The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 04:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 4: June 2005 - January 2006

From Lena: Here you can share the latest news & pictures on princess Madeleine of Sweden. To read in the old thread go to:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...161#post232161
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Madeleine (and Jonas) celebrated midsummer at the home of Lussan, in Lagnöviken outside the town of Trosa on the east coast.

She and her friends celebrated traditionally and sang songs like "Helan går" and "Tänk om jag hade lilla nubben på ett snöre i halsen". Later on, disco music took over and they danced all night long.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...664501,00.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	madde200.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	163116  

Old 06-25-2005, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
Madeleine (and Jonas) celebrated midsummer at the home of Lussan, in Lagnöviken outside the town of Trosa on the east coast.

She and her friends celebrated traditionally and sang songs like "Helan går" and "Tänk om jag hade lilla nubben på ett snöre i halsen". Later on, disco music took over and they danced all night long.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...664501,00.html
Thank you, Yennie. Finally Expressobladet cares for the Royals at midsummer. Though the RF probably would prefer to be left alone.
I don´t get the title of this song. nubben=booze and snöre=string. But that all together. All I get is, that one probably has to be a little bit drunk to sing such songs (when I was young and the times wild, I sang the most stupid songs under certain "conditions" ) but according to your report, they alreaday started in the early evening

Old 06-25-2005, 05:05 PM
Courtier

Exclamation

I have seen one of those bodyguards before.

Nice photograph Yennie, I like Princess Madeleine's shirt and top.

At least we know Lussan is still around!

Do anyone know what Lussan is studying at University now?

I meant skirt and top!
Old 06-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

In the photos of Madeleine at Gucci from last week, doesn´t the persons with her look alot like Andrea Brodin and Niclas Engsäll?
Just a theory :)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=162682
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=162681
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	andreaniclas.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	163560  
Old 06-26-2005, 08:41 PM
Serene Highness

That outfit makes her look big, and I don't think she is. Weird.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
That outfit makes her look big, and I don't think she is. Weird.
I agree here...must be the fabric. I´m also not sure, if ppl still wear such big belts. But I´m not a fashion-guru...so maybe the fashionistas (e.g. Larzen) know more.
I also don´t like the shirt too much...but it was midsummer, a private thing, so she actually could even jump around in plain white oversized cotton shirts and no one could/should criticise her for that.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Nobility

I like it. It's very summery!
Old 06-27-2005, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Big belts and skirts like that are in style this summer. I think Madeleine is very "fashionaware" and wouldn´t wear things that are "out"...

but I agree, the belt makes her look bigger than she normaly does
Old 06-27-2005, 04:08 PM
Commoner

I think that this outfit is cute, but the belt is too bold for the outfit. It really draws attention to that part of the body and knowing most women, that's one area where one would not want to draw attention too! Usually, those bigger belts are more suited for people who have wider hips. It also works better with darker bottoms, such as jeans.

Cute outfit though! Is midsummer a big event in Sweden?
Old 06-27-2005, 05:16 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwian
Cute outfit though! Is midsummer a big event in Sweden?
It is the biggest event of the Swedish calendar. People have a lot of fun and it is considered the official start to the Swedish summer which, alas, is much too short. Here is a nice little page about the day and what it means to Swedes and other Northerners.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Commoner

Thank you so much for the information Dennism! Here, we are just informed that that day is a summer soltice and the information usually comes from weather forcasts. Good to know the history!
Old 06-27-2005, 11:28 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Yes, the summer solstice. You´re welcome.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:23 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks Dennism for the info.
I had always wondered what midsummers was & now I know!

I like her outfit. It makes her look nice and shapely just like a woman should look!
Old 06-28-2005, 04:16 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Thank you, Yennie. Finally Expressobladet cares for the Royals at midsummer. Though the RF probably would prefer to be left alone.
I don´t get the title of this song. nubben=booze and snöre=string. But that all together. All I get is, that one probably has to be a little bit drunk to sing such songs (when I was young and the times wild, I sang the most stupid songs under certain "conditions" ) but according to your report, they alreaday started in the early evening
Nubbe should be translated as a small glass of booze, like a tequila shot. The whole song translates into:

"Imagine if I had a small glass of booze on a string around my neck. If I did, I would pull the string up and down so it would feel like I had more than one small glass of booze."

Then you repeat the different sentences over and over again in a funny melody. It is one of my favourite nubbe-songs! In Swedish it sounds A LOT better than in the translation.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:28 AM
Aristocracy

I was reading in another thread on the Swedish RF, about their cars, that Madeleine now has increased personal secuirty... did I miss something interesting? Was there a reason why her security was tightend?

Thanks
Old 06-28-2005, 05:15 AM
Commoner

That outfit definitly makes her look fatter ad te belt doesn't help.The top is acceptable but the skirt...
Old 06-28-2005, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissan
Nubbe should be translated as a small glass of booze, like a tequila shot.
Or snaps, English speaker generally know this word.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissan
Nubbe should be translated as a small glass of booze, like a tequila shot. The whole song translates into:

"Imagine if I had a small glass of booze on a string around my neck. If I did, I would pull the string up and down so it would feel like I had more than one small glass of booze."

Then you repeat the different sentences over and over again in a funny melody. It is one of my favourite nubbe-songs! In Swedish it sounds A LOT better than in the translation.
Thank you for the translation, Cissan. I´ve now a hard time to imagine, in which way this string around the neck should help
But nice to see, that Madeleine is following some traditions around midsummer (and isn´t "escaped" )
Old 06-30-2005, 12:30 AM
Royal Highness

Just a question...I know if Madeleine married Jonas or anyone for that matter he would not receive a title. I'm pretty sure Madeleine's kids would not receive a title either. But would Madeleine's kids be "higher up" on the social ladder than commoners? I know in Britain Peter and Zara Phillips are "higher up" for lack of a better term. Thanks for answering!
Old 06-30-2005, 05:11 AM
Aristocracy

I think Madeleine's husband and kids would have titles, her husband a Duke and the kids maybe H.H Prince whoever, till they are old enough then maybe a duchy title or count/ness or Baron/ness... She is the Kings's daughter, just like the King of Spain's daughter's their husbands have titles too Dukes, most prob the kids will get something in the future and look at the English Royal kids they have tittles even the babies do, Princess Anne and Captain Mark Phillp elected for their kids not to have titles that why...