date won't want to lose them. They'll try to MAKE things work even if they don't, and the royals may be none-the-wiser.

Time to close...

This thread has come to its 10 pages now, so it's time to start up a new one. A big thanks to everyone who has participated in this one, I hope to see you all over in the next one!

The new thread, Princess Madeleine - Current Events Part 11 can be found here.

Last edited:
Princess Madeleine - Current Events Part 11 (June 2005 - January 2007)

Welcome to part 11 of the threads devoted to the current events of Her Royal Highness Princess Madeleine of Sweden, the Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland!

Please remember to observe our TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines.

The old thread can be found here.

Happy posting!

Well, princess madeleine is already 24, we must congratulate her. It is true that she is young and we understand that all young people like visiting interesting places (like New York) and having fun with friends, being with the boyfriend/girlfriend but it seems like those are the (almost) only things that princess madeleine does. Her going to unicef, in my opinion was just an excuse for her to go with her friends and boyfriend to new york to have a good time. I'm not saying that she's not working at the unicef but I don't think she spends much time there.She's 24, she's not a kid anymore, the official duties should be more frequent, I mean, it mustn't be that difficult to be there, if she had some more duties, it wouldn't hurt. She is not studying anymore, she probably has a lot of freetime,so, it would be the least she could do, attending those official duties.
Someone her age, unoccupied (or not very occupied, if you prefer), with the agravation she is a member of a royal family, who doesn't even show availability to attend all the official duties(and they aren't many) isn't able to provide a good image of her family and country to the rest of the world.

Shes one of The most Beautiful women in the world IMHO :)

Does anyone know when her stay in the USA finishes and when she will return to Sweden?

kaydura0717 said:
Does anyone know when her stay in the USA finishes and when she will return to Sweden?
She is suppose to come back to Sweden for the summer. The plan was to stay in NY for 6 months, but many magazines have written that she loves NY so much she wants to stay longer... but no official word on that yet

I have the feeling that she will stay in NY,it's obvious since Jonas joined her.

There's rumours that Queen Silvia and King Karl Gustav are not for that,and there was tensions,but finally,they agreed.

Princess Madeleine is very beautiful and elegant!She is my favourite princess!!!

I'm searching for a High Quality Picture of Princess Madeleine during the wedding of CP Frederik and CP Mary on 14th may 2004.

can anyone help me?

TamaraKhan said:
I have the feeling that she will stay in NY,it's obvious since Jonas joined her.

There's rumours that Queen Silvia and King Karl Gustav are not for that,and there was tensions,but finally,they agreed.

Interesting post. However would she be allowed to stay permanently in NY, afterall she is second in line to the throne. I don't see the King or Queen allowing this.

If she did stay to live there, wouldn't it create a consistitutional crises? I'm assuming that she would get a normal job etc. Would she still get money from the Swedish tax payers?

How would it work?

I have a feeling that she's still working out what to do with her life and that she isn't too keen on taking up her royal duties full time - JUST MY OPINION!!!!

Amina said:
Interesting post. However would she be allowed to stay permanently in NY, afterall she is second in line to the throne. I don't see the King or Queen allowing this.

If she did stay to live there, wouldn't it create a consistitutional crises? I'm assuming that she would get a normal job etc. Would she still get money from the Swedish tax payers?

How would it work?

I have a feeling that she's still working out what to do with her life and that she isn't too keen on taking up her royal duties full time - JUST MY OPINION!!!!

Actually she's THIRD in line to the throne. Victoria is heir (1), Carl Philip is second and Madeliene, as the youngest sibling is third.

I don't think it would cause a constitutional crisis. Didn't Victoria, who's higher up than Madeleine to the throne so I guess more "important", spend a year or two at Yale? Madeleine has only spent a few months in NYC. I doubt it would cause any real harm for her to spend a little bit more time there. I think she knows that Sweden is her home and sooner or later she's going to have to take on more responsibilities. Right now I just think she's trying to enjoy her young adulthood with friends and her boyfriend.

Many members of Europeon Royal Famillies spend years abroad. Every Prince of Jordan has, including the current King. The Crown Princes of Norway, Spain, Monaco, Sweden. Princes William and Harry spent a gap year away from England. Princess Madeleine and her sister are doing what is actually quite ordinary in Royal circles.

New York is a very international city, very cosmopollitan, and a great place to meet people. I am sure that Princess Madeleine is developing her social network. Princess Madeleine is absolutely beautiful and extremely fashionable. I wish her well.

I was just in NYC for the weekend. Totally forgot about Madde being there, not like I'd see her but if I did :eek:

Britters said:
Actually she's THIRD in line to the throne. Victoria is heir (1), Carl Philip is second and Madeliene, as the youngest sibling is third.

Okay thanx for the info because i was always under the impression that she was older than Carl for some reason!!!!!

Last edited:
If she stays now in NY,it doesn't mean that whe won't back to Swden in Future,her parents are still young and healthy,and as Britters said,she's only 3d in line of succession to the throne,and soon,CP. Victroria's children and so Carl Philip's will be more favourited for the succession.

I also think that staying a bit abroad,is an asset for her career.

TamaraKhan said:
If she stays now in NY,it doesn't mean that whe won't back to Swden in Future,her parents are still young and healthy,and as Britters said,she's only 3d in line of succession to the throne,and soon,CP. Victroria's children and so Carl Philip's will be more favourited for the succession.

I also think that staying a bit abroad,is an asset for her career.

I agree with you. My original comments were because i assumed she was second in line and YES being in NY is gr8t for her. She must be having SO much fun!!!!! I wonder if she will expand her work with Unicef? once she goes back to Sweden? I would love to see her do that, maybe become a goodwill ambassodor or work behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom