The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 05:50 AM

Maddes height

Thank you for answering.
I have asked a Swedish friend.
He had read in a newspaper that she is 172 cm.
At fotos she looks very tall.
Has anyone else information?
Thank you.

Old 08-28-2005, 06:17 AM
Commoner

Hello, have anyone pictures of Louise "Lussan" Gottlieb and Princess Madeleine when they are together?

Old 08-28-2005, 06:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by supriya
Hello, have anyone pictures of Louise "Lussan" Gottlieb and Princess Madeleine when they are together?
There are many photos of the two of them together. But no new ones, so If you ask in the photo thread instead, I (and others!) can help you
Old 08-28-2005, 06:53 AM
Courtier

what does right hemispheric mean?
Old 08-28-2005, 07:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd_1
what does right hemispheric mean?
Hemispheric refers to half a sphere -- in this case, it means right or left side of the brain. Roughly,the right half controls more rule-oriented aspects of thinking, while the left half controls more abstract and creative aspects of thinking. Löf sometimes acts like he has NO brain at all!

David
Old 08-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Nobility

You are a smart cookie.

Old 08-30-2005, 04:23 AM
Majesty

are there any info of new friends to madeleine or is it the same old she hangs with
Old 08-30-2005, 06:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
are there any info of new friends to madeleine or is it the same old she hangs with
Perhaps we could start a "Friends" thread. That way it would be easier, especially for new members, to know who "Lussan" and others are... Perhaps with the info we have on them and some photos?
Old 09-02-2005, 08:25 PM
Commoner

apparently madeleine has been hanging out at all the hollywood hotspots

taken from newyorksocialdiary.com:

Quote:
Princess Madeleine, the 23-year-old daughter of Sweden’s King Carl Gustaf XVI and Queen Silvia, was recently in Hollywood visiting some Swedish friends and we’re told did some major shopping on Rodeo Drive and at Neiman Marcus where she bought some Oscar de la Renta sweaters and dresses and at Hermes where she picked up some blets and bags, and at Chanel where she purchased some evening wear.

The princess has dabbled in design, fashion and advertising and it is not surprising she used her trip to check out our wonderful Beverly Hills fashion emporia. Swedish and European women, especially those in their 20s, take their fashion cues from Princess Madeleine and he sister, the 28-year-old Princess Victoria.

Her Swedish hosts reportedly took her to Disneyland and to some of Hollywood’s hot spots such as Koi, where she is said to have sat next to Paris Hilton, Kimberly Stewart and Lindsay Lohan, and ordered he restaurant’s baked crab rolls and the albacore tuna with onion. After dinner they say she checked out the Tropicana Bar, the Hollywood Roosevelt hot spot that she somehow managed to hear about in Stockholm; she was anxious to see what all the fuss was about. We were unable to get her reaction to the XXXX-designed nightspot.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

interesting! It must be recent. Both because of thje age (23) and her break from early june until this past monday.
Quote:
the Hollywood Roosevelt hot spot that she somehow managed to hear about in Stockholm
somehow managed to hear about? Hello, ever heard about magazines, tv and internet?
We do have that in Sweden
Old 09-06-2005, 05:01 AM
Heir Apparent

This autumn Princess Madeleine will continue with history studies at Stockholm University, and aims at taking a filosofie kandidat degree (in the US this would be like a Bachelor in Arts, BA) according to Ann-Christina Jernberg (who Expressen refers to now as the “press director” , which would mean the title as Director of the Press and Information Office that ETW used to hold)

Her degree will be like this (according to Expressen):
Art science, 80 points
Ethnology, 40 points
Law, 10 points
History, 20 points

(one can take this degree when one has at least 120 points at a university or college, 60 of them has to be in one subject)

The article (in Swedish) can be found here.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:06 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it´s a pity, that Madeleine hasn´t followed JUST one subject. E.g. science of art. It´s never bad to get insight into other subjects, but I´m always impressed by Royals, who have an complete education (e.g. like her brother Carl Philip or princess Märtha Louise) in one field. Now Madeleine has in a way an education for helping her sister. But I don´t think a "Madeleine Svensson" would have good chances to get a job e.g. in a gallery with that "mix".
I think it would be great, when Madeleine would stay in Sweden and would help her sister. Then Victoria would have more time for her family, but I´m though still more impressed, when Royals firstly study something for earning a living and when they then later support their sibling(s)...
Old 09-06-2005, 10:00 AM
Courtier

Anyway I think Madleine always would get a job at a museum even if she just gets employed at a royal museum. And as she does not need the money....
Old 09-06-2005, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer2002de
Anyway I think Madleine always would get a job at a museum even if she just gets employed at a royal museum. And as she does not need the money....
Of course...of course, you are 100% right...but THEREFORE it is, why I think, that it´s likeable, when Royals do a full education...it´s even more likeable, when they work in this job. But here the examples are rare. The examples of Royals, who choose "supporting" their siblings (which means doing 5 duties a year) and do a few investment businesses is far more spread It would be easily possible to work (at least "half-time) and to perform duties. I might be wrong, but I think the spanish infantas have followed, at least before they became mothers, this way...
Old 09-06-2005, 12:07 PM
Courtier

Translation of an Ekstrabladet article, which can be found here (in Danish).

Princess Madeleine is a 'cheap girl'

The royal Princess Madeleine is a 'cheap girl'. The royal cleavage has got an American priest to start a smear campaign against the Swedish Royal House.

Princess Madeleine's cleavage last week landed her the title of the world's sexiest princess. But not everybody cared about the royal cleavage. The American priest Fred Phelps has gone black about the Swedish Royal House, that he calls bad and vulgar. Together with a group of rabid christians, he is leading a crusade against the princess and her family in a very un-christian way.

- King Carl Gustaf is gay, and his kids is shocking and vulgar, he writes on his website that suitably is called "God hates Sweden".

That fierce animosity against the Royal Family comes from a deep detestion of the Swedish society, whom he feels is too tolerant at homosexuals. Fred Phelps has for years carried out smear campaigns against gays and lesbians in his own country. But, when a Swedish judge sentenced a pastor to prison for having spoken ill of homsexuals in a sermon, the priest got a new object to focus his hate on.

The Swedish Royal House has answered with putting their attorneys to work on Phelps. The demand is that the website will be taken off the web, says the Court's press director, Ann Christina Jernberg.

Old 09-07-2005, 12:12 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Madeleine - Current Events Part 9 (September 2005 - January 2006)

With all these pictures of Madeleine shopping at Gucci and being a full-time student, I'm just wondering where the money comes from. Obviously she is not poor but does she receive an allowance? And if so how much and from whom? Thanks :)
Old 09-07-2005, 12:42 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks for the article kirstengrafin...$2.2 million isn't bad. That bathing suit picture isn't that flattering though. Just a quick question...Does Carl Philip and Victoria get the same amount? Or does Victoria get more or less because she is the heir?
Old 09-07-2005, 06:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
With all these pictures of Madeleine shopping at Gucci and being a full-time student, I'm just wondering where the money comes from. Obviously she is not poor but does she receive an allowance? And if so how much and from whom? Thanks
My personal guess is that Princess Madeleine more or less lives out of the surplus of her capital that comes in every year, last year that was around $60 000, so she can lead a comfortable life out of that. I think all of the royal children live out of the surplus, I doubt that they touch their fortune funds. When they need more money, they can always ask daddy the King.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
Thanks for the article kirstengrafin...$2.2 million isn't bad. That bathing suit picture isn't that flattering though. Just a quick question...Does Carl Philip and Victoria get the same amount? Or does Victoria get more or less because she is the heir?
The King set them up with the same amount in a trust fund or accout for each of the royal children when they were born or young. So at this time they're worth about the same amount of money, with slight differances due to how each of their investments have turned out.

Thank you very much kirstengrafin for the article!
Old 09-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Nobility

$2.2 million is not a lot of money. Knowing her status I would consider her broke. If that's all she's got then she needs to start buying K MART clothes. I'm just saying.

Old 09-07-2005, 11:14 PM
Royal Highness

$2.2 Million isn't a lot of money if its for Madeleine's whole life. I doubt she's paying her college tuition on her own and I'm sure Dad the King and Mom the Queen have Madeleine covered on anything major. Besides when she gets married, her husband will also probably have an income...not that she should depend on him or anything. Also, does Madeleine technically pay her own bills? such as car and rent out of the surplus?

Closed Thread