Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 4: June 2005 - January 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A new photo from St Tropez!

Princess Madeleine of Sweden arriving with her aunt, Princess Lilian (Yennie: Is that really her?) from Stockholm to Nice airport, southern France, on July 29, 2005 (Yennie: they must have got the day wrong) to spend some vacation in the royal family´s summer residence in Sainte-Maxime.
Photo by Patrick Osterberg/Fotomarktplatz

More photos of Madeleine at la Cave in St Tropez!

from Abaca press

Attachments

• airport.jpg
    airport.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,184
  • airport2.jpg
    airport2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 884
  • 387960.jpg
    387960.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 7,961
  • 387961.jpg
    387961.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 600
  • 387962.jpg
    387962.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 458
  • 387963.jpg
    387963.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 478
Last edited by a moderator:
I love the dress on Madeleine and I understand that a great white dress looks awesome with a tan, but her faux tan is tooo much! I know this is an old topic of discussion, but there are self tanners out there today that let you control the degree of the tanning effect. Hope she uses it soon.

OMG she her tan is too dark!!! it doesn´t looks so good in that way
Thanks for the pics

Princess Madeleine is on the cover of Norwegian Se og Hør, inside there is alot :rolleyes: of bikini pictures from almost every angle, (obiously taken by a male photographer:D) the article says she was at a party with Paris Hilton and Runar Sørgaard (ex husband of singer Carola) they labelled the party "the summers wildest celebrety party" but Se og Hør is known for exaggerating so maybe they were just in St Tropez at the same time, I just skimmed the mag in the store so I dont know really....

Attachments

• Forside.jpg
    Forside.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:
hey, can anyone post pictures of princess M boyfriend? I've never seen him. Thanks.

polop said:
hey, can anyone post pictures of princess M boyfriend? I've never seen him. Thanks.
If you look at the threads devoted to Princess Madeleine & her boyfriend Jonas, you can find pictures there.

Larzen said:
Princess Madeleine is on the cover of Norwegian Se og Hør, inside there is alot :rolleyes: of bikini pictures from almost every angle, (obiously taken by a male photographer:D) the article says she was at a party with Paris Hilton and Runar Sørgaard (ex husband of singer Carola) they labelled the party "the summers wildest celebrety party" but Se og Hør is known for exaggerating so maybe they were just in St Tropez at the same time, I just skimmed the mag in the store so I dont know really....
Some Swedish newspaper articles have also tried to put the words in such ways that the reader could think that Princess Madeleine was there with the celebs, but when you read them closer - it clearly said that she was there with friends, but that a lot of celebs are there are the same time as her and that they just all attended some party, which isn't very strange since they're all VIP's...

Last edited by a moderator:
After Larzen (thank you!) posted that cover, here is a picture (which accompanied a short story abour her riviera vacation, with the usual phrases we've already read) that also leaves me very perplexed. After the pics we've seen of Princess Madeleine in St Tropez, she has seemed to be brown like a ginger snap with her normal over-tanning procedures. But now these pictures shows up - and suddenly her skin is much lighter, and she's not brown as a ginger snap! Could it be bad light on the other pictures? Or bad picture quality? Because the difference is huge! And that's an understatement... Confused - me!

Picture from Se & Hør.

Attachments

• 00000031madeleine.jpg
    00000031madeleine.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 920
Last edited:
The tan

I guess the reason Princess Madeleine's tan looks nowhere as dark as it does in the photographs taken of her in the white dress is because of the sun being so bright it affected the result of the photograph taken of her on the beach.

I have to agree with Gita on this one. The photo on the beach was obviously taken in extreme sunlight so it makes the photo lighter. Good point, Gita.

Lighting

Though not a fan of too much sun, I do feel that the lighting in the pictures of her in the white dress make her look darker. Plus, keep in mind that your tan is always darker right after you have been out in the sun. :cool: Perhaps she had spent the day in the sun and that made her appear darker?

It doesn't bother me that she is this tan in the summer. It is looking this tan in the middle of January that doesn't sit well with me. ;)

Ah...to each their own. I'm just worried about the halth effects, not to mention the leathery skin she will have when she is older. :rolleyes:

Yennie said:
More photos of Madeleine at la Cave in St Tropez!

from Abaca press
She looks terrible! Please someone talk to her about skin cancer!

If she keep on playing with the sun like that, she will have cancer later.

I hope Madeleine is not tanning constantly (as in out in the sun everyday all day). She should cut back....if she wants to tan, tan like once a week for a few hours. Or when she is out & about, go out in a tank top & shorts so she can get some color. As someone who CAN'T tan I'm jealous that she can have some color. I just burn (I got sunburned to the point where I had to go to the hospital b/c I had 1st & 2nd degree burns over my body. I learned never to go out into the sun for 5 hours w/out putting on sun screen :D ). Even w/ just a little color she looks great (heck even Pale she looks great! :) ). Could she be addicted to tanning? Just curious...that does happen to people. (And I'm not trying to implying or starting a rumor...just curious :) )

In response to Madeleine looking like an oompa loompa, you can't take the pictures taken of her at night as a accurate representation of how her skin really looks. I have taken photography classes, and one thing that I have learned is that the flash on the camera can alter colors. Depending on the angle and the lighting, it can make something, or someone, look lighter or darker than they actually are. The picture of her on the beach actually gives a better idea of her skin color. Natural light will bring out the natural color of objects. That is why when you go to a store and buy a shirt the color isn't exactly the same as when you bought it. That's because the lighting in stores isn't the same as the lighting almost everywhere else. The same thing happened to Charlize Theron at the Academy Awards last year. On video camera, she looked like she did the old "fake and bake," but when the flash photographs came out the effect was the same as Madeleine's. Although her tanning can be a cause for concern, she hasn't gone as far to the extreme as those pictures make it out to be.

a Madeleine sighting from www.mingel.se

An day in the life of a princess.
The life of a princess isn´t all about glamour. We can report that little princess Madeleine is busy with completely normal every-day-work.

With grocery shopping and laundry to be more exact. Just like you and me.
Yesterday we bumped into Madde just as she came out of a dry-cleaners store at Linnégatan in Stockholm carrying shirts and dresses in a large pack.
She then put it in her car- a gigantic SUV.
Madeleine was looking fresh wearing jeans, a white top and her hair down

No job

No, Princess Madeleine is currently sudying full time at the University of Stockholm. She is not dues to finish her studies for some time yet. Princess Madeleine is currently on her summer holidays.

Hi Gita,
any idea what she might be studying? I read in recent years she has an interest in interior design and fashion, but is that what she's currently studying?

From september 2004 to june 2005 Madeleine studied ethnology at Stockholm university. She will continue her studies this fall, but another subject

Madde's Tan Addiction

Oppie said:
JMHO - Just my humble (honest) opinion. I don't know the other one.
Thankx!:)
crazyquinny, I agree with part of what you say, but have you seen the pics of her holidays in Marbella? And I remember the pics of a royal engagement she did last year where she was photographed in full light and looked like Lil Kim (black with a blond wig). Her tan is not of the fake yellowish type, it's a real brow tan, and she sport it all year long (more or less accentuated). I think that's an addiction and that's dangerous. JMHO.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/08/09/swedishroyals/

Sweden's lovely young princesses Victoria and Madeleine made a pretty picture in pink and blue summer gowns topped off with tiaras when they attended the wedding of Prince Manuel von Bayern and Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg.

Their parents, King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia, were among the 300 or so guests, as was Gunilla von Bismarck. The wedding took place this weekend at Stigtomta in the Sodermanland region west of Stockholm, and occasional showers failed to deter well-wishers from lining the roads to catch a glimpse of their princesses.

What subject?

Hi Yennie. Do you know what subject Princess Madeleine will study this autumn? I read somewhere that she will work towards a degree in ethnology, is this true?

Gita said:
Hi Yennie. Do you know what subject Princess Madeleine will study this autumn? I read somewhere that she will work towards a degree in ethnology, is this true?
I think it was history, but I cant find the article so I´m not 100 % sure...
Yes, perhaps she will get a degree in ethnology! She once said that her dream was to go "all they way" and get a degree, but she didn´t mention in which subject.

I won´t say anything to Madeleine and tanning, because I´ve written a lot to that.
But there´s an other thing I´ve noticed...it´s maybe just me and maybe a little bit mean...to me Madeleine doesn´t look very much in shape. Don´t get me wrong...she´s slim...probably an european size 38 (maybe even 36) but to me she looks this summer like the typical case of a radical last minute diet. Better she would have kept her curvy, but firm shape from winter.
PS: this white bikini just helps to strenghten my impression.

I´m a bit confused about the thing with Jonas. In german we have a saying: where´s smoke, there´s also fire...I hope the tabloids and me are wrong. Jonas is by far the best guy, she ever had...

Last edited:
carl philip has a bout named after him does madeiene also have one?

Josefine said:
carl philip has a bout named after him does madeiene also have one?
No she hasn´t (atleast not one of the steamers in Stockholm) and neither has Victoria I think. The reason why Carl Philip has, is probably that he was crown prince and they wanted to name a boat after him...
I read somewhere that the minute his name was realeased to the public the company rang and "reserved" and registrated the name Carl Philip.

t4p Casiraghitrio!
Does anyone know which phone she has? (looks like it has stripes on it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom