Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 4: June 2005 - January 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bodyguards

Yes I meant she was not allowed to drive for safety reasons! She still has her bodyguards (armed).

Yennie said:
In Britain the royal family is upset because of Victoria Beckhams jeans brand "Rock and Republic". They dont like that the royal crown is beeing used on the back of the jeans...

and guess who wears one of the pairs: yes, princess Madeleine :) Yesterday she was seen around Stockholm wearing those jeans. After a long day at the university she headed for the city and was seen shopping, having lunch and getting a haircut.
She has bought hers n a shop in Stockholm for 2000 sek
ACJ says to Expressen:
- Its a pity if the queen is upset, but its a question of trademark that they have to make an agreement about home in Britain.
http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=447007

OH... it's a pity we don't get more pics of madeleine with those jeans. i always like how victoria dresses :) (although that fashion opinion is indirectly proportional to what i think of her) :)
it's quite strange that she uses those jeans, not only because of the queen's anger because they have a crown but because of the name of the brand "rock and republic", when she is a princess... :confused:

Yeah, I guess she thinks maybe its kinda funny her, as a princess, sporting those "crowns" but I just think its tacky that they're on her rear.

a shirt or scarf with crowns (even if the label is called "Rock and Republic") would be a little more tasteful.

While the jeans maybe tacky, I don't think it's quite fair to "restrict" Madeleine of what she can wear. I know there a lot of jean companies out there and for her to choose this one is somewhat ironic, but maybe she finds them comfortable? Besides, it's not like anything can be done to Madeleine for wearing a simple piece of clothing. I personally wouldn't mind a pair myself but then again I'm not royalty. :D

The story continues :)
as we talked about before
In Britain the royal family is upset because of Victoria Beckhams jeans brand "Rock and Republic". They dont like that the royal crown is beeing used on the back of the jeans...

and guess who wears one of the pairs: yes, princess Madeleine :) Yesterday she was seen around Stockholm wearing those jeans. After a long day at the university she headed for the city and was seen shopping, having lunch and getting a haircut.
She has bought hers n a shop in Stockholm for 2000 sek
ACJ says to Expressen:
- Its a pity if the queen is upset, but its a question of trademark that they have to make an agreement about home in Britain.
http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=447007
http://www.brunopress.nl/fotoweb/GridNormal.fwx
there´s many more photos from the day when Madeleine was out shopping wearing the "crown jeans"

If the page isnt showing photos of Madeleine, just search for "Madeleine" and they´ll show up!

in case they´ll be taken away from the site I´ll post some of them here

Attachments

• Madde.jpg
    Madde.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 3,459
  • (F) Madde-20.jpg
    (F) Madde-20.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 3,330
  • (F) Madde-19.jpg
    (F) Madde-19.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 3,437
  • (F) Madde-9.jpg
    (F) Madde-9.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 3,555
  • (F) Madde-8.jpg
    (F) Madde-8.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 5,268
Last edited:
Of course Madeleine is carrying a Gucci bag.:D Who is that with her? It kind of looks like Louise but I'm not sure....

soCal girl said:
Of course Madeleine is carrying a Gucci bag.:D Who is that with her? It kind of looks like Louise but I'm not sure....
Yes you´re right. The girl with Madeleine is Louise Gottlieb

The Rock and Republic jeans are getting a lot of buzz here in the states. A lot of the fashion mags here are saying they make your butt look great and have a really good fit. I have a feeling that they will become the next 7's or Citizen's jeans (7 for All Mankind and Citizen's of Humanity are really popular brands here, they're expensive but look really good on!). I really doubt Madeleine was wearing them because of the crowns on the back, but because they're the new "in jeans" of the moment since she's really into fashion. And yes, I'll admit, I'm looking into getting pair for myself! :)

who is louise gottlieb? is she a friend of madeleine from school or uni maybe?

carlota said:
who is louise gottlieb? is she a friend of madeleine from school or uni maybe?
Louise Gottlieb is Madeleines best friend and they have known eachother since their early teenage years.
The went to school together, was confirmed togehter and later went on to university together. And in 2001 they studied in London together...
they do most things together :)

It really is a shame that Madeleine is so busy with University. Of course getting an education is very important but I would love to see Madeleine take on more official duties. She is young and no doubt will have many more especially when Victoria inherits the throne, but there really is no news about her right now. Shopping with Rock 'n Republic jeans on is not real news to me. She also seems wonderful with children like Victoria. I know she is patron of "My Big Day" in Sweden but is she patron of any other organization? I hope when she gets out of University, she will start supporting several organizations like crazy, there is so much good a person can do with that much influence and publicity.

a big photo from her outing with friends (from nettavisen)

Attachments

• Prinsesse_Madeleine_214887g.jpg
    Prinsesse_Madeleine_214887g.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 593
Any new news on Madeleine? I believe in an education but we never get a lot of news/pictures when she's at University. It also seems to slow down a lot more becaue Jonas is in London :(. Hopefully, she'll come to Nobel this year...in a new dress perhaps?

lilou said:
what royal duty ?
she will attend a morning service at St:a Clara church in Stockholm

from the calendar:

Sunday 27/11

> H.M The Queen, H.R.H Princess Madeleine
Presence at the morning service in the Saint Clara Church in combination with informations on the work of the local parish
Stockholm

Last edited:
Madeleine looks very pretty during her recent official duty. She's letting her hair grow out...hopefully she won't get into the ponytail obsession like her sisiter:eek: . Just kidding, Madeleine seems to like her hair down while Victoria likes her's in a ponytail:cool: . Is her next official duty just Nobel?

The Queen looks so adorable, Madeleine looks gorgeous I love her hair:D

a new article from nettavisen with delightful Madeleine's photo gallery on the bottom :

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/kongelig/article503073.ece

There will be a council meeting of Europa Nostra at Forum in Brussels from 6 to 7 December (according to Prince Henrik of Denmark's schedule).

Will Princess Madeleine attend? as i recall, she was appointed as Patron back in June.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunday 11/12

> T.M. The King & Queen, H.R.H. The Crown Princess, H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip, H.R.H. Princess Lilian, Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson
H.M. The King’s Dinner for the Nobel Laureates
The Royal Palace of Stockholm

Does Madeleine never attend this dinner?

soCal girl said:
Sunday 11/12

> T.M. The King & Queen, H.R.H. The Crown Princess, H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip, H.R.H. Princess Lilian, Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson
H.M. The King’s Dinner for the Nobel Laureates
The Royal Palace of Stockholm

Does Madeleine never attend this dinner?
She has attended the King's dinner for the Nobel Laureates in previous years, but this year she won't attend. My guess is that it's because of her studies, she might have an exam or something important which makes it important for her not to stay up too late the day before, and perhaps study a bit before Monday.

I really enjoyed the pictures of her at the Saint Clara Church. I wish she was going to the dinner. We rarely get new pictures of her these days. :( But you are right, her studies are more important.

I think she simply doesn´t want to go or thinks, that it´s enough to attend the Award ceremony and gala on Saturday.
I know about two modes at universities. Either you register for a test/finishing a paper on short nice (so let´s see 3 weeks before). Then one, who would want to go to the second dinner, would avoid things around this date.
Or dates are given out in advance (beginning of the term etc.). This year the dinner is on Sunday, so in the second case she could have finished things before (e.g. test on Monday, having finished on Sunday afternoon...in fact it´s even best to do fun things on the day before an exam)
Maybe some cruel universities make "surprise test" and announce them 2 days before, but then Madeleine would not know, since these dinners are planned a long time in advance.

But it´is of course nice, that some expect the very best. The world doesn´t need more negative Lenas :D

Oh, of course it could be, that she has an other important appointment on Sunday (e.g. long planned birthday of a friend etc.)

This past Tuesday, 17 January, Princess Madeleine was out shopping at the sales in the shopping streets of the posh Stockholm part Östermalm. She spent three hours going around to different stores, with two big Säpo guards following her closely behind. Among the stores Madeleine visited were Byus, Rizzo, Zadig & Voltaire and Tessie.

According to the Expressen article, Princess Madeleine at one point of her shopping spree thought out loud as she wondered “I wonder if DonDonna has anything new”.

After the heavy shopping, the Princess rested at Östermalmshallen (market hall).

http://expressen.se/index.jsp?a=507999

Picture by Stefan Söderström via Expressen.

Attachments

• Madeleine reashopping 17 jan 2006 (Stefan Söderström, Expressen).jpg
    Madeleine reashopping 17 jan 2006 (Stefan Söderström, Expressen).jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 3,378
De La Cruza said:
Doe anyone know how tall Madeleine is ?

I believe I once read (somewhere on our Forum) that Madeleine is 1.70 cm, which is 5 ft. 7 for our Anglo-members. Pretty decent height, although not that tall for a swede!

princess olga said:
I believe I once read (somewhere on our Forum) that Madeleine is 1.70 cm, which is 5 ft. 7 for our Anglo-members. Pretty decent height, although not that tall for a swede!

In Canada, the average female is 5''4...so Princess Madeleine would be considered tall. Not sure what the average height for females in sweden is, since you said Princess Madeleine is not considered tall.

Thanks Princess Olga for that, and I'am Anglo!!
I'm Spaniard European, Italian I'm not Mexican!! which is mixed race not white, cause they're redbrown race with just a touch of white race not me! I'm not trying to soound racist either cause I'am very against that!!! But I don't trying to sound mean to you, my apologies if i do Princess Olga this message is strictly for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom