The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 08:43 AM
Commoner

I think Sweden is the same as Belgium where no matter what the sex of the first born they are in line to the throne. Ie. Crown Prince Phillippe for Belgium and Victoria for Sweden. In Belgium, Princess Astrid (the second eldest) is married and has five children. Her children and her husband were granted the title of Prince/Princess of Belgium so I'm thinking it may be the same in Sweden but I guess we'll just have to wait and see really.

Old 06-30-2005, 09:13 AM
Serene Highness

Are the Kings sister's children granted titles?

Old 06-30-2005, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
Are the Kings sister's children granted titles?
No, they have no titles from being the King's sister's children. Because of the situation in those days, the King's sisters, except Birgitta, lost their HRH title when they married non-royals.

Princess Birgitta's children are Princes/Princesses of Hohenzollern which comes from their father's side, and Princess Désirée's children are Baron/Baroness Silfverschiöld which also comes from their father's side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
Just a question...I know if Madeleine married Jonas or anyone for that matter he would not receive a title. I'm pretty sure Madeleine's kids would not receive a title either. But would Madeleine's kids be "higher up" on the social ladder than commoners? I know in Britain Peter and Zara Phillips are "higher up" for lack of a better term. Thanks for answering!
We will have to wait and see, it's in the King's discretion to decide. It will be quite a new situation.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Has someone seen the paper edition of Aftonbladet from yesterday (maybe Tuesday). In it there should be pics of Madeleine shopping in St. Tropez. I wonder, if these pics are new. Maybe someone could get the edition from yesterday (neighbours or at work)? :)
Old 07-07-2005, 04:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Has someone seen the paper edition of Aftonbladet from yesterday (maybe Tuesday). In it there should be pics of Madeleine shopping in St. Tropez. I wonder, if these pics are new. Maybe someone could get the edition from yesterday (neighbours or at work)? :)
I dont think there was any photos from St Tropez in Aftonbladet yesterday, but perhaps it was on tuesday? Anyone??
Old 07-07-2005, 05:13 AM
Gentry

I have checked the online-issues every day this week, but I couldn't find anything. I think if there are any new stories about Princess Madeleine they would be published online...at least this is how it works in the past.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

There was an article about the royal couple in St Maxime yesterday, and about the fires. Perhaps its them you´re thinking of Lena?
Old 07-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
There was an article about the royal couple in St Maxime yesterday, and about the fires. Perhaps its them you´re thinking of Lena?
This is the post, I´m refering to:
http://forums.rbhq.net/showpost.php?p=81257&postcount=1

I´ve asked AnnaLisa, if the pics of Madeleine in St.Tropez were new...but I haven´t gotten an answer so far.
Actually it would surprise me a bit, when CG, Silvia, Madeleine and Jonas would be at the same time around St. Tropez...but who knows.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

In accordance with our new policy regarding copyrighted material (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...931#post239931) - please remember:

- When posting pictures, provide the source for them
- When posting articles, only post the headline and the first lines of the story followed by a link to the article
- If you post an article in another language than English, provide a translation or a summary (entire articles may be posted if they are translated)

If you don’t know the language in the article you want translated, ask someone for help to summarize or translate.

Thank you for cooperation and respect for our policy

GrandDuchess, as Super Moderator
Old 07-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

The latest photo of Madeleine: riding on Öland yesterday, saturday July 9th
scanned from Expressen

Old 07-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for scanning the pic Yennie. Nice to see Madeleine horseback riding again, not a day too late!
Old 07-11-2005, 01:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Thanks for scanning the pic Yennie. Nice to see Madeleine horseback riding again, not a day too late!
I agree with all here. Which means, that I´m very thankful, that you have scanned the pic for us, Yennie and that I agree, that it´s nice to see Madeleine again on a saddle. That´s almost as it was in the good old times :)

Two more pics of Madeleine riding (from facetoface)
In Expressen Madeleine is criticised of unions for horseback riders and of young riding girls (age 12-15) because she has not worn a helmet in the pics.
Morgan (ACJ´s right hand) from the Royal court says, that he hasn´t seen the pic, but that he knows, that Madeleine always rides with a helmet

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=402365
Old 07-11-2005, 05:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh, nice to see so many photos of the royal family. Looks like the press wont leave them alone on Öland...
Even though I love the photos I kinda feel bad for them
Old 07-11-2005, 01:15 PM
Gentry

I really do like the pics with Madeleine on a horse. She looks great, very sporty. I think it is not fair to judge her because she wears no helmet. Of course it is better to wear a helmet everytime when you climb on a horse, but I think on a very hot summerday you can excuse her doing not so. After all, it was not a public horse show or something but her private joy -observed by paparazzis. Can we achieve that she feels as a role model/idol every minute in her life?
Old 07-12-2005, 09:42 AM
Commoner

I totally agree with you, sesam. She was born a human being, we can't ask her to behave as a role model every minut of her life, she has the right to have fun, just like anyone else.
In what refers to the constant presence of paparazzis, I guess there's nothing she can do about it considering the role she has in society, she must get used to it and learn to deal with that. She has been a princess for 23 years, for Christ sake, why does she care if paparazzi are watching or not?Does she have anything to hide?What ever she doesn't want to be watched she can do in the privacy of her random of palaces, castles and other private properties.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

From nettavisen/Expressen

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/k...icle421386.ece

Gucci closed for the Princess

When Madeleine her friend Andrea and Andreas boyfriend went shopping at Gucci the stroe closed for 1,5 hours to give them privacy. They were loaded with bags when they left the store. the store says its important for them to give their customers privacy and want say what the princess bought. Madeleine is very fond of bags and sunglasses from Gucci and tops and shirts from Massimo Dutti. Several of the stores gives her discounts but Gucci says they do not.

I wonder if these are the from the pictures posted or another occation, I dont know what Andrea (Brolin??) look like, nor were they loaded with bags when they left
Old 07-13-2005, 06:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

New photo of Madeleine!
I have no idea where she is but perhaps its from St Tropez or some other place at the french riviera?
Or Stockholm or Öland :)

Old 07-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

More photos of Madeleine riding on Öland a few days ago.
Photos from Van Parys media

Must be nice to ride in such places like Alvaret...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	feat_madeleine_120705_01.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	168267   Click image for larger version

Name:	feat_madeleine_120705_02.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	168268   Click image for larger version

Name:	feat_madeleine_120705_04.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	168269   Click image for larger version

Name:	feat_madeleine_120705_05.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	168270  

Click image for larger version

Name:	feat_madeleine_120705_06.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	168271   Click image for larger version

Name:	feat_madeleine_120705_07.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	168272   Click image for larger version

Name:	feat_madeleine_120705_10.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	168273  
Old 07-19-2005, 01:16 PM
Courtier

Question Holiday

Thanks for the photographs Yennie! Love the ones of her on the horse. :)

Will Madeleine and Jonas head over to St Tropez later this month?
Old 07-19-2005, 03:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Will Madeleine and Jonas head over to St Tropez later this month?
Lets hope so! Usually there´s many good photos from their trips down south :)