The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 01:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Princess Madeleine ... shops at IKEA in Stockholm for her new apartment
She must have been sweating like a "stuffed pig" in that down jacket !
- was it that cold outside (between car and store)?

Old 01-04-2005, 02:00 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
The highs in Stockholm lately have been just above freezing. Anyway, I think it´s her "all-purpose" jacket.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:46 AM
Royal Highness

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
The highs in Stockholm lately have been just above freezing. Anyway, I think it´s her "all-purpose" jacket.
with a black hood belonging to her infamous down vest underneath?
Old 01-04-2005, 07:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

oh, some new pics! Nice :)
So she is a IKEA fan to? Wonder what she bought?
Old 01-04-2005, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Wow, cool pics! Thanks so much for posting them Humera! Finally some new pics of a royal in "private". It seems as she was looking for kitchen ware, and other stuff like that. So this was Princess Madeleine's 3rd visit to IKEA that we know of, right? The woman who is with her looks familiar, but I can't place her. I would say she's from the Royal Court.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Pink cap and those boots..cute
I´m very pleased to see, that Madeleine seems to be a person, who doesn´t only shop for the most expensive, but for the things she likes (expensive or not...I bet, she also was at more exclusive shops for interior design)

And now a little (senseless) comment from my side...I also own a few of those blue cups, which you can see in one of the pictures. I use them to drink hot chocolate
Old 01-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Here you can discuss and post the latest news and pictures on/of princess Madeleine of Sweden.
To read in the previous thread go to:
Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 3: August 2004 - June 2005

24/01:
New article on Madeleine
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...593171,00.html
After the kidnapping of Fabian Bengtsson (his parents own a chain of markets on consumer electronics...he´s still not back) Madeleine was yesterday (Saturday/Sunday) protected of 4 bodyguards from Säpo (usually she has 2) And before she went to the club (Kharma), it was searched through of the police.
If you ask me, this is again one of those "overshoots", typically for public authorities. Firstly they do nothing for years and then when something happens, suddenly all want to do everything and at once. I remember that a few years ago Madeleine hadn´t bodyguards at all! A young girl, daughter of a rich king and NO bodyguards. And now after a kidnapping (which seems to be sadly popular in Sweden...2 and a half years ago, an other son of a millionaire, Erik Westerberg, was kidnapped. I think then SÄPO slowly started to realise, that Madeleine could also need protection like Victoria) they start to do their job the right way, and it seems, for them it never was an option (that Madeleine would have been kidnapped...out of greed, of an insane person, or of terrorists) before. Sigh.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

We have reached page 10, time to close the thread. To read and write in the new one go to:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=4530
Old 01-24-2005, 09:00 AM
Majesty

4 bodygurds that is a lot in sweden
Old 01-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Yes it seems a little overdone. They could have stuck with the 2 if they were good. But Säpo has had some trouble these last few years. Well-known cases of mistakes. Anyway, this is the same club where Jonas and Erik got into the "fight"(Expressobladet made it sound like Ali-Frazier) a while ago.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Yes it seems a little overdone. They could have stuck with the 2 if they were good.
I agree, 4 bodyguards seems a bit much. But I am surprised that Princess Madeleine was been allowed to make private visits around (not to mention London a few year ago) , w/o any bodyguards up untill now. Most royals from other countries, whether or not they are senior royals, have 2 bodyguards with them at all times. Ex: Princess Harry has 2 bodyguards at all times, even though he is not the heir. I have read articles about how Sweden and many of the other scandinavian countries are considered "open" societies where bodyguards are rarely used, not even for the Prime Minister. However, I think it is silly for royals and top gov'tment official to go w/o protection as it could make them more of a target. I don't think that the elite in scandinavia should all have bodyguards like in some countries (i.e.- South American, Mexico), but I do think that it is important the royal, gov'tment official, other people in the public eyes should have the same adequate protection that the same people in other industrialized countries would have.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprincess
I agree, 4 bodyguards seems a bit much. But I am surprised that Princess Madeleine was been allowed to make private visits around (not to mention London a few year ago) , w/o any bodyguards up untill now. Most royals from other countries, whether or not they are senior royals, have 2 bodyguards with them at all times. Ex: Princess Harry has 2 bodyguards at all times, even though he is not the heir. I have read articles about how Sweden and many of the other scandinavian countries are considered "open" societies where bodyguards are rarely used, not even for the Prime Minister. However, I think it is silly for royals and top gov'tment official to go w/o protection as it could make them more of a target. I don't think that the elite in scandinavia should all have bodyguards like in some countries (i.e.- South American, Mexico), but I do think that it is important the royal, gov'tment official, other people in the public eyes should have the same adequate protection that the same people in other industrialized countries would have.
I think it's good that Säpo finally takes their protection of the "minor" royals serious - and even if 4 security guards seems a lot - I think it's okay, especially with the current situation.

Both Princess Madeleine and Prince Carl Philip has been very "free" up until the last few years, even driving themself and walking around freely. But a few years ago, after they had their first stalkers and the general climate got a bit "harder", they have both had security guard protection when on official engagements or places with large crowds.

Also, after the murder of Anna Lindh (then Minister for Foreign Affairs) - and also a bit before that - the general climate in the society has gotten a bit tougher - and the murder of her was a real wake-up call. Säpo (the Swedish security police that provides protection for royals and officials) was massively criticised for not forcing her to have protection (she didn't want it herself), and now they have hopefully gotten much better in their procedures. There was an official inquiry on their work a while ago - and now they have raised the protection for both the Royal Family and other officials and their funds have been increased.

Before all this, the only ones who have been "forced" to have protection by Säpo are the King, Queen, Crown Princess and Prime Minister. But this was then, now there are new times with a harder climate...
Old 01-24-2005, 03:45 PM
Majesty

I thought it was oinly the king and the Prime Minister that got protection from Säpo that was written down in some kind of law and the queen and crown princess got it becouse they get much attention
Old 01-24-2005, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
I thought it was oinly the king and the Prime Minister that got protection from Säpo that was written down in some kind of law and the queen and crown princess got it becouse they get much attention
The Head of State (the King) and the Prime Minister are the only ones obligated by law to have personal protection (as far as I know), but the Queen and the Crown Princess have always had it and always will - it's just taken as a given, considering their positions. Sorry if I expressed myself in an unclear way.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Majesty

no worries
when was the first time madeleine started to get protection from Säpo
Old 01-25-2005, 07:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

wednesday 26 january, Madeleine will visit the University hospital in Linköping. Lets hope there will be lots of photos of that by tomorrow evening!

About Maddes shopping habits at H&M and Ikea...
Madde har övergett "fina gatan" | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	privateshopshop2003.JPG
Views:	600
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	84532   Click image for larger version

Name:	ikea2005.JPG
Views:	609
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	84533  
Old 01-26-2005, 08:52 AM
Courtier

Oh my god she also buys ordinary things in ordinary shops. :)
Old 01-26-2005, 11:32 AM
Majesty

is it so strange?
Old 02-03-2005, 06:01 AM
Courtier

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...598146,00.html

Whats that article about? Did Madleine "steal" a Taxi from a 85 year old person ?
Old 02-03-2005, 06:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

No, she ran into it!
She drove her car and was behind the taxi. Both cars stopped at a traffic light and then Madeleine tought the taxi started to drive., but it didin´t so she ran into it.
Apparently the old lady was thrown against the window and then back again and later complained about neck pains. (Dunno if thats the whole truth, since Aftonbladet likes to twist the truth a bit :) )

Madeleine was so upset she "almost had tears in her eys" says the taxi driver.
The royal court told the press the princess is very sorry and that she is feeling terrible after causing the old lady this.
The royal court also said that Madeleine will send flowers to the lady!

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=236982

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...598146,00.html

Closed Thread