The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 03:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
In Britain the royal family is upset because of Victoria Beckhams jeans brand "Rock and Republic". They dont like that the royal crown is beeing used on the back of the jeans...

and guess who wears one of the pairs: yes, princess Madeleine :) Yesterday she was seen around Stockholm wearing those jeans. After a long day at the university she headed for the city and was seen shopping, having lunch and getting a haircut.
She has bought hers n a shop in Stockholm for 2000 sek
ACJ says to Expressen:
- Its a pity if the queen is upset, but its a question of trademark that they have to make an agreement about home in Britain.
http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=447007
OH... it's a pity we don't get more pics of madeleine with those jeans. i always like how victoria dresses :) (although that fashion opinion is indirectly proportional to what i think of her) :)
it's quite strange that she uses those jeans, not only because of the queen's anger because they have a crown but because of the name of the brand "rock and republic", when she is a princess...

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah, I guess she thinks maybe its kinda funny her, as a princess, sporting those "crowns" but I just think its tacky that they're on her rear.

a shirt or scarf with crowns (even if the label is called "Rock and Republic") would be a little more tasteful.

Old 10-11-2005, 11:12 PM
Royal Highness

While the jeans maybe tacky, I don't think it's quite fair to "restrict" Madeleine of what she can wear. I know there a lot of jean companies out there and for her to choose this one is somewhat ironic, but maybe she finds them comfortable? Besides, it's not like anything can be done to Madeleine for wearing a simple piece of clothing. I personally wouldn't mind a pair myself but then again I'm not royalty.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

The story continues :)
as we talked about before
Quote:
In Britain the royal family is upset because of Victoria Beckhams jeans brand "Rock and Republic". They dont like that the royal crown is beeing used on the back of the jeans...

and guess who wears one of the pairs: yes, princess Madeleine :) Yesterday she was seen around Stockholm wearing those jeans. After a long day at the university she headed for the city and was seen shopping, having lunch and getting a haircut.
She has bought hers n a shop in Stockholm for 2000 sek
ACJ says to Expressen:
- Its a pity if the queen is upset, but its a question of trademark that they have to make an agreement about home in Britain.
http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=447007
http://www.brunopress.nl/fotoweb/GridNormal.fwx
there´s many more photos from the day when Madeleine was out shopping wearing the "crown jeans"

If the page isnt showing photos of Madeleine, just search for "Madeleine" and they´ll show up!

in case they´ll be taken away from the site I´ll post some of them here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Madde.jpg
Views:	2894
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	203220   Click image for larger version

Name:	(F) Madde-20.jpg
Views:	2799
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	203221   Click image for larger version

Name:	(F) Madde-19.jpg
Views:	2915
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	203222   Click image for larger version

Name:	(F) Madde-9.jpg
Views:	2777
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	203223  

Name:	(F) Madde-8.jpg
Views:	4411
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	203224  
Old 10-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Royal Highness

Of course Madeleine is carrying a Gucci bag. Who is that with her? It kind of looks like Louise but I'm not sure....
Old 10-14-2005, 05:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
Of course Madeleine is carrying a Gucci bag. Who is that with her? It kind of looks like Louise but I'm not sure....
Yes you´re right. The girl with Madeleine is Louise Gottlieb
Old 10-15-2005, 04:35 PM

The Rock and Republic jeans are getting a lot of buzz here in the states. A lot of the fashion mags here are saying they make your butt look great and have a really good fit. I have a feeling that they will become the next 7's or Citizen's jeans (7 for All Mankind and Citizen's of Humanity are really popular brands here, they're expensive but look really good on!). I really doubt Madeleine was wearing them because of the crowns on the back, but because they're the new "in jeans" of the moment since she's really into fashion. And yes, I'll admit, I'm looking into getting pair for myself! :)
Old 10-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Majesty

who is louise gottlieb? is she a friend of madeleine from school or uni maybe?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
who is louise gottlieb? is she a friend of madeleine from school or uni maybe?
Louise Gottlieb is Madeleines best friend and they have known eachother since their early teenage years.
The went to school together, was confirmed togehter and later went on to university together. And in 2001 they studied in London together...
they do most things together :)
Old 10-26-2005, 12:31 AM
Royal Highness

It really is a shame that Madeleine is so busy with University. Of course getting an education is very important but I would love to see Madeleine take on more official duties. She is young and no doubt will have many more especially when Victoria inherits the throne, but there really is no news about her right now. Shopping with Rock 'n Republic jeans on is not real news to me. She also seems wonderful with children like Victoria. I know she is patron of "My Big Day" in Sweden but is she patron of any other organization? I hope when she gets out of University, she will start supporting several organizations like crazy, there is so much good a person can do with that much influence and publicity.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:30 AM
Heir Apparent

a big photo from her outing with friends (from nettavisen)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Prinsesse_Madeleine_214887g.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	206090  
Old 11-13-2005, 11:55 PM
Royal Highness

Any new news on Madeleine? I believe in an education but we never get a lot of news/pictures when she's at University. It also seems to slow down a lot more becaue Jonas is in London :(. Hopefully, she'll come to Nobel this year...in a new dress perhaps?
Old 11-19-2005, 01:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilou
what royal duty ?
she will attend a morning service at St:a Clara church in Stockholm

from the calendar:

Sunday 27/11

> H.M The Queen, H.R.H Princess Madeleine
Presence at the morning service in the Saint Clara Church in combination with informations on the work of the local parish
Stockholm
Old 11-28-2005, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
she will attend a morning service at St:a Clara church in Stockholm

from the calendar:

Sunday 27/11

> H.M The Queen, H.R.H Princess Madeleine
Presence at the morning service in the Saint Clara Church in combination with informations on the work of the local parish
Stockholm
Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
Any new pictures?:)
see :
Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 2: December 2004 - December 2005
Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 2: December 2004 - December 2005
Old 11-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Royal Highness

Madeleine looks very pretty during her recent official duty. She's letting her hair grow out...hopefully she won't get into the ponytail obsession like her sisiter . Just kidding, Madeleine seems to like her hair down while Victoria likes her's in a ponytail . Is her next official duty just Nobel?
Old 11-30-2005, 09:48 PM
Courtier

The Queen looks so adorable, Madeleine looks gorgeous I love her hair
Old 12-01-2005, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

a new article from nettavisen with delightful Madeleine's photo gallery on the bottom :

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/k...icle503073.ece

There will be a council meeting of Europa Nostra at Forum in Brussels from 6 to 7 December (according to Prince Henrik of Denmark's schedule).

Will Princess Madeleine attend? as i recall, she was appointed as Patron back in June.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:44 PM
Royal Highness

Sunday 11/12

> T.M. The King & Queen, H.R.H. The Crown Princess, H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip, H.R.H. Princess Lilian, Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson
H.M. The King’s Dinner for the Nobel Laureates
The Royal Palace of Stockholm

Does Madeleine never attend this dinner?
Old 12-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
Sunday 11/12

> T.M. The King & Queen, H.R.H. The Crown Princess, H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip, H.R.H. Princess Lilian, Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson
H.M. The King’s Dinner for the Nobel Laureates
The Royal Palace of Stockholm

Does Madeleine never attend this dinner?
She has attended the King's dinner for the Nobel Laureates in previous years, but this year she won't attend. My guess is that it's because of her studies, she might have an exam or something important which makes it important for her not to stay up too late the day before, and perhaps study a bit before Monday.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Nobility

I really enjoyed the pictures of her at the Saint Clara Church. I wish she was going to the dinner. We rarely get new pictures of her these days. :( But you are right, her studies are more important.