The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 01:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Notice:

The pictures of Princess Madeleine & Queen Silvia have been moved over to the Family News thread, as it involves more than one member of the Royal Family. So if you find a post of your in that connection gone from this thread, you can find the moved posts in its right thread here.

GrandDuchess, as Super Moderator

Old 07-22-2005, 05:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations to Madeleine on her nameday!

To bad she dont have a celebration like Victoria has on march 12. It would be nice if she had her own "Madeleine day"!

I just read in Aftonbladet on tv, that Madeleine will be/are in St Tropez to meet friends and party. She will be in nice company of stars as Paris Hilton and... (ah, bad memory :))

Hopefully there will be an article online soon, then I´ll post it here!

Old 07-28-2005, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

No pictures yet, but hopefully soon!

Aftonbladet reports that Café Opera's (trendy place for the in-crowd in Stockholm) nightclub director arranged a big party at the club VIP Room in St Tropez last night, and Princess Madeleine was invited.

Aftonbladet's press item: http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/telegr..._852__,00.html
Old 07-29-2005, 07:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

from Aftonbladet: http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...678515,00.html

From party-queen to sun-princess
After many long party nights, Madeleine is now relaxing at the family villa in St Maxime.
Here she can regain her strengt and be herself, says a friend.
Princess Madeleine has now been in the south of France for a week.
Together with friends she has been spotted on trendy Nikki beach

photos: Madeleine on the beach outside Villa Mirage in St Maxime.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	st2.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	174225   Click image for larger version

Name:	st11.JPG
Views:	388
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	174226  
Old 07-30-2005, 05:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

More photos from her holiday in St Tropez!
from fotomarktplatz

Princess Madeleine of Sweden smiles in Saint Tropez on Thursday , 28 July 2005. Madeleine spends her holiday in her parents house in St. Maxime , Saint Tropez.
Late Thursday night , she went to Les Caves du Roy night club with a friend and her bodyguard. Tanned , relaxed and beautiful , Princess Madeleine stopped for a short while outside the nightclub before she joined Paris Hilton and Tara Reid inside.
Foto : Patrik Osterberg c dpa

Madeleine is partying - without Jonas

This is Madeleine running away from the love crisis. On her own she´s living la dolce vita in St Tropez. She is partying without her boyfriend Jonas, who was left behind at home.
- I want to be left alone here, says Madeleine.
Madeleine is glowing of happiness. The princess, beautiful tanned, smiled and posed for frilance photographer Patrik Österberg in St Tropez where she is holidaying without her boyfriend Jonas Bergström (ok, we get it. She was there without Jonas )
Lately Madeleine and Jonas has been more seperated than ever before. Rumours circulating tells that the couple, once so in-love, has had a love crisis with jealousy and rows.
Now Madeleine is living the good life with her friends in the celebrity-packed town of St Tropez. And some friends!
Apart from her closest friends, the princess shares the dancefloor with celebrites such as Paris Hilton, Justin Timberlake and Hollywood star Tara Reid. They are all hanging out at the hot spot Le Cave. At the club one can buy a 9 litres bottle of champagne for 260 000 sek.

Madeleine has been shopping in exclusive boutiques, dined at the fanciest reataurants, had drinks at Café de Paris and sunbathed at the family villa in St Maxime.
As the day of the travel home is getting closer, Madeleine is stepping up the partying and yesterday she partied with Paris Hilton, Victoria Silvstedt and Jean-Claude van Damme who showed up after midnight.

"I have some time off and and wants to be left alone" the princess, who seemd to enjoy partying without her boyfriend, said.
Then she smiled and posed exclusivly for Expressen, despite the fact the she normally is very shy infront of photographers.
That night the princess also attended a cocktail party at her friend Tom Ahldins home.

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=411888
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	200507293.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	174569   Click image for larger version

Name:	200507294.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	174570   Click image for larger version

Name:	200507295.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	174571   Click image for larger version

Name:	20050729m.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	174572  

Name:	200507hotel.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	174573  
Old 07-30-2005, 08:20 AM
Courtier

Exclamation Photographs

Thank you for posting them Yennie, Princess Madeleine is extremely tanned…..
Old 07-30-2005, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

If she continues with this extreme tanning, I fear she will "end up" like her aunt Princess Birgitta, or even worse - because Birgitta gets her "face damages" from living on Mallorca and maybe not having been careful enough...

Thanks for the pictures, Yennie!
Old 07-30-2005, 10:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree, she should take it easy with the tan. Skin like her auntie Birgitta has isn´t atractive at all...

But I understand her in a way. Its been raining in Sweden for four weeks now. If I had been in the south of france where the sun is shiníng and its hot, I probably would take any chance to soak up the sun to
Old 07-30-2005, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I understand that she wants to be in the sun as well, it's perfectly natural - but for me it's a bit stupid to tan like crazy and go to a solarium in Sweden as well... It's like asking for bad skin or even skin cancer... I hope she uses a lot of sun protection creams. She could also stay in the shadow sometimes, at least during the most "dangerous" tanning hours of the day... I'm a bit worried for our Princess!
Old 07-30-2005, 10:45 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
I understand that she wants to be in the sun as well, it's perfectly natural - but for me it's a bit stupid to tan like crazy and go to a solarium in Sweden as well... It's like asking for bad skin or even skin cancer... I hope she uses a lot of sun protection creams. She could also stay in the shadow sometimes, at least during the most "dangerous" tanning hours of the day... I'm a bit worried for our Princess!
Well said. She needs to see that her beauty will fade quickly if she continues this ridiculous tanning.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:57 PM
Aristocracy

She looks terrible in the pic with the white dress...there is good tanning and bad tanning, and Madeleine she has taken it too far. Less is more!
Old 07-30-2005, 02:04 PM
Courtier

I do not understand the obsession of the SRF, Madeleine in particular , about sun tanning . It's almost like watching a «reverse Michael Jackson syndrome», not a black man trying to be white but a white gal trying to look black. That viking beauty is too dark .
Old 07-30-2005, 05:22 PM
Courtier

Thumbs down Tan

For the last few years Princess Madeleine has been tanning in the extreme. :( Not just in the summer but in the spring and sometimes in the winter. A tan looks great on Princess Madeleine but not to the extent we have seen in the last few years.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I honestly don't get why people think it's attractive to tan to the extend they do. Okay, fake tan often looks awful, but at least you won't get cancer from it. Living in a country where skin cancer (melanoma) is one of the top killers, a large majority of the people I know have had some form of skin cancer, and they don’t even tan like crazy, so I can only imagine what will happen to Madeleine. It's not fun having them removed, and I shouldn't imagine it would be too fun dying from it either, so why does Madeleine, and others like her, put themselves at this risk for? It's just silly. And if she doesn't care about her health, she can always look at it from the 'beauty' side - tanning will age your skin so she won't look very nice when she gets older.

Old 07-30-2005, 11:13 PM
Aristocracy

What is it Madeline is resting from really? I mean all of us have a love crisis, but we can't tan at the South of France, we have to live on with our lives.

Quote:
"I have some time off and and wants to be left alone" the princess, who seemd to enjoy partying without her boyfriend, said.
Then she smiled and posed exclusivly for Expressen, despite the fact the she normally is very shy infront of photographers.
That is incredibly contradictory. She wants to be left alone, poses for the press, and also parties all day and night.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu An
What is it Madeline is resting from really? I mean all of us have a love crisis, but we can't tan at the South of France, we have to live on with our lives.
she´s on holiday like millions of other european, nothing wrong with that :)
Quote:
That is incredibly contradictory. She wants to be left alone, poses for the press, and also parties all day and night.
The exact word she said was:
Jag är ledig nu och vill ha lite tid för mig själv / I have some time off now and wants some time for myself.

Perhaps she meant that she wants to be away from her parents, the every-day-life in Sweden and her boyfriend? But I agree with you, it is a little contradictory.

Btw, according to Aftonbladet, Madeleine said that there is no crisis and that Jonas is with her in France... so thats probably untrue
Old 07-31-2005, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

i read that madeleine told the press that she isn't going anymore with jonas. does anyone know if that information is true? i find it really strange that they cut their long time relationship after her asking her father if she could marry him just some months ago...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-31-2005, 11:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well you should not belive everything you read in the news. I have read from no reliable source that Madeleine has asked her father to marry Jonas.

VG has a story from Aftonbladet who has talked to Madeleine in France
This is what she says:

"Im still with Jonas, the supposed love crisis I dont know what to say about, but it has been so much in the papers so I understand that people starts to wonder"

"It has been fantastic days, many of my friends are here and the weather is beautiful with alot of sun" (It shows )

The papers has written you are in France alone

"No that is not true, Jonas is here with me"

Jonas: "Madeleine is a super girl, we are still together, and we get along very well, there is no love crisis"

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=285490
Old 07-31-2005, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

thanks for the info, larzen!
was it some kind of official interview?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-31-2005, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
thanks for the info, larzen!
was it some kind of official interview?
No it was a reporter from Aftonbladet who talked to Madeleine in St Tropez. So its nothing official at all....